Suggestion , Sliders!!!!

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Guest, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Suggestion , Sliders

yes sliders...i am bout to make sliders for our second seaosn in my other league....the sliders we use feels like nfl2k3...(without all the dropped passes) also it makes for more realistic stats...if ne of u have questions on what sliders r or what i set them to let me know....ill give ya an example of a game i played the other day...stephen davis 98 yrds rushing...cory dillion 118 yrds rushing...sliders r great..u no longer have to be afraid of punting the ball!!!!

2. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Suggestion , Sli

Sliders are great and all but we will have to do them each and every game since we can't use a saved profile. So what I'm getting at is the changes would have to be just a few. Well anyways let everyone know what you come up with.

No Streaming Account
  3. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am really liking the game after the patch, we'll see if there needs to be much tweaking but for the most part the game looks good as is.

No Streaming Account
  4. Ted Danson

Ted Danson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd rather play the game as is.

No Streaming Account
  5. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Post-patch, the game is FAR improved.

We were thinking sliders for season 2 (before the patch) but now that the game plays much better IMO I don't think we need them. It would be one thing if we could save a profile and make it easy, but since we can't you know some of these guys would forget to edit them before their games.

No Streaming Account
  6. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really think we should try a something, be it sliders, performance EQ, or something. The run game still seems a little too heavy and/or D is a little week. I like the performance EQ idea. It's suppose to keep team strength and weakness, but the overall rating for ever team the same. My thinking being if there is design flaw in the game play, it will not be compounded by lopsided team match ups. Also receiving certain teams won?t be such a rough hall. I don?t know what problems it will bring up or if performance eq will definitely do what it suppose to do. Perhaps we could try some changes, run a couple/week of exh games with lopsided and not so lopsided teams. See what feedback is, and go from there.

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can tell you now that performance EQ will NOT happen here, in any leagues.. It gives the effect of every player having a 99 rating and does not keep the strength and weaknesses of the teams. Instead, you get a unbalanced offensive heavy game of football.

As for feedback, we've already tested performance EQ quite a bit (when it was brought up in Sept) and pretty much shot it down then too.

I think the patch is going to have more benefit than anything for next season. That, and the fact that people know how to play the game now. Alot of my wins early on were blowouts because people didn't know how to play defense. My final 3 games of the season were all very close.

No Streaming Account
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i thought at first the patch worked..but i came to the conclusion it didnt...ricky williams is still unstoppable...actually ne RB over 88 is unstoppable to a player not great on "D"...im serious though, these sliders im changin is awesome...ill tell ya what they r and see what u guys think, play at least one game with them and see if u still r skeptible...ok,

Human Coverage all the way up
    Human Pursuit all the way up
    Human Tackle all the way up
    Human running move backwards 2 notches to the second line
    Computer Coverage all the way up
    Computer Pursuit all the way up
    Computer Tackle all the way up

what this does is that if ur Rb breaks out its not as easy for him to break away...the most yardage i got with this was 45 yrds..it helps

9. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If that was with Portis then I would say that those are a little two extreme to stopping the run. 85-120yds per game should be what most starting running backs can avg during the season. They might have one or two games where they get shutdown under 50 but we don't want to make it to where an outstanding running performance only get about 150yds.

No Streaming Account
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no no Denman, sorry i meant 45 yrds long run..not total, my total was like 135 yrds..ive played bout 10 games on these sliders and broke 100 bout 70 % of the time

11. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that sounds good too. Something to help slow down that run game a little. I know with a weaker D to slow down a run game i have to play a constant zone coverage, just to slow it down. leaving me open to the shot passing game and the long game. And blitzing becomes a very dangerous game.

No Streaming Account
  12. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Exactly. A highly rated RB "should" be nearly unstoppable. Look what Lewis, Portis, Holmes, etc all do on a weekly basis. 150yds is nothing. When they have a breakout game, they go over 200.

