Season 9 Prospect Rules and Guidelines

Discussion in 'LG2KPark' started by bingo king, Nov 23, 2007.

1. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    ATTENTION: PLEASE CONFIRM YOU HAVE READ
    League Settings
    Difficulty: SUPERSTAR
    Qtr. Length: 8 MINUTES
    Injuries: ON
    Trading: ON
    Number of Players: 8
    Playoff Teams: 8
    Round Interval: 7 Days
    Season Length: 16 Weeks
    Playoff Format: Best of 3
    Trading Deadline : 12 games finished

NBA Schedule (2 games per week)
    League will begin monday, November 26th
    12-9-07- 3 games due
    12-23-07- 7 games due
    1-6-08- 11 games due
    1-20-08- 15 games due
    2-3-08-16 games due.
    2-9-08- Playoffs begin
    **** The whole schedule will be open. This means you can play any opponent on your schedule

Trades
    One of the nicest features of 2K is that we will be able to trade players.
    Trades are subject to Commissioner approval. The Commissioner reserves the right to reject ANY proposed trade. Trades can be discussed in the Trade Discussion Thread in the NBA 2K Series forum.

Gameplay- At LG over the years there has always been an issue people have had with the game regarding cheesy play or exploiting. This year we would like to curb that as much as possible using some guidelines and rules. However, this can only really happen with your efforts. I will do my part in trying to find as many simulate gamers as I can but I need you all to take it from there. You have all seen a real basketball game at some point and you know how it plays. After a basket, the PG normally gives a light jog up the court and scores the situation while his teammates set up the play. Fast breaks are allowed ONLY after steals and blocked shots. Sometimes the man taking the defensive rebound fires the ball up the court to an open man but this is NOT something that happens frequently.

Here are the 2 main reasons for people’s gripes, and the approximate season average for 2005-2006 in real NBA.
    1) 3 point attempts (average)- 16.6 per game
    2) Dunk attempts (team)- 5 or 6 per game

***** Excessive Dunking (exceeding the numbers above) will not be tolerated a strict rule will be enforced. YOU WILL RECIEVE ONE WARNING BEFORE BEING REMOVED!!!!!!! (this rule does not apply to put back dunks off of missed shots).

I don't expect everyone to be exact on this but if you are doubling the amount of 3's or dunks you are doing to much...try not to go more than 20 three point attempts and 10 dunk attempts. Using a well-rounded game is much more enjoyable.Use the low post and take your mid-range jumpers.
    In addition it is important if you like to press an inbound pass or play full court press that you don’t abuse this. On occasion it’s acceptable to do this. Members doing this for entire quarters or longer is unacceptable.

Stealing- please don't overuse the abilty to steal the ball

Fast Breaks- After a lot of speculation I have decided to go with a combination of ideas. Fast breaks are only allowed on Steals, Blocks or missed 3-point shots (i.e. anything that results in a turnover). If not a turnover your offense is allowed to push the ball up the court to half court but you need to let the defense set before penetrating to the basket. I understand some people’s thoughts on this and how the real NBA is played, this game still has issues with allowing a team to get back on Defense.
    (Any issues with this please send me a Pm or contact me on MSN).

Double Teaming- There is a time and a place for this and I think it should be used either in the 4th quarter when you’re down big and are trying to make a comeback.Also when double teaming I think it’s a fine strategy when used sparingly. I don’t think this is a big problem but I wanted to put something in the rules about it.

Points in the Paint- Although there have been some speculation about this being a problem last year. I don’t think there should be a limit on paint points and an acceptable amount of PIP should be around 50 percent. There are some times you take Jump Shots that may count as PIP’s. However, the area that I think can become a problem in the paint is if someone is dunking (see dunk attempts averages above). If someone is going above and beyond this figure please let me know.

Pausing- Please only pause the game when it your possession, and preferably in dead-ball situations(i.e.-out of bounds, foul, after scored baskets). And please say something to your opponent when you are finished and will be unpausing the game.

People who do not follow and continually exploit will be removed form the league.

Communication- As a rule MSN is mandatory for all leagues at LG. Some use it more than others but it's a great tool when you find yourself suddenly available for a game. Turn it on and chances are you'll find someone to play. For convenience sake we will be posting a sticky thread that gives everyone's quickest way to make themselves available.

Voice chat- it is an official requirement that every league member use their headset while playing league games. The voice chat feature is what makes these games great, and it helps build comradely with fellow members. If you don't like to talk, or you can't because it's late at night, you still are required to wear the headset and be able to listen. If your use of the headset is restricted in some way, please have the courtesy to communicate this to your opponent.

Reliability and Sportsmanship- At League Gaming a system has been implemented that uses a "reliability meter" to gauge the progress of people getting there games in.

League Reliability Action
    2K NBA
    There will be no set reliability meter schedule as this is only a prospect league and no hits will be given unless you quit the league. However for those who do need help with meter points i will give +5 if you are on schedule and ask me.
    (if you fall 4+ games behind you will be in Jeporady of being replaced)
    *** The reliability meters will be completed every 2 weeks.

It should be understood by each league participant that they are to conduct themselves with the utmost respect for their opponents and with the highest level of sportsmanship.

Each of you has been selected to participate in this league based on your
    participation here at LG or upon the recommendation of respected members.

Quitting this league will not be tolerated.
    Any member quitting the league after it has begun will not be permitted to participate in future 2k NBA Leagues. Additionally, your reliability meter will be hit with -50 and your participation in current and future leagues for all sports at LG will be in severe jeopardy.

