PSN PSN Community League and Site "Wish List"

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG-McDonald, Dec 22, 2016.

1. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    @HurrichaneScoot Quote -- "This league doesn't consider other leagues when making decisions it never has and never will. There's a reason it's the go to site for Xbox and pretty much PS4 now".

I will agree with that @LG McDonald, In my opinion I think having good relations with other leagues is important as well as we should reach out to the other leagues that could be struggling & maybe try to forum some kind of relationship with them & possible not try to close them down but maybe convince & open up the option to them to come over here but start within the CHL level for a Season at least & after that, Work their way up. It would allow for them to think about the move & know that the LG is out there to offer help instead of ignoring them.

That's just to piggy back off what @HurrichaneScoot said.​

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    John_SheIdon
  2. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    This is my first season as management so forgive me if this exists already.

There should be an ownership/management rating system. An anonymous survey should be sent to all members of each team's organization asking for feedback on their owner/GM/AGM for that season. It can be 5-10 simple questions with a rating score of 1-10 asking about the manager's communication, involvement, availability, scheduling, fairness, team culture, attention to TCs, attitude, etc. This survey can be sent out at the end of the season to help the BOGs determine who is a good fit for ownership or GM/AGM moving into the next season. For those applying for the first time, yes, we would have to use the current forum application and interview process, but as you see in the real world, many people can ace an interview and then suck at the job. The feedback rating will be attached to the managers profile for only BOGs or other owners to see when they need to evaluate their management choices. If the idea is well received, it could also be considered for a mid-season evaluation to prevent players from quitting in the 2nd half and have the powers that be step in to appoint new management to salvage the season if feedback is poor.

Again, I apologize if this exists already but I thought it needed to be addressed.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Markz_51
  3. mcanadiens24

mcanadiens24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +201 / 7 / -18
    Agree with @Markz_51 completely. There's not really enough to evaluate management. Sure, you can send in a complaint but when you get a response that the owner is replying to BoGs for example, that's fine and everything but, he/she might not be communicating with their actual team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    mcanadiens24
  4. RaVen_Phantom_

RaVen_Phantom_ RaVen Phantom

Ratings:
    +88 / 28 / -50
    GIF Profile Pictures

I'm starting to get into GIF's. It'll be funny to see some of these peoples GIF's on what they can find or make.

60 CHL Teams

This idea sounds really good. To get rid of the AHL and just have the CHL with all the real 60 teams. Only amateur and veteran players can get called up to the NHL. It should make prospects keep playing in the league to try and get noticed in the NHL.

Having 60 CHL teams will give chances for more people to become managers and play time to people who were on the TC list. As well as a lot of competition to go around to fight for the playoffs. The only problem I have is how would call ups to the NHL work? Since there will be no AHL. How are you going to assign which teams have the rights to the NHL?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    New_Yorks_Elitist
  5. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    To answer your last question, I think they might try and have a developmental league between the CHL and NHL...maybe they could call it the American Hockey League, I dunno though, just a thought

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    JClaus33
  6. RaVen_Phantom_

RaVen_Phantom_ RaVen Phantom

Ratings:
    +88 / 28 / -50
    I can't edit my other post for some reason but I got one more suggestion

Retired Jerseys

People should be remembered on this site if they played at least 5 seasons in either NHL or AHL (must play at least 5 seasons in one league, seasons don't accumulate between leagues. Once they retire, they have the option to retire with the team they felt they were best in. Instead of having the bot choose which team for them based on their stats. Their retired jerseys should appear on the top right along with the team banners of championships that's on the left as well as a link on each leagues of retired jerseys. Having the rule for at least 5 seasons played in either leagues would make some people keep playing on this site if they would want their name to be on a team's page forever.

I made an example of what it could be like on a team's page

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    New_Yorks_Elitist
  7. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19

No....just.....No.

Holy Christ, it's stupid enough a majority of people mistake quitting as retirement.... let's just not go here at all.

