so club challenge blows, eh?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by SJUSoccer9, Feb 13, 2017.

1. SJUSoccer9

SJUSoccer9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SJUSoccer9#5071
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 10 / -12
    actually, I think its just any game of CHEL before midnight that blows - which is sad cause it seems like this has been the case for a couple of years now, on either console. Hard to describe, other than it feels like if I'm skating straight and want to turn, my guy doesn't do it for about a half second after I want it to happen. It's all just really HEAVY, and it feels like I'm fighting the game to do even the simplest of things. The turning is slow, pokes and chops don't always register - everything just seems DELAYED. Yet, I can play a club game through quick search around midnight and it is lightning fast, which leads into...

Not sure who here is aware of this, but on the xbox side, marc savard is hosting a club tournament where the winners receive free copies of NHL 18!!!!@!!1!! They've apparently "proved" that club challenge blows, and instead for their playoffs will be using the good old 1-2-3 search method to matchup with the opposing team...

"The playoff bracket and teams rosters will be featured on LG. Each series will be a best of three until the finals which will be a best of 5. Due to the instability of the servers all the games will be done through regular club search which has suprisingly good connection. This has been tested and usually doesn't take more than three searches to matchup with the old 1...2...3...search method."

so yeah, I guess my question is... why? It's 2017, why does the connection of every single LG game blow massive asshole? I know this isn't the case for everyone, but I know there are a lot of people that feel the same way. So yeah, discuss and stuff.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    I can agree on this discussion, I find that Club challenge connection is REALLY bad and affects many of people's gameplay because they can't play up to their full potential due to terrible connection. After every LG game that I play afterwards when I'm playing Club or whatever it is that I'm playing I tell myself “Why couldn't I have this connection during my LG game”

I find the outcome of a LG game determines the connection of that game, doesn't matter which team has better players or is a more skilled chemistry team I find that connection determines who wins that game.

My opinion on LG games is that we should just forget using Club challenge since the connection is complete trash and go back to using the private Drop-Ins lobbies with the codes like we were doing half of last season.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. SJUSoccer9

Discord:
    SJUSoccer9#5071
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 10 / -12
    The problem with NOT using club challenge now, is that stats are stupid easy and can only be stupid easy while using club challenge. Management has to enter TOA/period scoring/power play goals and attempts... thats it. All other team and player stats are pulled directly from the club's recent games, which is a great time saver. But yeah, if I could be playing while not delayed/heavy, I'll do every stat manually, I don't really care.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Kermit-_-Wilts

Kermit-_-Wilts Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21
    Can we just agree that EA sucks and call it a day?

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    MpLsAnDeRsOn
  5. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    LG has some of the best players in 6s hockey from all over NA. That means those players are generally pretty scattered around. Theres a good amount of people here from west, central, and east playing together - which for eashl is rather unusual. People tend to play together who are near eachother for the most part (talking big picture here not the 4k people on LG).

The stupid algorithm that decides the server is based on best 'average' connection. So if one person on the west has a really bad connection to that east server during that moment in time of being matched up with someone , itll throw everyone to the west server.

EG:

To East--------To West
    20ms----------38ms
    23ms----------40ms
    12ms----------48ms
    55ms----------18ms
    60ms----------13ms
    160ms----------157ms

You get the idea.

Im also pretty suspect that theres something else still going on, like captain lag, but not as extreme. Because ive had players on my team who are from the east bitch they are delayed and that it feels like a west server and ive been fine. Goodluck trying to get that anomaly solved though as it isnt as obvious as captain lag was.

Unless somehow their 1,2,3 search method bypasses the above paragraph ive mentioned, it still isnt going to make things any better because of how servers are selected anyways. There will still be issues and its just going to waste more time.

I think the best solution is to have a manual override for the server in private games and be able to select which server the game is played on regardless of the people in there.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  6. Oso-Sic

Oso-Sic RIP to Recki

Discord:
    Oso-Sic#4266
    Ratings:
    +601 / 6 / -39
    I have noticed my connection has been shitty in club challenge lately. There's a remarkable difference from the PIN drop-ins, but it sounds like some people have the opposite experience.

HoustonOso
  7. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    LG should implement a 5 minute buffer window for the opposing team to veto a host connection. You could start the game with whoever hosting, but if the connection is aids in game, you can back out (assuming the game is within the first 5 minutes), and restart the game. Any goals scored would count to prevent someone trying to claim connection issues just because a goal was scored. This would allow for us to restart the game from the beginning with a better connection if there is a bad host. No penalty would be taken since you have 5 minutes to back out due to connection.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    frostx7
  8. SJUSoccer9

Discord:
    SJUSoccer9#5071
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 10 / -12
    @B-Bunny

"The stupid algorithm that decides the server is based on best 'average' connection. So if one person on the west has a really bad connection to that east server during that moment in time of being matched up with someone , itll throw everyone to the west server."

^ is this new? like within the last couple of years or something? perhaps with the start of 'next gen'? Obviously all of my LG expierience up until this season has been on xbox, but I don't recall connection issues being that big of an issue back on the xbox360. I feel like the DoGshit connections really started to become more glaring on xbox1. I know it has nothing to do with my internet (I also recently opened a shit ton of ports for ps4/CHEL). For me, the connection for an LG game between 9-11pm vs. a regular club search game at midnight... the difference is night and day. It's kind of ridiculous.

No Streaming Account
  9. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    I believe it actually got implemented on 16 or 17. And I'm told it's made big improvements for most users who play EASHL. Probably because most users who play EASHL are playing with people they know from IRL.

No Streaming Account
  10. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    EA servers have a bed time of 10:30

Pastahnak
  11. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    NHL17 is great, it's perfect.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    You can talk about algorithms and ping and NHL servers and Nuge all you want.

I feel significantly worse in club challenge and it's not a mental thing. I feel almost helpless sometimes with being able to execute what I tell my guy to do

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Primetimme1
  13. Kermit-_-Wilts

Kermit-_-Wilts Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21
    See that's how I am every time I've ever done the pin thing, my conclusion EA sucks.

MpLsAnDeRsOn
  14. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    Just move to the mid west..... No lag

Serpe_x_13x
  15. bjackedson

bjackedson The Great BJ

Ratings:
    +241 / 22 / -18
    You suck.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Oso-Sic

Oso-Sic RIP to Recki

Discord:
    Oso-Sic#4266
    Ratings:
    +601 / 6 / -39
    Yep. The best way I can explain it. It feels like my player has been in a 3OT game, his endurance is trashed, his skating and stick is less responsive, yet the puck just dropped. I'm kind of relieved to hear that someone else close by is having the same issue. Makes me think that someday EA might be able to fix it.

Nick, do you have Comcast as your ISP?

HoustonOso
  17. Fewch_

Fewch_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 17 / -22
    THE SERVERS CANT HANDLE IT.

No Streaming Account
  18. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    Yea

Primetimme1
  19. GoHawks496

GoHawks496 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +952 / 91 / -129
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    GoHawks496
  20. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    This 100% I can't be fucking carried if my backpack is delayed and not functioning. But on a real note club challenge is pretty much a shit show of connection issues, I don't understand how I can play club (9-15ping) and not have a issue but I go to club challenge(30-45ping) and it's garbage. I know stats become more difficult if you do the pin mode but I would 100% prefer that.

• Like Like x 2
    Nybarisny