World Juniors Team Draft Breakdown

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming World Jr Championship (LGWJC PSN)' started by TuckItTeal, Aug 26, 2022.

1. TuckItTeal

TuckItTeal Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tuckitteal#0
    Ratings:
    +845 / 92 / -215
    With some inspiration from @Chooch780 to tell me to cover the World Juniors, I'll cover what I thought was each team's best/worst draft pick based on where the player was picked and the value of the player and an overall Draft Grade similar to what @x_Makar_7 did for his CHL Writeups. Please don't get triggered, if I say you're the worst pick, I am not insulting or trying to knock down anybody, just giving my opinion on the picks. I also understand for a lot of you, this is your first step to management and I didn't even have a big World Juniors run when I ran in Season 14 it was my learning rope to understanding what managing is in LG.

Team Austria:
    Owner: @DeeFroster
    GM: @Glimi-1
    AGM: @Traxxonwaxx
    Best Pick: @LxBrinkk
    I think Brink is great value at 96th overall, I think he's a solid RW that can put the puck in the back of the net and I think he will bring a lot of value for them.
    Worst Pick: @jasonw1978
    I don't think he's a bad player but I think that 45th overall is a bit too high for him and thought he could've been taken later.
    My Thoughts: I think this team went a lot with decent players on offence and their defence isn't too shabby as well. I really like @MadLuigi_Qc pick and they have some decent pieces on this team and could finish decently well.
    Draft Grade: C+

Team Canada:
    Owner: @xXHAYDEN70Xx
    GM: @Kiprusxff34
    AGM: @Lapensse182
    Best Pick: @Berrakov
    I think Berrakov should've easily been in the top 5 discussions of this World Juniors draft and they snagged him at 18 which is incredible value for this team. If it weren't for this pick, I would've said that @FLOWSOCLEAN at 83 was a steal itself and @Co-Kane88 very late was also great value.
    Worst Pick: @xx-_-Venom-
    I think this pick was pretty bad for being at 49th overall, if Lapensse wanted his friend on his team, I think he would've been available in the later rounds but at least you ensured a friend being on the team.
    My Thoughts: I think Canada got some really good high-end draft picks in @TheSoftCookie and @Berrakov and some solid picks on defence in @Corbett_11 and @FLOWSOCLEAN and I would say @NuttyOutlaw13 late was also a solid pick.
    Draft Grade: B

Team Czech Republic:
    Owner: @ShadowSlayer2204
    GM: @sevinski
    AGM: @Lou-Sainiss
    Best Pick: @Jaylude
    I think grabbing Jaylude at 101st overall was a steal, he's a solid center and a great dude and I think he will have a big impact on this team. You could also say that @ItzRoachyy at 121th overall and @Method018 as the last pick of the World Juniors were steals.
    Worst Pick: @Ur_Huckleberry06
    This could be a really bad choice for Worst Pick, but I think for a Goalie who has never played in LG, you could've waited to make this pick later and grabbed someone else.
    My Thoughts: I think the Czech had a great draft, they have a solid defence and they look well balanced on the offence, they should be a solid team, especially with #1 Overall Pick @Felic5 leading the way.
    Draft Grade: B+

Team Finland:
    Owner: @Chiken-biskit
    GM: @Tangelis
    AGM: @RarryxxVX

Best Pick: @HOLYxHAWKEYE
    I think getting a 70+ point winger at 89th overall is a great pick and I thought he would've been taken earlier, but they grab themselves a stud in Hawkeye. @TactualOne976 is also a stud, all depends on if he will be available. @PhillyXGhost53 is also a great forward and had great value at 53.
    Worst Pick: @eXecuti0n80
    Execution is a very good player, my problem is where they took and it was at 9th overall and I thought that was too high for him.
    My thoughts: I think the defence is a question but the offence has some decent pieces and the goalies are pretty solid, questionable and great picks all around the draft make this a hard one to grade.
    Draft Grade: C

Team Germany:
    Owner: @DillyTheCrumb
    GM: @mcanadiens24
    AGM: @Lewangoalskiii
    Best Pick: @PL3KY68
    I think Pleky at 114th overall is very good value, he's a solid scorer who will put the puck in the back of the net and it's a very solid addition. I like a lot of these picks that they made and especially with getting @MoXaM1129 with their last pick as well.
    Worst Pick: @King_Formless
    I don't think he's necessarily a bad pick, I have to pick somebody and I think he could've slipped further since not many people knew about him, but they got their guy.
    My Thoughts: I think their defence is one of the better groups in the league, @mcanadiens24, @xSalda-, @sohndehr, @Lewangoalskiii and @Erikson23 make a very good group of defenseman and it should be hard to score against them.
    Draft Grade: A-

