WJC Uniform Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming World Jr Championship (LGWJC)' started by Bicktacular, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Bicktacular

Bicktacular Dolphin Movement Founding Member

Discord:
    bicktacular#0
    Ratings:
    +578 / 10 / -23
    I'm a self-professed jersey snob. Be it in real life or messing around in NHL 20's create a team feature, I get a hard-on for a good uniform. During the LG season, there isn't any room for uniform creativity unless you took over a team whose prior owners refuse to hand over the club. However in WJC, managers have the opportunity to create patriotic works of art for their adopted homelands. And with that, I bring you the S17 WJC uniform rankings.

My rankings are going to be based off a combination of uniform aesthetics and proximity to what the actual national teams use. I attempted to find the dark jersey for each team since those tend to be the better ones anyways. All images are screenshots from streams, so apologies for any that are low quality. These are solely my opinions and I do not apologize if your uniforms are trash. This is week 1, there is time to correct your mistakes. We will count down from the worst to the best.

14th - 16th: Russia, Austria, and Canada

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. These teams did not use the opportunity to spread their artistic wings and chose to stick with EA's default national team uniforms. I have one comment though, and that is for Canada: what the fuck? You used the black Team Canada jersey that exists in the game, that's acceptable. But what the hell is this white jersey? Some team from the SHL? If you're looking for a source of your 0-9 problems, start there.

[​IMG]

13th: Germany

Strictly off visual appeal, these are not the worst created uniforms in the tournament. However, given the color scheme that Germany has to work with, so much more could have been done. This felt like someone was in love with the gradient arm jersey template and felt they needed to shoehorn it in somehow. The socks really don't go with the jersey at all, and the yellow is too bright. This is like when the Lakers went from a nice dark yellow to whatever highlighter color they're using now.

[​IMG]

12th: Switzerland

I understand that Swiss management wasn't coming from owning an existing LG club. They didn't have the unlocked uniforms and logos to work with. They did the absolute bare minimum though, setting red and white as the team colors, selecting "apply to all", and calling it a day. There's not even a logo. It's early in the tournament though, keep grinding the club and give yourself more options.

[​IMG]

11th: Latvia

Latvia appears to be in love with their white uniforms, as every stream of theirs I could find featured Latvia in white, including their own home games. It's not an awful uniform, swords always make for a cool logo, but the red should be much darker and closer to a maroon color. As it stands they could easily be confused for Denmark.

[​IMG]

10th: Denmark

Speaking of Denmark, they check in at #10 with their own red and white jerseys. There are only two colors in the Danish flag so there really isn't a whole lot to work with. The striping on the uniform seems confused though with no correlation between the socks and sleeves. Not awful, but this could have been a much cleaner setup.

[​IMG]

9th: Finland

These guys would make the Finnish Flash himself proud with the ease at which they've been scoring goals this tournament, and they have a solid jersey to go along with it. I'm a sucker for light blue jerseys (RIP Thrashers) and Finland's are always nice. Where points get deducted are on the black pants (Finland uses a navy blue, no black is present) and on the socks that look like they'd better belong with a white uniform.

[​IMG]

8th: Slovakia

These uniforms are very adequate, and that is not a knock on the design as I feel Slovakia has the least to work with among all of the nations in WJC. I'll give credit for the logo that at a glance looks a bit like the anchor in Slovakia's flag. I did notice on their white uniforms they are sporting orange numbers. I'm not sure if this was an oversight in design or if someone was trying to pay homage to Fort Wayne.

[​IMG]

7th: Belarus

Belarus is one of the few countries in WJC with a unique color scheme, and while the uniform is nice I feel they could've done more with the green that nobody else has. In a world with heavily red Denmark and Swiss squads, we need a little more green.

[​IMG]

6th: Norway

I feel like Norway and Switzerland were in the same boat regarding a lack of uniform and logo options being unlocked. However, Norway did the absolute best they could with what they had while Switzerland did not. Although Norway is using what I believe is the default jersey template for a brand new club, they actually mimic what the real Norwegian national team wears. A nice clean look with a good bit of realism.

[​IMG]

5th: Sweden

There's not a whole lot of room for creativity with Sweden as their national team uses basically the exact same uniform year after year. A yellow stripe was added near the shoulder to keep things spicy and the viking logo fits well with Scandinavian lore even if one of the crown logos may have been a more accurate fit. A decision was made to roll with a lighter blue than Sweden actually uses, and while not in line with reality it does still look good.

[​IMG]

4th: Kazakhstan

There's kind of a lot happening in this jersey when it comes to the striping pattern, but the creator nailed the colors. Any chance you take advantage of your country's unique palette is a good thing in my book. What does a palm tree have to do with Kazakhstan? No clue, but it's summer season so fuck it, let's roll with it.

