NHL S3 DRAFT RECAP

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by nyBARISny, Sep 30, 2016.

?

Who had the best draft?

1. Canucks

2. Blackhawks

3. Bruins

4. Penguins

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Hello LGHL PSN,
    This is my first of many articles for S3, hope its not a awful read.
    The Draft a way to retool and rebuild for the future or just reap the benefits or Traping all the bad teams last year. Anyway im going to attempt to give a brief summary of the the season 3 draft as it pertains to each team. I will also throw my personal opinion grade for each team.

Eastern Conference

Boston Bruins - Working with picks 1,7 and 26 i like alot of the picks that chief made here. Grabbing @I-Bone__Crusha-I with the first pick was a good pick after @PtP_Pr0t3ction- went rouge and decided he would rather play defense then play offense for chief. Just wondering if bone will actually play or be "too busy" or maybe he just hands in a trade request we will have to see. He also then went out and grabbed @Kraz18 who was phenomenal last year in the ahl. Itll be interesting to see if @JClaus33 will be coming to the bruins in bidding as well. @rV_CLuTcHz was a nice grab at 26th as well im sure he will impress more then people think.
    Overall Grade- A

Sabres- Didn't have any picks, and didn't obtain any.
    Overall Grade- N/A

Hurricanes- Didn't have any picks, and didn't obtain any.
    Overall Grade- N/A

Blue Jackets- Working with all later picks here, nothing special was to be expected from these picks and nothing special did happen. A good steal at 35 grabbing @Biglambers if he actually plays if he doesnt then this draft sucked. I have no idea who @Rockgosu4 or @munchkiny1980 are so those people are prob going straight to the AHL.
    Overall Grade- C if Biglambers plays prob higher.

Red Wings- Didn't have any picks, and didn't obtain any.
    Overall Grade- N/A

Panthers- A bunch of late picks late as in 3 picks in the last 10 picks and they grabbed Ok people i like the pickup of @Alexcleroux1995 out of the 3 people you selected especially on a 500k 2 year contract. You picked Polgz at 90 and im almost postive that nobody in the chat box will ever hear the end of that so thanks alot @KingClutchlx77l . The real question is if @TacticFreezie is even going to be able to stay up that late to play NHL games?
    Grade- B-

MTL- I have no idea who this guy is and his name is absolutely insane im not gonna bother typing it here but you picked him at 76th so whatever happens happens.
    Overall Grade- C

Devils- Went with @lx JoneZ xl over @HazeeHype and so did like 30 other teams. Jonez was the best goalie this draft had to offer and he also went top 20 in xbox as well. The late draft of @SebCrakpot at 51 isnt bad either. The only issue is you took a goalie so early but if it had to be one person might as well be Jonez.
    Overall Grade- B

Islanders- Picked @Cheesuschrst at 82nd who on a 500k contract and hopefully playing for a better team then he did last year should put up solid stats. I like him at 82nd and feel that he will do well here.
    Overall Grade- B

Rangers- Had a decent amount of picks but none were high enough to be grab anyone elite but i liked who you picked when you had the chance. Grabbing @Ltz_McLovin and @Greeno1822 are both solid adds i know 90% of the community hates @XxB_M_A_CxX but i think he actually is great value at 70 i have no idea who the other people are but those three picks alone are pretty decent.
    Overall Grade- B+

Ottawa- 1 pick and i think you got one of the more underrated people in the AHL last year @redflag33 i think on a 500k contract that is great value, and if he ends up playing for Bing the AHL management will be ecstatic.
    Overall Grade- B

Flyers- A decent amount of picks and i like some of them and hate the others. Grabbing @nriney was a nice pick at 21 and grabbing @ApexPredator724 at 43 was also an nice addition, @The_Blind_Ref will prob make your AHL team happy as well. Your other picks all leave me scratching my head, drafting 2 sub par dmen and a dude who is chatbox banned for 6 months and is one more strike away from being site banned prob wasnt your best choice...
    Overall Grade- C

Penguins- So many picks all in the top 20 this team had the opportunity to kill this draft. Did they? I like the picks of @Shawntheboss_1 , @Girgs28 and @StrengthLegacySr . Im not sure about picks 18 and 19, i think those are both stretches at that high of a overall espically with much better options on the board but the steal of Strength at 47 basically washes that out. Nice move to pick @JLott0910 so he can be GM in AHL as well.
    Overall Grade- B+