Team Latvia:
    OwneriTzDeezNutz-
    GM: @Hurricanes0420
    AGM: @Redwingking
    Best Pick: @Speakthesublime
    I may be a little biased here since he's a good friend, but I think 58th is great for him, he will be a solid scorer for this team, he does the simple things very well and 57th overall was good value for him.
    Worst Pick: @Dylagan23
    I just think taking Dylagan this high at 17th overall when you had Berrakov and plenty of other great players that slid right behind him that would've been much better picks
    My Thoughts: I think @Griffdog79, @BucketOfPucks and @AJota1112 are great pieces that will make this team competitive and they had some questionable picks, I think the defence isn't very good and it'll have to be on the offence to carry the load of this team.
    Draft Grade: C-

Team Slovakia:
    Owner: @LewlAmYourFather
    GM: @Mr_SiMMER
    AGM: @Abc6171992
    Best Pick: @TorLeaf-67
    I think for 102nd overall, this is a great pick, TorLeaf is always a solid player at any position and I think he could've been taken earlier and even as a recognizable name he fell to 102 and you grabbed a solid player. @SMASHVILLE59_ was also a great late pick and should be solid for them even if it's on defence.
    Worst Pick: @vMinsky35-
    I don't think Minsky is a bad player once again, but like a lot of these high draft picks, I think they were just taken way too high and for absolutely no reason. Minsky is also playing defence and he only has 3 career CHL games on defence at RD and that is what makes this pick questionable and at #2 that is just way too high. @Keeper0386 I think was also way too high to take him at 19 and would've been available in the late rounds if you wanted to grab your friend.
    My Thoughts: The team looks decent but no big pieces, there's no particular name that stands out and this may be a group I could be sleeping on but I'm not very high on this team personally.
    Draft Grade: D+

Team Sweden:
    Owner: @Vrain91
    GM: @BarDownBarzal_13
    AGM: @DesireSolaR
    Best Pick: @Tho92mp19son
    I have no idea how he fell to 64, but for the value at 64 overall, this was fantastic value as he was one of the better CHL defensemen and you get to have an incredible defence with @franknbeans776 and @Frody410 who are great defensemen. @M-L-N93 was also a great pick for one of the last picks, he's a solid player and should be able to contribute.
    Worst Pick: @TantBerit
    This is easily their worst pick, how do you pick a guy who's never played any LG Games and doesn't have great club stats at 26th overall, when you could've waited until the later rounds once again to pick him up? Just a very questionable pick and missed on plenty of great players afterwards.
    My thoughts: I think they have one of the better defensive and goaltending groups in the entire tournament, My problem will be if they will have enough depth past the Barzal line to be able to score enough to help them lead along the way.
    Draft Grade: B+

Team Switzerland:
    Owner: @Damorien
    GM: @MNxWILDx
    AGM: @K_Lemieux66
    Best Pick: @lx_kane88_xl
    I have still no idea how Kane fell to 71st overall as he may be one of the best players in this entire tournament and he falls to 71. He's had a great season going 19-4-0 and he has all the talent to succeed. I wouldn't have questioned any of these teams if they took him in the top 5-10 range at all.
    Worst Pick: @dj_kreation
    I don't think DJ is an undraftable player at all, but I do think that the spot he was drafted in was pretty high, especially at 51st overall when better players were selected right after him which makes this pick questionable.
    My Thoughts: I think this was one of the best drafts in the entire tournament, they look like one of the more balanced teams in the entire tournament and one of the most fun teams.
    Draft Grade: A

Team USA:
    Owner: @Habs3105
    GM: @Heedlessjem420
    AGM: @Diggi8469
    Best Pick: @IAmGruetz
    I think this is their best pick as Gruetz is one of the better players in this tournament and it's not a bad pick to get him as high as 8, he would've been picked later afterwards I believe and he will make a big impact for this USA Team.
    Worst Pick: @DaBears_2323
    Once again, these picks are all about being able to get your guy in later rounds and not very early at 48, especially when he's just on a TC and could've been sleeping on. I love you as well but @kingprather you were taken way too high but you deserved to be drafted for sure, you're a solid Goalie.
    My Thoughts: I'm not extremely impressed or down on this team, they have the potential to make noise or the potential to be bad, but this team should be fun to watch. I'm excited to see how @iiBxrzxl13 does as he is a solid player despite the hate he may get from his ego around the league and 28th isn't bad value for him considering they were worse players that went before him in this draft.
    Draft Grade: C+

I don't know if i'll be covering this much more, but i gave my thoughts on what i thought about the draft and i hope everybody enjoyed it. If you weren't mentioned , I can't mention every single player on the team or this article would take too much time. If you're also mad about being mentioned as the "Worst Pick", it is not personal and it's just strictly about what i think your value should've been in this draft. If you enjoyed, make sure to let me know and any ideas i could've maybe done better!

