WOW

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Guest, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it just me or is there no pass D in this game?

its starting to wear on my nerves

2. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, they seemed to have really dumbed down the DB AI this season, and the QB spy doesn't work either.

WR's seem to catch pretty much everything, even in double or triple coverage. It gets really frustrating sometimes.

No Streaming Account
  3. Junk69

Junk69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Passing is not my strength for sure but I find it challenging in 2K5. I know the Redskins pass D is an improvement on my old team. I do notice a lot more big strikes then in the previous game though.

No Streaming Account
  4. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I think it is going to be a frustrating year no matter what game we play then, NCAA dropped passes, ESPN no pass D.

No Streaming Account
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    except the chiefs WR who cant catch anything lol.

There are like 4 teams with good secondarys and 28 with junk.

but heres my real problem.

The only counter to those deep balls besides intercepting them manually is to get to the Qb fast.

I get blitzed and my O line just lets guys through to sack me really fast quite often which i dont mind I can counter that. But they took the only play I had for getting preasure on QB out of the playbook and I cannot put any preassure on the QB now. Ive tired every blitz and who ever I play has a free run at going deep on me now.

Maybe Ted Or someone has some advice for me or are the chiefs just too shitty to get preassue on the QB?

6. Junk69

Junk69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Aree you blitzing more than one man? If I try to blitz up the middle with one guy he is always picked up. My best success has been to blitz one man from each side of the line and then I take a DE and swim/club to the QB.

No Streaming Account
  7. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just as a word of warning, and I'm not pro ESPN or Madden, but the Official Xbox Magazine's review of Madden says that "Madden's AI is generally solid, but still way too susceptible to an aggressive passing attack."

In other words, for the NFL this might just be the standard this season :?

No Streaming Account
  8. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Only time I've seen a cruddy pass D is when I played MP. I threw to Koren Robinson three or four times in triple coverage and he caught it everytime.

I haven't had too much difficulty defending the pass though. Only time is if I forget to cover somone.

No Streaming Account
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im thinking its just the pass rush rating of my LB's and DB's

I'll send them on the edge like I used to with NE and they will take the most ~*~* route to the QB ever and get caught up in traffic every time.

I try posistioning them manually to help out and they just go on even stranger lines.

Heres my last 5 games have gone. Im up 14 points after the half and my opponent realizes he cant run the ball on me so he starts throwing. 1 quarter later were in an all out offensive battle because I cant get any preassure and he is now throwing at will. Whoever he sees in single coverage he throws too and no matter how good of posistion my DB is in its usually caught.

I hate rushing the QB manually because its more fun to play DB but Im thinking I may have to start.

10. striker3771

striker3771 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. Ive been playing this game against a few buddies and its a lot easier to pass this year. They toned down the running, but screwed up the pass defense.

No Streaming Account
  11. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From what I remember in playing ESPN NFL 2K5, the pass D sucked. Playing MP with time running out, I am bombing balls into triple coverage to avoid the sack, and he is catching it everytime.

Then on MP's 13 yard line, I throw a strike to Jerry Rice it goes right through his back and he cathces it.

:roll:

No Streaming Account
  12. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do play with Colts... 72 overal defenense....

No Streaming Account
  13. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If only we could trust these magazine reviews. All of them are into someone else's pockets. Looking at the screen shots from this month's magazine made me not-resubscribe for another year. They have NFL 2k5 and Madden 2005 on opposite pages from each other, but the Madden screenshot looks like they took it from a PS1 version on a 9" TV and the ESPN one looks about 10x sharper. I'm expecting ESPN to have sharper graphics due to the fact that it was built for the XBox first, then ported (rather than PS2 first like EA does) but the difference in the magazine made it look like they were 5 years apart on graphics. I've pretty much lost all respect for these gaming rags. Year's ago they used to be fairly objective, but now they just give good reviews to whatever company pays the most.

