When the going gets Tough

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Kirito x58, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Banging Models

Banging Models Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 5 / -10
    Let the man nub hun lt. Who cares, there are like 6 lines that arent nubs anyways.

No Streaming Account
  2. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    I have a theory here....which is that this is bunch of hogwash. In your 12 wins, @MadeOfTwoFaces, 11 have been against non-playoff teams (according to current standings). You have defeated the Marlies, Bears, Sens, Barracuda, Bruins, Wolves (twice), Wolfpack, Ice Hogs and Tigers (twice). Your other win was against the mighty Moose...in a one-goal squeaker in the very first game of the season. Of those other teams, the Sens are ranked the highest at 10th place in the east, and three of your wins (2 over the Tigers and 1 over the Wolfpack) are against the worst 2 teams in the league.

Of your 7 losses and 1 OT loss, 6 of those games were against playoff teams: Heat, Crunch, Moose, Griffins (twice) and Comets. The OT loss was to the Ice Hogs, and the other loss was to the Wild, who is one game behind you in the playoff race.

If availability is TRULY the cause of you playing 65 percent of your games against scrubs, including 25 percent of your wins over the worst 2 teams...congrats I guess. However, I was in one of those games where you actually played a top line for once, and it didn't turn out so well for ya. If I remember correctly, your D-man rage quit in the second, causing us to have to restart a new game just to play the third period, and then you yourself rage quit with 2 seconds left, after we scored our 11th goal. For those interested...highlights from this game may be seen below.

Your team also had 13 shots that game and 4:11 TOA, so you had plenty opportunities. You can defend yourself with the "availability" excuse all you want, but people obviously see right through your 80 points...otherwise this thread would not exist.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    nubsy004
  3. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    When the going gets tough you get number 1 star of the night and laugh all game long (check twitch stream for proof that I did ;) )

Pce nubs I'll enjoy my point scoring title this season.

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    In World of CHEL
    iMackie21
  4. PahkTheCah1387

PahkTheCah1387 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 8 / -10
    @MadeOfTwoFaces MIL (12-7-1) 53G 27A 80PTS +15

(1-6-0) 9G 5A 14PTS -22 vs Playoff teams

(1-2-0) 6G 2A 8PTS -15 vs Conference Leaders (top 3 in either conference)

(6-0-0) 25G 11A 36PTS +25 vs Conference Bottom Feeders (bottom 3 in each conference)

Just the hard stats posted without judgement.

The rest of the top ten point scorers will be out over the weekend.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. arnooney

arnooney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    Typical Chris lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    arnooney
  6. Crabby Crawfish

Crabby Crawfish Spread the Crabs

Discord:
    creb12#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 1 / -2
    This is why I love you

• Like Like x 4
    CrabbyCrawfish
  7. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    @nubsy004 our dman was drunk (@DAV1S0N you fucking alcoholic) and had to leave to puke. We've since instated a 2 drink policy (for everyone except @swiss97 nobody can stop that man from drinking) so I don't have to worry about people holding their liquor.

We also had Grayzer, that's a handicap of its own.

Also, I had a bad night that night because my NHL owner who's in his first and last season of ownership has his head so far up his own ass he can see the clouds out of his mouth pissed me off, if I don't wanna sit around for 2 seconds and I wanna go to bed I don't see the big deal :)

I don't see why you nubs are just going after me though, like 80% of the other top scorers all have identical games played to me. Seems line you boys been sipping on haterade because of the trades I've made to bring in top talent at every position ;).

All in all, sip on the haterade bbys it won't help you deal with it though.

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    In World of CHEL
    iMackie21
  8. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Hi Nick I love you!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    In World of CHEL
    iMackie21
  9. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    I'll give you that Grayzer was pretty sloppy that game. Probably 4 or 5 of those goals should not have gone in. As far as your drunk Defenseman...that's hilarious, as is your team having a drink limit. How do you enforce that anyway? I'm not really going after you or even saying your a bad player, because no bad player can get 80 points in this league at this point in the season. All I'm saying is that most of your wins/points are against sub-par teams, which kind of cheapens the league points title if you manage to win it. I guess you kind of remind me of Bullet92 in the CHL a couple season back. He won that points title by scrub hunting, but he at least admitted that's what he was doing. As far as making trades to bring in top talent...see you in the playoffs (maybe)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    nubsy004
  10. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    I fedex'd a breathalyzer to everyone on our team they have to post a picture in our groupme of their test before I allow them to play.

