S20 Week 1 Recap - Goalies Edition!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by ItsAntt-_-, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Hello all, I couldn't let @lm Deanoo be the only one producing goalie content so here I am giving it a go. The more support this gets, the more likely I am to continue this or maybe even focus on other positions.

:team31: Anaheim Ducks :team31:

Starter: @Benzymcnasty 3-2-1 .793 save % 1.83GAA with 58 shots against, 12 goals allowed.
    Backup: @Bxlchy 3-0-0 .786 save % 1.68GAA with 28 shots against, 6 goals allowed.

Honestly, Anaheim should be pretty content with both their goalies' performances this week. Benzy himself is a stud and Bxlchy should be able to stay consistent if they can get more 3v3s going. They did pay Bxlchy 2.25m this season so I can see him being shipped off for a more suitable "backup" for cheaper.

:team28: Arizona Coyotes :team28:

Starter: @ll GOHST ll 4-2-0 .792 save % 2.42GAA with 72 shots against, 15 goals allowed.
    Backup: @Polar-1387 1-1-1 .767 save % 2.16GAA with 30 shots against, 7 goals allowed.

Arizona is projected to be one of the better teams in the league so naturally their goalies should have above-average stats. I'd personally like to see a lil bit better performances from their goalies but in the big picture, it's not awful. Gohst saw two games this week where he faced 20 shots, not bad!

:team2: Boston Bruins :team2:

Starter: @Swaymxn- 5-1-0 .849 save % 1.49GAA with 73 shots against, 11 goals allowed.
    Backup @xChoo-_- (Did not play this week and not going to look up the ecu stats.)

Tommy should be very happy with Swayman's performance this week. Some very nice numbers this week and at a bargain price of 1.5m. How did he not get player of the week lol. Boston is also a team that is going to be at the top of the standings therefore his stats should look good.

:team18: Buffalo Sabres :team18:

Starter: @KROFTONITE 5-1-0 .755 save % 2.00GAA with 49 shots against, 12 goals allowed.
    Backup: @YuNgWuN413 2-1-0 .810 save % 2.67GAA with 42 shots against, 8 goals allowed.

I'd like to see a better performance out of Krofto and I'm sure he'd agree. He faced a very mediocre 49 shots through 6 games. He knows he can do better and most likely will this week. Yung almost faced the same amount of shots through 3 games and had some decent stats this week.

:team29: Calgary Flames :team29:

Starter: @Vulkihn 5-0-1 .800 save % 1.89GAA with 60 shots against, 12 goals allowed.
    Starter: @Serrrvz- 0-3-0 .667 save % 6.00GAA with 54 shots against, 18 goals allowed. (with OTT)

Vulk is my boy and produced this week as he should on a defense-heavy team. He is on the IR this week therefore assuming Servs will take over the starting role after being traded for. Servs has some awful stats but was stuck on an awful team in Ottawa so I fully expect a 360 with his stats this week. After playing against him in drafts, Servs is pretty good and can easily take the starting role from Vulk should Vulk start to struggle.

:team74: Carolina Hurricanes :team74:

Starter: @GoNicsGo95 2-2-2 .824 save % 2.23GAA with 85 shots against, 15 goals allowed.
    Backup: @ItsAntt-_- 2-1-0 .872 save % 1.51GAA with 39 shots against, 5 goals allowed.

Honestly, if I'm Josh, I'm very happy with the goalie's performances. Nics is a stud and performed as he was expected to. Even though our wonderful GM @McLxvinn couldn't help him and win a game! I won't say much about mine but I performed pretty well with our 3rd line, against two other third lines. Nics faced an abnormally high amount of shots so hopefully we can get that under control! Go Canes!

:team75: Chicago Blackhawks :team75:

Starter: @TerryOh_ 4-2-0 .808 save % 2.19GAA with 78 shots against, 15 goals allowed.
    Backup: @xSmirta 1-2-0 .811 save % 3.19GAA with 53 shots against, 10 goals allowed.

I feel like Terry gets trolled in the sb and is becoming a meme but he put up some decent stats on an average team. He stayed busy with 78 shots against but should continue the same performance level. Smirta is a cool dude and also produced decent stats. Chicago should be content with this tandem.

