MLB 2K5. Post your impressions here

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by Nick MurderFace, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Nick MurderFace

Nick MurderFace Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was going to make a comment about this but I figured I would just laugh at it and let it go. :roll:

No Streaming Account
  2. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I never said I like ESPN MLB 2k4 either. I prefered MVP 2004 much more, but since it was not online I was forced to play 2 seasons with MLB 2k4 (which was a big upgrade from Inside Pitch, so we were okay with that). 2k5 though, I think they changed it too much. #1 flaw for me is the damn camera angle. Can I not get a stationary zoomed camera angle? Why is that so hard? I can not find it in this new version of the game. Just give me a zoomed in perspective from the catcher, just like it was last year. I hate it when games add on a bunch of other things, but forget to include items from the previous version (ie. the standard camera angle from 2k4).

No Streaming Account
  3. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Exactly! If they had just left he camera angles alone, I would like this game much better. Yes, they've improved on alot of other things and fixed some bugs and animation problems from 2k4, but the new camera angles are a complete game killer for me and I can't get past that. For my tastes, it's unplayable with the options that they give you for cameras.

No Streaming Account
  4. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually i thought the camera from behind the catcher was fine. Theres a ton of options for that one. You can change the amount its zoomed and the angle from low to medium if i remember correctly.

The one i dont like is the fielding camera. iT seems too zoomed in or something. Just feels weird to me.

No Streaming Account
  5. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I've played around with it. The "zoom" that you're referring to is after the pitch... the camera starts to move in and zoom towards the plate as the pitch is being delivered. I can't stand that. If you want it stationary, like every other baseball game, it's too far away and there's no option to bring the field of view closer to you.

Medium is unusable as a hitter. Too hard to judge the strikezone. All they would have needed to do is keep the same damn camera angle as 2k4 for anyone not wanting these new angles.

No Streaming Account
  6. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Almost done testing out the game completely...Things I currently dislike is some of the lack of camera angles(or just the fact the we have no controll of the fielding cam in all). I dont mind the current angle like jon said but to give me options is always better for old timers.

1 - Gameplay (overhaul with better and smoother animations..more later)
    2 - Sound
    3 - 4 or 5 different types of pitching types and 2 batting(True AIM RULES!!!).
    4 - Presentation
    5 - League options

Dislikes:
    1 - Game conflicts between audio options for custom music(kills the viewing of online friends list). they also should of just left the music jukebox...u dont get the option of shuffling music :(
    2 - A ball was hit to the left side i almost caught it with Cliff Floyd(sp?)...He was trying to pick the ball up but he was stuck in that animation and my CF had to come pick it up...dissapointed.
    3 - Playing a game against bro and around the 7th inning the announcer announces the wrong person up to bat(bro pointed it out). In the ninth he hits a foul ball with Giambi but the game never calls it a foul ball and just stays stuck in the position of not calling anything(had to reset xbox).
    4 - I hit Jeter in the first inning and then in the 6th w/ another wild pitch and i got thrown out ? REVIEW!!!
    5- Probly because i'm not fully down on the controll but the base running is driving me crazy. Thank god for auto assist option :)

Currently like MLB over MVP. I like when companies fix "bugs" but if that's all they did then it doesnt deserve a purchase from me. I like Buggy/Glitchy Innovations then just the same thing from last year.

Whatever is not mentioned is because i have seen it in another baseball game and its not worth mentioning(except for the Baserunning FP view thing...havent tried it yet).

will probly update this later.

No Streaming Account