Western Conference - Top Seeded Chicago Wolves VS Number Eight San Diego Gulls

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by IllVIBEZIll, Mar 11, 2016.

1. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Round One Playoff Preview

(1)Wolves VS (8)Gulls

Our First match-up out of the west is one between the top seeded Chicago Wolves and the San Diego Gulls. Usually one versus eight match ups contain a heavy favorite and an obvious pick in winner. This one is a bit different from the pack. The Wolves who have lead their division and conference for most of the year take on a team in San Diego that has owned them in the regular season. Posting a 2-0 record against the Wolves, beating them easily by a margin of 5-1 in their first meeting and 4-3 in their second. When asked about the regular season results and whether or not it would dictate the course of the series Chicago defenseman @sheer_Iuck had this to say:

"Not really to be honest. Everyone starts with a clean slate in the playoffs and everything that happened in the season doesn't really matter at this point. The fact is both us and the gulls made it to the show and it doesn't really matter if we are a 1 seed and they are a 8 seed because any team can beat anyone in the playoffs. All it takes is four losses and your going home so we got to play an opponent with the mindset that this could be our last game of we don't win. They are a good team and have proven they can beat us so we got to give them everything we got"
    @eZDangles had this to add:

"our roster is night and day different than where we stood earlier in the season. we've been at the top of the table all season and teams have played their best against us all season"

Sheer, a part of a stalwart Chicago defense which has only allowed 222 goals over the course of an 82 game season, good for 4th best in the entire league. When asked what makes the Wolves a defensive force sheer had this to say about he and his long time defensive partner @Smooovey "I just feel like we got really good communication on the back end together and that's a big key to success. You got to work as a unit in order to play well defensively and the fact that I know where Smoovey is going to be at all times and vice versa makes a huge difference."

The Wolves are certainly a complete team and San Diego will have their work cut out for them. There is also a certain attitude in Chicago, one that we usually see in champions. This feeling is echoed by the strong confident remarks of another Chicago defenseman @eZDangles . When asked why people should pay attention to his team in the playoffs he had this to say

"Because we're the #@!&ing best. We will win almost all our games"

On the flip side we have San Diego. A team who started out as a house on fire and once lead the west in points. The Gulls who posted one of the better home records in the west as well as higher goals for have no shortage of talent. A solid team who is currently living by the motton "Get in and anything can happen". A sure sleeper pick to run the table but they certainly have the talent and ability to do so.

I caught up with the eccentric and somewhat oddity goaltender @Daedricguy and he had this to say.

" I'm only here so I don't get Fined, kidding. I love the Wolves in real life, I even have a jersey, I will be wearing that jersey every game I play against them."

A man of few words who is obviously fixated on the prize. A good place to be this time of year, dead locked in the zone. First game this Sunday night at 9:30 est.

UP NEXT: Stockton Heat VS San Jose Barracuda.

• Like x 7
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    zubov_x_21
  2. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    So basically Daedricguy is Ilya Bryzgalov?

No Streaming Account
  3. S0ME ROCK

S0ME ROCK The "Great Wall of Finland"

Ratings:
    +567 / 97 / -238
    No I'm not, he won a Stanly cup with The Mighty Ducks. I didnt.:(

No Streaming Account
  4. droxx22

droxx22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -4
    Very well written!!! GO GULLS!!!!!!