:team8: Colorado Avalanche :team8:

Starter: @YourFriendBR 3-1-2 .833 save % 1.77GAA with 72 shots against, 12 goals allowed.
    Backup: @iAm-Beasti 0-3-0 .717 save % 4.33GAA with 46 shots against, 13 goals allowed.

BR produced some very well stats and from what I've heard, that's the normal for him. Look for him to keep up the same stats. Beasti struggled but it was justified. He played with their third line against lines that looked like they weren't third liners. Hopefully Greggy can set up some 3v3s otherwise it'll be a long season for the AGM and he might want to trade himself!

:team6: Columbus Blue Jackets :team6:

Starter: @xLeafs33 3-2-1 .819 save % 2.21GAA with 83 shots against, 15 goals allowed.
    Backup: @Doc_Peep 3-0-0 .903 save % 1.00GAA with 31 shots against, 3 goals allowed.

Leafs, in my opinion, has been a consistent goalie for awhile now and this season is no different. He performed nicely and CBJ should be happy with him. Doc won player of the week this week for his performance and I feel it was somewhat deserved. He only faced 31 shots. I feel like POTW for goalies should take priority to the starters but either way, Doc produced some insane stats. He earned 2 shutouts as a result. He also played on a decent line. Hra stinks.

:team9: Dallas Stars :team9:

Starter: @Debrxsk 3-3-0 .738 save % 3.60GAA with 84 shots against, 22 goals allowed.
    Backup: @Bufford80 3-0-0 .750 save % 2.06GAA with 28 shots against, 7 goals allowed.

Honestly, if I'm Dallas, I'm concerned here. While yes, Debrusk did play with Dallas' third line, he still isn't anywhere close "Starting G" stats. This same trend continues from last season where his stats were mediocre at best. Jay and Dex have a hard on for Debrusk for some unknown reason but let's hope he can start to perform as expected because I've been waiting two seasons now. Then there's Bufford who played with Dallas' top line but still put up some pretty bad stats with 2/3 of his games, he struggled in.

:team10: Detroit Red Wings :team10:

Starter: @Kakkox24x 2-4-0 .795 save % 2.50GAA with 73 shots against, 15 goals allowed.
    Backup: @K-Quinn88 0-3-0 .763 save % 3.00GAA with 38 shots against, 9 goals allowed.

I've always thought of Kakko to be an average goalie but his stats this week kinda prove me wrong. He maintained decent stats with a not-so-great team. His backup, Quinn also put up decent numbers considering the team but could be a bit better. I think they can both do a little bit better but not too concerning here.

:team11: Edmonton Oilers :team11:

Starter: @Weeeooooww 3-2-1 .747 save % 2.83GAA with 79 shots against, 20 goals allowed.
    Backup: @ThisSportrick 1-2-0 .711 save % 3.76GAA with 38 shots against, 11 goals allowed.

Weeeeoooowww seems to have landed a starting gig on EDM after being the backup last season for TB and it seems like he had decent numbers until his stats plummeted where he gave up 9 goals against Dallas. Besides that game, he would have starting numbers so no raise for concern with their starter, yet. The backup I have never heard of and maybe for good reason, his stats are very mediocre so let's hope Week 2 is a better outing for him.

:team23: Florida Panthers :team23:

Starter: @Konzy-- 1-2-3 .795 save % 2.33GAA with 78 shots against, 16 goals allowed.
    Backup: @BoKnows x 88 2-1-0 .744 save % 3.57GAA with 43 shots against, 11 goals allowed.

Konz makes his return back to LG and seems to not have lost a touch. He put up some decent numbers this week but it seems his team let him down in overtime! Bo decided to play G this season and might be regretting it? Too early to tell still. He always plays well in drafts so we'll also assume Florida's bad week is the reason for the stats.

:team76: Los Angeles Kings :team76:

Starter: @AKA_FRANNYBOI 2-3-1 .717 save % 2.66GAA with 60 shots against, 17 goals allowed.
    Backup: @Kuuzy_19 2-0-1 .889 save % 1.18GAA with 36 shots against, 4 goals allowed.

Franny struggled this week but from my experience with him, he's a solid G. I expect his stats to be better week 2. If not, Kuuzy might take that starting role with how he performed this week. He also won player of the week and put up some exceptional numbers. Kings are in a good spot with thier tendies.

:team30: Minnesota Wild :team30:

Starter: @Cxuture x 88 4-0-1 .784 save % 2.07GAA with 51 shots against, 11 goals allowed.
    Backup: @GxLney23 0-2-1 .848 save % 2.19GAA with 46 shots against, 7 goals allowed.

