2k5 impressions?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by goalie, Jul 21, 2004.

1. PhilipRivers17

PhilipRivers17 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i never said someone is wrong or right, its your choice that you like madden

No Streaming Account
  2. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Madden vs ESPN is sorta like Coke vs Pepsi, Ford vs Chevy, etc...

Everyone thinks they're right and each fan (even the most open minded ones) is going to prefer one over the other.

It's hard to form really good opinions of a game on it's first night, or even first week. There are so many little gameplay nuances with these sports games that we don't figure out for a while (how long did it take us to find out about the slapshot goal in ESPN NHL or the swoop move in 2k3? Months and months of games). That's why we'll be playing ESPN 2k5 pretty hard core for the next 3 weeks, and then Madden to do the same (who can afford to do so) before a decision will be made on the league and what game is used (how many times has this been said now in different thread, by 3 or 4 different admins?)

No Streaming Account
  3. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree 100% Jon. I prefer Pepsi, but prefer Vanilla Coke over Pepsi Vanilla. I prefer Chevrolet over Ford. I don't prefer Madden over ESPN, I am open minded on the subjects however.

I will have Madden and will play it to help out the league. I have ESPN and will continue to help test for the league.

No Streaming Account
  4. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just played that game and all I can say is wow. I didn't experience any of the broken tackle crap from last years, and the Runners are much more life like. Mike and I both agreed that this game isn't as bad as everyone is saying. We played on All-pro and had maybe 4 broken tackles the entire game. Now Roy Williams? That's a different story :)

No Streaming Account
  5. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    You know in the grand scheme of things you're right XBJ. Just because you like/dislike Coke or Pepsi doesn't mean that either one is just as good or bad as the other. I guess the same goes for ESPN and Madden. I'm sure they'll both be great games out of the box, and in the end we'll be the winners because of the tense competition between the two titles.

No Streaming Account
  6. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for calling me a fucking idiot, but you are telling me re-packaging the same game with online league ability, new rosters, and updating the crib is worth $20? All I can say is that this game isn't worth $50, and I am glad they put the price down to "accomodate" gamers.

Tell me this Phillip. All you do is sit here on your ass and put down Madden to absolutely everybody.

Before you make any other post here, I want you to explain to me every possible way, what exactly makes ESPN better than Madden?

Also to your last paragraph, Madden isn't a low offensive game, unless you lack offensive skill. Many people complain there isn't enough offense in the NCAA game this year, but there is, they just aren't exploring the playbooks enough. Just explore, try new things instead of the same plays, and you will find that the offense is indeed there, and works fine.

No Streaming Account
  7. IndigoVDub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Socal. First off they fixed the tackling and the running game (the only two major flaws in last years game. Go play it before you post about a game that isn't even out yet.

No Streaming Account
  8. PhilipRivers17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    inidgo said it. the only reason you can talk aobut madden before it comes out is the fact that the game doesn't change from year to year. espn does. Simply put.

its very simple

No Streaming Account
  9. PhilipRivers17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and i apologize for the idiot comment. a little strong. but you can't say that the game isn't worth 10 bucks, thats just stupid

No Streaming Account
  10. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tyrone Wheatley had 31 broken tackles after my game vs Skater. Yeah, he was Arizona. Then i played another friend of mine, and I was Raiders and he was the Panthers. 37 broken tackles. and don't say that the we need to learn how to defend Rivers, because the game ended up 14-13 as I missed a PAT.

No Streaming Account
  11. PhilipRivers17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we wont get into missing a PAT. try all pro. and read the manual, it tells you in black and white how to tackle and keep someon from breaking it

No Streaming Account
  12. IndigoVDub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like skater needs to learn how to use the maximum tackle feature.

No Streaming Account
  13. PhilipRivers17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'm guessing you mean socal

No Streaming Account
  14. IndigoVDub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Exaclty, I am very satisfied with All-Pro right now.

No Streaming Account
  15. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now we're talking.

In the end, it's going to be the feedback in the forum (on both games) that will decide which one to use in a few weeks from now, but until then we can just focus on what we like/dislike about ESPN NFL 2k5 (rather than make polls and vote on things) and really put it through it's paces to make sure that it will be a good game 5-6 months from now and not just a good game this month. With 3 weeks to play it w/o Madden interfering, we should be able to pick apart anything we don't like about it and see if that would prevent it from being a good online league game. We'll do the same with Madden, although probably won't spend as much time doing it.

No Streaming Account
  16. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more with Xboxjon. Different people like different things and no matter what you are never going to change their minds. Like Bush followers:laugh:

I'm telling you the break tackle issues is majorly toned down from last year. Plus the passing game physics are way improved. I won't even mention presentation, graphics or animations that have been improved as I am about gameplay, and to say 2k4 and 2k5 is the same is just silly.

There are close to 500 posts on operation sports on impressions and I would say 95% are way positive. There's alot of sim guys and (hush) Madden fans that are loving this game.

I liked 2k4 but didn't love it. With 2k5 I love this game so far online and find more naunces that I like more and more with each game. Their is a lot of strategy with this game.

Also if their end up being too many broken tackles or too much scoring on All-Pro there is always Legend. So far however I am finding All-Pro to be excellent.

Wierdly I have won all my games at home and have struggled on the road, did they incorporate in home field adv? Maybe its the mental anguish from NCAA road trials playing with my head. :shock:

No Streaming Account
  17. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I was by far one of the worst players at this game and even with the flaws of last year's game I didn't game a whole lot of yards on the ground. However, I had a few 100+ yard games. My point is, I see a big difference in the broken tackles thing. I played Dallas vs Washington and Portis didn't have that many broken tackles. The one thing I have noticed is there seems to be a few more dropped balls than there should. Overall, the game is good to me so far. I think the animations are better and more fluid. The game, overall, has very much of the same look and feel of last year's game but I do think it's better where it needed to be.

No Streaming Account
  18. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm honestly saying, my big problem is the dbacks are hard to control and pass plays are hard to break up, just need to work on that. I'lll always be a Madden fan, but I like ESPN guys.

No Streaming Account
  19. silroc

silroc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well said Jon - excellent

discussion over.

now to the other dudes, please just post IMPRESSIONS of the game - no madden crap !!

i want to know how 2k5 plays

thanks

No Streaming Account
  20. DPAnders

DPAnders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Madden will be different from NCAA. The players are better than college players and I think the Madden will be even better than NCAA.

No Streaming Account