What will LG do?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Shady x35, Aug 19, 2014.

?

NHL 14 or NHL 15.

Poll closed Aug 22, 2014.
  1. Stick with NHL 14 on the 360.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Buy NHL 15 for the 360.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    NHL15 makes more sense for the long haul. Obviously people are pissed, but this game is dying, most EASHL players will move on to 15, and gaining new members will be next to impossible. Growth is stunted as is with EASHL not making the transition to next-gen, lets not cut off our nose to spite our face, just move to NHL15 and continue as if nothing happened, because in reality nothing did happen. We're still on the 360, we still have the game mode we all love, and we'll have some nice new presentation with hopefully minimally better gameplay.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Tonyferelli

Tonyferelli Ferelli Brother

Ratings:
    +504 / 1 / -5
    If I like the way the game plays in the Demo for Xbox One I may eventually pick up a USED copy of NHL 15. I don't play HUT or Versus.. I think this year I had a grand total of 7 games played. I don't know.. I hate playing games by myself at this point unless it's a game that's blowing my mind like Last of Us or something.

It's pretty sad that there is no Demo for 360 for me to at least see the differences, so I will wait till someone in our community picks it up and tells us what they think. And than I may go for a used copy but at the same time all the guys I play with refuse to buy 15 for the 360 so I doubt I will be getting it anyways.

What an awful position Rammer has put me in.

Tonyferelli
  3. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22

Logically I think it would make the most sense to commit to at LEAST one more season on nhl 14. This gives enough time to assess the situation without so many unknown variables. If the decisions waits we're going to slow down the process and potentially lose people.

People can still buy their nhl 15 but we can hop right into the off season and keep the wheels rolling on NHL 14 while giving the community another 3 months to figure out what to do. If you give people 3 months they'll have made up their mind. Right now people are making decisions based on assumptions. What if the gameplay in nhl 15 is great? At least committing to one more season on 14 doesnt split the community as much and also gives a cushion so we can see what 15 is really about.

Sidenote- Thinking outside the box.. maybe u do a shortened season with 20 less games and make a final decision before Christmas...

4. Mobeus81250

Mobeus81250 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My gut reaction is to tell EA to go fuck its self. But.. I'm going to wait until the demo is out on the next gen and see how I feel.

I like playing in this league, and chances are that I will follow w/e the league does. But if 15 on the X1 really does feel that much better than 14. I can't guarentee I'll wanna stay on last gen. 14 was way better than 13, but 14 still had its issues. Sure 15 last gen might be even better than 14. I just feel due for a major change. Which is probably why I got so upset when word got out about EASHL. I was hoping that EASHL would have gotten some nice changes with the move to the next gen...

No Streaming Account
  5. Yxnnis

Yxnnis The artist formerly known as III Greece III

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Move to NHL 15 on 360. Not a lot of people are going to wanna stay on 14 and fall behind on nhl 15. Most eashl players will for sure buy 15 on 360 so it makes sense.

Also The Dream Team September champs

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. BeastModeCowb0y

BeastModeCowb0y Any1 can get it

Ratings:
    +666 / 0 / -0
    Make a tag someone dl a digital copy on 360 then lend it to everyone one to use and hope they don't fuck anybody over.

Ps...Not it

No Streaming Account
  7. amp0508

amp0508 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 4 / -5
    I really think that doing one more season on 14 would be a little more logical than anything at this point... Gives players time to play 15 on 360 (if they really want to) in their free time in order to get the legend cards. I think that this would also help out with the fact that we really don't know who is going to do what with the systems as of right now. Everyone says they are going to do one thing or another... but we all know that it's just talk until we prove what we really want to do through our actions. Next season on 14, and see if we want to take it to 15 after that. I feel like either way, the community will lose a lot of members due to the fact that EA didn't include the next-gen EASHL. Just throwing out my 2 cents on the situation.

• Like Like x 1
    beernpickles
  8. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,043 / 114 / -859
    That is the other side of the coin that many may not think about. Good points.

I also hope when an official poll is posted, my thread will 2500 views and more than 400 votes. It's extremely difficult to made a decision in the best interest
    of the league, when the league doesn't voice their opinions.

