Roster size

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by mackay 27, Aug 28, 2014.

1. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    hey the constitution looks great i'm excited to play in the league! one thing i was thinking though is is it possible to have bigger rosters? if we possibly have to play 8 games a week (including cup games) i think it would be very hard to field a team for every game. wouldn't having at least 22 players per team work better because then we have two lines?

• Like Like x 1
  2. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    That is something that can be changed for sure, there were a few reasons why we chose 18 to start with

1) A lot depends on sign-ups, we just want to make sure we have a good balance of teams and players.

2) Correct me if I am wrong, but normally Football/Soccer teams carry 11 players on the pitch and 7 players on the bench.

We just chose to start with this number to be as close to simulation as possible, if teams are struggling to field player's for games this can be changed.

In the long run we hope to have enough interest to start up the U21 league, where teams will be able to call-up players to ECU from their U21 team/squad, which would have an additional 18 players to pick from, not having a position lock allows management to pick from any player willing to play.

All in all, we are going to try this out and see how it works, again if teams are struggling we can adjust this to accommodate team needs.

• Like Like x 4
  3. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    I understand and yes they have 11 with 7 subs plus like 12 reserves not dressed

4. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    I dunno I just think teams will fold. The u20 teams are a good idea but we probably won't have them first season so we won't have anyone to ecu, my girlfriend will kill me if I need to play 6 games a week or my team forfeits

5. l KaV l

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    True they do have an additional 10 or so player's but we wanted to have it equal to the amount of players allowed to play on the pitch during the game ( you cant sub-in a reserve player, it needs to be a bench player etc.) Either way if teams are struggling that much, we can talk about adjusting this. That is why we have Disclaimer's at the start of some of the articles.

You only really need to play 4 games a week, Hopefully one of the other 7 guys are able to fill in for you. I don't know what to really say about this, I personally don't think teams will fold if you have good Owner's and Management. Also part of scouting is to make sure you have reliable/available guys.... Plus you girlfriend sounds mean lol jk.

EDIT: plus after you get eliminated from Cups that is an entire day you no longer have to worry about so games will get shrunk for some teams fast

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  6. Ao I DiLo

Ao I DiLo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    There are no lines in soccer gtfo.

• Like Like x 7
    OutlawsFCTV
  7. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    Are you able to bring subs in to a club game ..and actually sub players??
    - forgive my nubness

- also - will games be held via (the equivalent of) 'lobbies' or only in club games? I haven't seen anything similar to lobbies on Fifa 14 yet (?? - did I miss the memo?)

Bottomless_Pit
  8. Ao I DiLo

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    Other fifa leagues use the friendly system. It is quite effective and I advise using it. And no pit you cannot sub in game.

OutlawsFCTV
  9. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    You can't actually sub in clubs

You will be playing on LGFA "Club Name" or LG "Club Name"
    There are no lobbies but also no cooldowns

• Like Like x 3
    Scheckel29
  10. Hawkeyenation9

Hawkeyenation9 LGBA League Official

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    is this league requiring there to be a full team for each game? like 11 on 11?

No Streaming Account
  11. l KaV l

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    Right now, yes we would like to have 11 v 11.

Again, depending on how many sign-ups/player's we have, we may reduce this to a lower number but require teams to have a GK and someone playing ANY, this will at least make sure that a human player always ends up with possession of the ball.

• Like Like x 2
  12. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    i agree scouting is to make sure you have reliable available guys but the chances are there will be teams who suck and their players dont show up. i will most likely be bottomless pit manager so i just want to make sure im not going to have to play in 100 percent of the games. i think the 18 roster would work perfectly with the u21 system in place but without it we would need to have a waiver category or something like that for the teams with issues having players play

13. Hawkeyenation9

Hawkeyenation9 LGBA League Official

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    im not a big fan of a u21/reserves league. I think horizontal expansion would be better so we could do champions league play and stuff like that

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Ao I DiLo

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    Horizontal Expansion Killed Vifa please do vertical via u21.. It accurately displays a real life professional soccer team.

• Like Like x 3
    OutlawsFCTV
  15. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    Exactly, VIFA went w/ barclays, la ligue and another one and it destroyed it.

My idea is we will grow vertically. the U21 will be there like the CHL for the NHL. Only have 4/5 guys on the U21 team but play with 4 or so other teams to create a U21 team. Maybe we use MLS teams for those, i dont know. When we expand, we plan to go Premier, championship, league 1 and league 2, 92 teams total all in the english league with promotion and relegation.

• Like Like x 1
    Scheckel29
  16. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    i agree this is a way better structure then using the top teams in europe. i really like the idea of having a few u21/loaned/whateveryoucallit making up championship teams. we could add them to the cup tournaments and expand that as well. i believe you guys have an amazing structure in place for the long term, my concern is mostly for the beta season before we really get booming. is it possible to consider maybe drafting 18 man rosters. then randomly assigning
    new sign ups to each roster only for the first season?

17. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    isnt that how late sign ups work in the LGHL? CHL players get randomly assigned to NHL orgs...here "U21" players will be randomly signed to premier league teams

Scheckel29
  18. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    Are we really believing that VIFA's downfall was the expansion? I like the u21 as well. In the end, it's 11v11.

Lokix6x
  19. Ao I DiLo

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    Well no but it sure didn't help. We know why it fell.

OutlawsFCTV
  20. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    just for clarification -> wouldn't the U21 (in beta) be the same as NHL -> AHL relations? (forgive my futbol noobness) ...also - not an issue needing to be addressed any time in the recent future (hopefully it is though meaning we have a very strong and demanding start - unlikely though ?)....if there is to be a CHL equivelant - has it been discussed or will it be brought up at that time (likely ?) if there will be direct 'affiliates' between all levels or not ?

(even if I am a nub - there may be alot of users come our way that are also as nub or moreso when it comes to the futbol world)

-- again - not something we NEED to spend alot of time on right now (if any)

Bottomless_Pit