Lgfa suggestions

Discussion in 'LGFA - Players Association' started by STRICTLY GATOR, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Killersquirelz

Killersquirelz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 3 / -4
    William Faulkner once said,“In writing, you must kill all your darlings”. In journalism, it means that occasionally you have to sacrifice things you spent time on simply because they aren't working or don't fit, but the metaphor works in all things including LGFA. There are quite a few things this league has that make it unique from everywhere else, but there are some that I feel are holding it back.

I suppose before I begin, I should put in a disclaimer that I've enjoyed my time in LGFA, as botha player and then a manager. Admittedly, it was more frustrating forme as a player, but I've seen things from both sides. I also have nothing against LGHL or hockey in general, and indeed I like that it's similar to VPN in that it's one large community with multiple leagues within it, where some people can play on multiple teams but are all part of one community.

First things first. LGFA is not LGHL. I know that seems like an obvious statement, but I feel like LGFA has been trying to be LGHL for too long. I haven't seen all that much change since I first joined back in season 1, and it looks like the league was copy/pasted from LGHL and has been trying to paint over it for a while now. I'd hope that if these suggestions are going to be read and considered, that it's not just another paint job. LGFA is even unique from the other VPL leagues in that it's a system geared towards newer players having an easier time getting onto teams and being introduced not just into the LG/LGFA community,but places like VFL, ACL, VPSA, etc. Things like Training Camp,Bidding, Random assignments to teams, weekly signups for positions,are all things that help new players get into the community. I think that quality is something that needs to be kept.

1. Rules.

Frankly put, there are simply too many rules. Things are too complex and too complicated.There's too much unnecessary structure. There's too many requirements. I referenced in another post the silliness of the structure to Team Captain assignment. My suggestion is to go through with pruning sheers and attack the constitution. Make things much simpler. I know at one point there was another constitution posted that was supposed to be better, but it's not under the Rules tab, so it's not official. If it is, it's /way/ too hard to find.

I understand the concern for player tampering in regards to trades and what not, but I think the solution is not more rules. It reached a point where I was unsure ifI was even allowed to message players asking for their availability,as that might indicate I would be trading them. It just makes managers tip-toe, unsure of what they can and can't say. In that situation, people are more inclined to break the rules and risk punishment than to try and learn every single one and /follow/ every single one. Do you know how many people are allowed on your roster?

1. : Restrictions

Each team is to carry a total of 18 players on their roster.

Each team can only carry up to the number listed above. If a team acquires a Player(s) who/whom result in a number exceeding that of the breakdown, appropriate roster moves must be made prior to the next scheduled game. Failure to have a legal roster will result in forfeiture of games until the Team’s roster is corrected.

Well...almost all games for all teams are forfeits. Woops. If we're going to want more and more people being managers, we have to make things easier for them to succeed within the league.

2. Stats

This has been covered by a lot of people up above already, so I won't repeat all of it, but I will enhance it. Stats are more important in LGFA than any other league, because of the amazing way the site tracks player careers. I can go back and see how someone did in the previous season, what positions they played, everything. This is an /amazing/ tool for new managers, as well as older managers. The problem as stated above is simply that this site doesn't track the right stats. Things like Key Passes, Interceptions, clearances, blocks absolutely need to be added. This will provide even more information for people to get a sense of how someone is, even if it means more work for people inputting stats.

3. Guides

LGFA needs our own guides,written for Fifa, by Fifa players. I've already mostly written one for entering stats, and I'm even willing to write up more, but this is one of the main things to start differentiating ourself from LGHL. We shouldn't be using their guides.

4. TC Player Loans

This one is more just an idea that I haven't actually given all that much thought to, but I think there's an avenue that can be explored with having the ability to loan TC players to other teams, similar to how actual teams can loan players. This would probably require a lot of effort site-side to implement. Something that could make training camps more fluid. I completely agree that we should be doing what we can to give TC players a better opportunity to play.

Maybe it should be easier for TC players to bounce around different teams to try and find a place they can play, quickly. The training camp doesn't have much training going on. I'd much rather have a system in place giving TC players opportunities than just another rule trying to encourage them to be played. Honestly I've tried to send some of my more active TC players to various teams that are forfeiting games due to lack of players, but teams don't seem to be interested there either.

