Round 3 Playoffs Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Kingbling647, Jan 8, 2017.

1. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    Before I get into this Round 3 Playoffs Predictions I just want to take a quick second to wish the 4 teams left competing for the Calder Cup the best of luck in their next match ups.

Round 2 of the Playoffs was filled with excitement, entertainment, and heated arguments. Unfortunately some favourite teams had an early exit while some under dog teams shocked the community. With that being said, I would just like to congratulate every team that advanced from Round 2 and wish them the best of luck in Round 3 of the playoffs.

This is just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You don't agree with what I say, Make your own Round 3 prediction list. I will do a Round 4 (AKA FINALS) prediction write-up when the time comes.

Round 3 Matchups:

[​IMG] Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins
    vs St. John's Ice Caps [​IMG]

I think this series will be the best in Round 3 to watch as both teams rosters filled with talent and they have shown their Round 2 opponents no mercy as they completely dominated them in less than 7 games giving them hunger for competition. I think this series will definitely be a nail-biting series to watch as both teams will come out of the gates hungry wanting to advance to the finals and potentially be granted the Calder Cup, In my opinion the many factors that will decide who wins a series will be what team can generate the most offense every game as both teams are power house teams.

St John's Ice Caps:

Like I have already said in my Round 2 Playoffs Predictions thread that I had made, Ice Caps have 2 really good lines that can produce for the team and superstar players like @Famous_T_Nasty and @MafiaMan15 both having a excellent performance against the Comets as they had 12 points combined. I haven't really talked about the Ice Caps defense in my Round 2 Playoffs Prediction thread that I had made but definitely worth talking about as they have some outstanding defenseman that can shutdown players and control the blue line very well as they have shown throughout the playoffs so far. St. John's Ice Caps have a tougher opponent this round and not last round so it's going to get interesting to see how they can adjust to compete with a tougher team like the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins.

Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins:

I am going to say this again just like I have already said this in my Round 2 Playoffs Prediction thread, Penguins is a red-hot team that will steam role any team that steps foot in their way to the Calder Cup. Their roster is filled with greatness from top to bottom and that is going to be hard for the Ice Caps to stop as there last 2 opponents (Crunch & Comets) can't compare to the Penguins and what there capable of doing. The Penguins demolished the Hershey Bears 4-1 in the series making it a walk in the park for them showing the Ice Caps that they are ready to put up a bloody fight in this series. The Penguins have many talent players that can produce for their team and make their opponents frustrating to go up against them as we have seen the results of their last two opponents (Thunderbirds & Hershey Bears). I can't really see any gaps in this teams roster so it's going to be interesting to see if they can keep their hot team together and push down another team blocking them from the Calder Cup.

Regular Season Match Up Results:

(2) Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins vs St. John's Ice Caps (1)

Playoffs Prediction:

Penguins in 6 or 7

upload_2017-1-8_16-17-34.png Ontario Reign
    vs Charlotte Checkers upload_2017-1-8_16-17-45.png

Unfortunately Iowa Wild is eliminated from the Playoffs due to a rough game 7 that many would want to replay that game, but its reality and sometimes in life people take tough loses. With that being said I think this series isn't going to be quiet interesting like the Ice Caps and Penguins series but this will definitely be a good series to watch as both teams are very hungry wanting to advance to the finals and put their focus on winning the Calder Cup. I think what will decide this series is who has the better goalie playing between the pipes and we all know what the Checkers goalie @DoubleZERO33 is capable of doing when he's on his game, going to be interesting to see if Ontario can keep up with the Charlotte Checkers red-hot roster.

Ontario Reign:

This team has been the under dog team every Playoff match ups so far and always finds a way to come up big in the series. Ontario can compare to the Charlotte Checkers on their success half way through the regular season as they made some big trades accruing players to help them move up in the standings and be dominated for the team during playoffs. Ontario Reign is a team that nobody including myself expected them to make it this deep into the playoffs but here they are today fighting in the Semi Finals against a good team with a great goalie between the pipes so it will be interesting to see if they can compete with the Charlotte Checkers. Ontario forwards are slept on by most people as their stats don't really show it but their defense is really scary to go up against as they got some key defenseman that can control a game. @moosapotamus33 has shown everyone why he's considered a top goalie in the AHL as his numbers have been phenomenal so far, We shall see if he can stop a dominate team like the Charlotte Checkers and keep up with a elite status goalie like @DoubleZERO33.

Charlotte Checkers:

I have already said this before but I'm going to say it again, This teams depth is real as they got pretty much 3 solid lines that can produce every game as they have shown against 2 great teams like Iowa Wild and Chicago Wolves. With @DoubleZERO33 in net it makes it hard for the opposite team to score on him as he is probably the best if not one of the best goalies in the AHL as he has shown every game that he plays. Checkers have some key forwards that have produced for the team so far in the playoffs so we shall see if they can continue their great performance against Ontario Reign. Reason this team went on a 14 game win streak in the regular season and with the last 6 weeks left of the regular season out of 55 games only lose 12, this team isn't a joke as Ontario shouldn't take them lightly.

Regular Season Match Up Results:

(2) Charlotte Checkers vs Ontario Reign (1)

Playoffs Prediction:

Charlotte Checkers in 5 or 6

That concludes my Playoff Predictions for Round 3, agree or don't agree with what I say.

Let the games begin!!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Famous_T_Nasty

Famous_T_Nasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 5 / -16
    Great Write-up and Read. Going to be a Fun series and feel my line has alot of weight going into Game 1 tonight. If We can set the tone early i feel we have a great chance of winning this series.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    Famous_T_Nasty
  3. doundansticky

doundansticky STICKY

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -1
    Good shit but i predict for checkers too

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. PatEthic

PatEthic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 16 / -28
    Fun write up!!! :)

Keep posting :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Patque20
  5. geesteak

geesteak Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1
    Tu vote contre moi mon tabarnak ça va être tough comme séries, ça ces vrai.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. doundansticky

doundansticky STICKY

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -1
    Lol dsl gee mais good luck

No Streaming Account
  7. doundansticky

doundansticky STICKY

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -1
    And ice cap in 7

No Streaming Account
  8. PatEthic

PatEthic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 16 / -28
    Tu vote contre moi aussi mon tabarnak! Lol joke

• Like Like x 1
    Patque20
  9. DRALLYX33

DRALLYX33 Well Known - Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 90 / -110
    Surprised you care because it's not your team in round three, but if it was i suppose you would be carrying your team right? that's until you're goalie lets in the game winner then you would just trash talk him in the shoutbox

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. DRALLYX33

DRALLYX33 Well Known - Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 90 / -110
    #DUMB

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account