Season 3 and the LGFA Player's Association

Discussion in 'LGFA - Players Association' started by Bottomless Pit, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    Welcome to the LGFA's 3rd Season !!!

By default (due to no other candidates staying in the race), I have earned and been placed as your PA President. The PA itself falls under the umbrella of the LGFA Commissioner's Staff.

While this is the league's 3rd season, and the league has faced many obstacles to get this far, the PA thus far has been immersed in it's duties and distributed amongst existing staff for a number of reasons which we don't need to get in to at this time. There is definitely enough going on in the LGFA and enough to look forward to, to not focus on the past except to learn from it and improve current and future seasons. Needless to say, there has been and always will be some controversy to deal with at all sorts of levels.

What is the PA? Why bother having one?

There are many leagues in LG and not all of them have a PA (to my knowledge). In many cases their commissioners or staff they appoint take on the daily duties that a PA normally focuses on.

The bottom line -> the PA is here for YOU and to represent YOU.

Past seasons, other leagues, ideas that don't materialize, many more......all fall victim to situations where poor decisions are made, a player, a team, a manager or a staff member don't feel they were treated fairly or where the rules were followed. The PA is here to make sure that everyone stays within their bounderies, that everyone has fun, that the constitution is followed or adjusted in a fair manner...that things don't happen..."just because someone knows someone".

As you can imagine, these are not simple nor small tasks. The PA makes the best effort to act upon what is in YOUR best interest when YOU are or are not voicing your opinion to us (the PA or the league).

Is the PA just 1 person/myself - Bottomless Pit?

For the time being I am the PA president and the only member of the PA. It will not always be that way. I am carefully observing as much as I can. I am seeking a VP - someone whom can act in my place should I be unavailable...or should I need to be in 2 places at once. As much as I would like to think it....I can't do it all myself. There will be more on this in days to come...but for now...if you have any interest - just let me know.

The PA's platform in Season 3:

When I applied for this same position both last season and for this one...I mentioned a number of objectives that I intended to focus on IF I were to et this position. Now that I have it, I intend on delivering.

Some of these are ongoing...and while the offseason and bidding week may appear to have gone 'quietly' there has been alot of activity from staff and management.

Every week there will be something for you as players (even if you are in a management or staff role). So stay tuned. Have a fun season...and remember...the PA is here if you need us or want to contribute to the league.

Bottomless Pit
    LGFA Player's Association President
    Bp

• Like Like x 3
    Bottomless_Pit
  2. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    VP Here.

• Like Like x 1
    Serpe_x_13x
  3. hype86

hype86 hype86

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Looking for a team to join - CM - 84 Rating

No Streaming Account
  4. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    you will likely be randomly assigned some time between today and before Sunday's games. (hopefully sooner so you can play with your team). Just be ready and stay available. When you get the notification that you have been assigned get in touch with your management, look for your locker room and weekly sign up threads. If you need help with how to submit your availability, just ask.

I have also put together a number of key useful "how to videos" from LG's youtbue channel at this site: https://sites.google.com/site/hqlgfa/

Here's one of Tris10's famous videos that will help with all the basics of how to use this site and the mobile app:

[video=youtube;NAFx09vXlCo]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NAFx09vXlCo[/video]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Bottomless_Pit
  5. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Is it normal that a guy who signed-up late get traded twice in 2 hours, said to 2 teams he,ll not play for them will get playing time over MR.Xs who scouted for 4-5 clubs but went unbid on.

Are we favoring the late signee too-much compared to our early guy who actually have been active.

SHould it be mandatory to at least be active on the website to participate in this league?

How can late signee, random assigment can already SEND trade Request before regulat season ahs even started?

Did they rule the post made by LG about participating plicy and what LG is all about?

Did we lose the main mission of this ebsite to accomodate the Minority who bashed the league anyway?

What action ill you take as a PA guy to retain player, bring new people in and activelvy solve the bidding/random assignee loophole that favor 10% instead of the majority?

Will any concrete actions will be done before season? What changes can we excpect as a player for the league to have more parity and less elitist guy governing it ?

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Ao I DiLo

Ao I DiLo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    Wah wah wah wah

• Like Like x 1
    OutlawsFCTV
  7. OBoyle l 14 l

OBoyle l 14 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Lol Joff you seem so upset? Please provide some proof before you pull these silly accusations out of your ass and continue to embarress yourself.

- I never messaged any managers saying I wouldn't play for their team. I played 2 full games for the Red Bulls on the first night, was traded to the Whitecaps the next day. Yesterday morning the Whitecaps owner messaged me on XBL asking if I was interested in playing, 1 hour later I was traded to the Impact without even seeing/responding to the Whitecaps manager.

No Streaming Account
  8. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    @OBoyle l 14 l and @King J0ffrey - if there is a complaint or a need to defend one, put it in the Action Center and make it official....otherwise - take it somewhere else.

Requirements when posting in the Action Center: 1. Portion of constitution that has been infringed. 2. Proof (a link, file, digital media etc) 3. Your explanation and any additional information to state your case.

note: to defend yourself from a complaint, a ruling against you MUST be made first. Then you can submit an appeal...WITH ADDITIONAL PROOF or new proof supporting your explanation along with any other additional information. Your appeal can be granted or declined. A declined appeal cannot be overturned, but a new appeal can be submitted IF there is yet more new evidence. A granted appeal will overturn the original ruling.

@King J0ffrey - I will answer your questions in the next post.