I wouldnalso like like to hear from people in this thread who weren't going to be in s19 since we had planned on going on the one. What's your opinion? What was your plan for this season?

• Like Like x 4
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  9. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Hall of Famer

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,258 / 66 / -177
    Nun uf da abuv

jackbauertuna_
  10. Joonetic

Joonetic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 3 / -9
    Another thing to think about (if we stay on 14) is how game play might improve since the nhl 14 servers won't be as "busy". I'm sure we will see quite a difference once 15 comes out and people move on.

No Streaming Account
  11. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74
    Well, I was going to retire... since I didn't have a XB1 yet. I don't even know when I'll get one... but now that I know that I have until NHL16 to get one, I can play at least 3 more seasons now. As for the NHL14 or NHL15 for seasons 19 through 21 debate... They both have pro's and con's.

Of course, 15 has the new 12 player collision impact, which can make some changes in how games are resulted in the end... we were also told that the speed of the game was slowed down a bit. We also don't know what they did for player builds, so maybe the 5'7 92 speed grinders won't be there anymore or will be slightly modified.

As for 14, well we already know everything about it lol.

As for my decision, it don't really matter... If the league choses to stick on 14 for 3 more seasons, well I already have it... and if they opt to go to 15, well I'll be getting it.. since 70$ is cheaper than 500$ + 70$ IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    Sebby6138
  12. StickNick555

StickNick555 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah? That's a good opinion to have.

No Streaming Account
  13. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    The game is dead as a doornail already and the servers are horrendous at the moment. Can confirm from playoffs, pro series, etc.

No Streaming Account
  14. amp0508

Ratings:
    +10 / 4 / -5
    I really wish I could have been more involved with the past season, but due to school and everything I had to drop out. I hope I can contribute to this group that you guys have here. Everyone I've played with on 14 has been nothing but awesome to me. I just want to be able to be a part of S19 either way, and I hope that everyone can come up with a consensus soon. I'll be getting 15 either way for 360. I just think that a trial period of 15 while we play 14 for another season would be the best way... The servers are pretty trash as of late, and as an IT guy, I know they'll throttle the bandwidth down on the 14 servers to accommodate for the new 15 users. EA did give us the D on this years game, but I really just hope that next year they give all the effort they are claiming they are saying they will for 16

beernpickles
  15. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    Without actually playing NHL 15 (360) it's difficult to make a decision. It seems like we're relying on that bullet-point comparison of 15 (360) & (One) that EA released earlier (referenced here). That list is designed to highlight what's supposedly new and better about the One version. It's a sales pitch for the One; of course it makes the 360 version looks inferior. Have the developers in the EA forums directly addressed the comparison recently?

Staying on NHL 14 for S19 while we observe the response to 15 (360), and then re-voting to possibly switch over for S20 is a reasonable idea. But-

My concern is that if 15 (360) proves to be enough of an improvement, that 14 will be abandoned early and that S19 will be endangered. Too many people on sub-.500 teams love reasons to quit showing up. We don't need another shit show season in the LG-VHL history books. S19 is supposed to be the final roster reset, the chance for teams to carve out their legacies, and the beginning of eternal greatness. The league is better off if we get it right the first time.

• Like Like x 1
    brandovedo
  16. amp0508

Ratings:
    +10 / 4 / -5
    You do bring up some really good points about the people quitting out... The last thing I think anyone here wants to see is LG fall apart over a split between a new game coming out. I just hope for the best... for everyone in this community.

beernpickles
  17. MisterBionic

MisterBionic MisterBionic

Ratings:
    +125 / 1 / -4
    12 player collision physics are next-gen ONLY

mr3ionic
  18. G lR ii M x

G lR ii M x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 15 / -22
    Calm down with the vocab, I'm french.

• Like Like x 1
    grimnhl
  19. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    Hah, good. 12 player collision physics is probably what broke 6v6.

brandovedo
  20. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    No they aren't, need to read the features.
    http://www.easports.com/nhl/nhl15/xbox360

• Like Like x 1