We're ALL suspended!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by bill_1492, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Sh0WxOuT x86

Sh0WxOuT x86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    #whysoserious

No Streaming Account
  2. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    I never knew so many people who are that dumb that they can't figure out how to go into the app and take 6 pictures and hit the submit button. Then go online and manually fix the stats that didn't enter properly. The whole thing should take you less than 10 minutes. I have done it a bunch of times and never had a problem. This isn't VHL. It's LG so get used to new things.

No Streaming Account
  3. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    A lot of comments about power trips on this site like the last site... most of the staff running the show on the LG for this league are people from the "Other" league. I wouldn't go around blaming LG as a site, that has nothing to do with it. The system worked in the past before the masses showed up, not sure why it's failing now outside the fact that either people don't understand it yet, or are too lazy to follow it. It's actually a lot easier than manual

No Streaming Account
  4. OzzyNF

OzzyNF Cone extrodinaire

Ratings:
    +378 / 114 / -53
    in their defense ozzyng2, the ocr is far from perfect and the pictures you take must be clear as a bell for the system to read it properly. That being said i would like to offer a tip to the owners of the teams..... Input the score manually but include the pictures as well... because even if the pic is not clear enuf for the app to read its usually plenty clear for a person to read... just a heads up from a guy who had dealings with the ocr last season as the rockets owner..

ozzynf
  5. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    This is no defense...

Everyone is looking at the problem being that one is asked to load a perfect picture and have the stats read 100% if using the OCR. That is not one bit of the issue. It's been told and posted and said til some people (not myself) are blue in the face. There are numerous ways to get a pic and stats in, all which take no more than 10 minutes. People are just refusing to hear them, like your advise. It's an option they've been given for so many scenarios.

6. Yann x44

Yann x44 Washed up QC RD

Discord:
    Yann x44#8823
    Ratings:
    +103 / 11 / -15
    it looks like vhl suspensions ... suspensions for misformatting the line format or posting lines at 5:01 pm on sunday lol

No Streaming Account
  7. Tasoomi

Tasoomi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +220 / 1 / -2
    Iowa Wild management got suspended because iTransitions xbox froze while taking the required photos. Oh well

No Streaming Account
  8. GBeauregard93

GBeauregard93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 8 / -13
    if i was gm i would be screwed cause i cant upload anything to the internet with my 50$ phone

No Streaming Account
  9. jtrim94

jtrim94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jtrim94#4533
    Ratings:
    +215 / 4 / -6
    This is why my team always loses that way we dont get suspended easy fix ?

vezytv1
  10. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 2 / -3
    In the VHL they would always punish quickly, and help new management slowly, or not at all. We can't act surprised if the same thing happens here(not saying it is).

No Streaming Account
  11. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    I got suspended because the winning team did not put in stats like it says in the rules the home team put in stats it ridiculous i always put in stats i even told BMCDONALD about it and he told me to report it and i did just that i should not be suspended when it clearly said in the rule book that the winning team put in stats i did my job all week fck joke. Here the proof of the rule
    Traditionally, its been the responsibility of the winning team to enter stats for both teams. Any player who is scheduled in said game can upload pictures via this system[​IMG]. A predesignated user for each team is responsible for taking the following 6 photos using the OCR. If your team WINS THE GAME, the predesignated user for the pictures/stats for YOUR TEAM would then take the following 6 photos using the OCR. Once again, if you win[​IMG]the game, your OCR for that game must take the following 6 photos using the OCR. If you lose the game, your predesignated user for the OCR DOESN'Thave to upload photos for that game. See below for the 6 photos that need to be taken using the OCR:

xspezzal19lx
  12. MAXiMiliAN VII

MAXiMiliAN VII aka MaxMANDiiNGO

Ratings:
    +390 / 0 / -0
    no. These suspensions are all wrong.

When a a professor gives an exam and all the students fail, it's the professor who fucked up. The OCR is new to most people. But honestly I like the old fashioned way of doing it. Unless people are inputting incorrect stats, this mandatory photograph shit should be dropped. It's not a convince if it's inconvenient. It doesn't add to the legitimacy of the stats unless people are putting in false stats. In which case they should get the boot anyway.

I tried to to use it this week using my phone and the UI was totally broken, I had no idea if it was working or not working. And I'm no dummy when it comes to tech.

No Streaming Account
  13. GiveMeDaPuck

GiveMeDaPuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 3 / -24
    Take the 6 pictures and then just input the stats manually? Seems to me there's a lot of over reaction...good news is its only week 1 and everyone can work on avoiding these issues for week 2

GiveMeDaPuck
  14. MAXiMiliAN VII

MAXiMiliAN VII aka MaxMANDiiNGO

Ratings:
    +390 / 0 / -0
    How situations are supposed to play out is like this:

The BOG makes rulings. Clearly teams have not followed the rules. In this sense the Suspensions are valid.

This is where I hope the Commissioners step in and say, Yes they broke rules... but SO MANY people broke them that it demonstrates a clear gap in understanding of what the League's expectations are where this is concerned.

The OCR is a brilliant Idea. It's brilliant tech. But like all software requires constant refinement. In this case from a UI standpoint, and also from a functional one. Tris has said this week that he has fixed it. Clearly it was understood that people where having difficulties. And I would be surprised that someone as good at programming as him would stop there. But it does show that problems where known, so you have to expect that it could effect its use.

Given those two factors I hope the Commissioners will suspend the sentence's. Which means they will not enforce the suspension, unless a repeat offense occurs in which case they would enforce the original sentence and what ever secondary suspensions have occurred.

Things like this have happened before, when 2/3 of VHL management was suspended for not meeting the Leagues formatting standards for Posting Lines at the deadline.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  15. PardonMyJake

PardonMyJake Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jake.44#0
    Ratings:
    +1,291 / 4 / -14
    12 different teams had mgmt suspended and some of them may have not been for OCR even but in reality is using 2 ECUs that big of a deal? Obviously 18 other people got it right, I could see something being changed if 20+ people had problems but there is no reason the minority of mgmt teams should have their suspensions revoked, especially Iowa ;) , because they didn't do something right with the stats or had problems with the stats. Read the constitution and this will never be a problem. I had a game where we had 4 ECUs playing and 2 roster players without smart phones and I just asked the other mgmt team if they could take pictures for me before the game and they kindly obliged (Thanks St. Johns)

No Streaming Account
  16. Tasoomi

Ratings:
    +220 / 1 / -2
    I have no problem taking my suspension. I just wanted to post what happened because it is extremely unfortunate.

No Streaming Account
  17. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    I only read the first page of this thread, forgive me if its been said.

It is a 1 game suspension. Very minor in the grand scheme, it does suck and it makes things a little more difficult on the penalized teams, but their is a need to make sure every1 knows what is expected right from the get go.
    If its not done out of the gate, it becomes hard to implement it(fairly).

carry on.

No Streaming Account
  18. PardonMyJake

PardonMyJake Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jake.44#0
    Ratings:
    +1,291 / 4 / -14
    Oh no I understand completely I was just poking fun at you guys.

No Streaming Account
  19. Tasoomi

Ratings:
    +220 / 1 / -2
    You know I just like to bitch about stuff like this because it always happens to me. Conspiracy, I think so!!!

No Streaming Account
  20. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Yes.

I believe the app can be downloaded onto your tablet, that appears to be the easiest way to do the stat duty.

if not you can take the pics and put them into the sites stats system manually(via input score).

No Streaming Account