NCAA BBALL LEAGUE???

Discussion in 'Suggestions & feedback' started by Golden Gophers, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Could we possibly take another poll and try and set up a league or atleast some type of ladder. I have been looking at OSPN's League and it seems to be setup pretty well.

No Streaming Account
  2. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, this would be pretty fun. I have played this game before and I like it, I'm thinking of buying it. Hopefully we can at least get a ladder going.

Gajeske85
  3. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All I can tell you is try out the game and see if you still feel like it would be worth trying. I know when I played it I would attempt wide open 3's with guys rated 85+ on 3's and never hit a single one. mid-range jump shots were also very very rare to make. Short jump shots were pretty much money as they should be unless there is good D in your face. And then the normal dunks. NCAA also felt a little sluggish compared to how basketball really is.

No Streaming Account
  4. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, I played it and I thought it was cool....

Gajeske85
  5. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm with DeNMaN on this one. It feels very sluggish, the controls aren't as tight as NBA, and the graphics and animations are way behind.

No Streaming Account
  6. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well if we do something for it great, the game is coming my way for Project Gotham 2 this week, but if not, I will just play other people that have it for fun :D.

No Streaming Account
  7. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, well I see that Jon and Denman don't like it...so if we were to get something set up you guys aren't forced to join. I think it would be kinda cool, and I know a lot of people who do like the game.

Gajeske85
  8. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, for sure. If there's support for it, go for it and see if Tris10 will make a scoreboard.

Just pointing out that this was already discussed back in October and November and nothing ever became of it.

No Streaming Account
  9. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeh, I know that nothing was ever done but that was a while back and attitudes might have changed since the NBA league has been in motion for a while.
    Well if we cant get anything setup guess I will just have to try and play over at OSPN.

No Streaming Account
  10. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We mentioned this game twice and there was a max of like 10 people who even gave a damn. I would support maybe an exhibition board but running a league would be a waste. Too much work just to make like 5 people happy I think. Like i said though if Tris10 wanted to create an exhibition scoreboard that would be cool.

No Streaming Account
  11. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeh just something like that would even be nice, how were the interest levels taken?

I would just rather stay here and play a league rather than travel to OSPN for one league.

No Streaming Account
  12. esinrada

esinrada Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a little help to you Denman, I'm not sure what game you were playing because the ratings for 3s don't ever go as high as 85. Not for a single player on the game. Are you sure you're talking about the same game?

No Streaming Account
  13. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could of swore there was a guy on Mizzou rated over 85 with an overall rating of like 92. And I could of been mistaken on a few others as Mizzou was the only team I played the most with. But after 5 games and not making a single 3 and all mid-range jumpers were iffy made me skeptical of the game. Then the sluggish feel and add the horrible graphics just left the game in the rated very low to me. It like just because guys are in college they don't know how to shoot a 3 even when it is 3 foot closer than the pro's. The game ends up slow pace and one dimensional offense, which is why I guess people could mistake that for better Defense compared to NBA.

No Streaming Account
  14. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeh, I didn't enjoy the game at all but I didnt find it hard to make three's, but I picked up March Madness and I love it thus far. Only problem is that it doesnt play online.

No Streaming Account
  15. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, 3's aren't guaranteed, hard to make em. Blocks aren't over excessive, I like it. Honestly, I think there should be an exhibition scoreboard for this game, but then again, I am only a member. It would be cool to have maybe a 5-10 person league for this game, or just a ladder or even an exhibition scoreboard. If anything does happen, please let me know :D.

No Streaming Account
  16. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    NCAA Hoops is a bad game, I play it only because its the only college game online for Xbox. Very faulted, poor graphics, a subpar game.

No Streaming Account
  17. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    *Read at your own risk* lol

Wow. I sound like an old record player, but i like it because of the basic fundamentals that are very strong and realistic. I play with a set of sliders that were perfected on espnvideogames.com and the game is just plain sweet. Personally i dont see what are wrong with the graphics(yeah NBA 2k4 beat every sport on graphics) and animations(they do what they are suppose to do). It performs very well on fastbreaks and not too flashy on half court offense(unless you get the open lane). I'm just probly a simulation nut that likes simulation before flash.

I think that 3's could be a little bit toned down but it's not as bad as NBA2k4(IMO). Once you learn the release of the three's it just flows when you are wide open. Blocking is good. Defense is great(no ridiculous Offensive rebounding stats by the other team). This game is runned more on teamplay then isolation. If you watch College Ball you'll see the same thing.

The game runs on a modified NBA 2k3 engine with a modified isomotion. 2k3 engine is nice but they didnt really take away the collition detection(people still abuse this to stop you on fast breaks) but everything else is nice though. I would like for this site to start a league for it though. But the scoreboard would have to be something along the lines of how great the OSPN league one looks like.

This site doesnt have the many ncaa or b-ball fans. For this league to take off we would have to go get members from around the net. A lot of people want to be in a league but it's hard to get into them because of the lack of them online and the full ones.

Tris makes the scoreboards and it's up to him to start everything and us to get dedicated members to be interested.

No Streaming Account