Top 5 at each position

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by JClaus33, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Konzy--

Konzy-- 1 Aye

Discord:
    Konzy#4934
    Ratings:
    +899 / 28 / -44
    1) @schroyer69

The LD spot looks a bit different than it did about 9 months ago, but Schroyer has to take the top LD spot after sweeping the awards from LD last season, he is our #1 LD for pro series and most people would probably have him #1. He creates offense from LD like not many do, and is good enough to recover when he screws up. Defensively he doesn't get beat 1 on 1 much, and when he does, like I said he can usually recover. There are lots of good d men, but as of now, it's hard to say Schroyer isn't #1.

hm.

konzzzy
  2. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    Sounds about right, thats why hes on my OVERRATED list. attaboy claus.

No Streaming Account
  3. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    You might make the list for top 5 Calgary d men, idk for sure though

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    JClaus33
  4. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    Games been out for 2 months and this thread exists already. Game's dead.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    eashlgoalie
  5. Bazlund

Bazlund Hey

Discord:
    bazlund#0
    Ratings:
    +952 / 50 / -52
    snubbed

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    bazlund
  6. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Thx for the words Claus but I barely play this broken game. Between game discs, west coast delay and fat man delay I rage more often than play decent. Top 50 rd maybe but top 5 is too much.

No Streaming Account
  7. Yata08

Yata08 Turtle

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -1
    Lw: Ovan245

C : Boss77

Rw: H91

Ld: Whl

Rd: Ak_Qc

G: SpiderM

Dream team!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Konzy--

Konzy-- 1 Aye

Discord:
    Konzy#4934
    Ratings:
    +899 / 28 / -44

Who the fuck are they?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    konzzzy
  9. jdheagle

jdheagle Kiss The Rings

Ratings:
    +971 / 81 / -219
    My boi Whl is sick, maybe, idk..

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    jdheagle
  10. bjackedson

bjackedson The Great BJ

Ratings:
    +241 / 22 / -18
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    Since this thread kind of died with like, no actual top 5 list replies. I figured I'd throw one in. Don't look in to the order too much, and try not to rip on me. This is pretty much going to be an extended version of my people i like to play with post.

LW:

@jdheagle- : One of, if not the best two-way lw's in the game. Playing D with him is so easy, and he loves to use his D whether it be on the breakout or in the ozone, he's got great vision all over the ice. Add his great puck control, elite 1t's, and clutch scoring sense and he's an easy choice for anyone's top list.

@Class_Act_27 : Doesn't play a whole lot, but the absolute one thing I've noticed from class is that he has always been the best skater in the game. The way he moves looks completely different from every other player, almost as if he isn't controlling a character but actually in the game himself? Idk, he just has full control and it's weird. His cuts, his stops/starts, all of it is just on another level. Not to mention his short side clapper finesse and unreal chemistry with piper, he's just a beaut.

C:

@CCPiper : The best and smartest C in the game. Not much else to say than that he's always in near perfect position for everything. Whether it be defensively, on the breakout, in the ozone, whatever. He also has quick reflexes in that he can take a bad suicide breakout pass and turn it in to something positive. He is by far the easiest C to play D for and that's why he's my #1.

@LaPlante94 : Laplante is fairly underrated by many. Even I didn't think he was that great when I first got him in vg s10 lol. He doesn't stick handle much, but has great puck control and vision. He is also the best deflecting C in the game imo, and can shred through teams defense when he wants, looking casual af doing it because he won't actually dangle any of them. My only ever issue with him was that he likes to forecheck a bit too much as C, but when you explicitly tell him to "stay back and watch the middle" as we would in playoffs...he turns into a beast of a man.

@dankchank : I haven't played with dank too long, but he plays a very basic C style, and plays it superbly well. He never has the puck on his stick too long, is always looking to pass, and usually makes very good passing decisions. The only downside to him is that his hands and such might not be that great. He prob won't take over a game for you, but surround him with good players and that's a gg.

@JClaus33 : I know many consider Josh the goat (yes, I called you Josh), but I haven't ever played with him and rarely played against him to really evaluate. He is mostly here on reputation, though I have seen him split D right up the middle plenty of times. He is probably the best offensively out of the C's on this list, but his reputation of "Oh, were playing jclaus? Just pass in the slot, it'll always be open" hurts him here hah.