• Like Like x 3
    fkncommishlb
  8. Sycesg

Sycesg Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Syce#7297
    Ratings:
    +46 / 3 / -11
    to add to this, the game right now has buggy stats. because there are games where defencemen may have say 4-5 blocked shots but at the end of the game stats it wont show the blocked shots. so they don't get added to the site.

i say this because i have had a few games where during the game it will say i have 4 blocked shots but then on the stats page it will show none. ALSO shots are messed up. there are games where on the game summary it may show for example 17 shots for 1 team but on the player summary if you add up all the shots it may be more or less.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Syceth
  9. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    What about making NCAA division in the future (NHL 18?)? The NCAA would be like the CHL except you would have to play 2 seasons in the league before you can move on to the AHL/NHL. Like Div 1 hockey you would have 4 season to prove yourself to be capable of playing at a higher level or you would have to go though the ECHL (if we ever get there)

TC Rosters would be smaller so players in this league would have to be active and would get more games than being a regular TC. Teams would be allowed X amount of new players a year with that number being increased/decreased depending on how many players leave for a higher level. Games could be schedule on different days than the CHL so you could draw from the crowd of people that are too busy during the week to play games.

Rosters would be locked from day one of the season, so to give people time to evaluate the talent there could be x amount of walk on spots after the first 3 weeks of the season. Basically it's a league where people would get to play instead of sitting on a TC roster waiting to play games.

Just an outline, I'm sure some other people would have some better ideas then what I outlined.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Windmillsfordayz
  10. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    How about we fill the CHL with competent owners then we can progress to other things. Nvm that you want to lock someone into a minors program for the duration of a whole NHL. This sounds awful.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Nybarisny
  11. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    add position (FWD/D/G) next to player stats for any given season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    eZDangles
  12. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Yea it doesn't work. It creates that odd situation for home ice for games four and five as well

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I pride myself on us being the best. By no means do I support disrespect towards other leagues or sites. That isn't my style. But I believe in our systems our league and our community. Those people still on the fence about LG is fine but I want people to make a decision what league is their priority.

After many years of hard work and dedication we have accomplished much here making me believe we are the best for psn as well

• Like Like x 3
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  14. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    ECHL offers something like that but we need to fill out the chl first.

The development committee for both consoles can also be utilized better to offer more playing time while we grow

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. CUMMINS-_-7

CUMMINS-_-7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    I_AM_RIPPERMAGOO#7800
    Ratings:
    +428 / 59 / -39
    Is there any possibility of a schedule change for this season with no thursday games?

@LG McDonald

rippermagootv
  16. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Honestly I can't say at this time.

I think once the finals are over we can look at some scheduling options.

It's very subjective I know personally I'd like to do away with 11 PM games but our west coast community doesn't like that idea

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    @CUMMINSx7 the other thing to consider is site traffic. There is a reason why power rankings are on days when we don't play and free agent Friday is on a day we don't play we are trying to reach out to the most amount of people to check the site daily

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  18. CUMMINS-_-7

Discord:
    I_AM_RIPPERMAGOO#7800
    Ratings:
    +428 / 59 / -39
    Yeah being from the west coast I like the 11s, the 9s are tough.

I think adding a game to sunday or Tuesday would be easier for a majority, logging on for 1 game at 9 (7 or even 6 for some on Thursday) is a bit of a pain.

Also we could maybe add some sort of event to thursday or maybe the lgfa psn could have games thursday sinec currently it's schedule is awful for anyone on the west coast!

@LG McDonald

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    rippermagootv
  19. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    @LG McDonald any news on a roster swap so that the west isn't stacked?

Nybarisny
  20. CUMMINS-_-7

Discord:
    I_AM_RIPPERMAGOO#7800
    Ratings:
    +428 / 59 / -39
    If they put the right owners in place in the east where there's some openings they won't need many if any roster swaps imo.

rippermagootv