Top 5 players at each position

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Yung Jaq, Apr 15, 2016.

1. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    Sometimes I get points by accident so…

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. Kernsy

Kernsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 21 / -63
    Shut up Jon. It's a joke I'm not in top 5 LW

kernsy35
  3. Oso-Sic

Oso-Sic RIP to Recki

Discord:
    Oso-Sic#4266
    Ratings:
    +601 / 6 / -39
    I someday hope to be #20 on one of these lists.

• Like Like x 1
    HoustonOso
  4. NeWFie-KaNaTa

NeWFie-KaNaTa Xwhat???

Ratings:
    +91 / 19 / -22
    I have beaten these goalies and proved myself equal to or better than more than one. If is this is the best then I must be good lol..

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    NeWFie_KaNaTa
  5. sam11stern

sam11stern Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +277 / 102 / -71
    Make a list

• Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. CCPiper

CCPiper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 1 / -6
    Here's my list. Sorry if it's too long but I rarely ever write stuff like this so I figured I'd go all out. Also, I have pretty much never seen any of the Xbox-ers play more than like 2 games (ex: Nuge, Devin, Sloshy) so I just left them out.

LW
    @Class_Act_27
    Class is very skilled at carrying the puck and making space for himself especially on the zone entry. He's great at taking advantage of subtle mistakes by D-men and Gs, and is a dominant forechecker. He is also by far the best player in the game at scoring shorthanded goals and getting behind the defense in those situations. In general, Class is the best scorer in the game right now besides 47, who doesn't really play much anymore.
    2. @sicker than jaq
    JD isn't as good at carrying the puck into the zone himself as Class or PTP may be, but he's still a good finisher and, similarly to Class, knows how to take advantage of mistakes. In my opinion, JD is the best defensive LW in the game, and is excellent at doing little things that lots of people take for granted (a good example of this is his patented faceoff chop - he is always alert when defending or retrieving tie-ups). I would say JD is probably my personal favorite LW to play with, although I consider Class to be a step ahead of him.
    3. @P t P 10
    PTP is a good, quick passer, talented at making plays with the puck on his stick, and responsible defensively. PTP is the definition of a well-rounded player, so he doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses (shown by his ability to play every position). It's a tough call between JD and PTP for the #2 and #3 spots at LW; however, since I am more familiar with JD at LW, I would have to put him at #2.
    4. KSook19
    Originally an Xbox-er, I only met Sook this year following his switch to PS4 and got to play an entire season of VG with him on my team. Sook is also a very well-rounded player like PTP (and also can play well at multiple different positions, although almost all of the players on this list can). Sook is good at reading plays all over the ice and loves to lay hits, which is certainly a plus in my book. The biggest thing that sets the top 3 apart from Sook in my opinion is finishing. That's not to say that Sook is a bad finisher, but I feel that the top 3 are just all excellent finishers, which is a very important trait especially in a LW.
    5. @sam11stern
    As we all know, Sam is a nice lady. However, that doesn't translate to the ice (or the chatbox). Sam absolutely loves to hit and truck through people by using his huge hands when he gets angry. Throughout the past couple of years that I have played with Sam, he has gotten a lot better at carrying/protecting the puck with good body positioning. He is a very aggressive and productive forechecker, as well as being reliable defensively. Sam's biggest weakness is his finishing. I also feel that sometimes he is overly conservative with where he chooses to pass the puck, sometimes passing up a potential one-timer to hold onto the puck instead.

C
    AJ_Rockers
    Jensen is clearly the best C, and player, on this console (and most likely both consoles). He plays on a different wavelength than just about everybody else and is completely unpredictable. He's fantastic at protecting the puck, entering the zone, reading plays defensively, and peppering the goalie with shots (and I don't mean just taking terrible floater shots that the typical noob claims to be a "good" shot). He's also one of the calmest people I have ever played with, which is an aspect of the game that most people don't talk about in this community but really is important, especially in a center.
    2. @CCPiper
    3. @Str8Syko__
    Truth be told, I don't think I've ever actually seen Pinder play a game at C since usually I play there when we play club. However, judging from his skills at other positions that I've seen him play (and seeing other people put him here), he definitely is a good choice for the #3 spot. Pinder is proficient at making moves with the puck on his stick, and is great at hitting the home-run play that every team needs sometimes. He also is solid defensively and always knows where to go on the ice. His biggest weakness is that sometimes I find that he becomes a bit tunnel-visioned or carried away when he starts deking, but all in all Pinder is a great player.
    4. Mcfslayer921
    Slayer has been a great C for some time now. Although he tends to overpass sometimes, that seems to be a common theme amongst centers, and his tendency to move the puck quickly helps a lot for making plays on the breakout and zone entry. He has great thumbs and, as a result, is great at protecting the puck. He is very responsible defensively, and in general is a very defensively-minded player who loves to control the time of possession - a good trait to have in a center.
    5. @VegaRidge
    Doesn't play a lot anymore (in fact I haven't played with him in months), however, I think he has been one of the most overlooked players at this position for a while. Although he's not flashy, he is one of the best finishers at C, if not the best. He is one of the best players I've ever seen at burying garbage goals in front of the net, and while most people may attribute something like that to luck, it really isn't. He is dominant at faceoffs (was CLEARLY the best in the game at one point), and is also one of the smarter players in this community. His biggest weakness is that he tends to hold the puck a little bit too long sometimes and doesn't seem to have the flashy thumb skills that most centers do have, but Mark plays his own style that can be effective. Also, like Jensen, he is one of the most level-headed people in the community.