RW:

@B-Bunny
    : Playing with Jordan as an ld is a blast, because he is pretty much always ready to give you that perfect rw to ld 1t from the corner. Much like jd, he's always got his eyes on the D and is great at moving the puck in the ozone. He is also underrated defensively. The one thing about Jordan that sets him apart imo is that he likes to shoot, and is good at it. This is rare now'a'days as most people look for that perfect play, but every once in a while you'll see him just cut high slot and snip one top cheese. Ezpz. But ye, he's mostly my #1 because I get the most chances playing with him :p.

@Kush-Demon_QC : I haven't played with kush much, but when I have it was a blast. He's got great vision, and slick af hands. He's mostly here because of how it is to play against him. I almost feel like I can't poke check because it's a guaranteed penalty the way he moves his hands. How is he defensively? Honestly, I don't know, but he is a juggernaut on offense.

LD:

@P t P 10 : MATTAO! Guy is a stud defensively, and has the hardest clapper in the game hands down. While other D throw turds on net for tips, he legit just claps it top corner. Playing D with him is probably the most enjoyable for me because he sees the breakout the same way I do, and hence we make some nice D to D passes and get those ez entries. Just the goat honestly.

@schroyer69 : Schroydaddy. My ninja, nhl17 beta Nudes #1 LD/LW combo. That's all that really needs to be said.

RD:

@SkillzPayBills3
    : The best one on one dman in the game, shuts pretty much everyone down with ease. He does some odd and risky shiz that confuses me, but from the rd position he makes everyone on the team better, which is rare. He also loves to straight line, but has calmed down quite a bit with that as of late. If a breakout is in shambles, you can always count on skillz to just bust through the trap solo dolo like a boss and give a weird manny sauce fail to no1.

@JaySpies : Played with him a bunch in vg. Plays similarly to me and has an elite party chat presence. It was pretty much just him and I talking to ourselves all season. Sometimes he gets too hungry and he just loves to eat, so he turns into the most obvious offensive dman to the point where he is legit just a fwrd. It's all good tho, he's a beast, love playing with him, highfives all around.

BEST UTILITY PLAYERS
    @GwalIla : He's my favourite to play with at any position, while I play any position. That's rare to find, and we have some pretty slick chemistry. He's one of the best rw's to play with and to guard against because i know he's always trying to mangle me. He's also one of the best offensive D, and is also a rock defensively. Can even play a mean C if you don't mind 0 faceoff wins, and is a solid goalie. Also has the best party chat presence which makes everyone play better and have a good time playing, which is hard on this game.

@DDW4 : We developed a nice little bond over the course of the game imo. He's sick at all positions, and is fun to play with at any position. He also has a great party chat presence and it's always a blast playing with him. Add @GwalIla in the party too and it's a gg.

@Str8Syko__ : Can play any position any hand at an elite level. Has some unreal puck control but much like claus said, he tried to god mode it sometimes too often. I know the feels tho.

THE END
    I got lazy near the end (I'm at work), and it wasn't really a top 5, and I probably missed a bunch of people, but this was what came to my head when I took into account playing with and against them. Goalies are pretty much the same for everyone so I didn't bother. Thanks for reading homies.​

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Woytkiw8
  12. JoPz-95

JoPz-95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 4 / -8
    What you mean, 10000000% face off percentage I'm GOAT

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
  14. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    nuge fix ur game

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    please settle down

Sloshy97
  16. P t P 10

P t P 10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +629 / 84 / -81
    @P t P 10 : MATTAO! Guy is a stud defensively, and has the hardest clapper in the game hands down. While other D throw turds on net for tips, he legit just claps it top corner. Playing D with him is probably the most enjoyable for me because he sees the breakout the same way I do, and hence we make some nice D to D passes and get those ez entries. Just the goat honestly.

@LiquiFy-SzTar Wow! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    ptp_prot3ction
  17. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    :flames:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. canuckftc12W

canuckftc12W Well-Known Member

Discord:
    canuckftc12W#5025
    Ratings:
    +605 / 29 / -68
    Hi, thought I'd post a list too to keep this thread alive, I can write a lot of stuff for some guys and barely any for others so I'll keep it fairly brief for the most part. Also, I haven't really played with some of the top xbox guys that came over which is why I sort of just left a lot of them out.

