NHL 16 Patch Wishlist/NHL 17 Wishlist

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by JmOnEy2436, Nov 9, 2015.

1. JmOnEy2436

JmOnEy2436 Goalie Consultant

Ratings:
    +929 / 9 / -14
    For those thinking it's waaayyy to early for this. The sooner we get this done. The sooner EA can know what we want. And even if they only have time to fix 1 thing we mentioned that they didn't talk about, that's 1 less thing to worry about.

This is mainly for EASHL but other game mode concerns are welcome.

This is for things that need fixing AND things we would want added

EASHL:

1. Puck Pickups - Its terrible watching guys skate right past the puck for no reason.

2. Skating Fluidity - tough for me to explain. It just feels off. Hopefully you guys can help clarify for me.

3. Auto Pokes - If you're within reasonable reach of the puck your players should have an interception animation (it should at least lead to a deflection). For those farther out, the poke check should be done by us, the player. Let us decide the outcome of the game.

4. Defensive Tie Ups - Defenseman need this tool from previous games as another means of stopping cross creases/disrupting deflections/rebound opportunities. Offensive players can park wherever they want with no physical deterrent.

5. Change Hitting/Poke Check/ Diving - What if the right stick controlled our poke checks? We can control where we poke whenever we wanted. You can choose the angle you want to lay your body when diving using the right stick. Press/Hold RB when you want to make a hit.

The one downside I thought of is that we would accidentally shoot when we wanted to poke not knowing we had the puck, but doesn't that already happen when you meant to hit?

6. Goalie Input Delay - Even on a good connection, goalie movements are still delayed slightly longer than skaters. This is what makes straight lining so effective. Skaters can just go right around goalies. I've lost count of how many times I know my goalie would have moved in 15 based on my reaction time but in 16 he wont even move. Most noticeable on breakaways.

7. Goalie Posts - Goalies try moving as close to the post as you can. Notice your player bounce off the post. That gap is what makes short side difficult to defend against wide angle shots. EA needs to eliminate this bounce and somehow let us move closer to protect short side.

8. Goalie Post Movement - They've beefed it up in the past few updates so wraps aren't as difficult as before. It's still robotic and atrocious. You can warp from anywhere in the crease to the post. Try it, go as far out as you can without pushing 'Free Skate' and then hold a post. Fluid and realistic right?

9. Better Menus - One set of menus for Drop-in and another for club? One Lobby for Club, a second for Playoffs, and a third for club challenges?

10. Equipment Team Colors - For those who like to customize their equipment (goalie pads, blockers, etc.) An option for team colors so no matter what club/drop-in team we play for it matches. If you want to go 100% custom then go that way.

This is just off the top of my head for now. Any additions or more details about what's already been mentioned will be more than welcome.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    TheCreasePolice
  2. Detect Stealth

Detect Stealth Stealthy

Discord:
    Stealthy#9238
    Ratings:
    +381 / 35 / -25
    I love this list.. but what I'd really love is to go back to my AHL home :)

• Old Old x 1
    DetectStealth
  3. Dan0245

Dan0245 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 13 / -16
    Guess you never heard of alternate controls which was analog controls poke. They decided to remove those and custom cameras from the game unfortunately.

No Streaming Account
  4. BWZinc

BWZinc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Zinc#5455
    Ratings:
    +653 / 81 / -59
    NHL 16
    Fix the fucken button delay

• Like Like x 3
  5. JmOnEy2436

Ratings:
    +929 / 9 / -14
    I know it existed in the past, why not bring it back?

TheCreasePolice
  6. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    To make LG run

1. Put (back) the rich online presence. Before when someone was playing a game, their rich online presence had their team and score (IE "Playing Online 3rd TOR*: 2 at OTT : 3"). We used to parse this to get "Live Scoring"

2. Remove "Player Name" from Stat screens http://i.imgur.com/gxbuqwy.png . Put gamertag instead so our OCR can do its job much easier and we dont have to rely on users keeping this information up to date on LG

2.1 Put back the position played in the stat screen above

2.2 If you scrolled to the right in the stat screen above, the gamertag stayed put on the left column, so you knew who's stats were connected to who at the end of the list

2.3 Put the goalie stats in the same page (like it was in NHL 15 Xbox 360), right now we have to create a seperate screen shot to get goalie info

