Opinions on Staff / Staff Feedback

Discussion in 'LGFA - Players Association' started by Bottomless Pit, May 4, 2015.

1. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    This is something I have been meaning to post, but have had higher priority items I have been dealing with so didn't get a chance to. Yes - I have seen @DiLo l 19 l 's post in the main forum titled "Why staff is incompetent." ...so it's about time I put this up...and NO it will not earn him a ban for doing so

A few ground rules:

This thread is specifically for constructive STAFF feedback. Anyone can feel free to post in ANY of these threads.

Outright bashing for the sake of bashing will NOT be acceptable and can lead to further punishment...be it against staff or anyone else. We are promoting a fun, competitive and welcoming environment here. BANTER and bragging rights are acceptable, but we will step in if you have crossed the line.

To be useful refrain from trolling. This is NOT the place for complaints. That is the Action Center IF you want to make an 'official' complaint. However, everything here is publicly viable to all and can be used as proof towards a complaint / appeal.

Like chat box punishments - behavior in forum posts can also be punished.

We want to hear about the good, the bad and the ugly. We know we didn't walk in to the best of the best seasons and that we have alot of challenges. Hopefully, this will help improve things for everyone. Negative posts are fine as long as they are constructive or provide a general opinion and it does NOT violate any of the above.

IF this thread becomes successful and useful:

A separate post will be put up for feedback on management teams (uncertain if it will be 1 for each team or 1 for all management in general). . These are intended to give us feedback specifically on this season's management selections.

Potentially there will be another post as well for feedback on potential managers/owners. This is specifically for candidates of future seasons. These are intended to give us positive/negative feedback on current players/managers and why you think they should/shouldn't be permitted to be promoted.

Bottomless_Pit
  2. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    I think you've been pretty great. Honestly, you're work and effort really shows in the forums. Keep up the good work bud!

• Like Like x 5
    Lokix6x
  3. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    Its not the staff's fault, its that we have (insert your own hate word here) who seem to purposely try to break the rules rather then play by them.

its never something someone does by mistake and PM's to try and fix it.. it seems the issue is, we have someone that always seems to diliberatly try to break them or find a way to sneakily get what they want.

The way I look at it now (being Ex commish and now player) you are always going to have someone that tries to "do anything to win/get friends/stat pad/whatever" regardless of whatever rule you try to implement/remove/change.

I think the solution here is simpily remove these players from the league giving a BL/Ban for 1-2 seasons, another thing is dont allow people to buy out there ban the same season, if they want to buy it out to play in other leagues sure, but not to just get auto assigned on another team.

This is not directed towards anyone but just in general, I know maybe certain situations call for something different but just an idea, especally now that we have been going a few seasons people should know what is expected and start to enforce a Zero Tolerance policy for rule breaking. The CB is a little different, text is almost impossible to tell someones emotion if that be joking or serious.. unless it is a personal attack to the person's direct life outside of LG or someone posting personal information, racism etc. then I could see a CB ban being necessary.

Really anything at this point to weed out the negative nancy's and keep the fun dedicated people.

Speaking candidly, This is by far the best staff we have had so far, including Myself and Scheckel.. Dont take for granted what we have. There was an opening for everyone to have the chance to make a difference and join the staff at some level or another. it is alot of work to do the smallest things around here so give these guys some credit rather then hating 24/7. Now if these guys could get Viva/Rush on board this would without a question be the best and Bottomless now on P.A.

This is the most active staff we have had in a long time and I think we should just be thankful they are doing this FOR FREE and listening to us all bitch and still keep the league running.

rant for the day is done, thank you!

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
  4. Rushpac

Rushpac First ever back-to-back PLB champion bitches!

Ratings:
    +981 / 17 / -16
    In response to [MENTION=6812]sK x TakeNotes[/MENTION], I'm not sure it is up to the staff to decide who can and can't buy out bans. I think it is site-wide policy that has to be followed. We all know that NHL players are just as greasy, but they are allowed to buy back in because that is just how it is, and it is nice that [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION] does get a little bit of a $$$ for his efforts and that is comes from people who try to undermine what he has allowed us to create.

So I guess my feedback to staff would be to continue to be strict and stern as the constitution and site policies allow (something we lacked last season, and I say that as a BOG from that season) but remember it is not a Cold War Russia either.

• Like Like x 3
    Rushpac
  5. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +261 / 15 / -9
    Excellent feedback...and thank you all for the support (that's not just from me). Keep the feedback coming. Just to 'probe'....what would YOU like to see more of from your PA?

Given the success I will be putting up a similar thread for management prospects later tonight. And feel free to advertise yourself also. It will not be our only source for candidate selection, but we would like to get a more knowledgeable understanding on those members that are interested in gaining a position of leadership on a team. Just a reminder to anyone who IS interested. Management can be just AS difficult or at times MORE than staff (debatable). It's not always fun and games. More on this in days and weeks to come.

Bp

Bottomless_Pit
  6. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    Tris could verify this but he told me when I was commish that he would be ok with implementing that because it raised a stink in hockey a while back where people would just do it until they got on a good team (unless this changed back?) I just thought if you even do it now in the NHL/AHL your rights are taken away and you can only play in the CHL as a P (prospect).. sure good to get some cash but really shitty for a league, makes nothing worth anytime like bidding/transfers/trade requests if someone can just keep doing that. especially top players that could make or break a team.

Really I honestly am not sure [MENTION=9430]Rushpac[/MENTION] lol .. either way if we are worried about that make bans/BL a minimum of 2 seasons so they not only buy back in they have to sit the current on going season.. Win Win! :)

Last edited: May 5, 2015