LW

1. @Class_Act_27
    - Best in the game when it comes to zone entry, makes it look easy with the time and space he seems to create for himself, Best in the game at exploiting small mistakes most people don't see, is also a dominant forechecker and has a very good understanding of where to be along with being a very good finisher.
    2. @jdheagle- - Best defensive player on this list, and is the best forechecker in the game from my experience (was a tough call between him and class) Although he isn't as talented as class when it comes to protecting the puck and general offensive ability, he's still one of the best finishers in the game and is more than capable offensively.
    3. @DDW4 - I've only played a collection of 4 or 5 club games with Devin, but he was definitely a worthy choice for the 3rd spot since PTP isn't a LW anymore. Has very good hockey sense and has the ability to create plays out of nothing with his ridiculous thumbs that allow him to just stick handle through 2 or 3 guys multiple times a game.
    4. @AgentSooksta008 - Although Sook has very good thumbs like the others on this list, what makes him so effective is his passing and his general ability to make quick decisions and move the puck into the right areas, like the 3 above him he once again doesn't really have any weaknesses and is pretty good at everything, he's also brown which automatically makes him a nice lady.
    5. @sam11stern - Sam's biggest asset is his ability to protect and skate with the puck and is the among the best at doing it. Sam is also a very good player defensively and loves to crumble opponents with devastating hits on the forecheck.

HM's: @Kadri-- , @Mesmerize-_- , @jay6219 , @Voltep

C

1. @AJ_Rockers
    - I didn't know if he counted, but I saw him play a few times when the game came out so he's still active enough to count on this list. I haven't ever gotten the chance to play with him unfortunately, however going off of twitch streams and old 7bk videos along with the general consensus of the more elite players, he definitely warrants taking the number 1 spot.
    2. @CCPiper - Pretty much perfect at everything, my favourite C to play with because he's so good with his positioning and as Woy mentioned can make good plays out of seemingly negative situations. Best in the game at predicting what other players will do and is excellent at skating with the puck into the zone and finding the right lanes. His great hockey knowledge and understanding of the game makes him my #1 active center.
    3. @VegaRidge - I've literally only played like 2 or 3 games with him, but that was enough to see how good he is. Has the same sort of high hockey IQ as Cody which is why he's number 3 on my list, he doesn't have the same sort of flashy thumbs most elite players have which maybe limits him in certain situations more that others, which is why he is a step behind the other two in my opinion.
    4. @Str8Syko__ - Has a very good understanding of the mechanics which is what makes him so dominant, similarly to Devin he has those ridiculous thumbs that allow him to plow through 3 or 4 guys multiple times a game.
    5. @dankchank - Dank loves to pass and is very good at it, making it very enjoyable to play with him since he likes getting everyone involved in the play. Dank is also very good defensively and is dominant on the faceoff dot. He doesn't have the sort of flashy thumbs or ability to take over a game that some of the others on the list do, but he makes up for it with his great passing ability and understanding of the center position.

HM's: @RageQuittin , @OohDat-Twiggle_ , @mcfslayer921 , @I-Bone__Crusha-I

RW

Note:
    I decided not to add Crusaders47 since I'm pretty sure he doesn't even own nhl 17 and rarely every played 16 outside of the first few months.

1. @B-Bunny - As JClaus mentioned, he isn't insanely exceptional at any one thing in particular, but he just has a very good understanding of all areas of the game. Although people make fun of his passing ability; he is a great passer from my experience, good defensively, and in general just understands what to do in all situations.
    2. @jeff0012 - Best stride deker in the game by far, people know jeff for his deking and ability on 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 sort of situations, however I also find him to be a great passer which is something everyone always seems to overlook when it comes to jeff.
    3. @gaggan07 - Plays a fairly simple style of hockey and doesn't overthink things. Loves to pass the puck and is good at it, makes all the right cuts and is where he needs to be, great at skating with the puck, and just does his job on the ice.
    4. @iPLaY2WinDaGame_ - This one was sort of an odd one for me to add in since I've never played a game with him, but going off of what I've seen from twitch streams and the times I've played against him he definitely deserves a spot
    5. @GwalIla - We all know he's a real G, but he's also very good at playing virtual hockey. Jopz is pretty much the definition of a well rounded player, he's just good at everything with no real weakness and is super chill along with being easy to play with.

