Tuesday Star Wars Night (signup)

Discussion in 'Xbox / Xbox 360 Lounge' started by Tris10, Oct 4, 2004.

1. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a question for all you guys that can kill me with one shot after I shoot a million times :? Are you aiming for head shots? This has always been a downer for me with FPS and that's why I usually play them once or twice online and put them away for good.

While it was mostly these guys I never heard of doing it, there were a few recognized people as well.

As for lag, I didn't experience any and I had voice tonight which made it quite enjoyable. I had a good time, but was getting a little frustrated when I'd be in a gunfight and I'd shoot and shoot and then they'd just shoot once and I'd be dead :? Any help there would be appreciated.

No Streaming Account
  2. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That was happeneing to me in a few games as well juji. I know if you have that big circle that comes up, I assume it means you have a lock and when you fire on someone you are going to hit them for sure. The closer you can get to your enemy the better chance you have at hitting them mroe frequently. But when you fire and that circle does not appear then you gotta get lucky basically.

When aiming I tend to aim high as you get kills faster when your shots hit them in the head. Im not to sure but I dont think you can get one shot kills like in other FPS, you have to hit them at least a couple tims in the head before they go down. Someone can correct me if Im wrong but I do not recall in any of the games I've played getting any 1 shot kills on people.

I personally like to just go right at everyone, seems to get me quite a few kills. I usually die faster that way but Im almost always taking 2 or 3 people with me before I get nailed.

So ya just try and aim high and hopefully with some more practice you wont be getting killed as much as you were. Maybe you can try going through the single player mode on the easy level to get some practice at getting head shots and faster kills.

No Streaming Account
  3. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that was alot of fun last night. your not alone in your frustration juji. i was thinking that alot last night. seemed like i'd pepper someone with 5 or 6 shots and then they shoot me once and im toast. but great fun and no lag at all.

No Streaming Account
  4. NoTyme

NoTyme Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Kev that break dancing you where doing to me seemed to work just fine :D . That was alot of fun now I have to play ofline and learn the basics and be ready for the next outing. 8)

No Streaming Account
  5. All MiT Kev

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it didn't to much for my kill to death ratio but at least i won on style points i suppose

No Streaming Account
  6. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had alot of fun too, I was frustrated with the one shot kills too, but what I did notice that when I was getting 1 shot killed I had been in battle a few times prior. So Inoticed that my energy was already low and the 1 shot finished me.

I not sure this is the case for everyone else but I think that was the problem for me. Maybe we can take notice next time.

Alot of fun and the random teams were great too. Hey can wre start planning another one.

No Streaming Account
  7. Patriarch

Patriarch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some guns will give you the one shot kill and some won't. The sniper rifle will give you a one-shot kill if you hit the head every time.

The flak gun takes 3 or 4 shots to the head to kill depending on how close you are. However, you can hit several opponents (as well as stray team-mates - sorry guys) at once.

I'm not sure what the hit ratio is for the different guns are though. I noticed that we had auto-aim on last night. How does everybody feel about that? Aiming high and bringing the bead down with auto-aim will usually yield a head-shot.

No Streaming Account
  8. All MiT Kev

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if the auto aim in this is way exaggerated. i remember in rtcw you couldn't really tell it was on but in this you see lasers just tracking. i am all for turning it off next time.

No Streaming Account
  9. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've never tried with auto aim off but if most of you guys want it off then it's all good to me. Then again Im not to sure if I'll be able to make it next time if it's on a tuesday again, hopefully that wont be the case though.

No Streaming Account
  10. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info guys, I'm really glad you didn't see my post as complaining, but moreso curiosity.

Windless, I got thinking about the "shield" factor after I posted and a little bit this morning. I'm sure some of those were as a result of this, but other times it was my first battle. Someone would just come around a corner and "bam", I'm dead.

As for what CanEHdian said, that might be my problem as I try to fight distance fights rather than close combat.

I don't know the maps, but one of the best/funnier fights I had was with Tris. Some reason he and I were all alone on one side of a map and he was running towards me and I was running backwards and we were just letting the "bullets" fly as we weaved back and forth and hurled grenades. I died obviously, but it was a long battle with no one interrupting us. To me it was a fight to the death and no one was going to give, but in all actuality I was trying to run backwards to where my support was because I knew I was going to lose. It was kind of funny.

Even though I got aggravated, I had a pretty good time until it went from recognizing everyone's name down to knowing one or two people. That was when I left. Not surprisingly, when it got to the people I didn't recognize, the smack talking began and that's when I lose interest QUICKLY. I don't mind friendly banter, but don't care for people that don't know me calling me names. That's usually why I only stick to friend's list. But, I had an overall good experience and look forward to it next week. I was usually ending with a higher kills to death ration so that wasn't too bad, my specialty was taking spawns though. I'd let the battles rage and I'd go take the spawn. One round I had taken 6 or more.

No Streaming Account
  11. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ya I cant stand going into rooms with people I dont know and having them barking out orders to everyone else like they own the room or something. I've had that happen a couple times but for the most part I haven't really heard much trash talking in this game as of yet.

No Streaming Account
  12. All MiT Kev

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ya towards the end i started recognizing less and less people so i bailed too. it was a blast for the majority though. the game is so much fun with no lag

No Streaming Account
  13. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    i know that i got a lot of kills last night, It can also depend on which side your on i think and which char. you use. I however don't think head shots resulted in a lot of the kills.

I know i saw juji a bunch of times and we've have a gun fight to the death in the clear open, I think i won all of them, not because i was shooting at his head but just because i was aiming to where i think he would be (most of the time he'd be strafeing) by the time the shots got to him, while watching the return fire and making an effort to stay clear of it.

From the time we spent last time, i think most of the kills were flat out "who saw the other guy first", i know for me i was snuck up on a few times and by the time i would return fire i'd be on the floor.

Either way i thought last night was a blast ! can't wait for more games. I'm glad the (one time charge) extra money i put for an upgraded connection is paying off, can't wait to use it for halo 2