MLB 2k7 Demo Impressions?

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by MR PAPPAGI0RGIO, Feb 26, 2007.

1. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Shea Stadium looked good..... Its called the Parking Lot in Queens..

So far my biggest complaint is that when you are running in the outfield it still feels like your running up a mountain.

I do like the addition to the swing stick, that was one of my biggest complaints last year where you couldnt hit to a certain side of the field.

I will say it does seem very much improved from last year. Although everything I have hit so far has been to the warning to the warning track and Delgado hit a 2 run homer.

Fielding will take a little while to get used to there was a line drive that I thought was going into left field that Reyes tracked down in the infield. Also it seems very difficult to pick up the ball when its hit on the ground and it moves very fast. But these are all things that I think in time we will adjust to.

The pitching is awesome, I love not having the box there. I think it brings an extra challenge when pitching.

Game 1 Mets won 4-2 (I was the mets)
    Game 2 Wagner gives up the big 2 run homer in the 9th (I was the cards).
    St Louis wins 3-2

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    played my first game,
    Gotta say really impressed
    First i like how the infielders react, for example they have a runner on first and my second basemen fielded the ball, i walked over to second and when i got close to 2nd base he started the "tag" and throw position automatically which was really cool, he knew ahead what i was doing

Also i really love the pitching scheme, how the catcher tells you how to pitch the batter. If you look at the right you can see a pitch glowing, thats the pitch the catcher is calling, i also find if you hit the target or get a huge strike, your level for that pitch increases which is awesome. So for example if you have a 62 fastball, if you start hitting your spots and making great pitches with it, you could have it as high as 88 in that game, or that proformance. Really great idea

Grahpics i thought were kinda so-so, But the game play all around seem's so much more polished

3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    For those who wanted to know how to change difficulty you can. Make sure the play has stopped and hit start, then then settings (???) menu will be enabled and you can change all your options and even sliders in there

4. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    mine got stuck at 87% so I cleared the XBOX cache and re-downloaded the demo.

No Streaming Account
  5. Bartlett89

Bartlett89 LG Veteran

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The game seems ok so far, the screens look a hell of alot different then in game...Menu's didn't seem to change at all..but it seems like the gameplay has improved.

No Streaming Account
  6. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure I like the Magnification view ( Pitcher looks too close , outfilders are not proportionate at all )

I HATE how the fielders catch every shot over the wall , I have hit 5 so far only 1 has counted.

I like how the outfielders don't hit the turf like a bag of broken toys when they brush the wall

I like the hitting , very familiar and very easy

The fielding will take some time , but they are getting there

all in all it's a demo , I enjoy it for what it is and look forward to this season Go Tigers :wink:

No Streaming Account
  7. CrackinBacks

CrackinBacks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tris alot of those pitching features were in last years game. Playing in franchise mode is where you could see them, and buying the reports only made the game that much easier to beat in franchise. Last years game, you could set the catcher where you wanted him, and call for a pay off pitch.

I think they improved the game where last years flaws layed, but did nothing new and exiciting to make me say "I have to have this game". I still think that games will be a hit fest of biblical proportions like last years 20+ hits per game marathons. Personally I'm torn on whether this game is worth another 60 bucks....Overall I think it is better than last years, but nothing new like we saw in the NHL games this year, where companies had to innovate and add new gameplay features to compete for gamers money. I remember hearing alot of this when Madden came out and there really wasn't anything new....

No Streaming Account
  8. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Ah thats cool, Goes to show what i know
    I never played a single game off line last year

9. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really like how the catcher calls the game.

No Streaming Account
  10. Boozers

Boozers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah you can also shake him off too which I should try more.

But just to add semi OT from the demo but watching a vid from GameSpot they did a live interview with Ben from MLB2K7 and he confirmed that online you can use the pitching view or batter view when pitching which is really cool.

Adding customization online like that gives this game even more value making us gamers happy.

No Streaming Account
  11. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At least you can skip through the cut scenes while pitching.