The only teams I've consistently made sure a certain line was scheduled for is me and Dudley, dudley wanted Rockford and I wanna beat noob in a game but he never puts himself against me, he keeps feeding @Haidy x 7 to us. Every other time I do lines I just kinda throw people in wherever I can without looking at standings. I'm our 3rd line, I mean our line is me Dudley and stith, 3 guys who have been here way too long to still be good at this game. We suck. 3rd lines pls.

See you soon ;).

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    In World of CHEL
    iMackie21
  11. l Joe NHL l

l Joe NHL l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    yeeeeeeeeeeet#0
    Ratings:
    +260 / 4 / -6
    I'm sure that if you looked at a selection of top scorers from the leagues, you'll probably see that their best games come against weaker opposition. 2-3 PPG seems to be a good expectation against playoff teams. Many top scorers benefit from the shitshow nights where they put 7 or 8 up against a bottomfeeder, but those games are going to happen. In a vacuum, @MadeOfTwoFaces stats against the top teams don't look bad at all (except for the +/-, but that's a stat that is heavily context-dependent). 2 PPG against playoff teams and 2.66 PPG against conference leaders -- nothing wrong with those numbers.

That said, if I see one more winky face I'm going to cringe myself into another dimension. It's the smiley of choice of neckbeards helping the popular girl in class with her homework on AIM while subtly convincing her to dump her boyfriend. Every time I see it I feel like I'm being invited to a locker room shower with Jerry Sandusky and Subway Jared.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    vrhljohnnyl
  12. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    EDIT:

I goofed and misread the stats. The true comparison is 3 games against top 3 in each conference, and 6 games against the bottom three in each conference. He's played twice as many games against bottom teams. POTENTIAL SCRUB HUNTER CONFIRMED!

Yes, I waited until MoTF liked this post before correcting it. :D

=====

I think we'd expect most players to perform better against bottom teams. What should stand out is that his portfolio of games is almost evenly divided between top and bottom teams. 7 games against top teams, 6 games against bottom teams. Yes, he gets his ass spanked by top teams, but based on these stats there doesn't appear to be a bias towards seeking out bottom teams.

Is the contention that he should only play against good teams, not against good and bad teams?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    I like you ;) however I don't have a beard ATM I actually shaved my little stubble this morning, and I took the year off class so no helping people for me.

@macros73 thanks but pls stop rating my posts dumb

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    In World of CHEL
    iMackie21
  14. DAV1S0N

DAV1S0N Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -1
    Since I've become part of the conversation in this thread I feel the need to clear things up a bit.

I most certainly was shitfaced that game and that was the reason for me leaving. It was no different from any sunday, daydrinking and watching football. Guess I just didn't realized how white-girl wasted I was. Even if it was my own team winning there was no way I was able to finish that game. I understand it's not a good excuse but I just want it to be known that I'm not someone who rage quits. I'm sure anyone that has played with me from seasons past/VHL would vouch for me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    DAV1S0N
  15. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Fair enough

nubsy004
  16. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. NicoH58

NicoH58 NicoH58

Ratings:
    +1,249 / 38 / -43
    Sevv be like "adversity? What's that? I quit before that happens to me."

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Luna0995
  18. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    In World of CHEL
    iMackie21
  19. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +2,296 / 33 / -46
    • Winner Winner x 6
  20. DudleyDoWright5

DudleyDoWright5 Diet David Letterman

Ratings:
    +698 / 38 / -40
    The little scandal that could, starring Brad Pitt as MadeofTwoFaces, Stephen Colbert as DudleyDoWright and many more stars.

With previous experience as management, I know that sometimes crappy availability forces your hand (i've had many crap teams with crap availability) but let's be honest, even if he did put himself in one or two "easy" games, you're gonna tell me nobody else has done that here as well? If you're a player, you probably asked as well.

C'mon, you aren't all saints here. Let's just move on, shall we, ladies?

DudleyDoWright5