Please get a league for ESPN NCAA BBALL

Discussion in 'Suggestions & feedback' started by esinrada, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esinrada

esinrada Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please get a league

This game is going to be off the hook and with as many teams as there are in college hoops the sky's the limit in terms of how many people can be in the league.

No Streaming Account
  2. skornzbolt23

skornzbolt23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it's not a matter of "please make one" it's a matter of their time and such, they have alot of leagues running, and me personally i am glad we have what we do, and yes, we have asked for ncaa before, and if they can, i am sure they will:) btw i am skornzbolt, and i will be free tonight for some hoopin exb if you did want some games. i cannot promise no swearing, but i can promise being nice and laughing, lol. i run with the suns mostly :D

No Streaming Account
  3. Derek92

Derek92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it will happen. With more teams there becomes more stats which is more work. Besides we already have a B-Ball league.

No Streaming Account
  4. esinrada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will look for you skornzbolt23. I'll be on around 6pm EST. Lets do this.

Oh yeah, a profanity free game with me is impossible. Catch you later.

No Streaming Account
  5. skornzbolt23

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha, my kinda lady, anyone with at least a semi sewer mouth shows imperfection, and we're all just that :D see you then

No Streaming Account
  6. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i mention espn college basketball but not many people seemed interested

No Streaming Account
  7. skornzbolt23

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i don't like it for the pure fact, that people are numebrs not people. and franchise mode stinks because the teams change every four years, the nba game is much better. only thing ncaa has over 2k4 nba is that it has a chance to fix errors or complaints players have about nba 2k4

No Streaming Account
  8. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be interested in guess what college?
    U of Minnesota
    Actually Derek it doesnt mean more stats, it just means more people uploading stats.

No Streaming Account
  9. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, not really. They are developed by different companies (Visual Concepts vs Kush).

The only thing they have in common is their publisher (Sega Sports) but the development teams don't work together (which is why the NCAA game looks year's behind the NBA game).

No Streaming Account
  10. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well although I wouldn't mind one, I am sure they want at least 20 people that would play in it. They need interest before they go ahead and do something.

No Streaming Account
  11. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont know jack about College b-ball but i will be getting the game for the Slam Dunk Contest and the Franchise mode.

Setting up a league for this would be hard just to get dedicated players. With so many teams to choose from everyone would only like to play as the top schools.

Since i'm already hooked on NBA 2k4 this would add replay value also for the IMPORT DRAFT CLASS.

No Streaming Account
  12. Virtual Assassin

Virtual Assassin Champ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    More Commishes means that a league could happen don't rule it out yet derek92

No Streaming Account
  13. esinrada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No offense to my new leaguegaming.com bretheren but you guys are all nuts. BigBoiz, Makavelli and I come from a league that ran three seasons with the NCAA game- playing from December to August. If that's not bang for your buck I don't know what is. How about this... I'll make a deal with the site admins. If I can get enough people interested in running in a league (at least 20 people) we do it.

The reason I'm pushing so hard for this is because I read the league info and it states that our goal hear is to run THE BEST game from each sport. NBA is a great game (VC stepped it up as usual) but NCAA is going to be much better. I'm no college bball fan but I love bball video games so I know the great from the good.

Here's the scenario... Michigan State is down by two with 10 seconds on the clock and no timeouts. The point guard brings it up the court, past the Indiana bench. If you have HDTV, you see he's sweating bullets but he's a PTPer baby.... he came to play. (Praying to the basketball gods: "Please let Dicky V. be in this game.... now back to the show.) He spots the center spinning off his man toward the basket. Should he throw the oop? The Indiana PF steps up to pick up the loose man...

The PG keeps it. He'd better hurry. He pulls up.....

It has a chance....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? He's a Diaper Dandy. A three at the buzzer. The MSU crowd goes wild and the Spartan mascot walks over to the Indiana bench... what's he doing? He's taunting the coach. He's dancing on the sidelines. OH MY. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

ESPN COLLEGE HOOPS....

dun nuh nuh...... dun nuh nuh

No Streaming Account
  14. BiGBOiZ

BiGBOiZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its aint a league site unless u got the NCAA hoops...... we dont need like 60 teams just like 32 in every other league that way every 1 gets pretty much a good team or there home town team us noobs could run it but yet we aint that great woth creating graaphics but we could make schedules rosters but would take alot of work but itd br the shit think bout it!

No Streaming Account
  15. esinrada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WHAT???

No Streaming Account
  16. BiGBOiZ

BiGBOiZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol damn i must have spaced out ir somethin i dunno what i was trien to say:laugh:

No Streaming Account
  17. esinrada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I read it about 4 times... I'm trying to figure out if it's online code for something. lol

Oh BigBoiz, I just don't know what I'm going to do with you.

No Streaming Account
  18. skornzbolt23

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea that does make sense, everyone will wanna be the ebst teams, just like in the nba game :roll: oh well. i'll stick with the nba game and save 45 bucks

No Streaming Account
  19. esinrada

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's a problem with NBA because there are only 30+ teams. College has 300+ so even if you have the very last pick and everyone selected powerhouses, you can still matchup with them. Who people pick is not a big deal on this game (like I said I played the last one competitively for months). It doesn't really matter who you pick if you don't know how to use them to their strength then they're just some average joes. A lot of people slept on the NCAA game and missed the best bball game of the year last year. It's a shame but rent it, buy it, try it... whatever you have to do but don't sleep again this year because it is going to blow NBA out of the water...AGAIN

No Streaming Account
  20. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't really care if there is a league or not but I'm willing to bet you can't get 20 people from this site interested in a season without recruiting people from other websites.

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.