5. Daily Three Stars, TOTW, TOTY

Lots of people have said these too, and there's been progress towards them. They're considered fluff, but still they're nice to have. I know a lot of my players play towards that TOTY reward, including myself. I even like the three stars system, though that /definitely/ needs to be fixed and reformed so that it doesn't seem so bizzare with its choices.

6. Staff/Management

This is the big one for me,and probably the one where I'll receive the most push back, but I think it needs to be voiced. As we've seen this season and (from what I've found on forums) previous seasons, the league struggles to find people to fill in staff positions, and manager/owner positions. I don't actually think this is a problem of not finding players interested, but a problem of having TOO many positions to fill.

For example, the PA President. Last season it was Pitt by default, as he was the only one that signed up. This season it's no one. It was even referenced by Pitt above that it was a vacant position. It was also referenced that it was a key component. I completely disagree. From everything I've read about the PA, its job is this. Right here. Vocalizing what the player's think, which is what all of us are doing right now directly to the staff, in this thread. We don't need a PA President or a PA Vice president, it just becomes another minimum that isn't filled and makes it look like we can't keep a consistant staff.

Because I think we really can keep a consistant staff, if that's what we need to prove to the admins. We just have way too many that are required that aren't entirely necessary. The entire job of the PA can be done in a threadlike this. By forcing there to be two PA reps, we're taking a much longer and more complicated way of doing things than we really need.Same as the Team Captain's requirement I referenced, they're just unnecessarily added positions that serve to complicate things that otherwise have much easier ways of being accomplished. These are darlings that need to be killed. Yes, I understand that RL has Player association representatives that negotiate quite a few things, but none of them are relevant to an online virtual pro league.

Likewise, I think it'd be alot easier to only require two managers on a team, Owner and GM. The third should be optional. There's always going to be a limited amount of people that will want to step up and be a manager. The more positions on a team that require a manager, the less teams there will be. Personally, my AGM is just there on the rare off chance that the Owner or GM can't make it and we can still fulfill a “Must have a manager” requirement.

I also feel like I should throw in here that staff need more powers. I know the situation behind it and understand why there aren't more powers to more staff,but I've been trying to get two players vetted since the season started, and they keep running into roadblocks where the site admins won't respond to them. Even after I posted in the threads about them and sent messages, still no response. If it's a problem for staff to keep up to date with things like that, then more people should have the power to help. It took quite a bit of time for me to even get added to the management forum itself.

7. Smaller Things.

• The times should stay the same. I agree with Yorkowski, in that the only Fifa league you don't want to clash with is ACL. 9 EST is a fairly good time.
    • I enjoy MLS. I'd rather not go to a BPL or BBVA theme simply because everyone else does it, and we don't want to be like everyone else.
    • Managers/Owners should be able to assign positions to people on the roster, so people won't be unlisted. It just looks a bit messy.
    • Cleansheets should only count for CDM/Defense/GK. It doesn't make sense that I can look at a cleansheet leader board and see strikers tied with defenders.
    • The forums desperately need to be cleaned up. It is wildly difficult to find useful posts, and there's a lot of threads from previous seasons, or necro threads that are no longer relevant. They just need to be cleaned, and someone needs to go through sorting them and deleting older, irrelevant threads from seasons ago.
    • I love the ability to register yourself for games in the team forums. However, we should make that more of a way people have the ability to say they're available instead of rules saying we need to hound them to make sure and do it. Personally, I use that more as a way of seeing which of my TC guys will be available for when I need spots.
    • I don't think people should be able to bring in their own clubs. The way the bidding/roster/tc/trades work make LGFA Unique, and I think that should be kept. Turning it more into an “I accept” format means that it's more about people going out and recruiting people instead of people trying to get on teams.
    • I also enjoy the team requirements. As it is now, it encourages teams to try and fill their empty spots with TC players instead of just letting them be computers.
    • Forfeits should be a last resort. Games should ideally be rescheduled instead. Though, the reschedule should be requested before the game is scheduled to start, and the team that was present and is receiving the request should be the ones that pick the future date.

