RHADAMANTHE!!! (Is it cheating?)

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Stratton, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Stratton

Stratton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    RHADAMANTHE!!! (Is

I'm posting this messsage about the game play of certain gamers, (RHADAMANTHE), is one of them that I think cheat. The reason being the purposely hit shot that hits the top of the net and goes over. Nobody in the world could ever hit that kind of shot and its absoletely redicoulous. I know I get pissed off when i play this guy. He is not a good player, which makes it even worse.

I'm just wondering what other people think about this style of play. I believe it to be a B.S. And the bastard won't talk or anything about it. He also hits a weird serve as well, but in that aspect, a different serve throws your opponent off, even though its gay, I'm not complaing about that.

Stratton

No Streaming Account
  2. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well first of all, he cant play in this league if he doesn't wear his mic. And second thing, the serving over the net "BS" thing is still legal here. People have found a way to beat it, so we can't ban it.

Talk to Squidman I believe, he says he knows how to beat this.

No Streaming Account
  3. burlingtns best

burlingtns best Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree

I completely agree with everything you are saying. It's not tennis at all the way he plays. The thing is when you force him to rally you realize he isn't a good player at all so he has to use these tactics to win. It takes the fun out of the game and i know for one that if i ever have to play him in a tourney i will just forfeit the match cause it's not worth the 50 bucks i'm gonna have to shell out for a new controller after it finds it's way against my wall. His serve is garbage too....he does some topspin serve that bounces really high and you can't return it. I'm not sure if this is the so called glitch serve but it is annoying as hell. He is the only real guy i can think of that does this. I do hope there aren't anymore. I just wish we could have one game where people don't take advantage of faulty programming. All in all....still a great game!!

No Streaming Account
  4. burlingtns best

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    net

The serve as cheap as it is i can still try to live with. The shot where he can hit the top of the net and have it bounce over for a winner everytime is rediculous. I mean you can't defend it unless you are standing a foot from the net when he does it.....the thing is when he does it you are always farther back....that's just not tennis man.

No Streaming Account
  5. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I play real tennis, and someone that did that weak serve over the net would soon find a ball down his throat - so I do agree its not tennis. But then again, this isn't a sim game, so we can't really complain.

If this becomes a huge problem, then we will eventually ban it, but as of right now, its not. Sorry.

No Streaming Account
  6. burlingtns best

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like i said, i can try to deal with the serve as cheap as it is....but as soon as you get the guy down he does the shot that hits the net and drops over. There is nothing you can do about it. He can do it at anytime and he knows when he is in trouble he will use it. That's like playing a football game and anytime you need to stop a 3rd down gamble you can automatically sack the quarterback. It's a glitch in the game and should be banned. Once or twice in a game i can handle cause it does happen....but for someone to do it at will means there really is no point in playing this guy cause you don't have a chance to even hit the ball back.

No Streaming Account
  7. RogerFederer

RogerFederer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    babolat youre missing the point they are making. They're saying rhadamanthe can hit a normal shot, from the baseline and whenever he hits it, it will clip the net and trickle over for an instant winner.... Thats the problem... i havent experienced it yet but i hope to meet it.

No Streaming Account
  8. squidman711

squidman711 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    funny, i beat him, 3-1 3-0, never happened once to me!

No Streaming Account
  9. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think you are the exception, you are REALLY good.

I played him and he only got one of those let shots in. He just beat me in the angle game...

No Streaming Account
  10. jackBURTON

jackBURTON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do you do a good high bouncer spin serve in this game?

Do you use topspin? I've been trying to do it with no luck so far.

No Streaming Account
  11. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea topspin serve slower than full will bounce high.

No Streaming Account
  12. Tennis Playa

Tennis Playa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I beat that guy. I am amazed he is so high. I remember him doing the same "money shots' over and over...but I was able to beat him.

No Streaming Account
  13. Tennis Playa

Tennis Playa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to say it is cheating, but I would definitely say that it is bad gamesmanship on the part of people that do those kind of tricks.

Yesterday I played a guy (ghostwriter I think was his name) and he pulled all that kind of cr@p. It was really annoying that he did it OVER and OVER.

I usually don't care too much if I lose, but when I lost to him, I sure am glad I had my mic on mute because I was screaming expletives at the top of my lungs.

