We're ALL suspended!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by bill_1492, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Vettese09

Vettese09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Next time put in a picture of a naked dude, I bet they will like that better than the stats.

No Streaming Account
  2. ittozziloP

ittozziloP Hashtag Big Three

Ratings:
    +365 / 57 / -37
    Just remember, everyone thought VHL was unsinkable and it went down midseason, overnight. You can call it season 17 all you want but 75% of the players here came here to escape petty shit like this. I appreciate the platform you have for 6s hockey, but you're trying to turn a video game into a tangible thing. There will always be 6s hockey available, you could literally run a league thru google docs if u needed. The league needs its players, NOT the other way around. Stop living vicariously through your BaP player for a second and look at all the drama after just 1 week in Season 1*.

No Streaming Account
  3. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    I just like to point out something. I work at Walmart, the whole "cheap digital camera thing" doesn't exactly help. The cheapest camera I've seen is like $74 before taxes. If you guys want to point me in the direction of someone who volunteered to help the LGAHL out that will spend $74+, please do. (Before anyone responds to this, yeah I get that anyone in the game can enter stats, but not everyone has a smart-phone or a camera. And yeah I do realize some places may sell them cheaper)

I'd also like to point out that some people are new to the OCR, can't expect everyone to get it right the first time around. That's like putting someone who's never been on a bike before on a bike and telling them if they fall they're done. As Max said almost half the GMs clearly had a problem with this, a mass suspension isn't gonna fix anything. All it's gonna do is cause threads like this.

We're all here to play 6s hockey. Strict rules puts a huge damper on that. If stats are in, then stats are in. It shouldn't really matter HOW they got in, all that really matters is the correct stats being put in. If you suspect someone is stat padding, then you approach them and ask them to begin uploading pictures with their game stats as-well. Forcing teams to take pictures of everything instead of just inputting the stats and calling it a night seems a bit out there. Like I said, some guys are familiar with the read it from the screen and type it in option which takes like 3 minutes (depending on if your game had to keep restarting and you gotta add it up.)

Anyways, suspending 40% of the GMs a game after the first week seems a bit extreme. A lot of people saying "wow it's only one game" should probably realize the playoff races sometimes comes down to one game.

Anyways what's done is done, guys being suspended because their Xbox froze (I mean, they tend to do that) or the other team didn't put their stats in blows. Hopefully these get over-turned and someone talks to the people who had some troubles with the system.

iMackie21
  4. PardonMyJake

PardonMyJake Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jake.44#0
    Ratings:
    +1,291 / 4 / -14
    While I agree with most of what you said the OCR being new to people is not a valid excuse to not suspend someone because OCR is not mandatory and if the mgmt team was fulfilling their role correctly they would have known about this.

Also it is not true that the winning team HAS to take the pictures, if a problem arises and team A is compiled of ECU's or people without the proper technology it is very likely that someone on team B has the capability to do so and proper communication between mgmt teams can solve many problems.

No Streaming Account
  5. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
  6. Jon Clink 96

Jon Clink 96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 14 / -17
    Pictures can lie as easily as text ever hear of photoshop. I used to run Vs. tournaments and had the guy from Gamebattles at the time in one who was the highest ranked NHL player there for the longest time. I caught him cheating by posting Photoshopped pictures. I caught it by looking at player hub but for 6s you can't find proof online. Pictures can easily be edited to tell whatever. If you lie about your stats in an xbox league you need to rethink your life and the kind of person you are. For now if the rules are in place then why so much surprise for not following them. Argue them before you break them not after.

No Streaming Account
  7. John l27l

John l27l S26 San Jose Sharks RD

Ratings:
    +213 / 8 / -12
    Seriously, All we can do about that is serving our suspension and move on about this.. I'm also pissed off about getting suspended but what can i do now ? I was supposed to play Sunday but now i will be able to watch full Super Bowl :) No matter what,I will ask my team to take pictures Winning or losing so that way no more suspensions..

Great Season everybody

J0hNxl27l
  8. sicka moose

sicka moose Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1 / -0
    actually VHL went down over a course of time behind the scenes. we all knew the rules before we joined, and took management so whats the point that is trying to be made make the higher ups feel like shit for people not following rules etc? i get people might have been wrongfully suspended or shoudnt have been suspended for various reasons but the fact of the matter is it clearly states 6 pictures from winning team etc so if the other teams gms could get it done properly why cant the ones who were suspended do so aswell?

sickamoose
  9. W1kd84

W1kd84 Former Call of Duty 1 and 2 PC Pro Team Verb

Discord:
    W1kd84#6929
    Ratings:
    +267 / 22 / -101
    Oh what people are getting suspended in a online league....Well guess what we have like 10 leagues that you can play in. If crap like this continues all I have to do is go hey I quit and find another website that will let me play. It really is that simple.

w1kd__84
  10. x G R E N I E R

x G R E N I E R G

Ratings:
    +44 / 6 / -3
    There's some rule to make this league funnier, for everyone I think everyone has something to take a picture in their house. Rule are a part of our society, c'mon.