Teal

• Like x 7
    • Winner x 6
    • Dumb x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. MNxWILDx

MNxWILDx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MNxWILDx#1515
    Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -9
    Awesome write up Teal! I really hope Sweden knows Tantberit because we literally gave him every chance in the world to scout for us and he missed 4 sessions with the excuse that he would fall asleep, when all of our scouting games were during what will be WJC game times… just hope a team doesn’t get burned. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. Damorien

Damorien I'm a legend in my spare time.

Discord:
    Damorien#9582
    Ratings:
    +191 / 8 / -31
    Solid review dude. Was a good read and very insightful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    Damorien
  4. I Minsky I

I Minsky I CHL Staff

Discord:
    iminskyi#0
    Ratings:
    +153 / 8 / -106
    Finally someone recognizes how bad of a pick I was at 2. Lmao

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    vMinsky35
  5. xSalda-

xSalda- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    saldamane#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 18 / -61
    Great article man was a great read thank you

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. McC x 45

McC x 45 I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve

Ratings:
    +508 / 66 / -314
    Everyone realized it bro, except for the managers of your team.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. KingFormless

KingFormless Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +601 / 50 / -50
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Fethdar

Fethdar Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Fethdar#4854
    Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -22
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Fethdar
  9. TuckItTeal

Discord:
    tuckitteal#0
    Ratings:
    +845 / 92 / -215
    I think you could've been grabbed later, you clearly didn't read this as i've stated to not get mad about if you were deemed "Worst Pick" and not a knock on your playing ability but on the value at where you were taken

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. TuckItTeal

Discord:
    tuckitteal#0
    Ratings:
    +845 / 92 / -215
    I have no idea who he is aswell and knowing this from you makes the pick even more questionable

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. I Minsky I

I Minsky I CHL Staff

Discord:
    iminskyi#0
    Ratings:
    +153 / 8 / -106
    Even better

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    vMinsky35
  12. KingFormless

KingFormless Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +601 / 50 / -50
    My time to shine. LGs most passionate player will once again find glory.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. I Minsky I

I Minsky I CHL Staff

Discord:
    iminskyi#0
    Ratings:
    +153 / 8 / -106
    No way in hell I should’ve gone anywhere near the 1st or 2nd round and that’s a fact @McC x 45

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    vMinsky35
  14. FireBolt9188

FireBolt9188 FireBolt

Discord:
    FireBolt9188#7918
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You should’ve made another section for me called team FireBolt

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. nicholas08chick

nicholas08chick Penn State Senior

Discord:
    nicholas08chick8#4873
    Ratings:
    +232 / 53 / -72
    Great read! I expect my boy @ShadowSlayer2204 to win it all with Czech. Good luck to all the teams!

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    nicholas08chick
  16. mcanadiens24

mcanadiens24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +201 / 7 / -18
    Tantberit is actually quite skilled, but he does live in Sweden.

As for Formless on our end, he’s an nhl caliber player. We made sure we got our guy.

• Winner Winner x 1
    mcanadiens24
  17. Lapensee182

Lapensee182 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Surprisingly the two picks you gave us credit for were my doing, and the Venom pick wasn't I 100% wanted him on the team, but I agree (and I'm sure he will as well) that I'd have taken him later in the draft

lapensee182
  18. Le_Homie_Yosh22

Le_Homie_Yosh22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Le_Homie_Yosh22#7101
    Ratings:
    +252 / 16 / -84
    Thanks for the write-up!

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. iibxrzxl13

iibxrzxl13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    iiBxrzxl13#4150
    Ratings:
    +131 / 35 / -58
    Clutchkinq at 23 a reach

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    in MENU
    iibxrzxl13
  20. TuckItTeal

Discord:
    tuckitteal#0
    Ratings:
    +845 / 92 / -215
    Bascially what i said, i didn't really think you had any bad picks but i thought maybe he would've been available in the 40-50 range, solid team you guys drafted!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account