Play Halo on Xbox with a Keyboard & Mouse

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by lilheavy, Oct 5, 2004.

1. lilheavy

lilheavy Louisiana Swamp Cat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  2. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Booo.... I can't believe this is happening. I really hope a whole bunch of people dont go picking this up so they can get an advantage playing with a keyboard and mouse. :(

No Streaming Account
  3. First Canadian

First Canadian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    u mean disadvantage. it's horrible playing with a keyboard and a mouse. tehy weren't designed for game, xbox controllers were

No Streaming Account
  4. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    your joking me right... FPS games are best played on keyboard and mouse... its MUCH easier to aim using a mouse...I think you're confused

No Streaming Account
  5. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow! Not worried. 8)

No Streaming Account
  6. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    MP is right on this, a keyboard & mouse will be easier, but for an old Dawg like myself it may give us a chance just to get even! :(

Especially if your using a Roller Ball type mouse!!!!! :twisted:

No Streaming Account
  7. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I heard there was a delay with this set-up - might not be very good after all?

No Streaming Account
  8. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope so.

No Streaming Account
  9. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if i start getting owned on line.. ill look into this keyboard and mouse thing...lol.. Believe FPS are A LOT EASIER, A LOT.. with a keyboard and mouse...

No Streaming Account
  10. The Corona Man

The Corona Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I WILL GET IT

No Streaming Account
  11. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AND YOU WILL GET PWNED [-(

No Streaming Account
  12. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What's the big deal? If someone prefers to play with a keyboard and mouse let them. Nothing stopping anyone else from using one and I think it's great that there are other options out there for gamers. I personally find the thumbsticks to be extremely sensitive in some games and thus become discouraged when I can't be as precise as I need to be with my aim.

No Streaming Account
  13. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the "big deal" is that it isn't fair that we should have to buy something in order to compete online with people who have that peripheral.

I become discouraged too, but not so much that I feel the need to buy something to have an advantage over other people. I know I'll be frustrated when I'm trying to use my thumbs and all my opponents are doing is moving a cursor with extreme precision :? . I know you'll say that all I should do is buy the keyboard and mouse then. Well, not all of us have the money to buy things like that ;)

It's kind of like the fishing rod controller for Pro Fishing Challenge. I thought it was great and enjoyed using it, until I realized that I was at a disadvantage by using it. I have set it aside and haven't touched it since. As a result, my fishing matches have become much more enjoyable since I can relax and play just like my opponents do.

No Streaming Account
  14. ExArmySgt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We're not going to turn this into a "haves" and "have nots" discussion huh? Geez, you can't make everyone happy and certainly there are plenty of people that have complained I'm sure that FPS on xbox didn't have the ability to use mouse and keyboard. You have such an option with PS2. You could make the argument that someone who is used to a keyboard and mouse is disadvantaged by having to use a controller without this option available. In the whole scheme of things, it's hardly going to turn any of us from good Halo players to phenomenal ones. As far as the money thing goes, sure not everyone has the money. But, there are those who don't have money to buy food. Should I good hungry because others have to?

No Streaming Account
  15. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whatever Army, I think you understand what I'm saying :roll: . Looks like you're the one wanting it to turn it into something more than it is though so I guess I had better explain. There's a difference between PC and consoles. One reason I personally don't play PC games is due to the keyboard. It's not my preference. Yes, I could've bought a controller and yes, I would've been at a disadvantage.

What I'm saying is, the majority of console gamers will use the controller. However, there will be some that will use the mouse which can be pin-point in it's accuracy which in turn will provide a disadvantage to controller users. With you doing graphics lately, you should realize the difference.

To me, the appeal of console gaming is everyone is using the same equipment. Therefore, it comes down to the skill of the user rather than store-bought skill.

The only reason I said anything about not being able to afford anything was because you said that there is "nothing stopping anyone else from using one". Well, there is ;)

No Streaming Account
  16. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    EXACTLY.

I dare someone from this site to purchase this cheap pile of crap. I'll make it my goal to completely annihilate you. :twisted:

No Streaming Account
  17. ExArmySgt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I see your point juji but people that are playing games on xbox and buying games for it will not likely have an issue of money when it comes to buying this adapter.

Still, I hardly see how a mouse and keyboard is going to give some insanely unfair advantage one way or another. Perhaps to a mild degree, but hardly something that's going to be huge. I see it as a personal preference. To those that play or have played a lot of FPS on computer and make the leap over to xbox for this game, sure, the transition will be a smooth one. Hell, I bet there are even people who have used the kb/mouse that will still prefer the controller. Either way, there will be plenty of people out there using the controller that will mop the floor with the likes of controller and kb/mouse users alike. Up until this point no one has had the adapter in SWBF and you still find yourself having a hard time doing well, no? Bottom line is, no matter how good you are at a game, there's always someone better.

No Streaming Account
  18. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank god none of my friends are LAME enough to go buy special devices (kb and mouse) to gain an advantage. I really hope this kb/mouse thingy has some lag issues with it to prevent it from being any sort of advantage.

Question for anyone that knows...will you be able to use voice chat with the kb and mouse?

No Streaming Account
  19. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  20. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hrmm I guess you would have to have it kind of close to you as the headset cord isnt that long.

No Streaming Account