Tonight was fun!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by jujimum, Dec 1, 2004.

1. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had a game scheduled to play somewhere between 9:30-10pm EST so I waited online from 9:30-10:15pm EST and my opponent never showed.

Then, I had another game that wasn't written in stone but, since I never heard anything different, I assumed we were on at 11pm EST. I waited for that one until about 11:20pm EST.

Lucky for me, I have nothing better to do than sit around and hope my opponents show up for their game. I got to spend over an hour sitting in the FIFA online menu system.

This is getting completely absurd and I'm really tired of wasting my time. I know I'm not the only one having troubles here either :? .

No Streaming Account
  2. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm not in this league, but at another site I have noticed similar things. Ever since Halo 2 came out everything seemed to stop moving smoothly. I commish an NFL league over at XGP and it was one of the most successful leagues there. When Halo 2 came out I had to start pulling teeth to get people to play. Halo 2 makes me mad :evil: People forget the made commitments, than they ruin it for all the others.

Gajeske85
  3. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I have a game tonight vs. someone who decided not to show up to a game vs. a friend of mine last night. I wonder if he will show up for our match tonight :?

There must be something of this because of Halo since this kind of stuff did not happen this much before it came out. If I were you Juji I would definitely wait till the time is right for you and only you for the next time you schedule this game.

No Streaming Account
  4. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think a lot of it has to do with the people that are in the FIFA league. I don't have any problems in the NHL or Madden league getting games in.

No Streaming Account
  5. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    True dat 8) , those leagues are both full of proven members, this league consists of maybe half.

No Streaming Account
  6. bowdown

bowdown Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It was me and I am sorry. I totally lost track of time and I apologize for my incosideration (and I not being and ass about it) I am serious cause I know how hard it can be to make time with having a family.

No Streaming Account
  7. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep, too many new people were let in, in my opinion. I think they should have cut the number a little bit smaller to make it provens only.

Ohh well, I am having fun, haven't had any no shows so far in which I haven't received at least an hour's notice.

No Streaming Account
  8. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So tonight I have an evening planned of going over to my sister and brother-in-law's house. But do to a FIFA game being scheduled at 10EST tonight, I cancel the invite.

I got to sit in the lobby for 25 minutes though which was quite fun :roll:

No Streaming Account
  9. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you contacted the league admins? I am sure you have, but do it, hopefully we can get some of these people removed.

No Streaming Account
  10. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Juji - we need names. Please report any and all no-shows to the commish for each league. Every time they do it, it's -5 on them. It adds up, quickly, especially if everyone is vigilant at reporting guys that have consistent problems... eventually it will catch up with them and they'll be removed from LG leagues.

Without reporting though, it's going to continue. It's not snitching or tattletailing, it's holding people responsible for their commitments.

No Streaming Account
  11. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So should burnt and I PM tris about ColdWarrior or is the thread about him not showing up twice in 2 nights enough already?

No Streaming Account
  12. striker3771

striker3771 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're not the only one. I sat at the NBA lobby the other night for 30 mins. Next day the owner is being replaced. LOL! This really is getting rediculous.

No Streaming Account
  13. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You talking about Dan? I blieve he had family problems.

No Streaming Account
  14. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you should PM Tris10 with it.

No, we can't keep of every single thread that crops up or a post here or there about no-shows. The only way to get those no-shows counted is to tell your commish, and then they'll post in the moderator forum requesting the deduction against the person that hosed you (unless the commish happens to be a admin, in which case they can take care of it directly).

No Streaming Account
  15. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I do believe our commish is an admin :p, but I have not seen any deducdtions for this league as of yet.

No Streaming Account
  16. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Yes you've seen a halo 2 scoreboard, and a halo 2 scraper