Top 5 at each position

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by JClaus33, Nov 15, 2016.

1. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    After @Rehanek posted the top 3 favorite players to play with, I thought it was about time for a new top 5 thread, as I think it's been quite a while since the last one (April to be exact, see here; http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/top-5-players-at-each-position.234225/ )

Now with that being said, this is my opinion through Club games, Pro Series, and LG at who the top 5 players at each position are. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I'm bound to miss a couple people who are good enough to be here, and also keep in mind I didn't play in leagues until last year, so the people who were sick in NHL 12 aren't really relevant to my list, this is more based on this year and last year, so sorry ahead of time to anyone who feels slighted.

My top 5:

LW:
    1) @Class_Act_27
    One of the more annoying people to play against, and one of the few people who has successfully rattled me about NHL, he is a threat to score every time he touches the puck, and also one of the few people that I actually make a point to always try and play help defense as the C, so he can't abuse my RD's 1 on 1.

2) @DDW4
    Devin is a nice fellow, and is one of the few people that can take a game over by himself. He also plays LD and C, and is one of the best at those positions as well. Not many are dominant across multiple positions, but Devin is, and he is a fun player to watch.

3) @Tcx7
    The top point getter in LGHL PSN history, Rico as he is more commonly known is one of if not the best scorer from his position, I have not played much against him, but he, along with @Wallywallabee and @l Blitzkrieg l combine to form one of the most formidable lines the league has seen. These 3 are almost always together, so it's a bit harder to speak to their individual skill but they are not some of the top scorers in the league each season by accident.

4) @jdheagle-
    JD is kind of a weird dude sometimes, and we've only played together a few times, but I have played against him a lot. Similarly to the other LW's on this list, JD is capable of offensively taking a game over, but is also quite good defensively as well. He's a nuisance to play against every time we go against each other, and has tie ups covered every single face-off which I think is awesome. Overall a very good, and very versatile player, JD no doubt belongs in the top 5 LW list.

5) @ryno--7
    I know Ryno has been around a while, and kind of flies under the radar, but he is my absolute favorite LW to play with, and we've clubbed together since NHL 13. He plays a style like a bull in a china shop, just bullying his way around, and opening up space for others. He is also very good at playing a secondary role and just finding open space to get passes, and on top of that backchecks like crazy. I really, really enjoy playing with him, and there's no doubt to me that he belongs in the top 5.

HM's here to @VEXEloQuence @Bizzy313 @MattTheCoolCat @Theos_l7l (I really don't know if you're a LW or RW but I think you deserve at least an HM in both spots) @eastons17

C:
    I'll exclude myself from these rankings, numbers wise, but I'm sure I'll find a way to talk about myself in here somehow. (I struggled a bit with these rankings, so I consulted @CCPiper for a couple of these guys, so keep that in mind as well.)

1) @CCPiper
    The top defensive center in the game, Cody and I play different styles, but he facilitates a game extremely well, and is very very good on face-offs and defensively. He clogs passing lanes, and plays a very simple style but is so smart about how he plays that he doesn't really need to do anything fancy. Not to mention he racks up points like not many centers do, having excluded myself, I don't believe there to be a center better than Piper over the course of the last 2 years.

2) @Str8Syko__
    I didn't know whether to put him here or on defense, but Piper recommended I put him at C, and there is a lack of depth at the top of the position in my opinion, so Pinder belongs here. I have played with him where I was C and he played LW, and had games where he's been C and I play RW or somewhere else, and he is one the most puck dominant players I've ever played with. He tries to hero it a bit too much at times, but when you're capable of going 1v5 at any point it's understandable. He reminds me of Ryno in that he bullies his way around the ice, and is very good at doing it. On top of that, he's a nice dude too and I enjoy talking to him. Very very good player all around.

3) @xAyohh
    I don't know too much about him and haven't played him much, but the games I remember he's always been solid, and Piper thought very highly of him as well. Managed to be great on a mess of a Kings team last season, and is off to a very very good start with a STL team that has been up and down so far in LG this season. Overall a very highly thought of player in a position where there isn't a lot of high end depth.

4) @XxJusT4TheShoWxX
    Someone who usually slips through the cracks in the mind of LG'ers like most Frenchies, Just4 is a very good player in his own right and leads TFS down the middle. Not a ton to say about him but he is a very good player and always tough to go against.

