Message to all

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Hopestrom, Feb 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverxck

Maverxck Twitch.tv/mav_live

Ratings:
    +117 / 14 / -21
    Solve problems the old fashioned way and duel it out on for honor

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Mav_Live
  2. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Everyone saying depression isn't a real issue or that if you're offended by what people say online you're a pussy needs to get off their joysticks and come back to reality.

Now I didn't read past the first page of this thread because it was honestly just repetitive people saying it isn't a real issue or you need to come back from your safe space or that something is wrong with this generation.

The prime age group of this site is around 17-40s. Depression is the 2nd leading cause to suicide IN THE WORLD in that age group. Around 10% of people diagnosed with depression (not even that they have it, just the ones who are diagnosed) commit suicide. If you think that just because they're reading it online means it can easily be ignored, or shouldn't effect someone because they have to read it, you're a complete fool.

Chirping is all fun and cool, crossing a line or straight up ganging up on people because you can't do it in person is just stupid. Stop being massive douche-bags because you think you're good at NHL. It's not cool, and not acceptable. It makes the whole site look bad when you go into a CB or the forum and see a bunch of tools going at one person. You make this whole community look bad, this whole site look bad, and honestly if @Tris10 ever tried to partner with someone and they spent 2 hours on this site during the day he would probably lose that partnership right away.

You wanna cross the line when it comes to chirping? Go to your local beer league and play in the E division where most of you would play anyway. Chirp there, cross the line there, and see how it goes for you. It's a lot harder to just stop having depression and other mental illness' than it is for you to stop being a complete wanker and be a decent human being.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    iMackie21
  3. TurboYuri

TurboYuri Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +711 / 40 / -82
    zacha add me to the groupme chat

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    iMackie21
  5. Pave1Blacksyuk3

Pave1Blacksyuk3 Washed up

Ratings:
    +206 / 69 / -63
    This thread is long as fuck and I can't read it all but I can get the general flow of it. I'll keep it short.

I deal with chronic depression which is better now, honestly. I'm also an anxious person so I appreciate LG for when I'm not feeling great and I want to escape life for a few hours. I've been on LG since 09. That was 8 years ago. I was 16 years old. I played hockey in HS at that time and I got bullied in HS. LG was an outlet. People chirped but it was way more mild back then. Now people are real vicious sometimes for no reason. I never get too rattled I just log off. I don't deal with people I don't like and if I do end up in a game with dicks i start fucking around then leave the team after..... It's whatever really.

But yeah nobody knows what others are going through on here so unless you're buddies with someone, or you have real ass beef for a real reason, it's probably not wise to tell people to kill themselves, unless you want to go to prison because you were culpable in a suicide.

• Like Like x 3
    NikLidstrom420
  6. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    It's simple really.
    A chirp is telling someone that they're bad at NHL.
    A personal attack is going after their weight, looks, sex life, anything personal because you can't control yourself.

This community has been in a downhill slide, and it's despicable. @Tris10 @LG McDonald @Tiddus LG should just start handing out bans to the people who feel the need to attack someones personal lives, whether it be to make themselves feel better for their own short comings or just because they have the need to be the big bad wolf. It's not acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    iMackie21
  7. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Can we delete this thread? Seriously, it's getting out of hand and it's a waste of time. @Hopestrom just stop. You are not going to change anyone in this league and you will never make a difference in trying to stand up for others. The people on this site could give 2 fucks less who they offend and how they offend. Or even if someone commits suicide over some of the comments they make. If the people don't like being made fun of than they need to quit. I understand that's not how it should be but still. If you want to try and make a difference than start a boycott and have everyone who is offended quit.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    cross_x_check
  8. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Hold on, why do the people getting offended have to quit over the repeat offenders going out of the way to attack people? That makes no sense at all. Like I said it's a lot harder to just decide you don't have mental illness' anymore than it is to be a decent human.

• Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  9. Hopestrom

Hopestrom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 14 / -149
    Sorry- I can't agree to that.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Hopestrom

Hopestrom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 14 / -149
    You can live with it. Others have spoken

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    Personal attacks are one thing.

Using a situation in which a "bad spelling" rating or saying someone talks too much as your inspiration for a site wide purge of all the "mean" people are what's wrong with the community.

Sure, people take things too far. But if you're really going to get upset over a POST RATING ON A WEBSITE then you probably shouldn't be on the website to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  12. Cross_X_Check

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    @Hopestrom @MadeOf21Faces i have bitched the same way you have for almost 2 years and nothing was done to anyone. Maybe if they all quit and people follow then the league will see a difference on losing a few thousand people. 1/10 people are assholes on the site so if there are 3000 people in the league and 2700 people are sick and tired of the bullshit. That leave 300 assholes left. I think the league would care if that many people stood up instead of just you 2. Don't get me wrong I agree with you guys and how people treat others. But at he same time if they are that offended then don't play.

cross_x_check
  13. bMaJuH

bMaJuH Free Agent

Ratings:
    +1,972 / 47 / -79
    The assholes think they're entitled either because they: 1. are good at a fucking video game. 2. think that it doesn't matter because its the internet or 3. take their own life frustrations out in the wrong way. Maybe harsher punishment could be served for stuff like this? I know this isnt going to really change a lot of people but it can help lead to it... and also spreads awareness to the problem. I know @MadeOf21Faces said something similar but say as an example that Tris and Brodie pitched the idea too EA to have a full-time partnership somewhat with LG. If they checked out the website and saw some of the same stuff that we all do on a daily basis... how impressed would they be? Probably wouldn't work out well at all. I know its not the best example but its something to think about.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
  14. Cross_X_Check

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201
    Listen, I agree with what your saying. But until there is an actual partnership or something happen then people will care more. Also some parts of the league staff are very bias.

cross_x_check
  15. Lividpenguin342

Lividpenguin342 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +664 / 72 / -103
    If someone kills themselves over a video game league there was problems wayyyyy before they started gaming and would most likely of commited suicide regardless in other words if you cant handle internet fucktards you should probably put the controller down and seek help. Its literally a fucking game and people need to realize that and not get butthurt over dumb shit

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. bMaJuH

bMaJuH Free Agent

Ratings:
    +1,972 / 47 / -79
    Its not over the game, its the shit said on the game. If someone was on edge and then want an escape and comes here only to get bombarded and ended up actually doing this because of all of the shit they endured that day... you wouldn't care? You are taking this out of context and not even looking at it in the correct context honestly. We all have our opinions so lets agree to disagree.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Don Miguel 33

Don Miguel 33 NHL Series is Bad

Ratings:
    +132 / 15 / -14
    DING DING DING. Most hypocritical post of the year award is undoubtly won by:

What a joke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Lividpenguin342

Lividpenguin342 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +664 / 72 / -103
    Gaming is known for trolls I hope its not a place for escape if you want a place for escape go fishing go golfing play a sport bang a hooker or maybe avoid the trolls and play with friends in club

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. melr0ws

melr0ws NOT DRY

Discord:
    wayshee#2863
    Ratings:
    +432 / 4 / -8
    This post gave me aids. Take your feelings shit and go somewhere else. If you play online video games and cannot take a little hazing or shit being said at you. Dont play or mute that person enough said. That being said, please never write a post again, this is why the NFL is so bad now. Pussafying the game. If you cant take a little chirping and harassment online, then gtfo

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    waysheegoes
  20. sbdr91

sbdr91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 6 / -11
    99% of the people chirping you are deflecting from their own issues. It's internet hockey there is no reason to take anything serious on here because the opinions of virtual nobodies that you don't know should have no reflection on your real life. Fuck, I've probably been chirped more than most and it doesn't effect my life whatsoever. If it did, I woulda jumped off a bridge long ago, shout out to @Duky

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.