Iinteresting way to shuffle the teams...

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Guest, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Iinteresting way to

One way we could go is if anyone below you in the standing wants your team they can take it. If they decide to take you have to trade them teams.

That way ur only stuck with a team you dont want for one season.

just an idea

Or you could even do a coin flip if they try to take ur team do something like a coin flip.

2. dvdguy

dvdguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want your team.

No Streaming Account
  3. Ted Danson

Ted Danson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want your team.

No Streaming Account
  4. dvdguy

dvdguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well you're welcome to them... enjoy slow-ass players and receivers who don't have fingers.

No Streaming Account
  5. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll keep my team thank you! :)

No Streaming Account
  6. Raptor710

Raptor710 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The team selection for season 2 will be handled like the hockey league. where each league member will list their 5 favorite choices and then the teams will be assigned from their.

No Streaming Account
  7. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Best way to do it probably but get ready for a full PM box.... :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  8. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like the good 'ol boy system. Too bad there can't be a more verifiable and equitable way to select teams.

No Streaming Account
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Raptor, Who gets first pick?

DvD guy

anytime you wanna play the jags Ill take the browns and smoke ur ass. :)

10. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but you simply can not make everyone happy and it does keep only the truely interested people in being in the league around, and seems to weed out the ones that will "only" play with a certain team. I mean, someone has to take the Arizona's, Bengal's and Lion's, and any other way just leads to more discontent and drop outs. With the way we did it in hockey, you don't see anyone leaving because they got "stuck" with a crappy team. They're just all happy to be involved in a fantastic league.

If people don't like the settings, teams, etc.. they'll be free to leave of course, and there will be plenty of people begging to take their spot.

No Streaming Account
  11. cocoman

cocoman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IMO the only way to balance the league is to have a draft. The owner with the worst record picks first, finishing up with the Superbowl winner picking last. This is how we see who is the best of the best. I think with season one behind us we see who the bad, good and excellent players are. I can't see the playing field being fair any other way, of course the new owners to the league would get last choice and then the following season we see where they fit in.

No Streaming Account
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats all good but I think the two teams that make the superbowl should get to keep their teams as a reward. Unless they want to trade them for a diff team. I happy to keep thing just as they are.

13. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This just rewards incompetitence and tanking.

Like I said, there's no way to make everyone happy, so most likely Raptor and Indigo will do Season 2 like I've done my hockey league.

No Streaming Account
  14. Raptor710

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah if we adopt that method we will see more teams with no chance of making the playoffs throwing games so they can pick a better team for the next season.

No Streaming Account
  15. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why can't great play be rewarded? The playoff teams pick first and then others pick based on records. It's called natural selection. Players that do well get to pick before players that struggled. For example, look at cocoman. He had a lackluster team and made the playoffs. He should get a higher pick than someone who had an excellent team and had a losing record such as the Eagles. I don't see why some criteria can't be developed and published here other than the pick 5 teams and we'll see what you get. Superbowl champ picks first followed by Super Bowl loser, so on and so forth. Season 1 players get preference over new players in Season 2. If for example there are only 21 players that return for season 2 that means someone like DVD Guy gets to pick before someone who has never played here even with his 0-16 record. I guarantee he gets another team besides the Browns. By the same token someone who had a strong team and struggled gets shuffled down the draft list again based on season performance. There were a lot of players that did well with less than average teams. It only seems fair to reward them based on their records. If you're team is gone by the time you pick I guess you should have played better. If someone were to pick ahead of me and took the Titans I would not freak out and quit like people here imply others would do. I would just pick another team. It puts a little more of an emphasis on each game no matter if players are eliminated from the playoffs or not. They'd know they were always playing for something which in this case would be a higher spot on the draft list. That seems awfully simple to me. I think you'd be suprised what teams some of the top players would pick.

No Streaming Account
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like that Idea Dar

I like that Idea Darthor

Then again I dont care that much I had the jags and won 5 of the 7 I played I think

17. Raptor710

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Darthor we have already thought about that idea and that is part of the stuff we will be looking at when we assign the teams along with where they active on the site, did they get their games played on time. Your idea is basicly what we will be doing but instead of having one person pick a team then waitng around for the next person to pick we are just having everyone pick their top 5 picks so we can do the team assignments in one sitting.

No Streaming Account
  18. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Darthor you have been heard, there is no reason to keep arguing. The way that is used is a tried and true way and has created a very wonderful NHL league. I didn't get into the NHL league until a couple seasons had went by but it is a very enjoyable season even though I am not even close to being the greatest at the game. I have thought about setting a season out after some long losing streaks but then I think about how long it would take to get back in and I quickly change my mind. So far the only problem with NFL was the lack of experience among players. I'm sure that next season will look a lot different in the rankings. After a few seasons are done with the NFL then it will really start to pan out on how good the team selection process really is. Not everyone is going to be happy all the time and one change could make 20 people mad as to were another change may only make 2 people mad. It is all about making it enjoyable for the most that can enjoy it. There is no one saying you have to signup for season 2, only signup if you really want to participate.

No Streaming Account
  19. BOOM1

BOOM1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And this will also insure that the "good 'ol boys" get their team, right? This way just means that certain teams will never be available! What mekes it so hard to make people happy is that there isn't any set guidelines on how teams are assigned! You say post your top 5 picks, but who gets first pick, YOU? It really isn't fair to go by who post first because that would have to be a commish! Does last seasons records or participation mean NOTHING! I think a live draft would be cool! Set up a draft order by 1) Last seasons finishing order, 2) In order of sign ups for the new guys. Then let everyone post in order who their pick is! :wink:

No Streaming Account
  20. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Commishes always get first dibs...get used to it thats how it is in every league. Also the team selection processes here are VERY fair. I have been handed the team i wanted in every league I have played in here (except in season 2 of nhl when tris10 didnt want me to have the stars because he knew he would lose :)). This could just be because I don't always want the Lakers, Bucanneers, Devils, etc.. though. I personally find the idea of a draft interesting but as they say "if it aint broke dont fix it".

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.