Bobma12
  11. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I will take the time to touch on all theses issues :

Warnings

The only reason why there was a preseason was to allow MGT to remove inactive players and to get used to the systems in place.

OCR

That was posted by Tris10, Jan 18-2014(The day before pre-season)

The orange section stats the winning team takes pictures as well as stats for their team.

The second orange sections states that management have the ability edit stats in the front office.

This post from tris is considered a procedure. The procedures are in place to help MGT do their jobs correctly.

This post ALSO states using the OCR is NOT mandatory. Pictures are MANDATORY.

That quote is from me out of Article Seven : The Rule Book, Section 4.7

It states very very clearly in orange both teams are responsible for ensuring their stats are correct.

The constitution is the only thing players/manager can be suspended for.

This section was posted by me Jan 12-2014. It was recently updated to ONLY change the deadlines to make it more fair for MGT.

The dates, on both those documents have clearly shown that MGT was given the correct information in advance to theses suspensions. Pre-season was the freebie.

Management has a responsibility to ensure their job is done correctly, and if you think about the #1 reason why players play here is they want to be a part of a competitive 6v6 league. In most situations personal stats are important. Accurate game scores are important. That is why pictures are required. That is simple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First time? Is that a legit excuse for not reading what is required of you as a GM? This has nothing to do with power man. I don't do this and put the amount of time and effort into this league because I need a power trip. I do it because I enjoy running a fair online hockey league.

I run into burning buildings for a living, once in awhile I get to save a person's life. That is all the "Power" I need to feel in my life man.

This maybe why you were suspended dude. The answers to all that was posted almost three weeks ago.

The only difference is the winning team will input all pictures, since the ocr can not handle both side putting pictures in.

You are correct and I do not expect GMs to have those things.

The pictures do NOT have to be 100%. They just need to be there Also players have the ability to input pictures for GMs, therefore someone must have the pictures.

40% isn't exactly half, yes they are knew but they also had the opportunity to use the systems suspension free during the pre-season, MGT was provided training and step by step how to's before the systems were in place, and you wont be suspended at all, you are a small piece in the puzzle that makes up this league, say what you'd like.

VHL doesn't exist anymore. This is also you commenting on something that you are not fulling informed on as well. Rules are rules, Management get to see the rules and make suggestions prior to the season start. Therefore they all took MGT and agreed to the rules posted.

But I will agree I never was a fan of the format BS, I want that out ASAP.

Sounds like a bad experience. But if anything I think I spend more time educating MGT, than I do with GF.

You are correct I did consider this but a majority of teams were NOT suspended. What is fair? Punish those who follow the rules, or punish those who do not? This isn't a personal thing for me at all, what was done was fair. No arguement can be made there.

Rules were changed moving forward. I have spent this week at car accident, at a garage fire, on a 24 shift, and glued to my computer trying to make things as clear as possible for MGT before week two starts.

You can lead a horse to water by you can not make him drink.

I agree 100% and I also am pleased to hear a losing team had enough class to assist.

you seem to be mislead again in regards to info you are talking about. Drama? I do not see drama, I see MGT who are upset they made a mistake and got suspended for it. Do I blame them? Nope. Is my decision personal? Not a chance.

Hope this clears some stuff up. Sorry for the inconvenience but the rules are the rules, and staff has a job to do.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. MLGesusl92l

MLGesusl92l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    Actually my management was suspended because the person who told us they were going to take pictures only took a picture of our game stats. Thanks though. :)

No Streaming Account
  13. MAXiMiliAN VII

MAXiMiliAN VII aka MaxMANDiiNGO

Ratings:
    +390 / 0 / -0
    Pre-season helps with removing inactive's. But most teams have guys who are... shall we say partially active? The guys who show up half the time, not enough to remove them but not enough to have hope for them lol. Takes a few more weeks for that.

It does clear things up. No need to apologize either. I think the League has done a good job sorting the entire thing out.

No Streaming Account
  14. MisterBionic

MisterBionic MisterBionic

Ratings:
    +125 / 1 / -4
    That's still on you to educate your players properly

mr3ionic
  15. MLGesusl92l

MLGesusl92l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    Cool story bro :grin:

No Streaming Account
  16. VVeber l6l

VVeber l6l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Everyone is soooooo angry...

l7l_tank_l5l
  17. CrazyRonIsHere

CrazyRonIsHere Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +314 / 0 / -1
    The rules are what makes this league what it is. It is why this league (and the "other" one we all left) were the most successful leagues around. People want the most competitive yet fair environment. Is everything 100% perfect all the time? No, but we are certainly the closest to achieving that.

No Streaming Account
  18. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Definitely my favourite thread so far this season.

No Streaming Account
  19. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I won't repost it again but the constitution states stats are ultimately managements responsibility.

It is unfortunate what happened to you but you are still responsible for ensuring your players are doing things correctly.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  20. EricE30

EricE30 -------

Ratings:
    +1,550 / 24 / -63
    #fail

There is no or ARE NOT any other site/league that holds this level of competition, this level of amazing site work, and most importantly THIS COMMUNITY!

fuckin grand rapper griffins dumb as fuck..all of em

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    No Streaming Account