S20: The Most Underrated Players In LG

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by JaYI77I, Jul 3, 2022.

1. JaYI77I

JaYI77I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 2 / -8
    Was looking at the dead shout box earlier and I wanted to do some media.. So thought this was a good idea as I feel I have been around forever, seen a lot and share my opinion.

I will be making this a mini series of my opinions, this will not be a series of me simply looking at stats. An example of my next post will be “Future Stars Of LG” for example, as I continue the series.

We will be reviewing a mix of forwards, dmen and goalies. Now before anyone says, “Hey what about me Jay!?”, I will be doing a part 2.

My criteria for who I consider most underrated will fall under a few categories. This can include my opinion on their skill level, their ability to produce, how they produce when they are the main person on their line, how they produce if they aren’t the main person on their line, public perception (nobody realizes their skill), my experiences with them or against them, and other things.

Let’s get into it.

@I87ICROSBYI87I – LW/ Minnesota Wild (6 Million)

To start my list is Vinny, aka I87ICROSBYI87I. Now some of you may read this and say, “Vinny underrated?”, and yeah, I think he is. For me, I feel Vinny is a guy that falls under the radar, and he really is becoming a great player in LG. From my point of view, after Vinny switched to LW on the habs in s18, this guy has been taking off. If it weren’t for a stupid rule last season resulting in him getting banned and the rangers losing him, I feel he would’ve put up some great numbers and had a good playoff run. Not to mention, he wasn’t being carried, he was the guy driving the bus for his line. He was 13-2-1 with 37 points. I feel he is a guy who can score, move the puck quick and has some vision. He has a lot of the tools and is a good 5’7 buzzard.

Now touching on last season and his ban, in my point of view and feeling, it almost seemed as if losing Vinny destroyed their season in a way, after he left, to me, it seemed like he was the heartbeat of the team, and I feel guys like that are rare, and Vinny has that factor to him, He will only get better and could probably make my “Future Stars Of LG” series I’m doing next.

@Bombay-66- LW/ New York Islanders (2.25 Million)

Now I’m not going to lie, this is a guy I don’t know much about, but I saw him play briefly, 2 games or so (one vs my team). It didn’t take long for this guy to immediately stand out. For me, I can immediately tell if a player has that “IT” factor, especially when it comes to creating offense and scoring goals. Now Silky, you owe me for this tire pump, but its deserved. I think this guy is gross and he is a legit goal scorer. He is going off this season so far and from what I saw, it’s not a fluke, even if some of the games are against thirds, guy is a pure goal scorer and is super lowkey.

@BlaCky_LIX – Rw/ New York Rangers (2 Million)

In LG, I feel people think you have to be a lowkey star, or close to it, to be underrated. I feel that he is a guy that’s in between top 6 support player and 2ndliner. I don’t know if he is good enough to be considered a 2ndliner on its own, but it doesn’t matter. This guy knows how to win, he knows how to play that quick style, and he can make plays. It is so criminally underrated having players in support roles or third man role on a forward line that KNOW how to both play it and play the style you need. He knows how to fit in and play that quick, fast paced style you need to play to succeed in this game and I’ve also seen him make plays on his own such as not being afraid to go for that snipe in the slot. You need guys like this to win a cup, guys that can play on every line if need be.

@MetroBoominqRW/ New York Rangers (1 Million)

Metro, Metro, Metro… Metro is a guy I have wanted on my team forever, ever since I saw him from the first time. But even I underrated him because I had a chance to get him in bidding once and I missed it (S17). I find that pure goal scorers in LG are hard to find. I really feel like some people just have a talent at getting to the net and making things happen. Metro is a 30-40 goal scorer multiple times, and it’s crazy to me how he got traded. 1 mill for a guy who can play in your top 6 and provide what he can is such a steal, especially these days with all the money thrown around for piss production.

@Bombxass – LW/ Philadeplhia Flyers (1 Million)

Bomb could honestly make a case for most underrated player of the year. I remember playing one game with him in S17 when Memory ran the bruins in his first szn and I tried to get bomb. Memory knew what he had. This guy is a great player and legit nobody ever talks about him. He is a 20 win, 75-80 point player the last 2 szn’s and he isn’t slowing down this season, will probably break all his records. It’s comedy he is so cheap. This isn’t a guy wither who plays on some crazy line, and that’s not a dig at memory. But they have always been line 2 in mem’s organization with the bulk of resources going to other lines. So I just feel this highlights Bomb’s skill further as he has been the type of guy who has to drive the bus with memory rather than being a passenger. He plays fast, puts the puck in the net and stays low key, can’t ask for much more from anyone, let alone a 1 mill player who also produces in playoffs.