Lightning- As @Chaskin12 said earlier in the shoutbox "We went with defense" and as @ryno--7 said "but you picked @Goosechuk so thats minus 3 dmen". I think goose was a reach here but if you are grabbing him to make sick videos thats a plus. Patton was a ok pick but again i think another reach but i did like the late pick of @Ransom613 i think he does well for his contract worth. The pick of Ransom doesnt make it any better that yall reached on two picks.
    Overall Grade- C-

Maple Leafs- Call me crazy but i didnt hate either of these picks, @sanjose01 on a 500k contract and @HazeeHype at 34 is not bad at all. Doesnt matter what the community thinks about Haze if the kid preforms nobody will care. Not quite top 10 hazee but hey still got picked.
    Overall Grade B+

Capitals- Two picks here neither of them high and ive only heard of one of them. @I8l_Nik_I6l at 63 is another value pick whether he goes to the bears or stays on this team who knows but it could be a decent performance for his price. No idea who @chaseironside is and im gonna assume your AHL GM wanted him and at 81 thats not bad at all.
    Overall- B

Western Conference

Ducks- 2 late picks...2 great picks i love @TommyLegamerQc at 48th and i definitely like @Blderunner_GT at 72 i think those two picks really help out @Polska_B0SS_780 this year. EDIT-BLDE retired so not a big a fan of this as i once was
    Overall- B

Coyotes- A decent amount of picks they acquired this season and i like alot of them but then some i dont. I like the picks at 12, 49 and 61. I dont like the picks at 17 and 57. I think alot of people forget how good @Rukhshan_NHL was in the short time he played in the AHL good that you guys did not. I dont know who this @Nhltwister is and i think @B37Will was a huge reach at 17. But other then that not a bad start in the desert.
    Overall Grade- B-

Flames- This is what happens when a AHL GM thinks what he did at the AHL level will immediately translate to the NHL he picks everyone on his team and then some random guy who impressed during scouting. Hi @Userpic1306 . So much better people left on the board but welcome everyone to the Calgary Barracuda.
    Overall Grade- D

Blackhawks- 2,4,14th and 40 what did @ScoootZ do with these picks well he increased how potent his offense is. Grabbing two "Defense"men in @PtP_Pr0t3ction- and @Stiivii-66 to attempt to round out his team before bidding. Itll be interesting to see how PTP fares after going to defense instead of staying at FWD. No idea who @Linde94 is but he was grabbed at 14 and @JayProulx wasnt a bad grab at 40. Overall this wasnt a bad grab with quality of the picks that he had to play with but the lack of a stay at home dman is mildly concerning tho.
    Overall- B

Avalanche- Mooner and beefy had a variety of picks to play with just nothing in the first round. You can see where beefy had some say in these picks here with @Hksevo and i really like the pick of @IxI-Toffoli-IxI all the way at 52 he was a very good player on the ice caps last year and i like his game a lot. Some other guys from the ahl were picked as well but nothing crazy, overall decent first draft.
    Overall- B

Stars- Maybe not the flashiest draft but i really liked this draft alot. @Fumancheezy_ was a nice grab at 20th and then @cinnabunz8 at 29 was another great grab, odd to see you pick @Balaia over @ApexPredator724 who was in your farm system last year. Not sure whats up with the 58th pick prob could have gotten better value but not the worst pick either.
    Overall- B+

Oilers- 1 pick and i have no idea who this is, had to go look him up and saw he played a grand total of 3 games...oh well. Im sure @Oso-Sic had his reasons i just dont know them.
    Overall- D

Kings- No idea how @TRIGGERED KeV was in the draft as he has played 3 seasons in the CHL in xbox but hey i like this pick at 25 18 games 81 points in the PSN CHL. No surprise that @Thomas_330 the former wolf was picked by @Jlm1410 . And then grabbing the under rated @Mahon_SoLo at 88 was a nice touch as well. Overall decent draft by the kings owner.
    Overall B

Wild- Prob the funniest pick was picking a goalie who played and was carried by Rochester last year and was benched for game 7 at 44 with a lot of better options still on the board. I do like the @Jayscott555 and @abbazabba24 pick but i dont think he was the best choice at 22 so i think thats a reach. So you had two reaches and one solid pick. Looks to be another long year here.
    Overall- D

Predators- They had one pick and they picked @Ryan_x_28 which isnt bad at all, if what they needed was a goalie then they got a decent one.
    Overall C

Sharks- I like the pick at 15 and im not sure about the pick at 45 because he played for rochester and anyone on defense and goalie had inflated stats to the max. But i do like the @TrueLegend07 pick.
    Overall- B

