Nascar 08?

Discussion in 'Xbox / Xbox 360 Lounge' started by TADMG, Jul 1, 2007.

1. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well from what we're seeing, it looks like they half-assed another game with the demo and retail versions. It should be the standard to have Forza's customization options. You should be able to pick up real sponsors or generic ones and create your own car graphics so you can be Cole Trickle(though I can't imagine anyone wanting to be him) or Jean Garrard(sp?) or even Ricky Bobby with his smokin' hot wife.

No Streaming Account
  2. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yellow flag like ya said, is a small issue.. but the voice isnt a problem at all.. in race settings you can adjust the voice stuff.. voice, always on, lobby only, or off.. problem solved :roll::roll: you would be racing guys you know anyway so all ya have to do is have a private chat..

No Streaming Account
  3. MrXpress

MrXpress Pro interception thrower

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This game is actually growing on me a lot; I still hate the game modes, and online is still a joke, but I really think they nailed the driving model. I don't think even NR2003 quite nailed the feeling of driving a 3400 lb. stock car quite like NASCAR 08. I just did the road course challenges and had a blast (man, that first uphill right at Infineon is TOUGH to get off of).

No Streaming Account
  4. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Yeah but what NR2003 has over every console game is the fact of A)real sponsers & B)you can paint your own car however you want. For the time being I think I'll stick with NR2003 for my Nascar racer. I may give Nascar 08 a rent but just can't see myself buying it.

drummerJ99
  5. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
  6. MrXpress

MrXpress Pro interception thrower

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That was a pretty half-assed review (more of an impression than a review). I agree that the gameplay modes suck, but there wasn't a word about online play and he didn't go into the 'chase' mode after the challenges are done (which led me to believe he didn't care enough to continue on at that point).

EA couldn't really win with this. If they churned out another NASCAR 06, they'd be blasted for making it too arcadey by Sierra/Papyrus fans. So they worked a lot on the driving model to make it more realistic, and everyone is complaining that it's too hard. I don't think the game deserves a 9 or anything, but a 5.0 is too harsh imo. Of course, IGN whined and complained that Forza 2 was too much realism and not enough flair, so they've already proven they lack a clue when it comes to driving simulations.

No Streaming Account
  7. Bartlett89

Bartlett89 LG Veteran

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking of renting this game today but now I have second thoughts after reading that review...lol

No Streaming Account
  8. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    who actually takes ign reviews seriously?

No Streaming Account
  9. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    my thoughts exactly…

drummerJ99