LGAHL Western Conference Power Rankings Week 2

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by EatMyHersheyBar, Mar 15, 2015.

1. SoGringo8040

SoGringo8040 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SirRugsAlot#0799
    Ratings:
    +620 / 40 / -59
    Consensus Rankings

1. Hamilton
    2. Grand Rapids
    3. Chalotte
    4. Adirondack
    5. Toronto
    6. Utica
    7. Chicago
    8. Rochester
    9. Iowa
    10. San Antonio
    11. Milwaukee
    12. OKC
    13. Lake Erie
    14. Rockford
    15. Texas

Western North

Tourne

Hamilton Bulldogs
    Offense: A
    Defense: A
    Goalie: A
    They had a perfect week and really found a stride. Their lowest scoring game was vs Worcester which was a forfeit win, LOL. Their offense is burying the puck and their defense is overall solid. It’s hard to really critique a team that went perfect on the week, there Is four guys on this team with 20+ points. That is unreal.

Utica Comets
    Offense: A-
    Defense: B+
    Goalie: A-
    This team finished just above .500 going 5-4 on the week. Offense and goaltending got the job done this week, defense was more complimentary. They had some high scoring games for and against them but overall played solid. They belong where they sit behind Hamilton, as long as they keep producing and can keep within range of Hamilton it can become a division.

Adirondack Flames
    Defense: A-
    Goalie: B+
    They have the #1 goalie in the league right now, but their backup is a bit behind. Offense and defense is surprisingly solid as Ashton build a 500k dynasty. 7-2 on the week this team is continuing to do better than the peanut gallery predicted. Tied for second in the division they will be giving Utica a challenge to catch Hamilton.

Toronto Marlies
    Goalie: B+
    This team lost more games than they won going 4-5 but they played good hockey. They are in the middle of the pack rite now and could make some changes to roster to help them climb the ranks. Offense lit the lamp this week and the defense was slightly above average. I think this team will sit around the middle of the pack then explode up the standings, down the road.
    Rochester Americans
    Offense: B
    Goalie: B
    Starting tendy had a solid week averaging a 84% save percentage. This team could improve offensively and defensively or they will just stay in the middle of the pack. But this week they competed like a middle of the pack team and managing to gain momentum at the end of the week. Will be interesting to see who is more consistent between this team and Toronto and the Flames.

Western West

MadeofTwoFaces

1. 1. Charlotte Checkers (12-6-0) - 7-2-0

Offensive Grade: B-
      Defensive Grade: B
      Goalie Grade: B-

Best of the worst, has one good line and 2 good d, other than that they blow and wouldn't be ranked 2nd if their division wasn't so god damn shitty.

2. Iowa Wild (9-8-1) - 6-2-1

Offensive Grade: C+
      Defensive Grade: B-
      Goalie Grade: B-

14GP combined from their TC already, only one good F and 2 good D, sorry @Jesus st1ck , @Hamburglar Time , and @LtxLaffyTaffy but 3 people can't carry a team all the way. RIP.

3. San Antonio Rampage (8-8-2) - 6-2-1

Offensive Grade: C
      Defensive Grade: C+
      Goalie Grade: C

One good D, two good forwards, 14 random who I have no clue who they are or why someone let them leave the CHL.

Here's your write-up!!
      Okay, so basically these 3 teams are exactly the same. All 3 played basically the exact same teams and won against them (was it that hard you all faced teams just as shitty as you) so honestly, the fact they got some points is something you can overlook as Charlotte/Iowa only played 2 teams with over a .500 record, while San Antonio only had to play 1 (and somehow still didn't have the best week, god rampage you guys suck.) They all have only a handful of good players (I'm pretty sure I'm over-rating them by saying that) and won't make it past the first round unless Tris gives them a gold damn gold mine of random assignments or the GMs pull a Mario Party and start handing out some Chump Charity.

Shout-out to Charlotte for being the best of the worst though. Enjoy your free play-off spot.

4. Oklahoma City Barons (7-10-1) - 3-5-1

Offensive Grade: C+
      Defensive Grade: C-
      Goalie Grade: D+

Honestly, I'm surprised this team is so bad. Their offence has a lot of talent, but what they have in offence skill they more than lack in defence and goaltending skill. One of the most talented forward lines I can see in the AHL, being held back by a bad defensive core and 2 unknown goalies, and unproven goalies. If Snoopy can find a way to upgrade one that (maybe unload some of their forward talent) and balance out the squad they may be able to turn it around. They did just get ImJeff assigned to their TC, and they also have Sonic Boomer who's a pretty good D, so calling those 2 up could help out in that area.

5. Texas Stars (4-12-2) - 2-6-1

Offensive Grade: C
      Defensive Grade: F
      Goalie Grade: F-

I feel sorry for the forwards here, REALLY sorry. They score a lot of goals, and they had the exact same schedule as San Antonio, and still fucked up. 6/9 games decided by 1 goal, and on average putting up at least 3 goals a game and being unable to win blows. Unfortunately, you can't win just by scoring goals you have to have a goalie who can at least stop a beach ball ( @Gray x 33 ) and defence who don't get worked like dogs all game. RIP Texas, you guys suck more than the other 4 guys, and they really sucked, but you guys take the cake.