3. Give us an opportunity to get an API so we can automate LG scores.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. dityboycom

dityboycom I don't agree with you Platinum

Discord:
    dityboycom#4643
    Ratings:
    +367 / 51 / -50
    Fixes desired:
    • When hugging the post, and switching between VH and standing goalie often bounces on and off the post, opening up the short side for no reason.
    • When hugging the post attempting to move to the middle of the net, either does not happen, or you push way too far off the post
    • Paddle down has a chance to cause you to slide away from the net and get stuck in the animation
    • Butterfly has the chance to cause your goalie to slide away from the net and get stuck in the animation
    • Controls often only take one set of input regardless of holding the joystick in the correct direction, one must let off and reengage the joystick to receive a response
    • Animation selection, glove saves are frequently met with goalies automatically moving away from the shot to put their glove on the puck, instead of putting a shoulder on the shot, more often then not, resulting in a goal
    • Break-away response time is little to non existent, frequently even when in position to make a save on the break-away the goalie does not even react to the shot. Sliding save also overrides any current save animation, but seemingly only on break-aways
    • Bring back precision movement in butterfly
    • Passing to the net is more effective than shooting, A. there is no sound B. auto animations are late to realize the puck is on net
    • Goalie animations react to passes locking the avatar up when the pass receiver is no where near the crease, often resulting in a weak side goal as your avatar is still recovering from the unsolicited save animation
    • Goalie delay on facing the puck is outrageous, there is no reason a shot should be taken and my goalie is still facing the other direction, their head should be turned at a very minimum
    • Give the option to enable auto free skate when behind your net, often goalies get pushed behind their net and are unable to get back out front because the goalie is still attempting to precision movement his way back into the crease
    • Add paddle down as an auto save animation to weak 5 hole shots, instead of the current meta of random kick saves being attempted while the goalie goes through a series of animations awaiting the pucks arrival
    • When holding the "hug post" button, all directional input should be assumed to place the avatar on the post in that general direction, as of right now with the camera related controls, if your camera is slanted while the puck is on the boards when you attempt to move to the other post right on the joystick does not place you on the other post, but down and to the right does, while at the same time if they're directly behind the net, you need to hit the joystick on a 90* axis to get a fluid post to post response
    • Return the auto poke animation when in VH on the post
    • Return auto poke animation to pucks near the crease so goalies no longer get scored on by a puck half an inch away from their pad but since it was from board to board they made no attempt to deflect it
    • Return head peak animation allowing the user to know their goalie is screened

I could add more, but It's my assumption 90% of this won't make it on the list anyway, and of the 10% that does, 9.99% of that will be ignored.

• Like Like x 2
    Hockeyinfo33
  8. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74
    we need a "Be a Hot-Dog Vendor" Mode... that shit would be Elite!!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    Sebby6138
  9. Kapper97

Kapper97 GT: Kapper97

Ratings:
    +34 / 20 / -13
    How about Be a ref mode?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    I agree with pretty much all of this except #4. That needs to forever die along with board play.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    1. Fix the god damn net code. If this doesn't happen no other gameplay improvements matter.

2. NHL 10 with NHL 16 graphics. Since this isn't realistic....

...3. A skill stick that actually separates people with elite thumbs from those with mediocre thumbs. Not looking for 360 version levels of ~*~* puck pull backs and A button force fields, but some level of depth and complexity would be nice. Mortal Kombat II from 1993 on a 3 button Sega Genesis controller has a more complex control system than NHL 16. The game needs to be like FIFA where high end skill moves aren't required to be successful, but act as an element to separate the average from the elite.

4. 2x faster game speed. This is supposed to be a hockey simulation, not chess. Don't give us an hour to make decisions with the puck because everyone is moving around like a golf cart.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  12. bfp7

bfp7 put em in a coffin.

Discord:
    bfp7#0
    Ratings:
    +1,671 / 33 / -70
    shopping cart here

13. JmOnEy2436

Ratings:
    +929 / 9 / -14
    Transparent Goalie for those who use lower style cameras. I think its annoying that you can't see a puck that directly in front of you because the goalie's in the way.

• Like Like x 1
    TheCreasePolice
  14. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    Also an easier solution to the way the camera is handled when the puck goes behind the net. Someone suggested R1/RB to be assigned as a "rear view mirror" button where you can "look" behind your or see what's going on in other parts of the ice not visible in the camera. In real life a goalie would just turn their head, but in this game we're stuck making an educated guess.

Camera relative controls would have to be adjusted as well. Right now on the high/fixed/low camera the controls are skewed when the camera goes diagonally.

• Like Like x 1
    eashlgoalie
  15. xWynt3r

xWynt3r Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xWynt3r#2443
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -1
    • Sticks need to physically collide with other objects (players, goalies, net, etc) and affect the trajectory/force of puck movement if that stick happens to be the puck carrier's stick. Tired of seeing sticks glitch through me for a goal.
    • Goal line slapshot effectiveness needs to go WAY down.. try that shit in real life and see how often you successfully sneak one of those in.
    • Everything Dityboy said
    • Improve puck physics, it's sad to watch a puck go from resting atop my pad to suddenly flying off it with no visible force to lead to a batted-in goal.

xWynt3r
  16. xWynt3r

xWynt3r Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xWynt3r#2443
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -1
    xWynt3r