NHL 17 Beta Review!

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Well at first glance I would say the tie up in front of the net is leaving a lot to be desired... The fact that you have to stand still to even attempt it is bad design along with the fact that triangle is the button used.... I think they need to put it back on the right analog for it to be effective.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Moranaconda
  2. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Well at first glance I would say the tie up in front of the net is leaving a lot to be desired... The fact that you have to stand still to even attempt it is bad design along with the fact that triangle is the button used.... I think they need to put it back on the right analog for it to be effective.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Moranaconda
  3. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    Do not change anything please dear god.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    chipyox
  4. PieR Talent

PieR Talent Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,803 / 87 / -178
    They improved the hugging after scoring goals! Love the hugging!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    Am I missing something here? Glove side shot directly at my glove and it's a goal... Why do the goalies have toddler like reflexes now? I watched the replay and the glove didn't move at all... 1" of movement would have caught the puck

berserrkr
  6. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    Fixed view for goalies is still terrible. Guess it's another year of overhead view for goalies... How hard is it to make he goalies translucent and the camera not all screwy

berserrkr
  7. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    I'm playing forward this year screw it lol

berserrkr
  8. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,503 / 57 / -72
    Please remove the "auto skate" if I want to go to a spot on the ice I'll use my left stick myself. I don't need EA's help to go where they think I should be.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    wags82
  9. Audacity81

Audacity81 Official Dick Pick Provider of LG

Discord:
    audacity81#0
    Ratings:
    +2,430 / 157 / -263
    Was you glove in line with the post most times your goalie won't make that save if your glove can,would,or could hit the post.

No Streaming Account
  10. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    Nope plain easy shot. Zero reflex glove stayed stationary

berserrkr
  11. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    Pucking Moving Defenseman - Blows
    Puck Pickup seems pretty terrible.
    Still can't hit bigger guys off the puck resulting in a high chance that NHL 17 is all about playing as the tall big fat guys again with very few people using "skill" players.
    Faceoffs - Forwards still allowed to skate straight to the d uncontested right off the faceoff resulting in the ability to pokecheck the puck before it reaches the d-man on a faceoff win.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Wingnutdrw53

Wingnutdrw53 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wingnutdrw53#1228
    Ratings:
    +269 / 27 / -182
    Pros and Cons through 2 days of Beta -

Pros --
    1)gameplay is MUCH smoother.....this one is at the top for me (I can actually 100% control my player -- No delay or lag, SO far)
    2)I like the White color Interface via Display
    3)Music is MUCH better! granted a lot of pop music, but going in the right direction
    4)Connection status of each player and Ping test (IN GAME -- LOVE THIS)
    5)The draft is awesome
    6)drop ins go by a position to position basis... if you pick Defense, you're assigned Defense....Forward as forward....etc. we wont be getting Defenders playing Offense and goalies playing defense - more organized
    7)Fixed the wrap around/Goalie can actually react to the speed of the player now
    8) Goalie movement/Mechanics is MUCH... MUCH better and smoother
    9) No...More...Board Monsters! I cannot tell you how many times I've been screwed over playing defense in my own zone (Board monster, turnover, GOAL) GONE!
    10)The BOOT a TROLL feature is amazing! you get a D-/F rating, intentionally go offsides, or hold onto the puck and not pass....you're gone! FUCK you trolls
    11)If a User goalie leaves....the Computer is Much smaller and MUCH easier to score on.... So for ALL you goalies who can't take a loss, there's finally repercussions for YOU....as well as the team you left high and dry --
    12)XP point deductions for players leaving and quitting

CONS --

1) none on the top of my head yet.... I'm sure i'll find some as the week goes on -- lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Found one glitch that is very discriminatory....Can't enter a birth year earlier than 1966!!! That's Ageism, dammit!!! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    tsibs88
  14. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    @Bbrawler84 How deep in your net were you? You can't goal line sit this year because of the shot power. This is a good thing lol.

Also what about the fixed camera don't you like? It is a little slow right now, which can be fixed.

@MCDONALD l19l thanks for posting this!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    eashlgoalie
  15. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    I'm not one to goal line sit, I play aggressively in 16 as well. Just terrible goalie reflexes. His glove hand didn't move one bit.

I don't like the weird angle changes in fixed view. Also I want to see things in front of me and not just the back of my goalie.

berserrkr
  16. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    You need that back angle to be able to see the puck behind the net. The new camera was set up so there was minimal change to the camera when the puck went to the corners and behind the net. Of course if you don't like it there's always High or Overhead.

eashlgoalie
  17. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    If goalies are forced to play in overhead view again in NHL 17 to compete my goalie days are done.

berserrkr
  18. SMS Fan 3

SMS Fan 3 CHL Deputy Commissioner

Discord:
    SMS Fan 3#7289
    Ratings:
    +112 / 26 / -10
    Positives so Far that I've Seen
    1. The unlock system is pretty cool. Playing in your club is more of a journey for everyone in it now.
    2. It is slightly easier to knock pucks off of people when they make a mistake instead of them just skating right through you.
    3. Your player levels up not just based on milestones, but on your offense, defense, and team play, which is a great idea.
    4. It feels like being smart and playing hockey plays a larger role in winning, since defense works better.
    5. Wraps are finally less effective. Goalies move a lot quicker from post to post, seriously decreasing the wrap's power.
    6. Customizing your team info can actually be fun now. You can select more specific colors and fully customize your own team to your liking.
    7. You can now toggle whether you would like your player info to match that of other positions. I LOVE this option since it will help a lot of people. You no longer have to manually switch your handedness when switching sides of the ice, and you can make your own player for each position.
    8. I don't know if anyone else feels this, but I feel that finding a club to play against is a quicker process than in NHL 16.

Negatives so Far that I've Seen
    1. Awkward spins are still in the game, and they are noticeably more frequent in this particular addition to the series.
    2. Hits can be too powerful, sending people flying across the ice. This sometimes leads to no chance of recovering and attempting to get the puck back.
    3. Why only one pause? Keep the second pause in the game. If someone has to take a piss or change batteries right before the first puck drop, then there goes that team's timeout!
    4. It sucks that you only have one option for your club shit to begin with (one jersey being the main issue). Maybe two or three to start off would be better, with many items to still unlock. It's not a major problem, just a minor inconvenience. If the point of NHL 17 is "more customization", then you should have several options to start out, with many options left to be unlocked even after allowing 2-3 to begin with.
    5. In terms of customization again, when are custom cameras going to return? I use overhead, but I used to use nearly a top-down view back on the 360 which I felt much more comfortable with. Obviously not everyone used custom cameras back on the 360, but they should at least be an option for people who like them, and for people to test them out.

smsfan3
  19. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    Smite is a free game on PS4. They can make their players translucent. Why can't ea make their goalies translucent? How do you stop a puck if all you see is your own back.
    Goalie is meant to be played from the goalies perspective, not overhead. Get it right EA

berserrkr
  20. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,503 / 57 / -72
    Also, please allow for a "-" as a first name. I prefer to just go by my nickname and don't want to be forced to input a first name. Like "Prince" or "Ghandi" I just want to go by Wags again. :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    wags82