If you do not think you can fulfill your commitment, it is in your best interest to step down prior to the league start date. Special circumstances will be considered by the Commissioner on a case by case basis.

Disconnects- Disconnects, connection issues, drops, etc... Are a cost of doing business online. They will happen. If a disconnect happens and the stats do not post, the game must be replayed. All games must be completed and the actual stats recorded.Continual disconnects or connection problems may give rise to a player's removal from the league. If it is determined that a particular league participant is suffering from continual disconnects and drops, the Commissioner, in his sole discretion, shall determine whether that participant shall be removed from the league and his team replaced with a new owner.
    Intentional disconnects or drops will not be tolerated. Anyone found to be disconnecting or dropping to avoid a loss will be removed from the ESPN NBA League and any other leagues here at LG.
    Please report all disconnect issues and concerns to the Commissioner (Bingo King) via an LG PM.

Broken Xbox's- You have four weeks to find a formidable replacement. Sorry for the strict rule but we have been having a lot of issues with this.

Final Comments
    This is OUR league. It can only be as great as its members. Each of you has earned your place in the list of League Participants. We are here to compete but most of all have fun.

I wish you all the best of luck during the upcoming season.

*** Added on 4-13-07 Shaking the screen on foul shouts is not permitted.
    *** A final note, please if you have any questions please PM me or Contact me on MSN.

Season 9 Prospect league teams:

Bingo King---Portland Trailblazers
    Rcnjsn9-----Boston Celtics
    Arosa1024---New Jersey Nets
    E-Dub-------Cleveland Cavaliers
    Darktrc------Toronto Raptors
    Blaudawg----Phoenix Suns
    Bx Gangsta---Denver Nuggets
    DaMoneyMan-Detroit Pistons

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
    BingoKing91
  2. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Every member must post he has read and understands the rules.

Read and Understood

also guys i do plan on trimming the number of rules down when get a chance.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
    BingoKing91
  3. ARosa1024

ARosa1024 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    read and understood

No Streaming Account
  4. Blaudawg

Blaudawg Bulldawg Nation's Finest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    read and understood

No Streaming Account
  5. BxGngsta

BxGngsta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I comprehend. These are really elaborate rules, great job Commish!

No Streaming Account
  6. DamoneyMan

DamoneyMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand...let's play.

No Streaming Account
  7. E-Dub

E-Dub Doce- Jealous One's Envy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the delay...I read the rules and understand. Ready to play.

No Streaming Account
  8. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    2 more guys to go...the season can not start until all members have signed in...

sorry for the delay...and also the season will be pushed back to start on monday if the final 2 have not posted by wednesday...

BingoKing91
  9. rcnjsn9

rcnjsn9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    damn, sorry.......work was gettin crazy for a few days!

Anyway, I have read, and hope that the rules are followed. I'd love to play as close to the real thing as possible, but most online games turn out ~*~*!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

No Streaming Account
  10. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats gotta be one of the longest set of rules I've ever seen :eek: Very thorough.

No Streaming Account
  11. darktrc

darktrc #40, Dangler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    read and understood, im good to go

No Streaming Account
  12. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good, looks like we are ready to get started. Good luck to all, Remember if the sim league needs a replacement we will look to the prospect league. Also in season 10 of the sim league we will be expanding.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  13. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    alright guys league is up and running...Good Luck and Thank you all for participating.

BingoKing91
  14. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    updated the deadlines...another week has been added to your 1st deadline...remember that while not meeting the deadline wont be a negative...when it comes to replacing someone in the upper league it will only help your chances to have meet deadlines

BingoKing91
  15. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    to the 4 who met their deadline thank you and keep up the good work. if you didn't meet the deadline you have 2 weeks to get to the 7 games before possible replacement. Not too much discussion on setting up games i'm seeing.

BingoKing91
  16. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    deadline of 7 games is due this sunday the 23rd guys...due to the short schedule if you don't have 3 games played by than you could be replaced... we can't afford to fall behind...so far the people i've played have been great guys and i'd like all of you to get a chancejust a heads up..almost a week of warning.. thanks guys..

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
    BingoKing91
  17. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    alright guys i'm seeing the league hasnt been too active lately...if you guys want into the SIM league you have to prove it here 1st.

--you can set up a "scheduling thread" in this forum posting your available times and other members can post setting up games.
    --Message members when you 1st hop onto xbox live. This way you can get a basketball game done before you get caught up in things.
    --No longer are responses of "Too late", "heading to eat/out/bed/etc.",If you can't play at that time than schedule a game for another time.
    --Don't deny a game one night cuz you have a scheduled game another nite. I ran into this with a member and thought it was outrageous.

some of you guys seem new to the whole online league thing and i'm hoping these tips will help out. Replacements will be happening after this week. If you don't wanna be in the league than don't play. If you want to be in it than please get games in. Also another thing, everyone has a chance during the season to get in. Just cuz you may not have gotten in with the 1st batch don't be mad and not play anymore. There will be more chances and all in all this is supposed to also be fun. Just finishing the season will get you into next seasons SIM league almost for sure.

Thank you guys,
    Bingo King

BingoKing91
  18. Reggaeton Rey

Reggaeton Rey REY ON MY WAY @ iTUNES

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    CLEAR. I have read the rules and guidelines.

No Streaming Account