A BOGs LIFE - An LG Special Podcast

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by tsibs88, Jun 23, 2016.

1. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Tune in tonight at 10pm eastern as TSibs talks to birthday_machine and Deadsoul_Rising about being a BOG in LG....the good and the bad!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    tsibs88
  2. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    OMG YES FINALLY....WHAT HAPPENS BEHIND THE SCENES WOOH

Nybarisny
  3. birthday_machine

birthday_machine I'm not staff anymore

Ratings:
    +256 / 3 / -14
    What happens behind the scenes is an insane amount of work for little result, and absorbing a lot of abuse.

6-7 staff handling ~400 requests/week trying to keep things in order. It's less exciting, and more brutal punishment, but for the people who enjoy crawling around the website like me, it can be a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    birthday_machine
  4. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    I can only imagine how it is I get annoyed dealing with my roster of 17 plus TCs.

Nybarisny
  5. birthday_machine

birthday_machine I'm not staff anymore

Ratings:
    +256 / 3 / -14
    Watching this over I didn't realize you could still see me on video while I was muted. There were many trips to the fridge for more beer.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    birthday_machine
  6. Deadsoul_Rising

Deadsoul_Rising Well-Known Soul

Ratings:
    +114 / 1 / -2
    Thanks again @tsibs88 for having us on the show! It was fun! I just wanted to add a few things that I didn’t elaborate on/think of while we were doing the show. The following is a bit of a long winded addition to what I wanted to say.

The TC issue is one that I think will always be there, regardless of expansion (just look at the xbox TC list). This is why I think that managers in this league need to make an effort to continue to scout in season (as many do already). There's plenty of diamonds in the rough out there waiting to be found. I know when I was a GM last season, it was very difficult to scout all those players. As Birthday pointed out in the interview, it’s insane to think a GM can get in touch with every TC. So I guess my new answer to that question is, perhaps making an official TC only night where they are drafted and the games are recorded/stats are kept (similar to Friday night puck). The TC's can represent their teams and have a tournament style game that gives them the chance to show what they can do. Just a thought.

In regards to the top 3 tips of being a GM, I would add a few more things; leadership, responsibility, dedication, and most of all, time. It takes a lot of time to be a manager or BOG in this league. I am passionate about this league and this game, which is why I became a GM last season and a BOG this time around. I wanted to experience this league from a number of angles to get a true sense of what league gaming is all about. Why become a BOG, owner, or manager in this league? For me, it was a way to give back and help make this new PSN league run smoothly. The part that most people might not think about or realize is that you can practice and build skills (or utilize the ones you already have) that can be used in the workplace and life in general.

To anyone interested in wanting to help the league function and grow by taking on one of these responsibilities, here's what I've taken away from this so far. This opportunity has given me the chance to fine tune my communication skills, deal with conflict resolution, time management, scheduling, organizational skills, and deal with different kinds of personalities and issues. It encourages you to really absorb and understand the rules, and to help communicate them to people who might not understand or know how/where to find them. You can walk away gaining experience in all these areas that translate to real world/job situations. It's also a great way to connect with new people, make new friends, or in the case of @Moranaconda, @tsibs88, and @vhigh, create new connections that turn into great podcasts!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Deadsoul_Rising