No Streaming Account
  14. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK LOOK GUYS, first of all, yes it is annoying as hell to play someone who does that damn spoon serve or whtaever every time to win points..but think about it, its part of the game..the way he spoons it, is the way you may hit that damned spnning slice every time..its all part of the game...the clipping of the net shot, now thats just damn impressive and im sure even more so annoying, but this guy figured out how to do it...yes its not real tennis, but this isnt either, its button mashing...AND btw..that topspin serve can be beaten if you know what youre doing or maybe if you have the right SKILLS selected...but ive seen ppl destroy it while others dont know how...everything in this game can be countered, problem is you have to take the time, or the LOSS at trying new things to beat it...its all part of the game guys...AND TRUST ME, YES I HATE IT when ppl do that cuz i have to sit there and watch it happen, but if i wanted to, i could do the same thing to him too....play him at his own game, might work or might not..point is, its all part of the game, so youll have to play it...i dont think anything on this game should be banned cuz that would be silly...that would show ppl won by complaining that they cant do something.
    peace
    KineticZ
    damn i was vocal today!

No Streaming Account
  15. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and yeah i agree its not fun to play these ppl either, but no when ppl play to WIN ... to them fun doesnt even matter, its all about winning...so.. they will resort to anything...something u just gotta deal with...what can you do.

No Streaming Account
  16. burlingtns best

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    tisk tisk

It's a shame that there is always a few rotten apples that ruin it for everybody. I will not resort to these tactics and i hope that the majority of people do not either. The net thing is rediculous...i mean he does it everytime if he has to. It just isn't tennis and i want no part of it.

No Streaming Account
  17. arfster

arfster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think this could work like survivor. Enough ppl have played enough ppl to know who is a cheeser/dinker/spooner/asshole or whatever u wanna call it. So if there is a consensus whether to someone is not playing for fun yet rather to win, which should be the sole determinant, then give him the boot. But I would say enough ppl would have to say it. I begin the nomination with Ragin Yoohoo. I find his tight fitting shirts and x-rated shorts offensive on the court. Any takers?....

how do u set up a poll anyone?...

No Streaming Account
  18. eze123_00

eze123_00 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    drop shot

I haven't played this Rhadamanthe yet b/c he keeps blocking me from my invites. I really hope that he'll play me one day though and try to do that drop shot to me. I've heard he isn't a good player and he only wins b/c of that shot. Funny thing is, I know how to do that shot too. I figured it out on accident while playing my brother. I don't use it online b/c I feel as though it's a serious flaw in the game and I haven't told anyone else how to do it b/c if it spreads, the game is going to become unbelievably boring online. Like I said though, if I ever do play someone that tries that shot, it's going to come right back at them.

No Streaming Account
  19. Master G 2003

Master G 2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok I played RHADAMANTHE (current #1 official) last night & it was the worst game I ever played bar none. I have no problem with losing to a good player but this was pure cheese. I thought I had seen all of the glitch serves before this but S**t. The serves were 15 feet high (it seemed) & way over to the side. If I did get it back it was a simple cross court for him, All he did was consistent drop shots, powershots Etc. Very short points for him or me. My dude just didn't want to touch it very often (even with risk shots)

It was the most unfun game I have ever played. I have never really tried to learn the glitch serves but after that I need to give this stuff back to these people. I think its lame & cheap, I would like to see the matches of the people who beat him.

Ohhh & even worse, he is #1 official right now grrrrrrrrr.

I did beat a below 50 player yesterday though :D A great game played fairly & cleanly throughout. I had to take a break afterwards :shock:

No Streaming Account
  20. kikosport105

kikosport105 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here's the deal with rhadamanthe.... he posts pretty regularly over at the xbox forums according to him he will use his cheap tactics over and over if you abuse the pressing of the "white/black" buttons. basically if you abuse the attitude, he'll cheese you to death... when i beat him he actually played a pretty clean match... aside from the serve, and i knew about using the attitude buttons beforehand so i left them alone.. but the trick to beating that wide/high bouncing serve of his is to stand BEHIND the baseline and cheat to that corner... then keep slicing it down the line (i had curve slice so it helped a lot) until he starts cheating that way and then hit cross-court topspin. after you counter that serve, he is definitely beatable.....

No Streaming Account