Bottomless_Pit
  9. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    [MENTION=10150]King J0ffrey[/MENTION]
    1. Normal ? Questionable perhaps. Each trade and/or trade request is being carefully reviewed. The PA does not play a part in deciding if a request/transfer is "fair".

The PA only assures that Player's Rights when it comes to those requests and transfers are NOT violated. It is YOUR responsibility (the player(s) involved, the management, any observing players) to submit an Action Center complaint if they have proof of an infraction against the constitution. Purposefully false complaints can result in punishment against the player(s) submitting them.

IF the PA observes an offense at ANY level. The PA has the right to submit complaints/defense against/for a player on the player(s) behalf. To directly answer the question though: It does not matter if it is normal or not. It only matters if there was any violation(s) that occurred.

2. This (among many other things) is one item I would like to get more input on primarily from players. If management wishes to give input, I would appreciate a 1 on 1 conversation/communication with them or their team's management unit (ie. Owner, GM, AGM). However, to officially state their position about any rule/concern - management can go to the BOGs. IF BOGs are unavailable, they should go to the Deputy Commissioner or Commissioner. Management can take Player Rights Concerns - or request help with Player Rights Matters - to the PA for assistance if needed.

3. Again, I would like more input from players. I have my opinion which I will not share at this point especially since I am primarily here to represent YOU (the players).

4. IF I recall correctly, transfer requests are mentioned quite a few times in several different articles. As a result, some aspects of the league, such as this, may not always be clear. I know this is not a complete answer. I am doing this intentionally. I will tie all of these responses together in the end.

5. Although what you have posted may not be very clear to everyone...I believe I understand your question here. My response is this: there is more to the participation policy than just "participation". I know that is not clear, but again, I am doing this intentionally.

6. This is really 2 questions in 1. Did we lose the main mission? -> Starting a league is VERY difficult in MANY MANY ways. I don't believe for a second that anyone (this season or previous seasons) whom participated at any level.....ever desired anything other than for the best for and from this league. That also goes for members participating in other endeavors IN and OUT of LG. Any public community is ALWAYS going to have its adversaries or obstacles. Has the mission been lost? Simply put - NO.

Did we do <anything> to accommodate any minority? The PA cannot speak "officially" for what has happened in past seasons. Simply put I was not a part of staff those 2 seasons. However, my personal opinion: NO. While I do not agree (like some of you) on choices that have been made along the way....I believe everyone involved has made their best efforts. Did we do it to accommodate anyone? I don't think so. The LGFA and its well being has always been the core focus regardless if those choices were good or bad....even if some of us were at opposite ends on any issue(s).

7. Retention, growth, solving issues (not just 1 loophole) - these are all high priority items for the PA. I cannot go in to detail about what specifically will be done for each of these. I will say this though: There's alot going on. There is no quick fix. There will always be...and are...several improvements to make and problems to fix, situations to handle. It is one of the reasons why I like being PA...there's always stuff to do and a wide variety of it. The platform I mentioned above is not a small one nor easy to accomplish. This is the PA's mandate and I am dedicated to it, the league...and most of all to you (the players).

8. What will be done (concrete) before the season?

I do not want to say that anything in specific WILL absolutely be done before the start of Sunday's games. That is a VERY short time frame. But we are making progress. The PA is already having an impact on staff, the community, individuals and groups of people. There are some BIG changes coming. I hope I can deliver sufficiently on the mandate I mentioned.

Bottomless_Pit
  10. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    ....now....I said I was leaving things unfinished and unanswered until the end....

Item #2 of the mandate is Constitution Reform.
    - It is no secret there are many inconsistencies, changes, updates, things not liked by staff, management or players. 1 of the 1st HUGE tasks is to reform the constitution. As per Article 3 of the current constitution changes are only supposed to happen during the off-season UNLESS the commissioner believes it is necessary. We have seen several times in this season and past seasons changes being made DURING the season. Previous seasons were even labelled "Beta" seasons.

The PA's stance is this: Beta season or not....the Constitution NEEDS to reflect our CURRENT rules. It needs to be clear and up to date. It also needs to address many things it currently does not. This will be a FOREVER ONGOING PROCESS. However - we need a starting point we can ALL agree to. Can we ever get everyone to agree to the whole thing? NEVER. This is where everyone has different roles to play in 3 basic groups: STAFF, MANAGEMENT, PLAYERS.

ALL those things you asked about above...and more....are part of this project. What say do you get in your groups (staff, management, players)? Staff look over the well being of the entire league. Management look after the well being of their individual teams (and collectively the league). Players - represented by the PA (yours truly) - look after the well being of the individual and each other...as a whole representing the league.

The reformed constitution seeks to accomplish ALL these things and more. It may not be 1000% perfect, but it will be much improved and one we can ALL for the most part rely on. Where changes or improvements need to be made, there will be within it outlined how those changes can come about FAIRLY. Enforcement, punishments, limitations of each role - all clearly outlined. With this successfully accomplished - will be the foundation for growth.

We (LGFA and LG) promote that we have much to offer and that we are always the leaders in gaming communities. Here you can begin (if you have not already) see what sets us apart ....on top of a superior site, technology, features, and site owner.

My question to you (and do not need to answer it here in this thread)....What part do YOU want to play? Whatever you choose - do it well. The PA itself - continues to seek a VP and other staff for it's many many many projects. Candidates will be carefully chosen though. As you can see - the PA has a large vision and role to play in the league.

Bottomless_Pit
  11. Audiqua

Audiqua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yo hupeeeee

No Streaming Account