Hey, bright-side. At least you guys aren't forfeiting, and Gray's probably doing that thing he does where if you have a bad couple games he trades you for the first offer he gets (trust me on this one, I had to GM with him.) So if you want out, just keep getting walked around and let them score on him (that isn't hard he can barely stop anything even with all the help in the world) and you'll be other of there within a week, not like you can do any worse team wise!

Western Midwest

Ambient

1) Grand Rapids Griffins (8-1)

Defense: A
    Goaltending: A-

Lions are majestic, eagles are badass. Combine the two and youget majestic bad asses, very fitting for this team. An 8-1 week that was capped off by an 8-2 thrashing of those nubs in Syracuse more than made up fortheir lackluster performance in week 1 and finds them atop thedivision where they should stay throughout the season. @TourneTime isworking with a blank canvas after taking over a second-tag riddled WBS a coupleseasons ago, and he's painted a masterpiece. @Daddy Halfrican is asteal even at $4.5m. He skates around the ice with such elegance it can at times bemesmerizing and he's one of the best defensive forwards in the league totop it off. @Solid Platypus hasn't been too productive on the ice, but having agamer tag like that can do wonders for your squads confidence. The defensivegroup is easily one of the best around and the team has allowed the fewest goals in the league this season. @Golgi Groove and @Terrier4581 arestudly and handle their own end while being a threat in the offensive zone as well. One concern for this team is being a - in both shotdifferential and TOAD, but their goaltending has been equal to thetask. @BillyGilley has a SV% of 82.4 but a sub .500 record, and Tourne has an 82.3 SV% and is undefeated. If they keep the play in their ownend more often, this team could challenge for the #1 seed in the West.

2) Milwaukee Admirals (4-5)

Offense: B-
    Defense: B
    Goaltending:C+

A tough 4 game stretch finds the zombie Admirals barely clinging to aplayoff spot after being division leaders heading into the week. @hicksy999 hasbeen a great two-way center for a long time. And this season he's had goodpoint production to go with his familiar place amongst the league leaders in hits @Thats So Hurt had a big week with 6 goals and 7 assists. Most of the cap onthis team was spent on defense. @ITz IBrocK has been getting the top assignment and has done his part this week going 2-1,with 1G, 2A a +4 and 14 Hits this week. They have solid team statistics in important areas like TOAD, SD, and PP% but their goaltending will lead to them losing games they probably should be winning. I see more of the same on the horizon for the undead Admirals unless they sure up their goaltending situation.

3) Chicago Wolves (4-4-1)

Defense: B-
    Goaltending: B

A tough week for Chicago. The games they won they did so comfortably, but lost 3 games by 1 goal and blew a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period against Hartford in a wolves-on-wolves crime. @Zombie xsp is the big $ man on this team, and only playing one game this week undoubtedly left a void in their offensive production. @Savage Ns did his part to fill that void going 2-0-1 with 5G and 8A. GM @SafeteySieve has been the anchor for them on defense and this week was no different as he also went 2-0-1 against some of the better teams in the league. @LeGros x 66 also performed well this week in both ends of the ice with 3G 1A a +6 and 10 hits. @JFLuyken is a very good #1 goalie, and will steal games for them throughout the season. If their offense continues their high production rate then this team should grab one of the last 3 wildcard spots in the West.

4) Lake Erie Monsters (2-5-2)

Offense: B-
    Defense: C+
    Goaltending: C+

I had much higher expectations for this team coming into the season. A lack of consistency has plagued them to this point with players who were supposed to be major pieces missing time. Such as the case of @PARKSTER44 their highest paid forward who is yet to play a game this season. GM @Indian10372 , in addition to being one of the nicer guys in the league, has loads of GM experience that he'll need to dig in to in order for his team to turn things around. @Veritas2332 and @STEVE OTT 09 have lead the way for this team offensively each of them averaging at least 3 pts per game, however it hasn't translated in to enough wins. Their defense had an abysmal week allowing 5 or more goals in 7 of their 9 games. A couple bright spots for them defensively have been @liqara22 and @Dawgz45 . Another team with a lackluster goalkeeping tandem, #1 goalie @SDS Ballistic has a 4.41 GAA and 68.2 SV%. They should have more points to show for their practically even GD as a team.

5) Rockford Icehogs (4-4-1)

Offense: C
    Defense: B-
    Goaltending: B-

Rockford got things going in the right direction this week, with 3 of their losses coming by only 1 goal they were competitive every night. Icehogs however is a title this team doesn't deserve, as they rank last in the league in TOAD by a wide margin. Their leading scorer to this point in the season is @Gryphon360 with 5G and 4A (3G and 4A this week). They need some serious firepower added to their group of forwards as they currently rank last in goals for. They have a good group of defensemen, but even they will need to elevate their games to an elite level for this team to start winning the majority of their games. Their goaltending situation has done enough to deserve more wins. In particular @ SteveB9211 who had a 20 save performance against Hartford only for his team to leave a point on the table losing in OT to Hartford. Some roster shakeups are in order for this teams offense to reach the level the rest of the team is capable of playing at.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
    No Streaming Account
  2. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Nice gif there @TourneTime 10/10

Also way not to add in the part where I said I was going to compress Charlotte,Iowa, and San Antonio into one because they're basically all the same this week.

iMackie21
  3. NostraLlamas

NostraLlamas Space Fertilizer

Ratings:
    +516 / 40 / -25
    Because fuck proofreading

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Dear Western West division,
    [​IMG]

Dear Texas Stars specifically,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  5. Bishess

Bishess Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 5 / -1
    Feeling the love in Iowa <3

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    Yes, we suck. Throw us 3rd lines!!!

LG_Voracek
  7. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Well, our 9:30 game tonight just got more interesting.

No Streaming Account
  8. bnoser49

bnoser49 styling and profiling WOOOOOOOOO!

Ratings:
    +323 / 30 / -63
    can't really speak for the other teams in the west, but utica is 5-0 against the powerhouse east. i invite all western teams to post their record against eastern opponents here. well i just noticed you said western west, my bad. still wanna see interconference records though.

No Streaming Account
  9. Smitterr

Smitterr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smitterr#0
    Ratings:
    +542 / 37 / -48
    Dont take anything to heart. This kid(madeoftwofaces) is a troll and lives for it.

• Like Like x 3
    Smitter24
  10. l bruins l

l bruins l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Get yourself in tonights 930 game, we will see who sucks. But we all know you will come up with some excuse not to.

• Like Like x 2
    l_bruins_l
  11. l bruins l

l bruins l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    "Best of the worst, has one good line and 2 good d, other than that they blow and wouldn't be ranked 2nd if their division wasn't so god damn shitty."
    I think thats what they say about the Super Bowl champion Patriots in the AFC East, but you may not watch football, its for men.

l_bruins_l
  12. Burtxn l77l

Burtxn l77l I'm Good Sometimes

Ratings:
    +158 / 11 / -13
    Whatever you say little boy.

Kuroitaiyou
  13. Smitterr

Smitterr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smitterr#0
    Ratings:
    +542 / 37 / -48
    He can't play. He has to work till midnight tonight, otherwise I would make him put his money where his mouth is.

• Like Like x 2
    Smitter24
  14. John l27l

John l27l S26 San Jose Sharks RD

Ratings:
    +213 / 8 / -12
    Not because you don't know any players that mean they should belong in the CHL... But i like that.. Give me a 2nd chance to shut people when they don't know anything...1st chance was season 17..Results = Calder Cup

• Like Like x 4
    J0hNxl27l
  15. Heimbecker

Heimbecker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +817 / 31 / -2
    • Like Like x 1
    Heimbecker07
  16. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    I would love too, but I have this thing called a job.

Plus Smitter doesn't like giving me the easy games, has this rule where he wants his 4.25m C to take down all the good teams, ass-hole won't let me scrub hunt.

You've beat ONE team that has a .500 record or higher, lost to the other 5. Shut up.

It's not that I don't know them, it's that you're 8-8-2 in the easiest division with the easiest schedule that makes them belong in the CHL.

Honestly, the only people on your team who deserve an AHL Spot are TacoSunday, Coital, Yourself, Clarke, Cummins, Voracek, Fish and World. Everyone else is just bad.

• Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  17. Cronkxr

Cronkxr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 3 / -2
    [MENTION=7796]MadeOfTwoFaces[/MENTION] You did lose 9-2 to Milwaukee who has no 1st line...

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Si, we also played their top scorers and played horribly on the defensive end trying to play a style that wasn't suitable to our new line-up. Package that on top of the fact I literally had to quit the party because of the amount of yelling (and somehow that made me play better, go figure) and their last 2 goals came in the last minute when we literally just gave up and stopped playing, meh. Won't happen again.

Are you saying Hicksy, Stelene,and Hurt aren't worthy of being called a first line doe? I question your sanity if that's the case.

iMackie21
  19. Cronkxr

Cronkxr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 3 / -2
    LOL yes that's exactly what I'm saying, Hicksy is a 2nd/3rd liner at best, if that's their top line they won't be a playoff team...

Also being their top scorers doesn't always mean they're the best players, they could just play 3rd lines. Our top scorer is on our 3rd line so does that mean he's our best player? Lol no

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    I won't argue with you thumb-wise he's a 2nd liner at best, but those wingers make up for that. All he has to do is win the draws and get to an open spot to one time it/down low to cycle it around and Hurt+Stelene will carry him.

iMackie21