TC Scouting Matches - Hosted by Viva la Surf

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by Viva la Surf, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Viva la Surf

Viva la Surf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    As some have heard me speaking about and mentioning ad nauseum, I will be hosting 'official' TC scrimmage matches throughout the season. With new rules directly impacting TC players soon to be announced, I wanted to get out in front of these rules and begin hosting these matches. For next season, we will have another enhancement that will allow new sign-ups to be bid on at the end of each week based upon meeting certain requirements.

As for this season, please continue reading for more information. I will be updated this thread throughout the season and encourage others to opine and share their thoughts, just try and make an effort at acting like an adult. By that, I am saying that I will be providing scouting reports on players based on what I saw in the game and encourage others to provide commentary in a positive and constructive manner.

Purpose: Provide TC players a chance to showcase their skills and meet the league requirements towards participation prior to any potential trade request.

Logistics: Games will be hosted between 8:30 and 10:30 EST depending on the league and organizers schedule. Games will be broadcast and recorded.

Club Team Name: Club name will be LGFA TC FC as an alternative, we will use Breaking Brad

Competition: In a best case scenario, we will be scrimmaging against other league teams but will also play regular club matches.

Sign-Up: Under the pick-up games tab, there will be games posted that we will also note in this thread and in the chat box. We encourage management and other league members to message TC players to participate in the hosted games.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  2. I Smell A Taco

I Smell A Taco LGFA Bum

Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -2
    honestly the best idea this league has done, now we just need a tc league so people can still play even if they cannot make a roster

• Like Like x 1
    I_Smell_A_Taco
  3. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Next Scouting Match games will be hosted this Wednesday, January 21 as there are currently no league games scheduled. Please feel free to sign-up if you are on a team's 18 man roster, however, please note that preference will be given to individuals on a TC roster.

Per usual, if we can find an organized team to scrimmage against that evening, we will take that route.

Games will be streamed and scouting reports will be posted. You sign-up and don't show, I will note that as well. If you sign-up, please be accountable and show up.

No Streaming Account
  4. Joker17 x

Joker17 x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Joker17 x#9189
    Ratings:
    +22 / 2 / -3
    What time will games be?

No Streaming Account
  5. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Games are most likely going to be hosted at 9 and 10 pm EST. Games for this week are posted in the pick-up games TAB.

No Streaming Account
  6. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Tonight's game had a handful of TC guys participating. Those players were as follows:

June2Bug - LS
    Oh So Country - RS
    Matt in Prime - LM
    CUBSBLO - RM
    AcEezzY - RDM

(I played as a CB and Ninja played GK for the 2nd and 3rd game)

You can watch the broadcast of all three games here:

http://www.twitch.tv/viva_la_surf/b/614312641

Best footage happens around the 55:00 mark as LGFA TC FC was playing LGFA Tottenham.

Another good display of skill happens at the 58:30 mark (note: all started thanks to "Best CB in LGFA" play by yours truly)

Other games will be posted and I encourage all TC players and others looking to get some more playing time to sign-up to play!

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  7. OhSoCountry

OhSoCountry I got the moves like JAGR

Ratings:
    +410 / 19 / -45
    Thanks for the help surf because of u some good players will get there chances

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. Rushpac

Rushpac First ever back-to-back PLB champion bitches!

Ratings:
    +981 / 17 / -16
    "Best CB in LGFA" is trademarked by yours truly. You will be hearing from my lawyer.

Rushpac
  9. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Please note that the next LGFA TC FC games have been scheduled for 1/28. Please sign-up in the pick-up games tab!

No Streaming Account
  10. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Tonight at 9 est as four teams open up Cup Play, we will be hosting scouting matches in LGFA TC FC.

Currently [MENTION=7840]Oh So Country[/MENTION] [MENTION=13849]Matt in Prime[/MENTION] [MENTION=9817]Ahernn[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8980]l Sakic x 19 l[/MENTION] have signed up to play this evening. All players, especially TC players are encouraged to sign-up and participate if their schedules allow.

Games will be broadcast and available for viewing live and under past broadcasts. Perfect opportunity to meet the minimum game requirements as a member of TC and to highlight your skills while showing your availability and commitment.