HM's: @RWatson19 , @Pacioretty__67 , @ivegotyour6 , @TurcNasTy_71

LD

1. @P t P 10
    - PTP is a defense first player, but he has the ability to command the puck and create offensive plays when he needs to, his fantastic gap control makes it difficult for forwards to enter the zone, and his patience and vision on the breakout is in my opinion the best in the game.
    2. @LiquiFy-SzTar - Don't think I've played with woy in 17 so far, but judging from what I saw in 16 along with JAM Pro Series streams he definitely deserves the nod. Great at skating with the puck, woy has the best offensive vision in this top 5 and is one of the more dynamic dmen in the game. However this doesn't take away from his defensive ability as he can shut it down when he needs to.
    3. @schroyer69 - A very dynamic dman offensively, schroyer loves getting involved in the play and can play as a 4th forward if his team needs him to, however schroyer is also stable defensively. What I always liked about schroyer aside from his trademarked laugh, is that he never seems to get rattled, even if he makes a turnover that leads to a goal he always seems to be able to rebound and be an effective player.
    4. @v Sloshy - Only played with him on rare occasions so not much to say. Sloshy is a very good dman in the offensive end, passes the puck quick, may pretty much play 4th forward all game but he's good at it. Whenever he does stay back he can shut it down though, his gap control is legit.
    5. @PteCyr - Sort of a drop off from the top 4, but I really couldn't think of anyone and he seemed like a good choice. Cyr is one of the most consistent players in the game, very good defensively, and moves the puck up quickly on the breakout. Doesn't do anything fancy, but he does his job and is one of the more well rounded, stable dmen in the game.

HM's: @Scarcella89-_- , @Desjy99 , @sobo18 , @Xx_THeSKiLLz_xX

RD

1. @SkillzPayBills3
    - The best thumbs among RD and LD, skillz has unparalleled offensive ability, but also has very good thumbs defensively, his pokecheck and sticklift are the most effective in the game.
    2. @Hardik88 - This was a tough one because I've never played with Hardik, however going off of playing against him he's probably the best defensive dman on the list, I know forwards always have an extremely difficult time whenever I play against him, other players also seem to think very highly of him which is why I felt he was deserving of the #2 spot.
    3. @KneesX - Knees is a very well rounded player and can be relied on to make great plays in all situations, great defensively and moves the puck to the right areas on the breakout and offensive zone and can be relied on to make big defensive plays when schroyer is playing 4th forward.
    4. @marino swag - I've only played with him a few times, but he seems to be sort of similar to knees (although they play quite differently) He's just a very well rounded player, good defensively and a quick puck mover on the breakout and offensive zone.
    5. @Xx-INGLIS-xX - Once again only played with him a few times, inglis is one of the best in the game at carrying the puck which makes him hard to forecheck, people seem to give him flack for his passing ability although from my experience he does move the puck when he needs to though sometimes I feel he does hold on to the puck too long.

HM's: @GreatestEver , @Stiivii-66 , @Trio_Bigmac- , @Gotteeeeem24

G

1. @KingKonz-
    2. @Kerns
    3. @jonlol
    4. @V1P3R2106
    5. @jaZz134

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    Itsnucktime
  19. SillySook613

SillySook613 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sillysook613#0
    Ratings:
    +1,096 / 5 / -29
    Anyone who put @Tcx7 and/or Bievsea on their list is going straight to the List of Jericho. Stupid idiots

• Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  20. GreatestEver

GreatestEver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 105 / -106
    Top 5 Best:

LW

1. Uncle James @jdheagle-
    2. PenisToPenis @P t P 10
    3. Class @Class_Act_27
    4. Devin @DDW4
    5. Kev @LiquiFy-SzTar

C

1. Dank @dankchank
    2. Piper @CCPiper
    3. PTP @P t P 10
    4. Claus @JClaus33
    5. Bonjour @XxJusT4TheShoWxX

RW

1. Geoff @jeff0012
    2. Jopz @GwalIla
    3. Fk boi QC @Kush-Demon_QC
    4. Kraz @Kraz18
    5. Frost @frostx17

LD

1. 4'8 Derek Carr @schroyer69
    2. Kev @LiquiFy-SzTar
    3. Skillz @SkillzPayBills3
    4. Sobo @sobo18
    5. Chase(From Zoey 101) @P t P 10

Can't believe Anthony John "Sully" Sullivan left

RD

1. God aka Myself aka Big Dick Jimmy Jyreese Carter lll aka Jyreese Carter lll aka Cody Piper's QB career worst nightmare aka the best thing to ever happen to Playstation aka I'm the Best @GreatestEver
    2. Kneeeeeezus @KneesX
    3. Skillz @SkillzPayBills3
    4. Trio @Trio_Bigmac-
    5. Definitely not Legal or Inglis loooooooooool REKT @Xx-INGLIS-xX @Leg_al

G

1. @GreatestEver
    2. Konz aka Carried by greatest ever @KingKonz-
    3. Jonlooooooooooool(WHEN IS GM CONNECTED COMING BACK) @jonlol
    4. Kerns @Kerns
    5. I Don't Know you tell me

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2