Vol. 3, Issue No. 1 — LGFA Extra Time: Bidding in 5 Minutes!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by nubsy004, Oct 23, 2016.

1. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    nubsy004
  2. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Low signups to make for interesting bidding
    238 players in Season 8 bidding list

By nubsy004
    LGFA Extra Time Editor/LGFA Access Co-Host

With Season 8 bidding kicking off at any minute, 14 squads in the LGFA’s English Premier League are looking to make their mark with $40 million each to spend.
    Causing concern this season is the low number of signups, 238 total including some managers in the list. The concern led to a couple late changes on Sunday, an hour before bidding. The league went from 16 teams to 14, and roster size was lowered from 18 to 16.
    With 14 teams and 16-man rosters, 224 total players will be listed as starters, and nearly every player in the bidding list is likely to see a bid.
    As far as a breakdown, it is inevitable many players will be playing outside of their primary positions. As with any bidding season, the list is very heavy at the top of the field, with 83 forwards and 101 midfielders signed up to play.
    Many of these players, however, may find themselves moving back on the pitch, as only 30 players are signed up as defenders, averaging 2.14 defenders per team. Unless everyone plans to play a 2-4-4 formation, some players will be stuck in a defensive role.
    On the opposite end of the spectrum and unlike previous seasons, goalkeeper signups are relatively high, with 24 looking to start between the pipes and another 18 with goalkeeper listed as a secondary position. This bodes well for owners who previously struggled to have a primary-position netminder wearing the gloves.
    Another change to the league this season is the money system, which also offers awards at the end of the season for where teams place.
    Along with starting the season with $40 million instead of $30 million, LGFA is now using a straight money system. This means, once an owner spends his money, he will not get it back when a player is traded away.
    This means owners can trade players of wildly varying prices without it affecting the salary cap.
    For example, if two owners have $1 million in the bank and Owner 1 trades Player A ($2 million) to Owner 2 for Player B ($500,000), each owner still retains the $1 million. Theoretically, with trades, owners can make moves and have a total roster worth well over $40 million.
    Another way to put it: The team that won a player in bidding has paid for their contract in full, and a trade acts more as a loan than a sale. Money may still be acquired through transfers, but player salaries do not affect cash on hand.
    In an effort to retain owners and management teams, winning cups and placing high in the league table will result in extra transfer funds added for the next season.
    The goal is to create more incentive for a team that is, say, sitting at 5th place prior to the last week of the season. If that team has a strong week and moves up to 3rd, that owner will earn more in transfer funds for the upcoming season. If, like in seasons past, the team collapses in the last week and drops to 8th, that owner will have less transfer funds.
    The season goes for five weeks, with league games on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays, and FA Cup games on Wednesdays. Sunday/Monday games are at 9 and 9:40 p.m. est, and Tuesday/Wednesday games are at 8 and 8:40 est.

Commish puts cap on bid amounts
    No player allowed to go for more than

By nubsy004
    LGFA Extra Time Editor/LGFA Access Co-Host

To prevent some players from going for far more than they are worth in this season’s bidding, LGFA Commissioner @Brisan66 has implemented a new cap on the price an individual player can be paid.
    In Season 7, four players went for more than $10 million, and even though owners will have $40 million total to play with in this season, the Fuhrer has decreed no player may go for more than $8 million in bidding.
    “Owners need to chill on the bidding up of players,” Brisan said. “This league is full of scrubs and no player should go for than $8 million. So now, as soon as a player reaches $8 million, he will automatically go to the team that bid that ridiculous amount. And, if a team immediately bids $8 million on a player, that team automatically wins his rights.”
    Brisan said the main reason for the new rule is to prevent players like @Unlucky Owen going for $13.75 million like he did last season. @Roon l44l, @lL A lK lE and @Unlucky Dustin also topped $10 million last season. In total in Season 7, eight players went for $8 million or more.
    “Let’s be honest, Roon is not worth $13.5 million,” Brisan said. “I know it, he knows it, everyone knows it. It embarrassing to the league to have players going for such crazy prices, so I’m putting a stop to it.”
    Many owners are not taking kindly to the new rule, especially ones who are notorious for bidding up players on purpose.
    “How am I supposed to make other owners overpay for players who are ass if bids are cut off at $8 million?” asked @CreepyKlepto, Arsenal owner. “I made @nubsy004 pay $9 million for l Ponce l last season, and that was the most fun I’d had in bidding in a long time.”
    Newer owners are happy about the change.
    “I think it’s fair,” said @DiabeticRage24, Swansea owner. “I mean, I don’t need other teams messing with my bidding and making me pay more for the under-the-radar players I plan to snag on the cheap.”
    Other owners plan to use the $8 million cap to their advantage, be it to their benefit or their detriment.
    “There are two players who are trying to avoid my team, and they are both worth $8 million, so I plan to put that on them right away,” said @LAINGX15, West Ham owner. “They know who they are, and I will get them, at 8:01 p.m.”
    Bidding begins at 8 p.m. Sunday, and for some, it will end awful quickly.

SATIRE DISCLOSURE: This article is not serious in nature. If you believe what you have read here, Extra Time and the LGFA relinquish all responsibilities regarding your actions. Carry on.

SovereignMamba’s preseason Power Rankings

By SovereignMamba
    LGFA Extra Time Reporter

1. Tottenham Hotspur
    The Spurs boast top-of-the-table team players. @NinoRT9 and company look to have a great bidding showcase and hopefully be fighting for a title come season end.

2. Liverpool
    Being carried by @Unlucky Dustin and @Unlucky Evo is pretty easy. The Reds have a great start to the season with their staff, and a successful bidding campaign could help them win the title.

3. Southampton
    With a strong management team, @nubsy004 looks to have a strong season. Having the former Ballon d’Or and hardware collector @K inG x NeymaR, Southampton looks like a title contender.

4. Everton
    Although he lost his original staff, @l Trae l looks to have a competitive season. Switching from CB to ST will be a challenge, but the former Beckenbauer win hopes to make it look easy.

5. Middlesbrough
    Much love for @Jabo x 42 and @DoopArmyZolo, this team has the potential to be great, and with all the scouting they’ve done, I expect a top 5 finish.

6. Arsenal
    7. Swansea
    8. West Ham
    9. Sunderland
    10. Chelsea
    11. Crystal Palace
    12. Manchester City
    13. Bournemouth
    14. Manchester United

• Winner Winner x 1
    nubsy004
  3. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    When banana news strikes. I'm dying laughing at this.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    nubsy004
  4. lRoon

lRoon Philly Philly

Ratings:
    +103 / 2 / -6
    This might be the best banana story ever hahaha @nubsy004

• Like Like x 2
    roonmastaflex
  5. TheePastorDave