No Streaming Account
  11. pete magnum791

pete magnum791 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    this is just for scouting games??

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Scouting games and gives a chance for the TC players and even others to be seen by management and others who view the games live or review past broadcasts. There are also some league requirements that impact TC players so this helps them meet those requirements.

No Streaming Account
  13. OhSoCountry

Ratings:
    +410 / 19 / -45
    [MENTION=7860]Viva la Surf[/MENTION] I cant seem to find the club?

No Streaming Account
  14. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    We've had to scrap the games for tonight due to XBOX Live issues. We will host again tomorrow night at the same time to correspond with the Cup Matches.

No Streaming Account
  15. OhSoCountry

Ratings:
    +410 / 19 / -45
    ok I seen that force read but the xbox one is working fine for me. weird

No Streaming Account
  16. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Last night's scouting match can be found at the following:

http://www.twitch.tv/viva_la_surf/b/617877616

Too busy this morning and throughout the day with work related items so don't have time to direct readers to highlights.

@CoKe705 @Oh So County @The Only Hombre @swiss97 @CUBSBLO were the TC players who participated alongside some 18-man roster players.

My personal opinion is that Oh So Country can be used as a RM/LM. Has good awareness outside the box and looks to make smart decisions and good runs. Holds possession which is critical for 11 v 11 and looks back across the box. Just needs more experience understanding what defenders will give him and to build chemistry with his team. Will be an upgrade, in my opinion, over some of the midfielders I've seen play for Man City. Didn't see upset of of Chelsea last night so can't comment on those games, but Man City seems to lack build-up and possession when they get into the attacking third as they lack good decision makers, poor runs and try too many skill moves instead of being possession driven.

CUBSBLO is getting better in understanding 11 v 11 as well. 89 overall CAM. Also would be a middle of the road RM/LM as he seems to move the ball often and appears to have a pass-first mentality. Again, comes down to understanding what a human defender will do compared to the AI defender.

Coke705 just needs to get more comfortable playing with more than a few humans. From what I saw, seemed to force passes too often but seems to have the skill set to participate as a two-game per week midfielder for a mid to bottom table team. With time, could hone skills just needs more experience.

The Only Hombre didn't do too much offensively, but he was a good distributor and kept the ball moving forward or in the right direction. Plays continued rather than got shut down when he got a touch. Substitute him for any other midfielder in this league, you wouldn't be able to note any difference in player and ability. Held his position and created the angle for easy passes which will fit well with a possession driven team.

Swiss 97 only got the chance to play one game with us and we were up 4-0 at half and then things were winding down. I did not see enough game tape to fully commit to his style of play.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Any scouting report on them incoming?

No Streaming Account
  18. Viktomize

Viktomize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Viktomize#5842
    Ratings:
    +792 / 9 / -31
    That's funny because he was only willing to play striker and only striker for us. Hopefully he gets some playing time on Man City.

EA SPORTS FC™ 24 Career Match (In Menus)
    Viktomize94
  19. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Just a guess, but likely was why he was traded. Folks need to be versatile. There are some strikers in this league who are solid and then a good majority who really are nothing special. At the end of the day, there are not many striker positions open. My viewpoint is that the best strikers are usually recipients of solid defending which leads to possession; possession then leads to a good build-up of the play; a good build-up of play then can result in a high percentage shot or even an easy tap-in or header for an attacking player. Sounds simple, but finding good defending, maintaining possession and building up a play are always a struggle with 11 different minds working on the pitch.

I think this player is best suited as an outside attacking midfield player but he can work as a striker if he can work some good combinations. Of course, I think anybody can be an effective forward with some combination passing but always takes at least two to make that happen.

No Streaming Account
  20. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    there's too many ST who just run fwd w8ting for long ball. Syndrome of playing 3s against CPU and without ANY.

As ST you should distribute the ball like Mid and make intelligent run fwd to attract defenders...They also need to help defensively and come back almost @ mid to calm down the play for an Easy 1-2 A ball. Making a pass backward is more useful than forcing a turnover against 4 Defenders etc...

No Streaming Account