5) @dankchank
    Another guy who doesn't get talked about a ton, Dank is a good defensive C who moves the puck quickly, and while he doesn't carry the puck as well as other top C's, he facilitates the offense and fits in very well with other good players. It's no accident he's been the C for a SLH team that has been around the top of the leaderboards the last few years.

HM's to @LaPlante94 @RWatson19 @l Blitzkrieg l @ChyzNasty I had a tough time deciding here, as I felt there was a bit of a drop off, and a few of these spots could be interchanged.

RW:

1) @Kraz18
    For me, easily the top RW in the game, I've played with lots of good players over the last 2 years, but no forward that I've played with has been better than Kraz. Personally speaking, we play exceptionally well together, and his forechecking, along with the quick shifts he use to get by d men are unmatched across the league. I've watched him victimize many "top" d men time and time again, and he doesn't get much recognition since we played together most of the time, but now on his own people are starting to recognize how sick he is.

2) @B-Bunny
    I watched him the other day almost single handedly ruin my LD's career in our game vs Edm. I've played against him many times and he usually finds a way to make a signature play happen. Doesn't necessarily do anything too crazy, but he is an exceptional player.

3) @jeff0012
    Having played against Jeff myself many times over the last 2 seasons, it is an easy choice to have him in this spot. Lots of people consider him to be the best at deking in this game, and one of the best in a 1 on 1 situation vs a d man. I might even consider ranking him 2nd if he ever responded to me and I could get him in a pro series game.

4) @Kush-Demon_QC
    Maybe a bit off the board here, but Kush-Demon for me is one of the most fun people to play with, he almost overpasses, but I love how he moves the puck, and in the games we've played together we always flowed really well. When we play against him, he's always a danger with the puck, and can score from almost anywhere on the ice. Also, I have an appreciation for the ex-HUT guys that have made the switch and are great 6v6 players also.

5) @frostx17 (Get well soon)
    Doesn't always get the most love from the community, in terms of "top" players, but he's someone that always plays us close, whether he's doing it at C or RW, always a great player. Does a great job creating space for himself and his teammates, and is one of the better distributors I've played against. This spot could've gone to a few people, but from my experience mostly in club, he was one of the guys who always seemed to give us fits.

HM's here to: @Fool x 90 @Hriiz @MORASH_41 @Shotl72l (lol jk)

LD:

1) @schroyer69

The LD spot looks a bit different than it did about 9 months ago, but Schroyer has to take the top LD spot after sweeping the awards from LD last season, he is our #1 LD for pro series and most people would probably have him #1. He creates offense from LD like not many do, and is good enough to recover when he screws up. Defensively he doesn't get beat 1 on 1 much, and when he does, like I said he can usually recover. There are lots of good d men, but as of now, it's hard to say Schroyer isn't #1.

2) @LiquiFy-SzTar

He along with Pinder and Skillz combine to make Jam's d core really obnoxious to play against. Kev likes the puck on his stick and is a good scorer from the back end. That combined with being super annoying defensively makes him my #2 LD.

3) @bievsea

Maybe a bit off the board here, but I've played against him a few times and he just annoys me. I guess that's a good thing for a d man, but he's very good at taking away time and space, and is pretty under-appreciated in my opinion. Could've gone a few different ways here, but I think bievsea is quite deserving.

4) @v Sloshy

Like Schroyer, sloshy is playing C this season in LG, but also still plays LD and the common theme for me in these rankings seem to be guys that are just obnoxious to play against. They make life difficult for a forward and Sloshy fits the bill in the games that I have played against him. I respect his game a lot and I think he deserves a spot here.

5) @Desjy99

In my opinion, the best contract in the league, until he leaves Chicago to go in bidding next season anyways, Desjy is someone I really enjoy playing with. One of the best defensive d men in the game, he almost never gets beat, and is almost always in good position to cover when his teammates screw up around him. Sometimes holds the puck too long, but that's the case with a lot of top d men, and I have no problem putting him here. He almost never gets talked about, and for me he's a very tough guy to play against, but also super fun to play with.

