PSN PSN Community League and Site "Wish List"

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG-McDonald, Dec 22, 2016.

1. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    I don't disagree with you at all. LG is definitely the best league out there. I don't mean that we should cater to the other leagues, just keep in mind potential scheduling difficulties with players that do play multiple leagues.

I know this one has been brought up a few times. I've mentioned it to @M1keal, myself, that it'd be great if we could move the Sharks assets to his favourite team (Red Wings) so he could effectively take over Detroit without losing what's been built in San Jose.

radapex
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    But thursday is also a day that some may rely on. I know myself If work a 24 Sunday-Mon-Tues and have to teach training on Wed my avail drops drastically. So now if three games are on sun/tues its makes it WAY more difficult
    perhaps but so many can change in the course of a season. No one really expected to see it unbalanced when the selection were made last season either. So we might make a few
    Totally get what you are saying for sure.

My main point is I want others to make LG their primary League. Look at the handful of players removed for quitting LG games to play in another league...

Its only three games a week... I don't see any reason why LG shouldn't be priority.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. M1keal

M1keal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 12 / -3
    How do we enforce it being priority? It's hard to ask owners to report/ban really good players because they show up late when playing multiple leagues. That's hurting your own team. It's even harder to enforce people quitting games for other leagues now that they show offline all the time.

For this league to be the priority, the community needs to feel it. That will take time.

Mikealcl
  4. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    You kinda came full circle on that and I agree

Each season 14 teams don't make playoffs.. that's a good group of owners who could easily enforce removals for those types of players

But you are right. We still have a lot of users that need to drink the "Koolaid" but we are getting there for sure!

LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. RaVen_Phantom_

RaVen_Phantom_ RaVen Phantom

Ratings:
    +88 / 28 / -50
    So answer me this, why does people on Xbox who comes over to PSN automatically are eligible for the NHL? If you think about it, it minimizes people who first joined on the PSN side. I think guys who transfers should start in the CHL like the rest.

It wouldn't be fair to people who played here longer and potentially lose their spot cause of people on a different platform. I mean people on different consoles plays differently, stats cant backup their game style.

Just need an answer to how it all works

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    New_Yorks_Elitist
  6. M1keal

M1keal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 12 / -3
    How does that unbalance the league? Maybe some people are hurt because they had to play more on this system but that doesn't really hurt any teams, or help LG retain members that decided to switch consoles. I don't see how reversing that policy benefits the league at all.

I play on both consoles, I would not be playing LG XB1 if I had to be stuck in the chl with no call up ability unless all my friends wanted to switch consoles.

Mikealcl
  7. RaVen_Phantom_

Ratings:
    +88 / 28 / -50
    I mean it makes people who switches over between consoles have special privileges over people who just have one console. Yeah multiple people are mad about this, but it just doesn't seem fair really

New_Yorks_Elitist
  8. M1keal

M1keal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 12 / -3
    I get what your saying, but from the leagues view this policy increases sign ups in both leagues, which creates new users which they make money on via ads probably. I don't see them losing anyone because of this policy really. They will complain but overall it will cause the site to grow faster, and generate more views.

I think the focus here should be on what we can do to improve the league, and that also means the site overall. I think that rule is growing LG on both consoles. I plan on playing LG full time on both consoles of the structure and because of that it isn't like starting over on xb.

btw, I'm a horrible NHL player imo so this benefits everyone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Mikealcl
  9. RaVen_Phantom_

Ratings:
    +88 / 28 / -50
    Makes sense

New_Yorks_Elitist
  10. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Player status carry between both leagues

It was something both sides wanted during the introduction of the PSN league.

Many people continue to play league for the competitive 6v6 atmosphere. Having some Xbox talent come to PSN only increases that talent pooling making it way more competitive

Special provlegdes for being a dedicated member of LG? All if does it give them access to bidding. They don't get anything different a regular PSN veteran has.

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  11. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    Didn't want to start a new thread or PM for this, so:

@Tris10 @LG McDonald - any timeline on when the draft lottery will happen?

radapex
  12. AcknowledgeMee_

AcknowledgeMee_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    acknowledgemee_#0
    Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -10
    He's saying it's a special privilege because your status shouldn't carry over coming from a different system. Xbox and PS are two different systems and that's how it should be with LG as well. He's also implying that this gets taken away from those guys who sign up and have to work hard to move up from the CHL to get a chance to play in the NHL or AHL, but now get passed upon because Xbox guys are coming over and will get bidded on because of their status. That's not quite fair to those guys who put in their work on one console to get passed up by a person who played on one console and decided to purchase the other. Don't get me wrong I like the growth on the PS side because more competition and that means more leagues for players that are joining LG, but these Xbox guys should start at the bottom of the totem pole as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    acknowledgemee_
  13. I--Cross--I

I--Cross--I Co-Director of Basketball Operations

Discord:
    Cross#0463
    Ratings:
    +243 / 10 / -33
    But it's not a special privilege, If PSN vets wanted to go over to Xbox our status carries over there as well. It works that way for all systems and all leagues. The only "privilege" is having earned your dues on the LG site as a whole. A new user is a new user no matter the league or system. A Vet is a Vet no matter the league or system.

No Streaming Account
  14. AcknowledgeMee_

Discord:
    acknowledgemee_#0
    Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -10
    No matter who switched consoles. You shouldn't have the luxury of having that Status you have on one system brought over to the next, Xbox is Xbox PS is PS. You should have to earn your status just like a new person joining the league. You earned your dues on the site on one system not both systems. That's asinine to say that a person should be rewarded for switching a console.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    acknowledgemee_
  15. I--Cross--I

Discord:
    Cross#0463
    Ratings:
    +243 / 10 / -33
    Its not a reward, they already earned it... that's what I think is being missed. They are being given the status they have already spent the time and effort to earn. Switching consoles doesn't make them a lesser player.

Thats like saying a Japanese baseball player should be forced to start in the minors if he comes to the MLB. If the guy was in the majors in Japan, and is good enough to be in the majors in the US why would you force him to play minor leagues. At that point why would he bother changing leagues?

No Streaming Account
  16. AcknowledgeMee_

Discord:
    acknowledgemee_#0
    Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -10
    That's a terrible and good reference but it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm switching video game console. If I switch from ps to Xbox would I have my achievements and rankings on the games I played? Well I wouldn't think so.

acknowledgemee_
  17. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    i wish... that bad players would GG so they wouldn't cry about xboxers coming over

the league will be more competitive as a whole. NHL to AHL to CHL.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    eZDangles
  18. I--Cross--I

Discord:
    Cross#0463
    Ratings:
    +243 / 10 / -33
    Basically the only reason to complain about that is if you are a player that would be demoted because the player coming in is potentially better than you... So because Sony and Microsoft don't like to share that means a large community of people that love hockey have to be just like them? Like I said, it is the same rule for EVERYONE, so it is not some sort of privilege for only special people... If one day I decide to go buy and Xbox because I find Sony annoying, that doesn't mean my status in this league should change. I have earned my spot and I should get to keep it.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. AcknowledgeMee_

Discord:
    acknowledgemee_#0
    Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -10
    Well I wouldn't be demoted and I'm not worried about no player coming over. I'm saying this for the people who joined and the upcoming prospects that would probably get looked passed because of this. Like I said you've earned your rep on one side not both sides. Look j cross we can go back and forth all day about this and I won't everyone will have different opinions about the whole situation. I'm just standing up for the people who won't speak up about it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    acknowledgemee_
  20. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Normally do it after the finals

LeagueGamingOfficial