I enjoy LGFA. I'd even be willing to do a lot of what I listed above, like writing guides or taking pruning sheers to the constitution, myself. I think there's a lot of potential within the league to grow bigger and better. If we're going to get there though, changes do need to be made, or we'll just stagnate. I'd also be willing to go through and give exact specifics for further questions. I just think if we want to go far,we need to step back and take an honest look at what the league is and what just hasn't been working. Instead of trying to re-paint the car, we can fix the dings, and this thread is the first step.

Killersquirelz

tl;dr Squirrelz has ideaz.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. dstokes31

dstokes31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -5
    Please read carefully the post above by Killersquirelz^^^^^^^

I agree with several points in this post, but I'll go through and single them out individually...

(A) I definitely feel as though the LGFA is trying too hard to be the LGHL. Everything about the LGFA seems as though it was swiped from the LGHL template, including the much-discussed "3 stars of the night". Is this not exactly what NHL pro clubs has? I personally say to just do away with the "3 stars" template and go to a staff-named "Team of the Night". Base your decision off the individual players' performances over all games played on the night (rather than single-game performances), and produce a "Team of the Night". This (1) creates a different feel from the LGHL by giving the LGFA something different, (2) gives the league what it's been asking for, and (3) provides all-important media to the league.

(1) The Rules and/or Forums definitely can (and should) be cleaned up and simplified. Why the need for a "preamble"? Why the need for 7 different articles when the necessary material should maybe cover one? To put it simply, it's a video game league.....I understand the need for rules and structure, but not to the point where it looks more like a document I'd study in law school than a FIFA league rulebook. I provide programming for youth recreational sports for a living and have to pass several things through our legal department for final approval, including rulebooks, etc. Never has anything I've done in a professional/government setting required the amount of unnecessary verbiage that the LGFA Constitution entails. I mean the most important information, the actual rules for play, are only found after digging through the first 6 articles of the constitution! Again, I understand the need for structure and well-established rules, but let's attempt to simplify this please. Most of this can be compressed into a far less daunting read, while other parts can be provided within the "guides" described by Killersquirelz above. Maybe have a more clear path to the rules also, rather than having them somewhat hidden under "Official News". I feel as though the league's rules should be a little more accessible and visible.

Which brings me to the forums in general: So many useless or long-dead threads (very nice use of "necro threads", btw). They could also benefit from a reorganization of sorts. I'm also a huge fan of media, both as a player, fan, and prospective participant within leagues. We have an absolutely abysmal amount of media at LGFA. The only thing we really have going for us at the moment is the ability to attach videos/steams of games to the on-site game page. That's it. There are no highlights, no "Goals of the Week", no articles, no recaps, no hype building really at all. That's a bit disappointing, and is something I think the league- staff, owners, managers, players - should take more accountability with. I've managed teams in the past, and we always had at least weekly recaps and highlights, as well as satirical articles, "Power Rankings", you name it. This stuff takes time to do, but I feel like the tools are at our fingertips (Xbox Recording, Streaming, etc) to make this a really easy thing to accomplish. I also applaud any owner or staff member that takes the time to do these sort of things.

(2) Stats, I feel, are ultimately up to the owners/managers. This is their responsibility, and I think a much better job of recording stats needs to be done across the board. As has been pointed out, the league's archiving of past stats helps the scouting process immensely. Being able to see how players perform in certain positions, formations, etc. helps owners out tremendously in both the pre-bid phase and the in-season game planning department. Would I like to see more in-depth statistics like the one's discussed (interceptions, key passes, possession won/lost)? Absolutely, I think we all would. I think we're limited at this time, however, by the 30 second timer of FIFA in post-game, which would make this incredibly difficult to accomplish. It's a great goal for the future, so hopefully future editions of FIFA allow a bit more time to collect these stats.

(4) I think a loan system is a really solid idea. The one problem I foresee, however, you've already discussed: lack of interest on the part of other teams. Loans could definitely be useful (even for full-team members), though.