RW
    Crusaders47
    It's true - he never dekes. And that's what makes him one of the best players on the console. His simplicity and flow for the game is completely unique and unmatched by anybody. He doesn't overthink things (unlike almost everybody who has ever played this game). 47 commands the puck - all the time - and people give it to him because he is the best in the game at creating scoring chances and finishing them. He is great when it comes to zone entry, and is always aware of what is going on around him. He's the game's best fighter and is just fun to play with because he loves rattling the other team. Well deserving of the #1 RW spot. Fuckin' horrible, Vardsy.
    2. @jeff0012
    A complete contrast from 47, Jeff loves to do dekes. Fortunately, he is very good at them and one of the most well-known players to use them consistently on the console. Jeff is great at beating guys 1-on-1, 1-on-2, etc. and, like Pinder, is capable of hitting the home-run play that your team may need. However, unlike most players who love to deke, Jeff actually has good vision and is a great passer. He also loves to hit and plays a solid defensive game. His biggest weakness, in my opinion, is his finishing; I just don't think it's on the same level as the other aspects of his game.
    3. @B-Bunny
    Jordan is a really good finisher and is good at taking advantage of goalies who are out of position (again, definitely something you want in a winger). Although he takes a lot of heat for his passing ability, he really isn't a bad passer by any means, and can make clutch plays by moving the puck. His defensive ability is underrated; he really is one of the best defensive wingers in the game. He loves to be aggressive with the puck to force a D-man to make a play to stop him, which can lead to big goals or penalties drawn. Unfortunately, while he is good at drawing penalties, he also takes a lot, and sometimes can get tunnel-vision when he gets too aggressive.
    4. @iPLaY2WinDaGame_
    I haven't run into Mick a whole lot, so I'm not completely sure how he plays, but he has been one of the better RWs in the game for a while now, and is probably the most defensively-minded RW in the game who (like his center counterpart, Mcfslayer) loves to control the time of possession by playing a slow, methodical game. Although he used to be a more dynamic player in my opinion, he is still one of the best decision-making players I have ever seen and rarely turns the puck over. From the few times I have played against him this year, I believe he is still a top 5 RW and deserves this spot.
    5. bigyan__
    Even though I haven't really seen Yan play much this year either, the times I have he has still been a consistent threat to score. He has a knack for getting behind the defense to capitalize on some easy goals and is known for doing so. However, the past couple of years Yan has seemed to slow his game down a bit and has become a more well-rounded player whose defensive ability is underrated due to his reputation as a cherrypicker. It's always annoying playing against Yan when he's on some weirdo QC club and we only win by one goal in OT because he still somehow manages to sneak behind us and get a hat trick.