@llaytxn_ RW/ Buffalo Sabres (3.5 Million)

Now I know for some of you, you didn’t even get to finish reading how much his contract was before you were saying to yourself “But JAY, HE plays with SMITTY!”, and yeah, he does but I don’t care. This is a guy who can play vs anyone with smitty and get the job done. Two-way kind of player who can put up points (77 last szn). I remember in s18 when him and smitty shit on our Rangers “1st” line to go up 2-0 opening night and I kept thinking who is this guy? Another guy who plays above his contract, shuts up and is a good player. Getting guys like this on your team put you so far ahead and many don’t realize it.

@dankchank – RD/LD / Buffalo Sabres (4.25 Million)

I don’t have a ton of experience or info on Dank but I played vs him a few times. Hes coming off a bad season on a bad team but he had 20+ win seasons consecutively prior. When I played vs him he actually pissed me off and if I remember I was probably chirping him a bit in party lol. But you see, the difference between me and many others, I don’t hate on people who are doing better than me or clogging me up for a bit, etc. I give people their kudos because they are obviously doing something right. Defensively this guy is very good, idk him too well on the breakout but for his price and all things considered (nobody talks about him anymore), Dank is underrated in my opinion.

@Doranz- - LD/ Florida Panthers

Adxm switched to LD and from the first game I played vs him, I knew he was going to be good. He is elite with gold edges and controls the puck really well. For some reason managers in this league still think its nhl 20 or a previous game where the forwards can do everything and it’s just not true, you need mobile dmen and in lg there aren’t very many who can break it out. So to me Adxm stood out and he is excelling this season with 19 points and and a 7-2 record. Keep it up Adxm, not a diss to you at forward but on D you’re gross.

@Serrrvz- G/ Calgary Flames

I noticed Serrrv skill in S18 on PP’s Blues and I couldn’t believe the skill he had. He can read one timer so well and is just locked in the net. His one weakness may be his cheating but imo this guy is a gross goalie who may finally have a breakout szn as hes on a good team.

Jay

• Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    Yay Dank

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Woytkiw8
  3. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,051 / 351 / -521
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    premierplayer
  4. Catigory

Catigory Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Catigory#1960
    Ratings:
    +30 / 2 / -3
    Bombxass write up is spot on

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    catigory_
  5. xDoer3

xDoer3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoer3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 34 / -104
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    @OhhNater should be added to this list carrying Sahzy in Philly on a 750k contract.

I also believe @Newt x 89 could be added to this list after people laughed at the contract he got in bidding. Don't think many people thought he was deserving of that contract and he's proven otherwise.

Appreciate the media!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. Nater x 93

Nater x 93 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    CANNIFF--#4801
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Not--RG

Not--RG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -3
    Great write up idea

• Winner Winner x 1
    RG_Four
  9. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,300 / 21 / -57
    Whether this sounds bias or not I still believe @JDFRYE31 is underrated for what he’s brought to my team since S17. Averaging 17 wins and 50+ points (on pace to do it for the fourth time this season), can play both wing or centre in anyone’s top-6 and if next bidding were to be with no roster reset he’d be primed for a 5M contract (similar to Mjbenny).

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    mt98
  10. BriskyNHL

BriskyNHL 2625MP6F

Ratings:
    +333 / 9 / -47
    BriskyNHL (FA) aka (The Stealth Killer)

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    SimplyBrisky
  11. SilKyy_97

SilKyy_97 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    _silkyy97#0
    Ratings:
    +1,301 / 56 / -154
    played with @Doranz- last night for the first time, he’s really good and a great guy! by far my favorite dman i’ve played with in a LONG TIME!

also good read @JaYI77I always love good media!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    silkynsmarshshow
  12. xWillis--

xWillis-- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xwillis#0
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -4
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. llaytxn

llaytxn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    llayton#0
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -6
    Great write up jay

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. xBradeii--

xBradeii-- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 1 / -16
    you think Bombay-66- is gross? should've seen him in the C 2 season ago! forget what account he was on then though

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. JaYI77I

Ratings:
    +394 / 2 / -8
    Like I said I've only briefly seen him but when I watched he just was buzzing. He has been good in the nhl in the past too. We will see how he does rest of szn

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. xBradeii--

xBradeii-- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 1 / -16
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. x Jettas

x Jettas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 3 / -9
    No Streaming Account
  18. BarDownBrando

BarDownBrando Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bardownbrando#0
    Ratings:
    +95 / 3 / -7
    @JaYI77I do washed up series next. It would be great!

bardownbrandotv
  19. JaYI77I

Ratings:
    +394 / 2 / -8
    Was thinking about doing overrated but too many weirdos

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. BarDownBrando

BarDownBrando Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bardownbrando#0
    Ratings:
    +95 / 3 / -7
    I just wanted be one of the washed up guys but yeah to many egos haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
    bardownbrandotv