Couture had a decent week but more is expected from him, in my opinion. I expect him to be better this week. GxLney had an unreal week and if it were up to me, he'd win player of the week. He had some insane stats but was unable to get the win from his team. 46 shots through 3 games is also quite high. GxLney is more than capable of being a starter on a team with these numbers, we'll see if he can keep it up week 2.

:team5: Montreal Canadians :team5:

Starter: @Pavelbure_10 2-4-0 .791 save % 2.33GAA with 67 shots against, 14 goals against.
    Backup: @lDATS-NASTYl 0-2-1 .759 save % 4.20GAA with 54 shots against, 13 goals against.

Bure went G this season and didn't have an awful week considering who his owner is. I know in the game he played against Carolina, he played well. We'll see if he can keep it up. Dats is usually solid in drafts but he could've been better this week. But again, look who their owner is so rip. Good luck Nym.

:team77: Nashville Predators :team77:

Starter: @lm Deanoo 2-3-1 .861 save % 1.65GAA with 79 shots against, 11 goals allowed.
    Backup: @BlaNchet331910 0-3-0 .667 save % 5.67GAA with 51 shots against, 17 goals allowed.

Deano is performing very well and earning every penny of his 3m contract through week 1. I expect he will keep it up. Attttttttttttaaaaaaa boy Deano! Blanchet, NSH 3rd line sucked and as a result, you got lit up. We'll put this week behind us. I'm sorry NSH basically put you in G hell. :(

:team7: New Jersey Devils :team7:

Starter: @DandG915 1-3-1 .695 save % 3.09GAA with 59 shots against, 18 goals allowed.
    Backup: @Benny 1-3-0 .708 save % 3.02GAA with 48 shots against, 14 goals allowed.

New Jersey stunk this week and as a result, both goalie's stats stink. Either one of them can be a starter for this team and this week, DandG got the nod. Idk what Hra gonna do moving forward except pray his team performs better, sheesh HRA!

:team27: New York Islanders :team27:

Starter: @Stammer91x 5-0-1 .897 save % 1.27GAA with 78 shots against, 8 goals allowed.
    Backup: @j_sherminator 3-0-0 .829 save % 2.33GAA with 41 shots against, 7 goals allowed.

Finally! A starting goalie that won player of the week. 100% deserving as Stammer had an insane week. His numbers are very impressive. Sherm also had a good week with some nice numbers. Both are a result of the Islanders having a very impressive week. We'll see if it can continue and if both goalies can maintain this level of consistency. I think they can.

:team12: New York Rangers :team12:

Starter: @I9I-LeFranck_I9I 4-2-0 .847 save % 1.80GAA with 72 shots against, 11 goals allowed.
    Backup: @xSportyy 1-0-2 .829 save % 2.07GAA with 41 shots against, 7 goals allowed.

Honestly, NYR had a decent week and their goalies had a better week. A lot of people were worried about LeFranck due to him being considered a middle sitter back in the day but through week 1, he's done quite fine and held his own. Sporty has also done exactly what a backup is asked of and produced some impressive stats.

:team20: Ottawa Senators :team20:

Starter: @xLuukkonen1x 1-2-0 .780 save % 3.67GAA with 50 shots against, 11 goals allowed.
    Backup: @ijdubs1754 1-2-0 .828 save % 1.53GAA with 29 shots against, 5 goals allowed.

The Sens stink, their starting goalie is the GM, and poor Dubs just got sent to his LG grave. I assume he's starting because he's the GM but he only played three games. He put up mediocre stats and I don't see them getting any better. Dubs had a decent week on CGY but Joff must've saw something he didn't like and shipped him off. Poor Dubs :( Joff the asshole!

:team4: Philadelphia Flyers :team4:

Starter: @Habs4lf 5-1-0 .827 save % 1.49GAA with 52 shots against, 9 goals allowed.
    Backup: @Spongescrub 3-0-0 .871 save % 1.30GAA with 31 shots against, 4 goals allowed.

Philly is a well-rounded team and as such, their goalies stats are very well rounded. They remind me of myself and Nics on Carolina! Habs is a proven starting goalie and his numbers back it up every season. Sponge can easily become a starter but they each compliment each other well. I expect this duo to win the Jennings easily.