HM's here to @P t P 10 @soccaplaya11 @stay_at_homed @snipefest1122 @Mxster-77 @Shawntheboss_1 (rip)

RD:

1) @SkillzPayBills3

Probably the easiest choice amongst the position rankings, for me Skillz is the best d man in the game. The only guy I ever groan about matching up against when we have to go head to head, he closes out so quickly you almost never have time to make a move vs him. He slipped a bit without the stick lift (like everyone else) but now that it's back he's pretty much back at the same level he was last year. He will be the #1 pick in the next draft and there's no question he deserves it. Can walk through an opposing defense like almost nobody else from the back end, he's just unquestionably the #1 RD in the game.

2) @zdball

My favorite frenchie, ZD absolutely murders people every single game we play. He makes a sick breakout pass almost every time, and he doesn't give LW's any space to work with. It's only a matter of time in my opinion before he gets recognized league wide as a sick d man. He has been on a team that's been very up and down in LG, but he does his job as well as anyone in the game.

3) @KneesX

Knees, Schroyer, and Ball along with PTP combine to make an unreal d core for us in pro series, and Knees is anything but a passenger when he slots in. He moves the puck quickly, gets pucks through on net, and although he plays a differing style from ZD, they're both extremely effective at what they do. I always enjoy playing with him, and always find myself frustrated playing against him, because even if I know what he's trying to do, he still manages to do it.

4) @Trio_Bigmac-

For me, the QC guys dominate the RD spots for whatever reason, Trio when he isn't lagging is one of the best defensemen I have played both with and against. Like Knees he plays kind of a quiet style, but he can take the puck end to end and creates chances for his team no matter who he is with. Defensively he's as sound as they come, and I thoroughly enjoy watching him do what he does.

5) @NH4JP

Undefeated in regulation last season, I'm proud to have given JP his first regulation loss in over a season, but that being said, he didn't get a record like that on accident, and he is obnoxious to play against. Send 2 forecheckers after him and he'll manage to avoid their pokes or stick lifts until the last possible second and then moves the puck like nobody is there, sit back and he'll weave right through your defense. Very very annoying to play against, but in a good way. JP for me is one of 4 frenchies that belong in this top 5.

HM's here to @Xx-INGLIS-xX @Breezy5457 @Hardik88 @marino swag

I can't speak much to the specifics on goalie because I don't play the position much at all, but I can recognize who is good, G will probably have the least detail of the 6 positions, I'll let someone a bit more knowlegdeable of the position go further in depth if they please.

G:

1) @KingKonz-

Everyone knows Konz is great, he lets in a weird one from time to time, but I doubt anyone would dispute Konz as the #1 G at this point. I could say more but I tell him every day in our PS chat how awesome he is.

2) @Kerns

He trolls a lot and I know his Jam teammates haven't taken too kindly to it, but he is a sick G and is one of the best on breakaways. I can't say much more than that other than he is annoying to face because he makes saves he shouldn't.

3) @lx JoneZ xl

Yes he quit LG, but he is in pro series still and was in LG last season too so I'm including him. One of the only people I've ever seen absolutely steal games from the G spot, if he were more established he might be considered the best G on PS4. Like Skillz at RD, Jonez is one of the only G's I've ever groaned about having to face because he has the ability to win games by himself.

4) @jonlol

Very well thought of in the community, Jon is a top goalie and he could tell you more about why he's so good than I could. He plays a bit of a different style than most goalies and reads plays exceptionally well. Just look at his self-created advanced goalie stats that show he is the best and it's easy to see why he belongs here.

5) @SCHN3ID3RR-24

I've watched Schneider be absolutely sick in net for 2 years and not get any credit for it. He was a top 5 G last season in LG, and Chicago shipped him out anyways. Now on Anaheim he has absolutely gone off, and is the easy favorite for the Vezina at the halfway point. For me he belongs in the top 5.

HM's here go to @V1P3R2106 @xCr0sbyXx87 @Biglambers @Bbrawler84 @fanofbilickihair, and @Ryan_x_28 (he's not a top 10 goalie but he is the best breakaway goalie I've ever seen. Stops easily 70% of breakaways, I don't get it honestly)

So that concludes my top 5 list, I tried to give detail on why I thought each person belonged where I put them, and I'm sure I missed some people that should be there. If I left you out, I'm sorry and it was nothing personal. This was just my honest opinion, and hopefully it gets some discussion going. Feel free to put your own lists together to compare to mine, if you think mine was wrong.

