Season 38 round 1 predictions [East]

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by l3l Ray l8l, Apr 29, 2021.

1. ltzRayy TTV

ltzRayy TTV Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ltzrayy#0
    Ratings:
    +1,184 / 46 / -63
    hello chef ray here these are my own personal opinions and predictions so please do not take anything personal.

:team12:[1] vs :team14:[4]

After handing over the reigns of the rangers to @JusDePomme_aha he has not disappointed what so ever in his first season as an owner. This team has had its up and downs throughout the season but if there's one thing that i can be certain of there's no controversies at the G position as @xAllz83 and @NBD l Karma l have both been stellar for them all season. its hard for me honestly to be able to clarify a line 1,2,3 because in the recent weeks rocket and co have been playing musical chairs with there lines. if gabseh and grim stick together as i expect they will it will be up to rocket to carry the second line which he is more then capable of doing. the third line for the rangers to has some passionate grinders that know how to play nhl 21 and can buzz @GrizGoal @l MB7 l . The dcore id say is pretty solid grim-joe and charyzen-dimitri top4 is a pretty good top 4 but I'm not to high on the idea of Dimitri playing ld over his main position rd. On the other side of things my boy @I Parksy x I76I managed to claw his way into the playoffs in his first season of ownership.(congrats gamer gary!) On paper i like almost everything about this team and i feel like looking at there roster this team had potential to perform way better then what they actually did. Im most surprised how the caps third line has performed the last half of the season they have been carrying going positive almost every week (line consist of sejje gerbe justlax lakings swibz). Parksys line with himself regs and promoe has worked really well together as well since becoming a line midseason. the main concern i have with this team is the performance from the marco line(marco koho coreymac), idk if this line just doesn't work great together but at times they have struggled to score and have lost some games they most certainly should have won. If washington has any chance of pulling off an upset in this series this line is gonna need to turn it up about 5 notches. the goaltending has been solid as well from washington from cmyl and obonez, and on the back end i expect big things out of there high priced dman in vape and Jersey devils.

Players to watch this series:
    Rangers: @Dimitri x 91
    Capitals: @MarcoGoes5H0LE

Final Predictions: :team12: in 7 - I expect washington to surprise some people this series but at then end of the day i feel this series goes to 7 and the chemistry on that game 7 line will prove to be too strong for the caps to overcome.

:team74:[2] vs :team6:[3]

This matchup is the one I'm honestly looking forward to the most in the Eastern conference these two teams are arguably two of the hottest teams in the league since trade deadline. After having to take over ownership @Tendy has done a great job revamping this team, the d core is much improved in the latter half of this season. first line has been dominant with tendy reap and jd rolling over all there opponents with exceptions of the rangers near game 7 lineup. the second line is carried by the mark and class act duo which has dominated all season and arguably can be considered there second first line. psn guys make up the third line which is a solid third line imo that can possibly steal a much needed game in this series. In goal they have villy whos an above average starter and reject whos a good backup, the dcore is well rounded not really many big name guys outside of official mark but they get the job done and don't really have any detriments on the back end. On the other side we have the Columbus blue jackets led by @DDW-_- , honestly I'm not surprised this team is here but im a little bit disappointed to see the spot there in post bidding coming into the season i had very high expectations for columbus and expected them to be a cup contender which could still happen but they have a tough matchup here. I'm actually a big fan of how these guys built there lines as they have seemed to build each fwd lines with duos on each line and adding a complementary player with each duo they have. s4k and karmuh struggled early on in the season but have seen to picked things up although i do expect more then 16 wins out of these guys as i consider them both two of the better players in lg at there respective position. the jordan and wes line doesn't really disappoint and they both are on bargains of contracts i think that line could play an even bigger role in this series then s4k karmuh line. I'm most disappointed by the devin gilbz line i haven't payed as much attention to there situation this season but seeing there record now compared to how dominate they were last season is a surprise, this line needs to perform well if they are gonna win this series. well rounded blue line no elite dman but a solid top 4 and decent third pair. it will be interesting to see how there goalies do because darcy can be streaky at times and i heard super is a solid goalie but haven't really seen him play much so hard to speak for.

players to watch this series:
    Carolina: @YungREAP x
    Columbus: @DDW-_-

Final Predictions: :team74: in 6 - although the season series has been a one sided affair i expect this to be a good one but in the end i think Carolinas strength in there top 2 lines will give them the upper hand and they'll come out on top.

