Playoff Scenerio LG Style

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by windlessmoney, Jan 4, 2005.

1. edge997

edge997 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With the Den/Ind game complete the playoffs seedings appear complete. Here they are with the 1st round matchups. Couple interesting games including Den/Cin and Car/TB.

AFC
    1. JAC
    2. PIT
    3. DEN
    4. MIA
    5. IND
    6. CIN

Cin @ Den
    Ind @ Mia

NFC
    1. PHI
    2. MIN
    3. CAR
    4. SF
    5. WAS
    6. TB

TB @ Car
    Was @ SF*

No Streaming Account
  2. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    SF is no longer in the playoffs. The Rams are taking their place. :wink:

3. The Genesis

The Genesis Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so when do we start???

No Streaming Account
  4. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There are still some unplayed games so I imagine after they are played.

No Streaming Account
  5. edge997

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I figured something needed to be done with SF, that's why I had the * in the Was @ SF* game. Thanks for the update.

That makes that game much more interesting now.

No Streaming Account
  6. The Genesis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think this is wrong. The only game left to be played if Mia/NE. This game has no impact on the playoff situation, since for one, Pitt and Den both beat Mia, so if they were to win, and end up with the same rec as Pitt and Den (11-5), they would automatically be seated below both. This means a 4 seed for Mia. If Mia lost, they would have a 10-6 rec, and still end up #4, being the team with the lowest win% and being a div winner.
    Ok, so that leaves the question of who is the #2 seed in the AFC. Pitt and Den have 11-5 rec. Looking at the tie breaker rules (http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12502) we would first go to head-to-head matchups, but Pitt never played Den in the reg season. So we go to the rec within the division. Den was 6-0 in the west, while Pitt was 5-1 in the north. Therefore, Den would jump ahead of pitt for the #2 spot, and your final seedingS in the AFC would be:

1. JAC
    2. DEN
    3. PIT
    4. MIA
    5. IND
    6. CIN

Now in the NFC, its crazy. The NFC east division winner is impossible to figure out. Both have identical rec in head to head, division, common games played, and in the conf. I dont know what strength of victory, so i went by what one of u said earlir, so it looks like the NFC is like you said:

1. PHI
    2. MIN
    3. CAR
    4. STL
    5. WAS
    6. TB

No Streaming Account
  7. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will be working on getting this worked out today so we can have the official playoff seeding and games set.:wink:

8. edge997

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was going by this paragraph:

OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES
    1. Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild-Card tie breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to step one of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tie breaker, all other clubs revert to step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format.
    2. In comparing division and conference records or records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor since teams may have played an unequal number of games.
    3. To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tie breakers.
    4. To determine home-field priority for Wild-Card qualifiers, apply division tie breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild-Card tie breakers (if teams are from different ivisions).

So the Wildcard Tiebreaker is:( There is no division comparison for wildcard)

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM
    If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
    1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
    2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
    1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
    4. Strength of victory.
    5. Strength of schedule.
    6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best net points in conference games.
    9. Best net points in all games.
    10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    11. Coin toss.

That's just my interpretation:
    We'll wait for Marauders to go through it himself to give the official word.

No Streaming Account
  9. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Should've just beat me genesis and we wouldn't have all this controversey. ;)

No Streaming Account
  10. The Genesis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    edge i see what u are saying. Didnt read that. Man i know MP, oh well, I wasted 30 min of my life trying to figure something out that was already done.

No Streaming Account