The Xbox "Falcon" - Quieter Fan, HDMI , Cheaper and R.R.O.D. Addressed?

Discussion in 'Xbox / Xbox 360 Lounge' started by Tris10, Aug 9, 2007.

1. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The power rating on the box should be lower than the original. I think it uses a smaller processor which means less power. I believe 175watt is the Falcon.

No Streaming Account
  2. QrazY CracKeR

QrazY CracKeR Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my falcon is working great, even after having my **** roommate hit the surge protecter while it was on (craziest combination of scary lights you'll ever see on a 360) a COUPLE times! :shock:

No Streaming Account
  3. Den9696

Den9696 Den9696

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i got the falcon in like September after my old one got the ring and it runs awesome

No Streaming Account
  4. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is there a definate 100% fool proof way of determining before you leave a store that you are in fact getting the Falcon 65NM chipset?

I thought I read that all H3 systems were indeed Falcon boards with 20GB drives

also what about the Elite's? are all Elite's running the new gear?

after recently experiencing the R.R.O.D. I am debating on whether to sit on my hands and wait for the coffin and send by brick out to get repaired and wait for it to come back, or buying a new system with new guts etc....

No Streaming Account
  5. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The falcon uses less power because of the smaller chip. You can see the power rating on the box.

No Streaming Account
  6. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As you know I recently went through this myself (for the second time). There is a way to tell for sure you have a falcon chip.

If, on the box sticker, it says 175W then it's for sure a Falcon chip.

However, if it says 203W which is what most (if not all) the Arcade versions are, it's a "luck of the draw". It could be a Falcon and it could not. You'd have to look in the Xbox and try to determine what you have.

Typically, if it's on store shelves right now and not an Arcade version, it's a Falcon chip. I wanted to get the Arcade version because it would've saved me some dough. But looking at the pictures of what I'd supposed to see if it were a Falcon or not, I couldn't really tell the difference and didn't want to take a chance. Therefore, I took the "Pro" version so I'd be 100% sure it was the newer chip.

I do have to say that it is a lot quieter. The one I have now runs quieter with a disc game playing than my older ones ran in the dashboard. It is also a lot cooler. When I played a few games on the older systems I could feel the air behind my 360 and it was HOT! I played a few hours straight the other night and felt the air and it was slightly warm.

No Streaming Account
  7. BleedBlueBlood

BleedBlueBlood Baron Von Sauerkraut

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    Rob, that's exactly what I did. I went out and bought an elite system, it's a falcon baby! Then when my replaced unit came back I sold it.

BleedBlueBlood
  8. FluKy

FluKy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have the arcade version xbox 360. it was manufactured january 2008. any chances that it has the new falcon stuff?

No Streaming Account
  9. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account