:team1:[1] vs :team18:[4]

This matchup really can be referred to as underachievers vs overachievers. @BUFFALO STAR 23 has put together a great bounce back campaign after last season which was doomed from the very beginning. Some people may say this team are frauds or are lucky but to be able to put up 112 points in a season isn't all because the team had a lucky stretch or didn't face the greatest lines or division. When i look at this roster there aren't a lot of ppl that stand out to me but thats fine chemistry and finding the right guys that click together can triumph individual skills in some aspects, up front this team is led by @Hullzzyy and @l Yahtzee I. despite peoples complaints about the toxicity levels with hullzzyy it seems he has shown up to the majority of his games and dominated. i know yahtzee line which has done great is built with guys he has been friends with and played with for a while so the chem is definitely there, takerrip egokiller pickard and there line those guys are all good friends who grind and have shown they can take games off of other good lines putting together a solid season. kskrish and suter anchor the back end both good dman who are a bit pricy i do have some question marks after that as i don't know too much about the other dmen on this team but clearly they are doing things right based on performance. cant speak much for the goalies as i haven't seen that much out of them on nhl 21. On the other side @PureRippin once again is back in the postseason very impressive track record as a manager in this league, this time he brings along @Odieeeeee as his other free contract one of the top rd in the game. On paper to me this team looks really good idk if its a chem thing or certain guys just not clicking the top line is a line i expected to have by far surpassed 20 wins featuring odie rippen and fog on it. the second line has just underachieved bass is one of the better lws in lg and jensen has proven that he is an elite goal scorer despite the ping disadvantage from being west coast, i expect that line to fully pick things up heading into the postseason. the third line has been great the past 3 weeks for them consisting of baky tenply and sooksta, welsh is a very solid starting goalie to have who has big game experience. the main thing i will be looking at is how the dcore holds up after odie and hriiz to see if these second and third pair dman can hold there own. with torontos lineup if they can manage to take this series the distance i honestly believe they have a good chance of pulling off the upset.

Toronto: @Sbass19
    Buffalo: @Hullzzyy

:team2:[2] vs :team5:[3]

Last but not least the elite Boston vs Montreal rivalry matchup. Both these teams have shown signs of being very good and signs of being not so good at different times in this season all just about who can put everything on part come playoff time. Starting with boston @Rivzter after being an elite agm a few seasons back finally decided to take on the responsibility as owner and id say its been a successful first campaign for him taking second in the Atlantic and making playoffs his first time around. Bostons top line has been dominant led by two chefs @Grandma in Urn and @Sixty-_-One . lines seemed to change this past week but i assume riv will play with mclxvinn in the playoffs which that's the line to keep an eye on imo the success of this team very well could hinge on the performance from these big name guys on this team. the third line has done an extremely good job led by @Firehalomaniac and his 1000 drafts games the past few month those guys are nothing to sleep on they are more then capable of pulling off a huge upset as proven at times this season. I actually do find there dcore to be decent and i think there are a lot of underrated guys on the backend lebang and trev have both had terrific seasons which i expect to carry over to the postseason. in goal it appears there duo of tex and wtfkevo split appearances, from playing some games against kevo he has proven to be a solid goalie i haven't seen tex much this year but from past experience he can be counted on to do a solid job for sure. On the other side we have the habs led by @BRIEREx and @CT 66 . These guys built a terrific top line which i feel is one of the better top lines in all of lg feautring shockz ct heroicduck, the only thing with this is it seems that there other lines have been left vulnerable. The second line consist of nickymoose who i consider to be a very good player and his set linemates that he has chem with, they have been playing with solid d too with either briere or having aelgi and focus i don't really get why these guys have struggled so much this season if montreal has any chance of advancing in playoffs these guys are gonna have to play to the level there capable of playing. Now to the third line..... i couldn't even tell you much about the guys greggy is centering on this line but from what i heard and have seen it just doesn't look like things are going to well. they have won a fair share of games it could be worse from what looks to be a sewer line thrown together which I think is unfortunate seeing that 4.5m in cap space left over i feel some upgrades for this line definitely could have been huge to this teams success down the road and there for sure may end up being regrets about that when things are all set and done.

Boston : @Rivzter
    Montreal: @Nicky Moose 69

Final predictions: :team2: in 6 - I think boston is just the deeper team and that's what it comes down to, will be a lot of pressure on mtl end for there top line to go 2-0 and i think boston comes out on top.

good luck to everyone in playoffs and remember this is just my own opinion nothing personal.
    cheers
    l3l Ray l8l

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 2
    ltzRayy
  2. ltzRayy TTV

ltzRayy TTV Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ltzrayy#0
    Ratings:
    +1,184 / 46 / -63
    edit: forgot to add final prediction for leafs and sabres:
    :team1: in 7 - i think it goes 7 and the game 7 of toronto will be too strong for buffalo to beat.

• Like Like x 1
    ltzRayy
  3. This_is_mint

This_is_mint This_is_mint

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -19
    Nice writeup Ray. You should do more of these things during the season <3

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account