:team78: Pittsburgh Penguins :team78:

Starter: @TapzoutTV 1-4-0 .699 save % 3.97GAA with 73 shots against, 22 goals allowed.
    Backup: @ItsDomii 2-0-2 .689 save % 3.18GAA with 45 shots against, 14 goals allowed.

Pittsburgh probably isn't going to be very good this season. They might be a fringe playoff team and their goalies don't help them. Both goalies have relatively the same stats meaning they both didn't perform well at all. Maybe it's because the team stinks or maybe the team stinks because of the goalies? Let's wait and find out how week 2 goes but they need to be better.

:team15: San Jose Sharks :team15:

Starter: @Gio91502 2-2-2 .750 save % 2.83GAA with 72 shots against, 18 goals allowed.
    Backup: @XLaurenco93X 2-1-0 .767 save % 3.33GAA with 43 shots against, 10 goals allowed.

I expect San Jose to have a better week and as such, their goalies need to have a better week. Gio is capable of putting up better numbers than this and he will need to if SJ wants success. I'm not familiar with their backup but his stats are very backup-worthy so no complaints there.

:team922: Seattle Kraken :team922:

Starter: @xMeddy41 4-1-1 .833 save % 1.94GAA with 72 shots against, 12 goals allowed.
    Backup: @TamboJ35 Did not play last week. Or another G did but I'm not searching for who it was.

Meddy took this league by storm and dominated last season, winning two trophies. People wondered if he could maintain the same consistency and so far, I'd say he has. He has become dependable on SEA and it won't change this season. I expect him to be a Bacon. Idk who the backup was last week and don't feel like searching for them. Or maybe it was this guy but he didn't play last week, whatever.

:team3: St. Louis Blues :team3:

Starter: @DreamzVIL 4-1-1 .857 save % 1.61GAA with 70 shots against, 10 goals allowed.
    Backup: @Knights29 1-1-1 .750 save % 3.95GAA with 52 shots against, 13 goals allowed.

Dreamz played really well this week. His numbers are very impressive. We'll see if the same quality lasts into week 2. If I'm PP, I'm very happy with 750k netminder. Knights performed as he should as a backup so also no issues there. The GAA is a bit high tho. If I'm PP, I'm very happy with my two netminders.

:team21: Tampa Bay Lightning :team21:

Starter: @l0lCorbzzl3l 3-2-1 .754 save % 2.43GAA with 61 shots against, 15 goals allowed.
    Backup: @XxCanadasGamexX 1-2-0 .677 save % 3.24GAA with 31 shots against, 10 goals allowed.

Corbz is making 3m this season and putting up very mediocre stats. He's going to have to be better if Tampa wants to succeed. Gary has put up very mediocre numbers as well. Either Tampa didn't help their goalies this week or their goalies didn't help the team. Look for them both to improve big time for week 2 otherwise MT gonna be making some G trades.

:team1: Toronto Maple Leafs :team1:

Starter: @CQ_ThoR 4-1-0 .786 save % 1.78GAA with 42 shots against, 9 goals allowed.
    Backup: @Foncce 1-3-0 .667 save % 4.31GAA with 54 shots against, 18 goals allowed.

Thor wasn't as busy and did fairly well this week but his numbers need to improve if he wants to keep the starting job. Foncce aka Dark won't be the one taking the starting job though with the numbers he put up. Dark faced a lot of shots and let up a lot of goals this week. Look for them both to improve. Dark went from #VezinaSzn to signing back up as fwd in drafts LOL. rip.

:team17: Vancouver Canucks :team17:

Starter: @Gadzookzzz 4-2-0 .820 save % 1.76GAA with 61 shots against, 11 goals allowed.
    Backup: @TMGKuzKuz31 0-3-0 .741 save % 6.43GAA with 81 shots against, 21 goals allowed.

Nobody cares about their starter as their backup, TMG, stole the show. He faced 81 shots in THREE GAMES. One game he faced 34 SHOTS, followed by 21 shots, and then 26 shots. That's insane. Owners, do your job and save this tendy as he deserves a better home. Someone get this man player of the week. SMH Vancouver.

:team676: Vegas Golden Knights :team676:

Starter: @NOVI_Toxic 3-1-2 .833 save % 1.92GAA with 84 shots against, 14 goals allowed.
    Backup: @BigLizzo_69 1-2-0 .821 save % 1.53GAA with 28 shots against, 5 goals allowed.