I think there are also several other options for the TC players....possibly a "youth team" that could be run by the GM/AGM and participate in a lower league. There's also the possibility of what I've discussed before: simply having a staff member or dedicated owner run a TC-built team (or two, three, four...depending on how many people can lead teams) within the league. This team could operate as a fully-functioning team within the league, but would have the option of adding any TC player rather than the normal team restriction of roster-only. You could also do away with TC all together and make these folks "Free Agents", which would probably clean up the previous idea a bit. This would also help with the process of players finding full teams, as they wouldn't be restricted to use by only their current team, etc.

6. I agree that there are likely too many irrelevant staff/management positions. Maybe we could use more just "general staff" that can help out with things/league matters, but less player's reps, etc. that really have limited purpose within a virtual pro league. Maybe focus on a Media staff that puts out a news show or podcast.

Management teams/groups are often overkill, as well. I plan on submitting my candidacy for ownership for Season 5, and have owned in several leagues before. That being said, I plan on doing 90%+ of the ownership/management duties simply because it is what I would expect to do when taking on the responsibility of ownership. My remaining management staff with have next-to-nothing to do all season long. I get that not everybody is wired like this, I really do. I also somewhat understand the need for 2 additional management members when it comes to the burden of owning a team....but in most cases (from what I've seen here and elsewhere), teams usually fill these roles with either friends, good players, or players that would be costly in a bidding war. None of those types are really going to afford a team/league any insurance if the owner decides he or she doesn't want to do it anymore and abandon ship mid-season.....as we've seen time and time again. It's an unfortunate reality, but it's one we kind-of have to face in something like an online FIFA league.

7. I'm cool with the times and the league being MLS. I really don't see a need to move leagues unless we adopt promotion/relegation. Agreed on the ownership assigning positions and points made about the clean sheets.

The more I've thought on it, the more I can agree (somewhat.....mostly) with the "no clubs" ruling/idea. I don't have a real problem with the league as-is, but as a prospective owner, I plan on being around for a few seasons and plan on having a strong team identity/personality. As a result, I would like some sort of means of keeping my guys around for longer? Maybe adjust the amount of multi-season contracts that can be offered.....or at the very least, offer "restricted free agency" or something similar to players in their final contract season that indicated they want to stay with a team. It could work a couple of different ways....possible just a 1-season extension (which can be renewed the following year if both player and club indicate they would like to) at the same price/contract cost that already exists OR the exact described scenario with a slight raise in contract cost (10-25% raise). I dunno, something.

I also don't have a huge problem with the current team requirements. I think sometimes 18 is too many....but apparently for some teams, it's not enough. My personal preference has always been for the ability to play with less than 11 players if we choose to do so, possibly as low as 4-6, but that's really all I care about. As I've previously discussed, this is more a preference than anything. It also opens up the possibility of bringing in more teams/players, having less forfeits, and being able to expand a quicker rate. That being said, I'll be here for a while either way.

I think the league is solid, I think it's something that can be built upon and made into something unique and special. As stated before, I plan on being here for a while and will be submitting my name for ownership for Season 5. I'm looking forward to bringing a ton of media to the league (in terms of my team, at least), and have already been spreading the word around to several of my amigos and FIFA buddies to come join the league for FIFA 16. I really hope we can get to 20 teams, and am looking forward to being a part of this for a while and doing my part to help it grow.

LosMamaguevos
  3. Killersquirelz

Killersquirelz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 3 / -4
    While I agree with the majority of the things that my esteemed colleague from Philadelphia added, there are parts I will expand on due to his comments.

1. Having the Three star system be a "Team of the Night" system instead would be good, but I think the process should still be automated. While it's more reasonable for a TOTW to be done at the end of the week, it would be unreasonable to expect someone each day to pour through the stats of those played and come up with their choices. Keeping the system automated would be preferred, simply tweaking what the system uses to judge is required.

2. Bottomless Pitt has mentioned elsewhere that he recognizes the constitution is out of date and that it's being cleaned up. I applaud that, however my point is not just that it needs to be cleaned up and more succinct, but that there are fundamental views towards it that need to be evaluated and changed.

