Suggestion for taking stats...

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by pop0331, Nov 17, 2004.

1. pop0331

pop0331 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Suggestion for takin

From what I gather these stats are going to be a long and tedious process with our matches.

In my old GR days on teamcompete, there were some teams who video taped each match that they were in. This really wasn't for stat taking as most clans back then didn't really take stats, it was really just a way to have proof if someone cheated.

But it can be used very effectively for us in taking stats and would save a hell of a lot of time if someone from each match could tape it (when stat screens come up) and then just enter them at their own leisure.

No Streaming Account
  2. RE1GN

RE1GN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    or do a video capture and just print the screen. It should be pretty simple, I could do it with my old pc I'll have to see if I can find a card for cheap that will do it.

No Streaming Account
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    or jsut goto the bungie site :p

trust me, it doesn't take that long at all, maybe less then what it takes for one of the football leagues

4. pop0331

pop0331 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that would work too, there's a ton of vid cards w TV out on ebay for really cheap if anyone needs one.

No Streaming Account
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why would you need to record/screenshot the match if Bungie records all the stats for us. All you need to do is check the match stats there and enter them here.

While we are on the subject, what is the official procedure for inputing the stats? Is one person from the winning team responsible for entering everything after the room is finished playing all the games?

No Streaming Account
  6. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the intent here is to have the winning team enter the stats after each ROUND. Not at the end of the evening.

It's supposed to be "live" scoreboard updates meaning we'll see the match as it is in progress and not just the final outcome.

No Streaming Account
  7. burntCanunck

burntCanunck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that would be an excellent idea, a neat way to get spectators .

No Streaming Account
  8. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Too bad the stats can't just be screen scraped in, then no one would have to enter stats.

9. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hear that!

No Streaming Account
  10. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    :roll: i don't see you offering

11. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The intent is to have live stats entered as we play, but it might not be the winning team.

One scorekeeper per room, doesn't matter which team they are on... and they do all of the stats for the whole contest.

No Streaming Account
  12. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also, there is one host, one scorekeeper in each room. Once the matchups are announced each Wednesday, I would suggest that each room of players try and figure out who's going to host and who's going to scorekeep.

Since the host is dynamic, the person hosting the room really just needs to have plenty of LG people on their friends list... and make sure they know how to setup each round correctly. It has nothing to do with their connection, since the "host" might shift to someone else. But both teams need to know who to look for at the scheduled time.

For the scorekeeper, it only needs to be one person in each room. Talk to your opponents for that week and figure out who's hosting and who's scorekeeping... both sets of teams do not need their own.

No Streaming Account
  13. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    I was trying to come up with a scoresheet. I had no clue how involved the stats would be though. Might not be useful to make a scoresheet like MLB since there's so much information.

btw...how hard would it be to setup an XML scraper?

No Streaming Account
  14. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't bother with a scoresheet to print out for Halo 2, since the stats need to be entered "live" after each round of the match... not after the fact. All of the scorekeepers will be doing it from their computer, and everyone else will be able to follow along on the LG website to see how the match is coming along.

If someone is going to do written out stats as a backup (for any typos or mistakes), I don't think it has to be as detailed as what you're thinking.

A scraper wouldn't work from the Bungie website, as they do not track all of the stats (that we are recording).

No Streaming Account