LD
    @Yung Jaq
    AJ is pretty clearly the best D-man on PS4. He has great attention to detail and understands the game's mechanics very well on top of his great hockey knowledge. He is difficult to forecheck and has a ton of skill skating with the puck. In the offensive zone, he has a knack for moving the puck quickly and cutting around or behind the RW for a great scoring chance, not to mention his skill on the PP or even just faceoff plays. Lots of people don't really talk about his defensive ability because his offense tends to overshadow it, but he is excellent at reading plays, and the best I've seen at shutting down odd-man rushes when playing with drunk D partners.
    2. @schroyer69
    Schroyer has developed into one of the better D-men on the system this year. He is a very versatile defenseman who is good at skating with the puck, moving the puck, and pressuring the puck carrier. I also find that he is tough to defend on certain faceoff plays, similarly to AJ, although they both tend to look for very different things on the faceoff. He makes the occasional boneheaded play once in a while, but I would say he's the 3rd best D-man on PS4 behind AJ and Jon.
    3. @SkillzPayBills3
    Skillz is a very annoying defender to play against. I usually don't put much stock into VS games because I think VS is pretty bogus for the most part, but I actually didn't realize how good Skillz was until I played him in a few VS games this year. I think he's one of the best D-men on the console in terms of stick checking (and thumb skills in general, for that matter). Also, he's a good decision-maker with the puck for the most part, and has talent with the puck on his stick. I'm not a fan of his straight lines, but I guess they work on occasion lol. He's definitely a talented player and I believe this is a good spot for him.
    4. @Tis Woy Woy
    I don't think I had ever played a club game with Kevin until Pro Series started, but in the past few weeks that I have gotten to play with him, I have really grown to respect the way he plays. His play actually reminds me of Skillz to some extent - Woy has really good stick/thumb skills and is good at carrying the puck. I think Skillz is better than Woy is in the defensive department in terms of pressuring the puck carrier, but Woy is better at moving the puck offensively.
    5. @Primary Flash
    Krish plays either side really, but since I've seen him play more at LD I decided to put him here. I think Krish used to be better a couple of years ago, but his biggest strength still remains which is his puck protection. Krish is annoying to forecheck because at times you feel like you have him buried and then he somehow avoids your poke or hit at the last second and draws a penalty or something. Krish also has pretty good thumb skills and is a smart guy, which is always a plus because generally stupid people aren't good at this game. I do feel that Krish used to be a better puck mover a couple of years ago, but he's still worthy of a top 5 spot especially since defense is so thin.

RD
    @GoHawks496
    Jon thinks the game differently than any other D-men do. Even though he plays drunk pretty much 90% of the time now, he still makes magic (when people stay out of his way). He does whatever it takes to win games and is very good at adjusting mid-game to whoever he is playing against. He is very calm with the puck on his stick and knows where he's supposed to go without it. His ability to read plays defensively is as good as any defender's. AJ and Jon have a level of chemistry that is unparalleled on the console, and besides AJ, Jon is the best D-man here.
    2. @Hardik88
    Hardik is somebody who I never really hear much out of. He is very good at shutting down people in the neutral zone or at the blue line due to his ability to stick check. He's also not a very easy defender to forecheck; he knows when he needs to move the puck and when he can skate with the puck himself. I don't really have much experience playing with him at all, but playing against him is always tough and thus he deserves the #2 spot.
    3. @gaggan07
    Haven't played with Gag in a while so I'm basically going off of what I saw earlier in the year, but I do know that Gag is a smart player who has always been comfortable handling the puck. Whenever I've played against him, he's been very tough to forecheck because of his ability to carry the puck and open up lanes for his forwards. He's good at reading plays defensively from just about any position, and RD is no exception. Putting him at #3 with his lack of recent playing might be a bit of a stretch, but I think if he did continue playing he would probably be here and I can't really imagine him being bad.
    4. @Xx-INGLIS-xX
    I never saw Inglis before this year but he is definitely a skilled player. He loves to carry the puck, and he's good at doing it, so it can be annoying to forecheck him. However, sometimes I think he holds onto the puck a little bit too long. He can be really tough to play against because of his ability to read plays in the neutral zone and his tendency to pounce on those plays. As a C when I play against him, a lot of times if I'm looking to pass to the winger on his side I have to think twice to make sure he's not trying to bait me into the pass. Not many D-men do that on PS4, so playing against Inglis is always fun and I, too, think he's underrated.
    5. @Enjoy__The__Show
    This was tough because I was thinking about putting Pat here, but Pat doesn't really play much anyways so I'll go with Knees. Knees is good defensively for the most part, and he understands where the puck should go on the breakout. The biggest knock against Knees is that he tends to telegraph his passes a lot so it can be easy to read where he's looking to pass. But Knees definitely has skill, and especially with RD being so thin this year (I would say it's the thinnest skater position on PS4) he is a viable #5 RD. I personally agree with JD though and think he's a better forward.