3. We aren't actually limited at all. I wrote a summary guide already, though I realize it was posted in the manager forums, that explains how I go through and record stats. With Fifa giving you limited time, the majority of people record a game clip so they can view it at a later time. I would say that it's more important to make sure that a team is properly inputting stats in a timely manner, than it is to make sure that lines are being kept up to date before games.

4. Accompanying my point above, it's probably best to not assign a staff member to lead a TC run team. As well, an owner leading a TC team...would just be another team.

5. I like the idea of making teams more open to being able to re-sign players. AFAIK, there is a current allowance for players to be resigned after the season, but I believe it's a limitation. I think the limitation for this should be gone. Chemistry is a thing in Online Pro clubs, just like it is in Ultimate Team. It's simply harder to see because it's not a stat, but a character trait. As I found out recently, some people simply /can not/ play with other people. Some people are perfectly good strikers, but don't connect well with the midfield. A defensive line is at its best when the 3-4 players have played together before and already know how each other play. Removing the limitation at the end of the season and allowing teams to re-sign as many players as they want helps continuing managers form chemistry between players. If the limitation is to be removed, however, I think the following should be done.

- Remove the limitation for how many players can be re-signed at the end of the season.
    - Make Re-signing consensual. Players should have the ability to say no to a re-sign. This will prevent players from being held hostage on teams they don't much want to play for. I think the idea behind it was to give managers a tool to keep their team together, but I believe we've seen the direct opposite happen. Players instead just won't play for their team or leave the league. Managers end up wasting a re-sign on someone, and nothing is achieved.
    - The only exceptions to player consent would be those with multi-year contracts, but even multi-year contracts in general seems weird. I'm not really sure how it can be a contract when the player doesn't have a choice to agree with it.

6. I'm actually not at all sure what the minimum required is. Whatever it is, I think it should be 8, including one goalkeeper and one any. A higher requirement encourages people to fill the spots with TC players if they can, which is another way to help ensure active TC get gametime. Still, every team should strive to field the full 11.

No Streaming Account
  4. FGxCrafter

FGxCrafter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that Possession won/lost should be added to the stats for next year FIFA 16 or LGFA season 5. This will show how much turnovers a player makes which will help people scout for players either in preseason or during.

No Streaming Account
  5. FGxCrafter

FGxCrafter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also make these people stop complaining about the players of the week because you are just encouraging people that don't have a life outside of fifa to act like a big shot in here. If Killersquirelz is reading this you know who this might be.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    No Streaming Account
  6. dstokes31

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -5
    Sorry, just now seeing the response to my earlier message...

1. Agreed. Automated is certainly easier for all involved. If we're going to call it "Team of the Night", however, all games from a given night need to be considered rather than a single-game performance. Another input to this formula I'd like to see is game importance...meaning more weight given to performances against top-tier opponents or important matches.

3. This would require (gasp!) additional effort from the owners. Some of the existing guys and girls have a hard enough time inputting the limited stats we currently track, let alone alternative stats that better capture the nuances of a player's performance. That being said...I do agree with a very vital aspect of this: that we should at least have the capability to input stats such as tackles attempted, possession won/lost, key passes, interceptions, etc. I don't think most manager will get anything beyond goals/assists/match rating, but I would absolutely love at least the ability to input and track more in-depth stats. It would be a very useful tool for managers, at the very least, for scouting and game planning purposes.

4. Agreed on the staff member aspect. I realize that making a member "owner" would just create another team...but that's ultimately the goal, isn't it? To get these TC players on the field and part of the competition, rather than riding a bench and losing interest.

5. I honestly would be 100% behind just removing multi-year contracts altogether and making each contract a season-by-season agreement that can be extended by mutual consent at the end of each season. Have a "resigning period" of a week or two. This would allow owners a better chance of keeping their core group intact, and give players a little more flexibility and freedom, as well.

Looking forward to the updates to the site, as well. I did notice that it seems once again directed mostly at the NHL side of things, but hey, maybe we can talk Tris10 into designing some cool stuff for us, too. Stuff that isn't just a copy/paste of the NHL templates....

Also, can we maybe talk to upper management and get LGFA listed along with the other leagues on our site search? Google searching "league gaming" yields a result that has absolutely nothing about FIFA or the LGFA. I demand equality!!!!!!!!!