No Streaming Account
  14. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree they are a bad magazine as I just stated something similar on another site and also they are horrible with the screenshots on every game. They blow the picture up way too much to where it's nothing but jaggies. Let's be honest too. The graphics on NCAA look pretty bad when compared to ESPN. I love NCAA and can't get enough of it though so that doesn't really have anything to do with it. Kind of funny though that those pictures are what put you off of the magazine when you yourself say that graphics in games don't really matter after a game or two and it's all about the gameplay (which again, I agree).

Having said all that, Madden's big fault every year, at least to me, was that it was easy to get the big pass play whenever needed. Again, I'm not for ESPN nor Madden as I'm getting them both this year. I just think it's something that's going to be across the board this football season and we'll need to accept it.

P.S. While I agree Xbox magazine is pretty bad, they did give the games pretty comparable scores of 9.1 for Madden and a 9.3 for ESPN.

No Streaming Account
  15. Ted Danson

Ted Danson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've started controlling the CBs assigned to the opponent's best receiver when I call man coverage. To be honest, blitzing scares the hell out of me so I try not to do it often. It's just too easy to get burnt with single man coverage. You could try sending your DB's into "off" coverage maybe. I've also found that predicting inside or outside routes and adjusting your DBs appropriately helps a little bit. But yes, I do agree that simple fly routes are tough to defend against... my only advice I guess is when you predict a pass, control the nearest DB and cover the receiver as best you can. If you're playing against someone who you know likes to whore a certain receiver (Eagles' Owens for example), call zone coverage, assign the DB whose zone is nearest that receiver to man coverage, and control another DB and also cover him. Double-teaming in this fashion can be effective, but does create more holes in the zone. But some people are too ignorant and will try to get the ball to the now double-teamed receiver anyway.

I dunno, I could just be rambling. :)

I agree though, I get frustrated with the pass D at times too. It's much tougher than it was in 2k4, but I feel that we just have to learn it anew. And, even though it may now be tougher, I think on a whole it makes for a better game.

No Streaming Account
  16. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    True true, but the screenshots they used were vastly different in quality. Unsuspecting/uneducated consumers might see that and want ESPN because they they think Madden is going to have severe jaggies.

EA's graphics are a little behind in terms of what Sega is doing, but I think most of that is due to it's PS2 roots. Even so, the majority of what you're looking at (zoomed out camera) these games haven't changed much graphically from that view in years. The close up stuff and replays have come a long long way, but the actual camera that we use to play the game, all of these angled/overhead sports games (hockey/football primarily) make the players look like sprites.

Speaking of magazine review corruption, I was reading somewhere else about a bunch of former editors from one of the big websites or game mags admitting that they pretty much gave reviews based on how much advertising revenue they got from each company. I wish I could find where I read that...

No Streaming Account
  17. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that would be an interesting read for sure. It's really a shame that that is happening. Everything seems to revolve around money nowadays :(

No Streaming Account
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I been trying those things Ted but without any preassure on the QB (I MEAN ZERO with KC) I am getting hammered when I have the lead.

Used to be with Dime odd I could blitz both LB's and just control one for pass defense and let the other one go around the edge and you would be forced to throw before 2 days had passed.

I dunno cuz I played a guy he was the Titans I belive and he blitz bullock every god damn play and I couldnt do a freaking thing to counter it besides run up the middle. Bullock (or however its spelled) would get through every time untouched

19. Junk69

Junk69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Ahhhh....a D lesson from someone I know can play D!

*runs away to practice Coach Danson's theory*

No Streaming Account
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    GRRRR
    just ran into another blitz machine

he was the ravens and he called the same D every down but the blitz came from the weak side every time for some reason. 2k4 I would slant for a TD until he called something besides bear weak side blitz and beat this dipstick by 50 but now I dunno if its the chiefs WR's or what but that doesnt work.

I dont like losing to a dumbass that calls the same D every play all game thats embearassing. :(

Ended up losing 20-10

I think Im too used to bullet passing everything and thats why I get a lot of drops now I dunno.