Media [S28] Full Calder Cup Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ThatZachGuy, Dec 14, 2017.

1. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    There are enough Round 1 only predictions. So let's do the whole damn thing. I'm probably going to be way wrong, but whatever. It's something fun to try out. Warning: This will be long. It's the entire playoffs. So go ahead and take a good, healthy shit and read my damn post. If you feel it's entirely too long or your shit didn't last long enough, you can just scroll to the bottom for the TL;DR. Thanks guys and enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    The season series between these two teams is 2-2. All but one of these games was decided in OT, with both of Providence losses coming to Lehigh Valley players who are no longer on the team. Both teams have overcome obstacles this season. The Phantoms had one hell of a trade deadline (NHL owner problems) and we all know that the Bruins had some tag recovery issues. I believe that both of these teams offenses can put pressure on the defense. I'm going to lean on what I think will push the winning team on to the next round and that's the defense. Providence to me has the better dmen overall. I think @Darcy Kuemper could win a few games on his own in net for the Phantoms, but in the end it's the Providence Bruins in 6 games.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

Hershey comes into the playoffs on fire with a 6 game win streak. The Baby Penguins lost their final regular season game against the Phantoms to fall to the #2 seed. Season series is in favor of Hershey 3-1, with one of Wilkes-Barre's losses coming in double OT. Both teams made some key trade deadline moves and come into the playoffs relatively even throughout their rosters. This is a toss up. There's a number of talented players in this series and some have numerous seasons of playoff experience. I'm torn, but @Dan Hutton finally moves past round 1 and the Hershey Bears win in 7 games.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    Series is 3-2 in favor of Laval. The games in this series have combined for 30 goals. So we should expect plenty of scoring during the playoffs. Especially when you go up against @Lorenzo x 24 & @rG Breezyy who combined for 176 points this season. No offense to Rochester, but I don't think your defense can handle those boys. So if it goes 7 games, it's all over. I do think @General Jobo has to step up and lead the other defensive players if they want any shot in winning this series. Laval Rocket take it in 5 games.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    Now this series could be an interesting one. The Binghamton Devils lead the season series 3-2. I'm not really sure if @LG McDonald & @l Mackie l are the "suicide line" for Utica, but in the games they played against Binghamton (Brodie:2 , Mackie:1), they haven't won. The Devils are playing well going into the playoffs and I think they may just keep this momentum rolling. The Comets goalies make me worry as they haven't been dominant this season. The Comets offense will take a game or two, but I feel @iReeva will play big in the end and the Binghamton Devils win the series in 6 games.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    Season series is 4-0 for Manitoba. The Moose have outscored the Wild 18-5 in those games combined. Congrats to the Wild for winning the week 9 race in the Western Central just to go against the most dominant team in the league. This honestly shouldn't even be close. The Wild may give a little scare or even win a game against the "3rd line" of Manitoba, but it's all Moose in this one. Bring out the brooms as the Manitoba Moose win it in 4 games.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    I'm hoping this series turns into a sneaky good one. Cleveland leads the season series 3-1, but every game has been a 1 goal game. One of the Eagles losses came in OT. On paper this looks like a disaster for Colorado. Literally all but two players on Cleveland are orange or red, while Colorado has only two players who are orange or red. I think the addition of @Larsbone x605 to Cleveland is monumental. Goalie struggles early on are no longer a major factor. The Eagles defense looks a bit shaky and with a Monsters offense with a lot of playoff experience, my hope of a good series is probably dead. Cleveland Monsters with a sweep in 4 games.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    Season series is tied 2-2 with a Barracuda loss coming in OT. The Stockton Heat have been a consistent, top team this season. They finished second in the league behind the Moose. @Brisan66 has put together a group of friends for the most part and it has gotten him this far. I feel though that the M8lads won't be able to use their friendship to push them past the first round. The shit talking Stockton Heat take the series in 6 games.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    The Ontario Reign lead the season series 3-1 with their only loss being in OT. @l Stastny26 l chose to build his team of Frenchies for the most part. And it's doing well for him. The Gulls started off slow this season, but turned it on midway through and have been playing well. I side with Ontario when it comes to offense based off of the West Coast line getting home games. Defensively, the Reign have an edge and I like their experience back there more. Finally, the goalie tandem in Ontario is better as well. So I guess what I'm saying is the Ontario Reign wins the series in 5 games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 2

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    Herhey's offense keeps buzzin' from the previous series and @Dan Hutton is so excited that he got past the first round that he made getting past the second round his New Years resolution. I also feel that Providence just faces a way better balanced team in Round 2. Hershey Bears win it in 5 games.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    @l HowieDoo l is looking to win the Calder so he can officially retire. Well sorry Howie. Welcome to Season 29. Laval's offense will be too much for Binghamton to handle. I think we will get some high scoring games once again. @Lorenzo x 24 & @rG Breezyy head to the Conference Finals for a 3rd straight season. Laval Rocket win it in 6 games.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    At some point you'd think we could have @Im4thLineWorthy and the Cleveland Monsters team in general in different divisions. This match up is a big one and it's a shame it happens now. Close games will happen in this series and it's going to come down to who wants it more. I think Evan (4thLine) is done with people saying he chokes. He puts the pressure on his shoulders in a game 7. The Manitoba Moose win this beast of a series in 7 games.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    I think we have another fun series right here. Two fantastic goalies in @P3k1ng DuK & @Granpapuff420 go head to head to see who faces the Moose. As long as the boys in Stockton stay loose and have some fun, I see them winning this series. I'm going to say the Stockton heat win it in 6 games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Conference Finals