Blues- Grabbing a stay at home dman in @zdball over @Shawntheboss_1 and @Stiivii-66 shows they value the defense dman over the fact of a offensive one. Grabbing @JosephVelenoMe at 31 was nice and if he goes to the AHL could easily ECU him as a dman as well. I have no idea who @sam000mx is so that pick is whatever since its at 84.
    Overall- B+

Canucks- I love the @MxsterV2-77 pick here at #6 and then grabbing @ItzJohansen92 at 10 was amazing as well. I dont know anything about @WWickie17 so i wont comment on him. And @nick_k12 was a ok grab at 85 to round out this draft.
    Overall- B+

Jets- They had 2 picks and i didnt like either of them grabbing @A_CapTa1N_A over a host of other goalies and grabbing him at 24 and then @DStars_SC99 who i have no idea who that is, was another confusing pick. No idea what the idea was in this draft but i dont think it was accomplished.
    Overall- D

Best Draft-
    Best draft in the East- Bruins
    Best Draft in the West- Canucks
    Worst Draft-
    Worst draft in the East-Tampa
    Worst draft in the West- Calgary/Jets

Again this is just my opinion take it as it is.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Nybarisny
  2. Rehanek

Rehanek EASHL Historian

Ratings:
    +1,705 / 229 / -262
    I think the Red wings did the best

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Creative x 1
    RehanekYT
  3. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Great read, @nyBARISny . As an FYI, Ottawa traded it's 1st in S4 to acquire Nik from the Capitals. We considered him first round material, and would've taken him with our 22nd pick. We're delighted to get him at a quarter of the price.

• Like Like x 3
    fkncommishlb
  4. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    ....I dont agree on this trade a 1st rounder for him but hey man itll be interesting to see what happens. thanks for the quick update.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Nybarisny
  5. Twistnee

Twistnee cup check

Discord:
    Twistnee#0284
    Ratings:
    +158 / 14 / -57
    I guess you will just have to wait and see who I am ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    xtwisterr
  6. StrengthLegacySr

StrengthLegacySr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -8
    My vote was not biased at all :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    As said, we would've taken him at least with 22. And we have a deal in place that secured us giving up a first for him. I like his game, and played well with him. A risk worth taking, with the contingencies in place.

• Useful Useful x 1
    fkncommishlb
  8. JASON0914

JASON0914 hey bud

Discord:
    jason0914#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 4 / -8
    Im still bad i guess

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    Overall: (suck my) D

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    eZDangles
  10. canuckftc12W

canuckftc12W Well-Known Member

Discord:
    canuckftc12W#5025
    Ratings:
    +605 / 29 / -68
    Good read except for the part on Chicago, scootz easily drafted the best here. Ptp would be a top 4 or 5 dman on the console easily, stivii is a good dman too, and linde is a good pick up for the 2nd or 3rd line. Also executioner who ended up 33rd or whatever on edmonton is solid and was easily the best late pick, guy is good enough to have gone top 10

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Itsnucktime
  11. Offroad

Offroad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 5 / -24
    Great read!

• Like Like x 1
    offroad6901
  12. Chaskin12

Chaskin12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 17 / -19
    Will be nice to see how this all plays out. Guess we shall see who has best draft at end of year

Chaskin12
  13. vhigh

vhigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +640 / 8 / -68
    Baris I look forward to your stories the rest of the season... since you didn't say it I'll say it here for you, Baris gives his opinion and you don't have to like it or agree with it. If you can do better write your own like @ScoootZ did. I am just glad people want to put out media to read!!!

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Vhigh
  14. J_Carlos_96

J_Carlos_96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 27 / -28
    Good write up buddy and it's okay if you don't get why we took Dcstars, you'll see later on

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Jc4491
  15. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    With Blderunner retiring the Anaheim Ducks have selected @xStealth__Wolf LD 2 G 31 A +16 33PTS

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  16. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Damn a downgrade but at least it wasn't a wasted pick

• Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  17. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Yeah unfortunately Blderunner retired 22 he's before the draft and I set my pre picks on Tuesday and didn't catch that as it didn't list him a second retired

• Like Like x 2
    TrooperPetterson
  18. KingClutch x 77

KingClutch x 77 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kc#1247
    Ratings:
    +636 / 16 / -21
    Good read Baris

• Like Like x 2
    kingclutchx77
  19. Rockgosu4

Rockgosu4 LaVedette

Ratings:
    +230 / 11 / -33
    Im not A bad players man you should try to play with me baris

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    rockgosu
  20. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    I've only played with you once when you played with @Jlm1410 and we won like 8-2 or something that's only thing I recall feel free to prove me wrong tho ;)

Nybarisny