S2 Top 10 Draft Class & Where Are They Now?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by ItsAntt-_-, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Hello, the recent past draft write ups has inspired me to release some media myself and being the grizzled vet that I am, I figured why not dig into the BEST seasons on PSN. Seasons 2-8 for me personally were the best LG experience I've had and I know I'm not alone. For those of you who weren't around during these times, it was your loss. Anyway, I'm only going to focus on the top 10 for each season until I get bored and decide that this shit ain't worth a damn. Let's see where they're at now..

1) :team11: @LaPlante94 (Career record 166-109-26) C

Laplante hasn't played LGPSN since 2019 and I doubt many of you even know who he is, however Lap's rookie szn saw him go 21-3-2 with 74 points. Compare that with his last played szn - szn 12 - which saw him go 13-11-3 with 47 points, it's a pretty decent difference. Look even further back at his past two seasons which were even worse. I'm not sure where Lap is these days, perhaps on VG or SP but definitely not LG and probably for good reason. However, I do miss him and wish he comes back. Good news though, he was last seen on LG in January 2022 so he still lurks around.

2) :team9: @Theos-_- (Career record 252-113-39) LW

I'm sure everyone recognizes this name. Everyone's favorite Greek God. Theos is very much still active in LG these days with being an owner this season of Calgary. Theos is good, but he's fallen hard from his S2 days. His rookie season saw him go 18-6-2 with 102 points. His last full season on PSN was S18 which saw him go 11-6-1 with a very mediocre 37 points. Theos is a great player so I'm just going to assume he stopped being as big of a nerd as he was in S2. Love you buddy.

3) :team31: @Chonzzy (Career record 174-87-17) C

Chonzy aka JCoul-l41l is currently serving a cap ban, yikes. I'm not sure what he did but if someone does know, please comment below. Cap ban usually means you were a bad boi. Probably deserving as when I had him on my team in S16, he was an ass. Chonzy's S2 debut season didn't entail much as he only played 9 games but S3 saw him go 19-4-2 with 73 points. His last full season in S16 saw him go 14-11-0 with 50 points. Not a huge dip but after having him on my team, he was ass. And was a dick to me :( But these days, I'm sure he's taking long walks on the beach and enjoying the outdoors since he received the blessing that is a cap ban.

4) :team17: @RWatson19 (Career record 43-17-6) RW

Another name that many of you probably don't know but for us vets that do know, this guy used to be the shit. Cool guy and even better player. But you see his record as he hasn't played much LG. Watson was last seen on the site in February of 2020. Watson played S2 and S3 and then didn't play until S9 where he ultimately stopped showing up, took a ban, and hasn't returned since. But he did used to be big in the VGHL scene so perhaps he's there still, but he's not here!

5) :team29: @Dydy23 (Career record of 75-77-16) LD

I'm not really quite sure who this guy is or was but I do remember the name. However, this dude wound being a huge bust as all of his seasons are mediocre at best. He hasn't played LG since S8 in 2018 when he quit. Wherever this guy is, I'm sure he's not playing NHL haha.

6) :team9: @bjackedson (Career record 93-53-16) RD

I remember BJ back in the day, good dude. He played from S2-S5 and then didn't return until S17, holy shit lol. These days, you will find BJ in the AHL for S19 on the Gulls. So far this season in the A he is 4-4-1 with 4 points. His last season in the NHL he went 11-13-2 with 10 points and a -15. In S2 he went 15-7-3 with 26 points. Good to see he's still playing, sad to see he's in the AHL. Best of luck buddy :)

7) :team29: @ovechkin8jr (Career record 77-61-9) LW

Damn, I haven't seen this name in forever. Most of you guys won't know this boomer. For some reason, I remember him being a very good player but his stats don't back it up. I think it was from SPNHL and VGHL. In S2, he went 9-11-1 with 49 points. He's never eclipsed more than 62 points in his NHL career. His last season was S8 in 2018 where he went 5-10-0 with 22 points. Probably another guy who made the right choice not playing NHL anymore. I feel for us boomers :(

8) :team77: @ttp-21- (Career record 46-31-9) LW

ttp-21- aka joshb12345 is another boomer who doesn't play NHL anymore but plays a fuck ton of LGNBA. Who knew that as a thing. He has over 200 games played there! He fulfilled his rookie contract with S2 and S3, returned S10, and hasn't played since. Josh was a great player in his prime time. S2 saw him go 14-8-1 with 69 points and in S10 he went 15-8-4 with 56 points so he's been consistent at least.

9) :team11: @YoUU-MaDD_Br0o (Career record 5-4-0 lol) LW

Holy shit lmao, this guy fell off the face of the earth so bad his account REQUIRES VETTING. Talk about a bust. He's only played 9 games in the NHL with 12 points. He played another 10 games in the AHL posting 27 points. He hasn't logged into the site in 5 years. Honestly, I'd draft him top 10 again.

10) :team391: @Extendo28 (Career record 62-55-15) C

This name some of you should recognize. He last played LG in S13 in the AHL. In S2 he went 15-8-4 with 55 points. In his last NHL season, S11, he went 11-10-2 with 34 points. Extendo has always been a fringe 3rd liner in my opinion and his stats back it. He hasn't been active on the site since 2019.

Honorable Mention

@oRecki
    - we love and miss you buddy. May you forever RIP. For those of you who didn't know Recki, he was probably the kindest guy you could've ever met over the internet and an even better guy in real life. A true blow to LGPSN. Gone but never forgotten.

That's Season 2's top 10 draft class. Most of them no longer play this game unfortunately but they are missed. I plan on doing each season when I'm bored and plan on stopping when I get bored of doing these. Hope you guys enjoyed :) I didn't proof read this so if there's spelling mistakes then fuck off.

TL;DR , if the player's name is GREEN, they're actively still playing. If their name name is RED, they're not.

@Theos-_- , how's it feel to be the only player in your top 10 draft class to still be playing? Nerd. Jk buddy but that's a lil crazy lol.

• Like Like x 21
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    zChieef
  2. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,298 / 21 / -57
    Joshb in S10 was the best forechecker I ever played with, if he ever decided to play NHL again he’d 100% get a bid from me. Nice write-up Chief!

• Like Like x 3
    mt98
  3. Jayel_p

Jayel_p "Nice Guy"

Discord:
    Jayel_P#7382
    Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -4
    LOL i still play clubs with Lap to this day, He's only avail on weekends though. but hes still kicking around the chel scene. he's all washed up now tho, jk love the guy

• Winner Winner x 1
    jayel_p
  4. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    Lap the goat

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Woytkiw8
  5. Kushnee