Hope everyone enjoyed this, now discuss!!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 19
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    JClaus33
  2. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    FU

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Serpe_x_13x
  3. l Blitzkrieg l

l Blitzkrieg l Rico=Melo of LG

Ratings:
    +561 / 7 / -14
    Thanks for the kind words homie!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Rehanek

Rehanek EASHL Historian

Ratings:
    +1,705 / 229 / -262
    So you didn't include Xbox people I assume?

• Like x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
    RehanekYT
  5. zdball

zdball Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 2 / -13
    Thanks Claus

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    :( can i get an HM to the HM

• Funny Funny x 2
    eZDangles
  7. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I did not include people from your PS team because I think I've played a grand total of 1 game against any people on the roster besides Jonez, so I didnt trust that I could give an accurate rating for anyone. I should've put a note because I know you guys are sick

• Like Like x 1
    JClaus33
  8. Rehanek

Rehanek EASHL Historian

Ratings:
    +1,705 / 229 / -262
    Fair enough

RehanekYT
  9. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Also, I left out HM's for the 2 winger spots and have added those

JClaus33
  10. Mooner2019

Mooner2019 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mooner2019#0
    Ratings:
    +119 / 3 / -8
    No Streaming Account
  11. jdheagle

jdheagle Kiss The Rings

Ratings:
    +971 / 81 / -219
    My well thought out TOP 5!

LW:
    1. @Yung Jaq
    2. @Yung Jaq
    3. @Yung Jaq
    4. @Yung Jaq
    5. @Yung Jaq

C:
    1. @Yung Jaq
    2. @Yung Jaq
    3. @Yung Jaq
    4. @Yung Jaq
    5. @Yung Jaq

RW:
    1. @Yung Jaq
    2. @Yung Jaq
    3. @Yung Jaq
    4. @Yung Jaq
    5. @Yung Jaq

LD:
    1. @Nuge
    Nobody else in the convo

RD:
    1. @Yung Jaq
    2. @Yung Jaq
    3. @Yung Jaq
    4. @Yung Jaq
    5. @Yung Jaq

G:
    1. @Yung Jaq (Creams)
    2. @Yung Jaq (Creams)
    3. @Yung Jaq (Creams)
    4. @Yung Jaq (Creams)
    5. @Yung Jaq (Creams)

I'm sorry if I missed anyone, couldn't fit everybody.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    jdheagle
  12. Mooner2019

Mooner2019 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mooner2019#0
    Ratings:
    +119 / 3 / -8
    No Streaming Account
  13. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    My reasoning is so small you might as well put me in the G column

Woytkiw8
  14. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I had to take a break after yours, the quality was starting to slip, so I went to get some food and came back to it. That's why after yours it picks back up. Also, there isn't a ton to say, unless you want me to quote you in saying that you get to be a cancer that can't be traded because your contract is so much. You're just good at everything and it's annoying

JClaus33
  15. zeffster

zeffster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 18 / -16
    K thz

Dbigs40
  16. jdheagle

jdheagle Kiss The Rings

Ratings:
    +971 / 81 / -219
    Get fucking called out, cancer

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    jdheagle
  17. Boss77x_o

Boss77x_o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 3 / -6
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan and
    Dylan

boss77x_o
  18. JoPz-95

JoPz-95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 4 / -8
    Lw: @LiquiFy-SzTar
    C: @Guesswho_19
    Rw:mad:JOPz
    Ld:mad:Prototypex85
    Rd:mad:idizmal
    G:mad:somerandomotpplayer

Alternate Line

Lw: @LiquiFy-SzTar
    C: CPU
    Rw: @JOPz
    Ld: CPU
    Rd: CPU
    G: CPU

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    Once a cancer always a cancer

Woytkiw8
  20. Goosechuk

Goosechuk Self Proclaimed LGHL PSN Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +851 / 25 / -26
    I think you forgot to mention you were leaving me out of the Top 5 LD spot in order to give others the spotlight.. no biggie either way.

• Like Like x 3
    goosechuk