We aren't going to dumb down the game to make it easier to play defense. Good offensive play should be rewarded. If someone stacks the box and has no help in the secondary, and I run the ball past them, I shouldn't be caught up to in 45yds. That would be utterly stupid. Most starting RB's have the breakaway speed to get to the goalline if they aren't touched within the first 10yds or so.

We simply can't tailor the game to 10% of the league that doesn't have a clue how to stop the run. Post-patch, no slider adjustments, the game works fine, as you'll see in the postseason with 12 players that got there because they know how to rush the ball, and stop the run when needed.

No Streaming Account
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well im sorry but i have to disagree...how many backs have went over 200 yrds this season, one!!....but hey jon lets agree to disagree...im not sayin it kills the run cus it doesnt...just makes the runners not break as many tackles..also makes the user try harder get by a defender....try it, then let me know what u think, i think u'll like it...im a "D" kind of guy..if i have 3 guys grab ahold of jamaal lewis and he breaks all three tackles, thats kind of gayish..but thats my opinion....

14. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lewis hit 295. Tomlinson went for 200 and had another game of 187. McAllister hit 184 yesterday. Davis had one of 178. Green had 192 and 3 others over 150.

I'll agree to disagree with you, but the fact is that solo tackles on RB's in the NFL are very very rare. If I'm running with Ricky Williams and a 180lb CB wraps me up on his own, that's just dumb and never happens in real life. In real life, it takes 2-4 guys to knock down a top RB, maybe not all at once, sometimes it takes the first hit to knock them off balance or slow down their momentum, then the 2nd or 3rd guy comes in for the wrap up. IMO, I think the game (post patch) does this very very well. If you call a good defense against the run, usually there are 2 or 3 guys in the area near the RB and can take them down without having a huge run.

No Streaming Account
  15. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will agree with Jon on this cause as I watched the Chiefs and Raiders games and some of the other Chiefs games I have been to this year Holmes just runs right out from under a single DB trying to stop him. Also Weatley was requiring about 3 guys minimum in order to stop his momentum unless someone took his legs out from underhim.

No Streaming Account
  16. Ted Danson

Ted Danson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here, here! :)

It's not the RB's being too strong.

It's all about calling the defensive formation, the right DB shifts, the right LB shifts, the right linesman shifts, the right stunts on the line, taking the right angles in pursuit, charging the tackle, and making the play.

All of these things working in tandem will do a pretty good job of stopping the run. Just try to play and tackle intelligently. I think people will get the hang of it in season 2.

No Streaming Account
  17. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No matter what it will be fun. The patch along with us getting used to the game play its going to be great. :wink:

No Streaming Account
  18. cocoman

cocoman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do me a favor, take my cowboys and play Pyro. Let him run the same 2 runing plays over and over again...see if you can stop him. All of the 300 plus yards were from yards after the first hit. You can NOT be competitive with the weaker teams.

No Streaming Account
  19. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Amen.

I disagree. I've played with weaker teams, against better teams (with poor owners) and have been able to win. Too much blame is placed on the roster, rather than the joystick jockey. Just like too much credit is given to the roster, rather than the owner controlling them to victories.

Here are some "weaker" teams (roster wise) from our season 1:

-Detroit has almost beaten me several times in exhibition play.
    -Arizona finished 8-8
    -Your Cowboys will likely finish with a winning record.
    -Jacksonville is 11-5
    -Bengals are over .500
    -Baltimore 13-3 :shock:
    -Buffalo 15-1 :shock:

How are these weaker teams being competitive then? Good play calling.

NE, SF, KC, Philly, GB, Minn, etc all have better talent on their teams, but they don't have winning records.

No Streaming Account
  20. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I have a weak team and I can stop the run easily. A lot of the time yes, I do get screwed, like this one game Urlacher hit Duce McAllister head on and missed the tackle??? That is not very realistic. Yes, the running game in ESPN is way out of wack, and VERY unrealistic....just look at the rushing stats for our league, guys well over 3000 yards. Yes, the running game is messed up, but if I can stop runs with my Bears, than any1 should be able to.

Gajeske85