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    Here we go. Two hot teams coming into the playoffs that continued their streaks in the first two rounds. Laval uses their scoring to get them through the first two rounds, but now they meet up against a good defense. @trevwings will look to "clamp" down on the Rocket. And we can't forget about the past Eddie Shore winner @Brassard x 16 playing in this series as well. When comparing goalies, I have to say that they are pretty even. It's a close one and it will be back and forth in my opinion. If Lorenzo and Breezy don't play game 6, look for Hershey to come out hard and not let this get to a game 7. The Hershey Bears win it in 6 games and move on to the Calder Cup Finals.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    Oh boy the chatbox will be full of nonsense when these games are being played. We had a few bouts this season already and they were great to watch. Goaltenders will play a big part in this series as both teams have the 2 highest shot differentials this season. You'd have to give the edge to Manitoba when it comes to defense, but Stockton is right there. The offense to me goes in Manitoba's favor as well. The additions that Evan was able to make at the trade deadline created a ton of depth on this team. All 3 lines are deadly. I've been saying since the start of the season that Manitoba is the team to beat. I'm not stopping now. Manitoba Moose win the series in 6 games.

Calder Cup Finals

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]
    The grand ol' finale. This has honestly in my opinion been one of the weaker AHL seasons. I feel like there has been no adversity this season at all. Bad teams continued to be bad and good teams continued to thrive. Nobody made any crazy runs at the end of the season. So when we look at this Calder Final, I see one team that has had it going for them all season long and another team that finished every week besides week 1 with more wins than losses. These teams are both solid on special teams and both are able to control the puck and cycle. I think the deciding factor to me is chemistry. And when I think of chemistry, I think of @Im4thLineWorthy , @Scumbag Jared , and @xI STR8iNK Ix for Manitoba. They've played numerous seasons together and play club together. You add @Azkika and @Lingross x 88 to the mix and they have proven that they are nearly impossible to beat. All Manitoba needs is for one of their other lines to win 1 game and the Calder is theirs if it goes to a game 7. I don't think that will be needed though. The Manitoba Moose win in 5 games and are your Season 28 Calder Cup Champions.

TL;DR

Round 1 Winners: Hershey, Providence, Laval, Binghamton, Manitoba, Cleveland, Stockton, Ontario
    Round 2 Winners: Hershey, Laval, Manitoba, Stockton
    Conference Finals Winners: Hershey, Manitoba
    Calder Cup Champion: Manitoba

• Like x 13
    • Informative x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Darse

Darse Knob Jockey

Discord:
    darcykuemper#0
    Ratings:
    +3,362 / 98 / -121
    THE HERSHEY SQUIRTS WIN THE FINAL OVER MANITOBA

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    DKuemps
  3. Zlatan Matic

Zlatan Matic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +382 / 194 / -88
    ^^

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Hutty x

Hutty x Hutty x#0567

Ratings:
    +711 / 138 / -101
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Rawzy III

Rawzy III S27 Calder Champ

Discord:
    Rawzy III#6850
    Ratings:
    +53 / 25 / -13
    Cuda in 4 , Gulls in 4

MARKMYWORDS IN NOT MVP FOR NOTHING I KNOW MA THING G KEEP HATIN

• Get Good x 4
    • Troll x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    DangerousRicky
  6. Herringthefish

Herringthefish Well-Known Member

Discord:
    herringthefish#0
    Ratings:
    +80 / 14 / -4
    "The Utica Goalies haven't been dominant" as a tandem we are averaging a solid 80.4 sv% (637/792), GAA 2.40 (56 GP) compared to our opponent, 79.1 sv% (595/752), GAA 2.43 (62 GP) So i don't believe you can say they are that much superior both teams have good goaltending. It will come down to who's goalie stands on their head, so it should be a good series.

Herringthefish
  7. KeBrik

KeBrik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -12
    Thanks for the jinx thread

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Pres x 14

Pres x 14 Grab me a beer.

Ratings:
    +88 / 8 / -9
    Love the write up zach. We at Leigh miss you (Heart)

No Streaming Account
  9. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    I'm gonna put down the CLAMPS

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    D4N USA .. ALL THE WAY

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    Whoever has dan the bust hutton will lose. Sorry Hershey. West is stacked, east is awful. Go providence!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    mattyhandz
  12. PeteyMaCx11

PeteyMaCx11 555

Discord:
    PeteyMacx11#2465
    Ratings:
    +989 / 34 / -73
    Surprised there was no mention of Eichel9... I say he carries LHV all the way to the Calder Cup Final

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    PeteyMacx11
  13. Larsbone

Larsbone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Larsbone#9887
    Ratings:
    +201 / 21 / -8
    Good write up. Thanks for the shout out.

larsbone
  14. Funsley

Funsley Inventor of the Yo-Yo and copyrights holder

Ratings:
    +951 / 64 / -94
    Lame I miss eric

No Streaming Account
  15. Stastnyy

Stastnyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 45 / -54
    :thinking: