*OFFICIAL* EA Sports NHL 09 Wish List

Discussion in 'EA NHL Hockey' started by swiper19, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xCHAMPx75

xCHAMPx75 xCHAMPx75

Ratings:
    +36 / 3 / -4
    Yeah i hear you everyone is using pitts or mtl.. i use different teams all the time, i guess i should use Det. now on sick of facing pittsburgh. Even though i like hitting after the play a penalty would be cool to be given out on a late hit.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  2. 5holegoal

5holegoal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know most of these things have been said already, but i just made a list of all my ideas, so here it goes.

-Broken sticks
    -More hit animations, I know this is a stretch, but there's a football game called backbreaker using a system where every tackle is different, that would be pretty cool in hockey.
    -Pushing during plays in front of the net, maybe a fight
    -After a hat trick, actually show the hats being thrown onto the ice, and the octopi in Detroit
    -Slapshots from down on one knee
    -Improved fighting (grabbing jerseys, spinning around, helmets flying off from a huge punch, ya know, the usual :mrgreen:. )
    -Less deflections going out of play
    -More save animations. I wanna see those goalie saves where they get deked out then just desperately slide their leg over and block it with their toe.
    -Hip check animation needs redone, they flip way too fast, it just looks weird
    -Speakin' of hip checks, make people be able to get injured on something other than a hip check
    -Diving shots
    -Checking over the boards into the benches
    -Broken glass on a big check into the wall, and on slapshots
    -More action whent he puck is in the corner ( pinning people against the wall, elbows flying, having to kick the puck out with your skate. )
    -Less hitting the post on shots
    -People's helmets fall off on big hits
    -If you're down five goals in the third period and you score, the crowd shouldn't go crazy and neither should the players.
    -Players getting hit with slapshots fall to the ice sometimes, and maybe get injured from it
    -I'm not sure there should be a button to start a fight, but rather if two people from opposing teams check each other a few times, or one highsticks the other, maybe a fight will break out then.
    -Also, more than 1 person per team can fight, in a lot of games i end up fighting the same guy 3 times.
    -New commentation, I don't want to hear the announcers say the same thing over and over
    -Maybe I have bad defense or a bad goalie or something, but if I give up 17 shots in one game, they really shouldn't make 8 of them
    -Game sliders
    -Smarter A.I , especially for your team. They never move on offense, and I've never seen them check, or block a shot on defense
    -Better faceoffs. More of a challenge would be nice instead of one player simply taking it
    -I want highlights. Highlights from my team earlier in the season and highlights during other games being played during one of your intermissions instead of the pause menu just popping up. Maybe add the entrance before the game where it is dark and each team skates onto the ice while music is playing. Then show some players and their stats, which would be a perfect time to show some highlights!
    -Make the 3 stars of the game more exciting. Maybe show some clips of why they were chosen, ya know show some goals, assists, hits, if they're a goalie show some big saves.
    -I don't know what all the other teams do, but I know the penguins always have the subway sandwich of the game, which is the biggest hit
    -Icon passing
    -Create-an-arena for your created team

Come on EA, if it's in the game, it's in the game!

No Streaming Account
  3. mwagge

mwagge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hartford Whalers Jersesy's

No Streaming Account
  4. DanglesaurusRex

DanglesaurusRex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Amen! Why no Nord's jersey for Colorado also? I'd love to see old jerseys for teams who have moved or just old team jerseys. Old Canucks jerseys with just the big V's in gold/black or old Kings jerseys. I can keep going on!

No Streaming Account
  5. Ov08

Ov08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In NHL 09, I would like to see Ovechkin actually look like he does in real life, and make him skate, shoot and hit more realistically. The game just has to be better all around especially in the shooting and deking, please make it more realistic and fun.

No Streaming Account
  6. Ov08

Ov08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I said make Ovechkin look like he does in real life I ment, vector v10 skates, yellow laces and not short hair and acne!

No Streaming Account
  7. canuck18

canuck18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The customization for the equipment this year was awesome. But they could take it a step further. For ex. instead of just having the vapor XXX stick, in nhl 09 they could have the vapor XXXX stick the one90 stick, the one10 wood stick and the vapor XXX. The game is awesome and EA could take it a step further and ad all the 08/09 equipment in the game. So instead of just having 15 sticks to choose from they could have all 33 different models in the NHL. Here are those 33 sticks used in the NHL, same goes for gloves, skates and helmets and goalie equipment. It would be nice to have broken sticks also. And broken glass like in the Current-Gen NHL video games.

Here are the sticks: Rbk Sickick Gen II
    Rbk O-Stick
    Rbk 2k [wood]
    Rbk Sickick Gen II [Gold Edition[Crosby's stick]]
    Innovative Trilage
    Easton Synergy SL
    Easton Synergy ST
    Easton Synergy SE
    Easton Synergy Si-Core
    Easton Stealth S17
    Easton Ultra-Lite
    Warrior Dolomite
    Warrior Mac Daddy
    Warrior AK-27
    Warrior Johnson
    Warrior Royale
    Warrior Kronik
    Warrior Starskie
    Nike Bauer one95
    Nike Bauer one90
    Nike Bauer one90 stick um' [the dark red one Malkin uses]
    Nike Bauer Vapor XXXX
    Nike Bauer Vapor XXX
    Nike Bauer one10 [wood]
    Sher-Wood RM-19
    Sher-Wood Momentum
    Mission Ti-Pro
    TPS Response R8
    CCM Vector 10.0
    CCM U+
    Montreal Nitro

No Streaming Account
  8. studer5

studer5 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow nhl 08 sucked my left nut. It was nothing like a real hockey game and didnt even come close to capturing the atmosphere of the nhl.

Here's what needs to be improved:

1. Legend mode like in ncaa football. allow us the option to view from a 1st person view. Players will go through the everyday grind of being a top player.

2. dynasty mode was good. however in any game mode, the gameplay is totally unrealistic. ill score a goal and like 10 sec later the other team gets it rite back. the rarely ever happens in hockey.

3. more penalties other than tripping and interference. how come there arent any high sticks or cross checks? and another thing: holding looks like the guy is trying go anal on the poor victim

4. a specific button to trigger a fight. whoever came up with the idea of having the same button for fighting and slashing is ~*~*. there is no way to fight without taking a dumb penalty or turning the penalties off

5. broken sticks/ lost sticks

6. create a team was horrible. They should have deafault rosters like in madden and the other football games so that if you choose an all-star roster itll create a bunch of 80-90 guys where if you choose like 'cupcake' or something youll get 60-70 players.

7. in create a team, there should be more than 12 logos. thats just ~*~*. also the ability to create your own team name would b nice.

8. more facial options and equipment options for create a player

everything was alright except 4 these

No Streaming Account
  9. canuck18

canuck18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice when you are creating a team, instead of having to choose from 12 fictional logos, it would de nice for ex: i want to create a team. I name them the Vancouver Canucks, instead of having to choose the logo that resembles the most like a orca, i can just pick the crest that the Canucks are actually using, from there on out i can create the jerseys the color of the gloves and helmets [that part is awesome] and then just carry of the roster of the Canucks and then be able to use the Canucks, just there will be my own custom jerseys and gloves and helmets and socks. It would be good if EA could include those 12 fictional logos, historic logos [Winnipeg Jets, Hartford Whalers etc...] and the current 30 NHL logos. And to have the ability to choose the skill level of your team and not choose a custon NHL roster: [cupcake, physical, all-star or average]

No Streaming Account
  10. Ov2008

Ov2008 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think another thing that should be added to NHL 09 is new celebrations. The ones in NHL 08 are getting old and repeated and NHL 09 should have at least 30 celebrations to choose from at edit player where you can choose 5 celebrations for the player. Like for Ovechkin, you can choose that he will jump off of the boards, his fist pump and more. Daniel Briere's huge fist pump and more just to make it more realistic. Edit player should have alot more freedom to edit NHL players. Finally in NHL 09 there should be a mode or even put it in practice mode where you can have 1 on 1 games, 2 on 1 games, 2 on 2 games etc. Please make it better!

No Streaming Account
  11. Ov2008

Ov2008 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also, powerplays should be more frequant and affective. Eliminate how the Cpu is always trying to get the puck and skate with it, it should be more realistic and settle so you can actually move around and pass it in the slots and create huge one timers and the cpu are trying to eliminate lanes and block shots instead of skating full speed at you to hit. The powerplay should also bring more energy to the team and they should be a main factor in the game because the power play is pretty much the main reason a team wins in the new NHL especially the playoffs. Make Skating better aswell, NHL 08 was way better than 07 in skating but it still is not that realistic, people should skate different like Ovechkin and it should feel more realistic and more controlling and easier to know who is who when skating. Another thing that should be added to NHL 09 especially in edit player, for stats of a player or where ever, is energy or I guess it can fall under aggressivness. The player or line(first line) if aggresive or "flying" should be dominate in the game and beat everyone to the puck and result in more goals such as Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Crosby etc. should have a high stat in that so they can have really good shifts and be affective in the games so the cpu or the person playing the game has to watch for the players and when they are on the ice, that should be the new part of the game and the main theme. Please Read!

Last edited: May 5, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  12. Ov2008

Ov2008 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also on the power-plays the cpu and person playing NHL 09 should always try to be looking for the key player open, so they can set him up for a shot. Example: Washington power play they should try to find Ovechkin open in the slot for a goal.

No Streaming Account
  13. Ov2008

Ov2008 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another thing that should be added to the game especially shoot outs but still in regular games are player dekes. Each player should have their 2 own dekes that could be custimized in edit player, like Sam Gagner would have his deke and more but it would be like 2k8 where but each player have their own and it would be more realistic.

No Streaming Account
  14. eddie24

eddie24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think you should be able to pick your celebrations when you score. That you can set like 4 on the directional pad. Like Tiger Woods

No Streaming Account
  15. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    One of the biggest things I would like to see is a complete reworking of the hitting. Hip checks should be damn near impossible to pull off in open ice, also the lock on hitting system is ~*~*. My personal favorite is when there is a loose puck in front, I press up on my stick and my player leaves the puck and hits somebody in front of the net.

Also rework the shooting, make the goalie react to the puck and not how you press the sticks. Should help eliminate cheese goals, also shot accuracy and power should be increased the longer you can hold the puck and aim. Obviously a guy holding the puck in a shooting position in the high slot is going to get a great scoring chance. While a quick shot from a great shooter is a great chance you don't see a guy like Matt Cooke flicking a quick wrister and beating a goalie often.

Goalies rarely get beat low, especially 5 hole.

One timers should be more effective but more difficult to execute

Better controls for clearing the zone, bring back the soft dump button let us chip it off the glass to get it out, or even flick it straight out of the zone, but also risk the delay of game penalty. I hate having to launch a rocket to clear the zone.

Injuries from **** not called a hip check.

Better controls for tying the opponents stick up, especially in front, over using gets a slash or high stick.

Get rid of the player goalie collision crap, my guy brushes by a goalie and loses the puck? Seriously

Players with good puck control can stick handle at high speed, and actually move their feet while doing it.

No Streaming Account
  16. Nubbz

Nubbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [*] A stronger server...(better connection)

No Streaming Account
  17. Nubbz

Nubbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Better server

No Streaming Account
  18. Andesh

Andesh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In GM-mode you should be able to choose wich country you're from and coach your nation in the World championship and the Olympics.

No Streaming Account
  19. Grav3Digger

Grav3Digger "To Be Great Is To Be Misunderstood"

Discord:
    Grav3digger#7583
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Fix that stupid down loading rosters every time you turn on the 360 to play. When it says "do you want to save?" after down loading and I say yes....I expect it to be saved and not have to down load again unless its a updated roster. That could not be more frustrating.

Also for Online play ...PLEASE fix the weak long range shots that continue to go in constantly. I cant begin to tell you how many times you will see a non skilled online gamer just take those stupid wrist shots from the point with no traffic in front and they go in...then you go down the ice on a 2 on 1 pass across to an open net and you either get the post or shot out of play. Its like they help the lower skilled players to keep game even but if you ask me... make those low skilled players get better don't reward them by giving them those weak goals. It has turned me off such a great game.

Some of the player rankings need to be adjusted. Example...Huet has the best save percentage since the lock out yet he is an 83... Olie Kolzig who is flat out horrid is an 84.

I love 08 but the online play has turned me off some what due to the lack of real hockey goals being scored. I love playing online and there should be a focus on that as well. Also the interference calls need to be fixed... to many times you make a pass up and even the AI drills him before he gets the puck..but no call and then there is times you are racing another player to the corner and get call for interference with a slight bump.

Would love to see broken sticks and players losing their sticks...not just on a big hit.

Would like better fighting but no a huge thing for me for I love the game more than the fights.

The hitting is pretty good however online with some slight lag there is like a tractor beam with the hits and you have no chance to deek around it.

Fantasy Draft!!!!

20. Greyen

Greyen Bar Down or Bust

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    better puck control while stickhandleing, the ability to move the puck around using only one hand to protect it, keep the LB dekes and throw in some breakaway moves to pull. It would be more like a body movement but leave the shooting to the player so like for instance have a motion that looks like the Datsyuk only leave the actual shot to the player so you can wait as long as you want or be able to modify it with a drop pass or something sweet like that.

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.