[​IMG]

3rd: Slovenia

I'll be honest, when I took management simply for the purpose of creating a uniform this is the team I wanted. A red, white, and blue flag-bearing country that said "fuck that" and adopted neon green instead of red? Love it. The managers in Slovenia did basically exactly what I would've done though, using the right color scheme on the Avalanche's mountain jersey template. Good job.

[​IMG]

2nd: Czech Republic

This one caught me by surprise, as ordinarily I think of the Czechs as being similar to the Slovaks with regards to not having a lot to work with. However, whoever designed these uniforms did a great job creating a look very similar to what the Czechs use in real life. Jagr would be proud.

[​IMG]

1st: USA

Am I biased? Yes. Do I believe I'm correct? Yes. Look, I'm not trying to pull an Air Raiders self-fellating special, but I just don't think you can go wrong with a 1980-inspired uniform littered with stars and a fucking screaming eagle on the front.

[​IMG]

And that's it. Once again if you don't like your ranking then I challenge you to upgrade your design as the tournament progresses.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Bicktacular
  2. l L3FTY l

l L3FTY l Mediocre Defined

Discord:
    lleftyl#0
    Ratings:
    +445 / 22 / -27
    Poor Canada just can't catch a break.

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. Chick Hen Nugz

Chick Hen Nugz Father of the Poultry Brotherhood

Discord:
    Chick Hen Nugz#8968
    Ratings:
    +460 / 15 / -43
    Honestly the best “media” read I’ve seen in a good while. Great job Bick

• Like Like x 1
    chickhennugz
  4. Velocity I7I

Velocity I7I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Velocity I7I#1321
    Ratings:
    +71 / 17 / -29
    Wanna fix up Denmark jerseys?

Velocity_I7I
  5. X Lube X

X Lube X Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x_lube_x#0
    Ratings:
    +69 / 3 / -2
    "l L3FTY l (GM)Today at 3:49 PM
    12th: Switzerland
    I understand that Swiss management wasn't coming from owning an existing LG club. They didn't have the unlocked uniforms and logos to work with. They did the absolute bare minimum though, setting red and white as the team colors, selecting "apply to all", and calling it a day. There's not even a logo. It's early in the tournament though, keep grinding the club and give yourself more options.
    Zaphiro (AGM)Today at 3:51 PM
    lol
    Get blasted lube
    Can we update anything this week?
    @X Lube X (Owner) give me GM so I can change it"

Just getting blasted in manager chat right now.... We are working on it!!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Bicktacular

Discord:
    bicktacular#0
    Ratings:
    +578 / 10 / -23
    I am willing to join a club with a backup tag to clean up uniforms upon request.

Bicktacular
  7. Velocity I7I

Discord:
    Velocity I7I#1321
    Ratings:
    +71 / 17 / -29
    What’s ur backup tag

Velocity_I7I
  8. Bicktacular

Discord:
    bicktacular#0
    Ratings:
    +578 / 10 / -23
    I just joined it as BiQCtacular, if you want to slap GM on there at some point I'll work on the uniforms.

Bicktacular
  9. Velocity I7I

Discord:
    Velocity I7I#1321
    Ratings:
    +71 / 17 / -29
    Done

• Like Like x 1
    Velocity_I7I
  10. Merk FR

Merk FR HONK

Discord:
    merkfr.#0
    Ratings:
    +72 / 11 / -6
    The advertisements on our jerseys pay the bills :(

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Lafrenyr

Lafrenyr s46 Stanley Cup Champion and Conn Smythe Winner

Discord:
    lafrenyr#0
    Ratings:
    +402 / 25 / -64
    That blue on my monitor looks like sWeden blue to me...this is what i get for not wanting to be blind in 10 years

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. agrigs26

agrigs26 NCAA Commissioner

Discord:
    agrigs26#0
    Ratings:
    +348 / 15 / -51
    I mean its not like u have a manager on an lg roster and one of the cooler owners who has pretty much all logos unlocked

agrigley
  13. Loose Stitch

Loose Stitch Meega Nala Kweesta!

Ratings:
    +671 / 54 / -78
    A bronze in jersey-making to go with my bronze medal from NHL 18. I'll take it!

• Like Like x 1
    Knifeinyourguts
  14. FLEET GOD

FLEET GOD Retired

Discord:
    FLEETGOD#3126
    Ratings:
    +397 / 13 / -62
    Need an updated list. Russia is S tier now

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    FLEETGOD1
  15. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -70
    My jersey designing skills are available to any teams wanting to not look like shit. PM me.

eamonnjcf