When you play in a league, are you forced to use the batting stick?

I keep bunting.

No Streaming Account
  12. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Swing Stick was required last season, and I imagine it will be again this season. I'm glad too because once I got used to it, it was so much better.

I'm happy with the Demo, and hopefully the full version will be more polished.

Can't wait to start league play.

Also, I was worried about the click bunt, but played about 5 games, and never once did I accidentally bunt.

No Streaming Account
  13. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I played about 3 games and never once bunted by mistake either. Im not sure what you guys are doing there.

Another thing i really liked was the pickoff camera, the way you can turn to look at each base is really sweet.

Im also really really digging no batters box when pitching, that is going to make the league much more fun.

No Streaming Account
  14. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wasnt too impressed. I played 2K6 and no doubtingly that was pure crap.

I dont know, the fielding controls feel too loose for me.

Cant judge from 3 innings though. 2K needs to have demos go a wee bit longer (NBA its usually 2 minutes, NHL its usually a 5 min. period, MLB its a couple of innings).

No Streaming Account
  15. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do thing this game gives us what we were asking for, basically improvements in all the things that sucked last year. Graphics are better, not amazing, but much nicer, its so much cooler that you can see the players you know, and they have all their tendancies and stuff, its awesome. I was almost awestruck when I put Cliff Floyd in to pinch hit my first time at the plate and the first batter I used. Not only does it look like cliff, but they got how he wears his uniform with the way his pants are around the shoes, and then I swung and missed, and it just looked like Floyd's swing and miss and his usual style between pitches. I was like, that alone just adds so much to the game.

Hitting feels generally the same, pitching also feels the same and is nice. The fielding will take a few games to get used to, but overall MUCH improved over the garbage from last year. Didn't have any issues baserunning, but did also LOVE that on a base hit, I had enough time to move the runner from first to third, which most of the time in real baseball you can.

As far as wall catches, I had two stolen from me in the 5 or so games I played. But most of the homeruns I hit towered out there and they had NO SHOT to even think about grabbing them. Maybe that'll be a slider as well we can adjust for the league.

All in all, I didn't hate last years game like everyone else, I just hated things about it, but the core Hitting/Pitching I loved, and its back with tons of upgrades to the rest of the game.

No Streaming Account
  16. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yeah the swing stick is easy to get used to IMO.. its actually ALOT better than it was last year.

Boozers was telling me about him bunting alot at first.. i never even bunted by accident.. might just be that some guys controllers are a bit more sensative or worn out r-stick..

i like that when you make a mistake throwing a a wrong base that you cant just fire to the correct one and get the force.. last year you could throw home by mistake and still get the guy at first...

No Streaming Account
  17. Boozers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no I looked around on other sites and forums, and its definetly a problem reagrding the bunting situation as more people have complained about it. Its a problem with the control mechanism as its extra senstive basicly where if you click it by following through trying to swing it will bunt for you. Obviously not every has that problem but I for one am.

I can also say this wasn't in last year's game as when I wanted to hit the ball I did I wan't bunting all over the place either. Its very fustrating

No Streaming Account
  18. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fiddy14#6440
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    see thats what i dont get, why are people clicking down while trying to power swing?

to swing, pull back on r-stick abd then release.. for power, pull the r-stick back and then move it forward..

we talked about this last night boozers and i still cant figure out how people are doing this lol.. oh well.. glad its not me :)

No Streaming Account
  19. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some people just push down harder on the sticks in normal use than others. I typically don't for baseball, but other games I do. The worst for me was MGP and I'd push down super hard on those damn sticks in that game, and that game had click gear shifts, and that always f'd me up. lol

No Streaming Account
  20. Boozers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats what I mean you can pull it down pull it back same thing. I mean the main thing is regardless of whether your clicking it or not it wasnt like this last year and I certainly didnt have these problems. I happened to click it when Im trying to hit it and I guess thats how im used to hitting from last year, Im doing exactly the same thing as last year

No Streaming Account