LosMamaguevos
  7. Neomicro

Neomicro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    First I would like to commend Killersquirelz and dstokes31 for the effort put into this thread. I agree with everything Killer has stated except this...

I think there should be a limitation.

Chemistry is paramount, pretty much everyone can agree with that. Here is why I think we need limitations:

1. I believe the league should promote player movement. A strong league could really be built when u have community. People who know each other and have played with one another. Chemistry is paramount but that's what's exciting, teams putting together a new roster with new players trying to achieve that.

2. The draft at the beginning of the season becomes much less interesting when teams already have a full roster. The draft is a unique process that makes LG interesting. Limitations make the draft.

3. Player value is based on how good a player is and how well known. A few top players snuck onto rosters at 500k because they we were not well known. Their player values need to be reset through the draft or that team now has a serious cap advantage over the long term. IRL this would be fixed by the player demanding more money. Here we have the draft.

For the third reason, I think onlymanagement should carry over. Otherwise, I'm keeping my 500k steals and rebidding on the rest.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  8. TIMBORULES

TIMBORULES Are you about that Fifa life?

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -10
    I agree[​IMG] with mostly everything above ^^^^^

In terms of keeping same team . I think each team should be allowed to resign 11 players starting 11. Then everyone else goes to the draft list. This way teams can grow and get better for seasons to come. I love the format of this league better than a lot others. But teams need to play together for a long time we want to have quality for the league compared to ACL WSL VPSA VPFL ect... The way stats and the site navigation is great. We need more staff to promote the league and to write media for the league. I am willing to help and move on staff if giving some compensation. I'm re there are others with different talents and internet skills that could really help LGFA grow...BUt we do just need threads to try to recruit them. Facebook groups word of mouth and adding more people spread the word that we want to the best league for fifa players. With 2016 coming up we should have a full staff...veteran teams TOTW and TOTS are must. Everyone loves recognition. On that note everyone needs to be honest when puttng in stats. Lastly with 338 people signed up[​IMG] we can have 2 divisions one can be Premier League or LBVA this too would attract more players who are fan of certain teams. Just my two cents take it or leave it. TBO!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. dstokes31

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -5
    I agree with aspects of this. I feel like being able to maintain a core lineup and build upon your success is fantastic and essential as a manager. Being able to establish a team identity and keep that identity for future seasons not only appeals to me (and I would assume other managers), but provides additional incentive for owner to return season after season. Completely resetting the roster each year? Not so appealing. IRL, a team like Barcelona is known for keeping their core players around for years and building their identity/legacy. It would be nice to do that here, as well, particularly from a management standpoint.

That being said, I feel like there's a balance that could/should be struck. Nobody really wants to see one powerhouse team maintaining all the stars for 500k year after year, winning most of the competitions, etc. We'd all like to see a little more parity, I'm sure. Perhaps [MENTION=15515]TIMBORULES[/MENTION] is on the right track with allowing X amount of players to resign. 11 might be a little high, but obviously this could be tweaked for a different number if that's what makes it more agreeable. Let's say 5-8 players, not including management. But let's take this a step further. Perhaps instead of a full 11, let's look at 2 plays on my previous concept:

Concept 1:
    1 year contracts only. At each season's end, there is a re-signing period.
    Players and owners must both consent to resign to make it valid.
    To make things more realistic/true to life, introduce a "raise system". This system would make for mandatory raises for returning players. To make this fair to management, there could be a threshold. IE:

All players above 5mil are resigned for their set price, no raise.
    All players below 5 mi have their salary raised to make things fair. Players 500k-2.0 mil go to 2.5 mil. Players 2.5 - 4.5 go to 5 mil.

If a manager chooses to attempt to avoid the raise, they can simply release the player and attempt to re-sign them through the bidding/draft process as normal. However, this runs the obvious risk of other teams becoming involved, as well as a significant price raise.

Salary Cap might have to be re-evaluated to make this as realistic as possible. But this system (a) allows for management to keep their core intact if they choose to do so, at a rising (but ultimately capped) price, (b) allows the possibility for player movement because of the financial restrictions of re-signing players (c) prevents managers from keeping key/star/valuable players at 500k, or even below 5m after 2 seasons max (d) adds realism to the league.