Despite Vegas being an average team, their goalies played really well. Novi has become a very consistent goalie and so far, nothing has changed. Lizzo was also very solid here. No complaints from Vegas and Dangs or whoever runs this team should be very content.

:team14: Washington Capitals :team14:

Starter: @BaconStaysCrispy 3-3-0 .766 save % 2.38GAA with 64 shots against, 15 goals allowed.
    Backup: @dudethisishard 2-1-0 .792 save % 1.67GAA with 24 shots against, 5 goals allowed.

Honestly, this is one of the nastier tandems in the league. Bacon is back at G and dude is extremely solid. I'd like to see better numbers that we've all become accustomed to from Bacon though. Dude is capable of being a starter on about any other team and produced backup worthy stats. They're both solid but I expect better stats in week 2 from them both.

:team391: Winnipeg Jets :team391:

Starter: @Albxrt92 2-3-1 .782 save % 2.66GAA with 78 shots against, 17 goals allowed.
    Backup: @zachsnhl 2-1-0 .897 save % 1.00GAA with 29 shots against, 3 goals allowed.

I expect Albert to be a little bit better if he wants to keep the starting role. His stats aren't horrible buuuuuuuuut they could be better. Zachs might potentially take this starting role if he keeps his performance up. He wasn't very busy but man, his stats are nice. Let's see if they keep it up in week 2.

Notable Accolades:

Most goals allowed: @Debrxsk & @TapzoutTV with 22 goals.
    Most shots faced: EASILY @TMGKuzKuz31 with 81 through 3 games.
    Fewest shots faced: @dudethisishard with 24 through 3 games.
    Fewest goals allowed: @Doc_Peep & @zachsnhl with 3 goals each.

Hope you guys enjoyed, thanks! Goalie lives matter!

- Ant :)

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    zChieef
  2. XxpuckyxX3791

XxpuckyxX3791 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Datsyukmagicman#7412
    Ratings:
    +329 / 58 / -153
    Nice comments from a class act of a guy !!!

blacklyndonfps
  3. Anttzy-

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Hope you enjoy these too!

You stink, your team stinks, you're not capable of owning a team, people on your team say its like being in prison, and yea, you stink.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    zChieef
  4. ItsDomii

ItsDomii Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Domi#1311
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -4
    love the goalie media good write up

• Winner Winner x 1
    ItsDxmii
  5. ba_nanah

ba_nanah Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ba_nanah#0
    Ratings:
    +98 / 6 / -43
    The backup for kraken was @Knxght31 ANT and he posted a 853% save and got sent down!!! The disrespect by not even putting his name in there, he had an amazing week!!! @ItsAntt-_-

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Knxght98

Knxght98 Warning Group

Ratings:
    +4 / 1 / -0
    The disrespect man, cmon

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. Anttzy-

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    My bad. It was more so because these are already time consuming enough... I didn't feel like spending more time to search who played where. Sorry he got sent down :(

zChieef
  8. lmDeanoo-

lmDeanoo- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Deanoo#9812
    Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -9
    Great to see these! Hopefully you keep it up on a weekly basis, NSH will come back stronger. I hope.

• Winner Winner x 1
    lmDeanoo
  9. Dradavich

Dradavich The guy who got Truc Banned

Discord:
    Dradavich#1971
    Ratings:
    +1,866 / 134 / -406
    We don't talk about June 12th 2022

• Funny Funny x 1
    Dradavich
  10. Norris Dud

Norris Dud I’m better than you :)

Ratings:
    +897 / 145 / -269
    Honestly, I’m concerned you’re doubting Big Buff.

• Funny Funny x 2
    dudnastyy
  11. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Goalies lives don't matter. Even in 2022.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. JaYI77I

JaYI77I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 2 / -8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Doc_Peep

Doc_Peep Good vibes only

Discord:
    Doc_Peep#6385
    Ratings:
    +495 / 23 / -53
    Great write up. @xLeafs33 is a dream partner. Honored to be his backup.

• Like Like x 1
    doc_marshmallow
  14. GoNicsGo95

GoNicsGo95 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gonicsgo#0
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Need save

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Kakkox24x

Kakkox24x Kakkox24x

Ratings:
    +87 / 48 / -76
    Good write up only person to show love without a red wing logo so far lol appreciate the words

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account