wooohooo

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by tristenlog, Sep 7, 2003.

1. tristenlog

tristenlog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what a game by my second fav team :fsf: with garcia greatness and it reminds me the old garcia when he played with calgary stamps :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  2. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How bout Kurt Warner what a day for him, how about that Jon? 6 fumbles, a pick, and how many sacks. Not good news, I am calling my cousins in St. Louis about this all tomarrow, since they always give us grief, since we moved from worse to worsed. (Minnesota-->Arizona) But it looks like the Vikes are a little better this year.

No Streaming Account
  3. Junk69

Junk69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Daunte looked pretty good today. Keeping fingers crossed.

Thats funny tristenlog, I'm originally from Calgary and had season tickets when Flutie and then Garcia played there.

No Streaming Account
  4. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeh, Daunte did look good, so did the Vikes D.

No Streaming Account
  5. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Technically, he had only 3 lost fumbles, and alot of them weren't his fault (bad snap, pitch to Marshall that was dropped, etc) but even so he did put the ball on the ground 6 times.

I (and most of the local callers this morning on AM radio) place the blame squarely on Mike Martz. This guy seemed to be the one with the concussion. He had a chance to pull within 7pts with a 40 something yard in the 4th quarter but instead went for it on 4th and long. They got the ball back and again went for a 4th in long when they could have tried a FG and pulled within a 7pts.

That's not the worst of it though, his playcalling yesterday was a joke. Faulk had only 9 RUSHES! This looked like a repeat of last year, where Martz pulled the same crap early and didn't use Marshall. It took him 6 straight losses to figure it out and finally started giving his MVP running back the ball at least 20-25 times for rushes.

What was additionally horrible about the playcalling, is that he was constantly calling 4 and 5 WR sets, and would leave no protection for Warner other than his offensive line. When a TE or FB would come in, they'd call a play for them to peal off into the flat or run a slant route.... instead of protect the QB.

Even with all of those things going against Warner, including a concussion early in the 1st quarter, he still managed 342yds passing and only threw 1 interception in 54 attempts (and the INT was due to his rookie WR stumbling and messing up a timing route, not really a bad throw).

Bulger is starting this Sunday against the Niners, but I doubt he'll fair any better unless Martz goes back to using Faulk, running the ball, and getting some protection in his backfield.

He calls his games like he's playing a video game or something. Pass pass pass pass pass, don't punt, don't kick a FG, pass pass pass, waste your timeouts, pass.

No Streaming Account
  6. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeh, they were talking about that now, and I am only giving you crap cuz my cousins have always given me crap, but yah Marx is an idiot, he knew there was something wrong with Warner but he did nothing. And you think your pissed that Faulk didnt touch the ball more, I had him as my #1 pick for Fantasy and it doesnt help me much, as MP is prolly gonna beat me now, that and f*cking McAfferey either didnt play or got no catches.

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Martz said that the medical staff cleared him to play, so that's why he continued on in the game.

Faulk as the #1 overall pick? You dummy. :D

I had him 6th on all of my lists (5 drafts) and didn't get him in any leagues.

No Streaming Account
  8. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No I am not a dummy, he is a triple threat havent you seen those Direct TV commercials or do you have something different. But he is an awesome player as long as they get him the ball.

No Streaming Account