Concept 2:
    Still 1 year contracts only. At each season's end, there is a re-signing period.
    Players and owners must both consent to resign, however....
    There is a "restricted free agent" aspect. Other teams can attempt to pry the player away with a larger contract (each team may make only 1 bid for a player). If a larger contract is offered, the original team has an opportunity to match the contract and keep their player. If no contract is offered by an outside team, the player remains on his/her current team at their current rate.

This system (a) allows for management to keep their core intact, but at the possibility of rising costs, (b) allows possibility for player movement due to outside teams with more funds being able to make bids (c) takes into account the player values mentioned by [MENTION=15592]Neomicro[/MENTION] (d) is probably the most realistic system available.

I'm personally partial to Concept 1. I think it strikes a better balance...as I know several of the douche owners would bid 30mil on valuable players out of spite in Concept 2. Concept 1 would require a close analysis of the salary cap (and a possible change to that figure), but ultimately, I feel like that's the way to go.

Also, don't misunderstand... I'm not opposed to the draft/bidding processes at all. I think those are very exciting and integral things for what we do here. The draft is an exciting time....seeing who is going for what price, who gets a 500k steal, who gets overvalued, etc. I just think a balance between roster retention and all-out roster resets each season needs to be found. Let teams build identity, chemistry, etc....but limit this to ensure equality and parity for the rest of the league.

• Like Like x 2
    LosMamaguevos
  10. SpillShot

SpillShot Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Roken#5421
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -1
    Teams should have something like an expansion draft. They get to protect X amount of players and the rest go back into the pot. This way teams build chemistry and such, thus improving the quality of games etc.

No Streaming Account
  11. Neomicro

Neomicro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I Like those ideas dstokes31. I think you're on the right track.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    I have taken my day at work to read thtough all the posts since my last post...lol

I will respond thoroughly shortly.

For now. I want to say just a few things for you to chew on until I fully respond with everything being said here in one way or another.

1. I like the discussion and all manner of creativity, thoughts, preferences, etc etc etc. Keep it up.

2. Everything you are discussing here is in the constitution except it can't be found or is very difficult to do so - because it's in the new constitution not the old. The details obviously vary. And to be more specific the structure of the new constitution achieves all of the above. The only real questions are ....what tweaks do we want to make. We = the league, not staff, not management nor players...all of us.

3. The staffing functions you discuss are also addressed in the new constitution. There is a need for each off them, however their purpose are not well understood but all of you touch on those exact requirements not realizing it.

...I mentioned before (perhaps in a previous season) that the constitution was re-written and that I purposely withheld two articles. Due to too many factors to mention here...it was not officially released as it was not 'officially supported' by all levels of the league.

I believe we are at a crossroads and we are ready for implementation. Yes some updates are always required...but it is time to put the garbage on the curbe rather than keeping it in the garage or side of the house. The old constitution served it's purpose but it's time to move on take our next steps to being what we want to be.

I will be releasing the new constitution for review by everyone: critics and supporters alike. Implementation will not begin until the off season.

The intent is to not start season 5 until a thorough understanding of lgfa operations is understood by management, staff and as many players as possible (regardless of old or new management, old or new constitution). There are so many things being said or so many questions being asked that simply require taking the time to understand...and likely making it easy for someone new to find them with simplicity.

I can't stress enough the importance have having the right people at the right jobs. Unfortunately that is one of the most challenging obstacles we must overcome together. A key part of that is ha inG a thorough understanding of how everything fits together.

The constitution is the backbone/frame of the league, the features are it's parts, and the people....the people are everyone that contribute to make it work & give it purpose: mechanics, drivers, passengers, salesmen, labourers/manufacturers, suppliers,...etc.

the point is balance, function and effectiveness are required from anyone involved or impacted.

My job and marino swag's is orchastrating the whole thing. We will continue heading in the right direction. But keep your input coming...and we will reply shotly.

I will post again soon a dressing specific ideas mentioned above..

Bp

Bottomless_Pit