G
    @KingKonz-
    Konz has been a great goalie since day 1 this year (even in the beta he was one of the few goalies who weren't letting in 8 goals a game) and although I know he plays a lot of Xbox now, I think he's the best goalie on the PS4. It's very tough to choose between him and Kerns though; there's a reason why JD said 1A and 1B. Konz is capable of making big saves when needed, and he's good at reading what skaters are trying to do. Konz is a less aggressive goalie than Kerns, so Kerns can make bigger saves sometimes, however I feel like this helps Konz out a lot with rebounds. I also think Konz is slightly better at the post play than Kerns, but really I think the post play is all about the defense anyways so it's hard to really say. Konz is a very calm person which is definitely an important trait to have in a goalie.
    2. @Kerns-_-
    Kerns is the ultimate competitor and strives to be the best all the time, which I respect. He'll probably be furious at me for putting him at #2. Kerns is by far the best goalie in the game at stopping breakaways, and his aggressive style allows him to make big saves when needed (and he will make sure you know that it's a big save). He understands the goalie mechanics very well as well as the fundamentals of the position. His biggest weakness, in my opinion, is that he can let things get to his head sometimes, but whenever Kerns is focused he's as good as anybody.
    3. @jonlol
    Jon is clearly a top 3 goalie. Some people may disagree with me and put him above Kerns and/or Konz. I actually haven't played much at all with Jon, but it is easy to tell that Jon understands the game well (he'll have to fix it soon). He's not as aggressive as Konz or Kerns, which benefits him in some ways but hurts him in others. I feel like a lot of weird goals go in on him because of this, but I'm not a goalie coach so what do I really know anyways. I actually feel like he is the best of the three in terms of the post play, though. All in all, he definitely deserves a spot in the top 3.
    4. @Danger-Rally
    I don't even know if Rally still plays on PS4 anymore, but in any case, I'll act like he does. He's the only other goalie that comes to mind in terms of the top goalies on PS4. Once upon a time, Rally was unbelievable (back in NHL 13 and 14), definitely the best stretch of goaltending I've ever seen, but this year he certainly took a step back. His puck-playing antics early this year did get annoying, but they're fond memories. He still has the capability to make big saves, when he's actually sitting at his TV playing. In all honesty, I think if Rally did focus every game like he used to then he could potentially be the #1 goalie again, but I don't see that happening.
    5. @V1P3R2106
    I don't even know if Viper likes to play goalie, but I pretty much don't know any other goalies besides the four above. We were playing club the other night and Viper probably put together the best goalie performance I've seen all year, so I'll put him at #5. This isn't really a knock on other goalies by the way, I honestly just haven't even really seen a lot of you play or don't remember.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    CCPiper
  7. Dashiki B

Dashiki B Da Bomb Brothers

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    One mention of havok. No mentions of kopitar, Devin mention twice. LOL.

8. HobO0nurporch

HobO0nurporch Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hobooo#0
    Ratings:
    +810 / 89 / -75
    yea let these nerds have their moments while we dominate on the more meaningful league.
    Devin is better than all of these guys at any position and Trevor is the best C and they rarely got mentioned LOL

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    miT_
  9. sam11stern

Ratings:
    +277 / 102 / -71
    They've played a collection of 6 club games here why would anyone really add them. You guys have a list for your xboxers where some ps guys made it and it's the same here. Go away, you're ugly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Ryan_x_28

Ryan_x_28 Warning Group

Discord:
    ryan_x_28#6675
    Ratings:
    +800 / 30 / -71
    Wheres JClaus33 and Kraz18 at? both easily top 5 in their positions.

ryan_x_28
  11. Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +582 / 45 / -95
    You're both bad.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. sam11stern

Ratings:
    +277 / 102 / -71
    They're good af I like you're club. But honestly I'd say you guys haven't been around long enough for anyone to add to their lists. These guys have all been around and playing 6s since NHL 09. No reason why you wouldn't work your ways to the top ten. I actually meant to add you to the goalies cause 5th was a toss up for me and you're good.

No Streaming Account
  13. LaPlante94

LaPlante94 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Surprised killerrampage hasn't made it onto anyones top goalies list.

No Streaming Account
  14. Ryan_x_28

Ryan_x_28 Warning Group

Discord:
    ryan_x_28#6675
    Ratings:
    +800 / 30 / -71
    understandable, half of the guys on our team hardly played club before this year. Seeing NHL 15 sucked on the ps4.

• Like Like x 1
    ryan_x_28
  15. jdheagle

jdheagle Kiss The Rings

Ratings:
    +971 / 81 / -219
    didn't know devin, havok, and kopitar were originally from playstation... mb

• Like Like x 2
    jdheagle
  16. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    that's not entirely true, I've been playing club since NHL 12. It's ok though, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and that's fine

JClaus33
  17. Ryan_x_28

Ryan_x_28 Warning Group

Discord:
    ryan_x_28#6675
    Ratings:
    +800 / 30 / -71
    I said half.

ryan_x_28
  18. sam11stern

Ratings:
    +277 / 102 / -71
    Club and 6s are different though. None of us really play less than 6v6 so if you weren't consistently playing 6s we'd never see you.

No Streaming Account
  19. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I only play 6's, I just never played in leagues before Pro Series. I've always been a HUT player 1st, so I'm not going to be offended if people don't include me on here right now. Like I said, everyone is going to have their own opinions

JClaus33
  20. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    "2. Woytkiw8 aka Tis Woy Woy (Best COD player on either console in the nhl community, needed to be said... He plays great defensively, knows how to score, and is confident when he has the puck. My favorite LD to play with when AJ is playing with the elites on xbox. Sounds black, but is really white np)"

LOL, vanilla ice

• Creative Creative x 1
    Woytkiw8